Jump to topic:

Unusual Christian Arguments

dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2015 3:39:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Instead of using the same old arguments that eventually turn into bickering and useless refutations, why don't we bring up some newer arguments for Christianity? Below is a short list that I believe would be fun to debate.

-The Legitimacy of the Fatima Miracle
-The Shroud of Turin
-Ghosts Show There is an Afterlife (Do Ghosts Exist? If so, etc.)
-Evolution Doesn't Contradict Creationism
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2015 4:08:53 PM
At 2/26/2015 3:39:08 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Instead of using the same old arguments that eventually turn into bickering and useless refutations, why don't we bring up some newer arguments for Christianity? Below is a short list that I believe would be fun to debate.

-The Shroud of Turin

- no comment of Fatima
- The Shroud of Turin is likely a forgery
- If there is such a thing as ghosts, then they are an argument against the religious concepts of Heaven and Hell unless we allow for the Catholic concept of 'purgatory'. However, it would be necessary to verify their existence before it could be a very strong argument.
- Evolution and Creationism do seem to contradicts to me. According to Genesis, plants were created before sunlight. Also, I would have to check, but I believe evolution supports land creatures before birds, but the creation according to the Bible is opposite of this. Lastly, humans were created fully formed directly by the hand of God (not evolved), and this is not backed by the fossil record.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2015 4:18:26 PM
At 2/26/2015 3:39:08 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:

Unfalsifiable and therefore unacceptable as evidence.

-The Shroud of Turin

Tested and shown to be Medieval in origin, not Biblical.

No valid evidence of ghosts existence. If they do, then the basis of most Christian denominations proven wrong.

The Creation Story is in direct conflict with Evolution, claiming all creatures were brought into existence as we know them today when the fossil record and other evidence refutes that assertion.

In short, none of these is a valid argument for Christianity.