Jump to topic:

Seek PEACE, & pursue it

Kaleb.oz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2015 5:29:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
It is strikingly obvious, that this world is severely lacking peace. Whilst individually we may not be able to make much of a difference on the world scene, I believe we can pursue peace within our family, the workplace and with friends.

How does one become a peace maker?
There is a big difference between someone who is peaceable, and one who is a peace maker.
A peaceable person, seeks to avoid conflict minds his own business, generally tries to not do any harm to their fellow person.

A peace maker pursues peace. In Matthew 5:23,24 Jesus said: "If, then, you are bringing your gift to the altar and there you remember that your brother has something against you,24"leave your gift there in front of the altar, and go away. First make your peace with your brother, and then come back and offer your gift.

Vs 23 stated "you remember your brother has something against you"... You may not have any issue with your brother, but he may have the issue with you, vs 24 says first go make peace with your brother.

Peace before sacrifice. Jesus was saying, before you offer something to God, make sure you have peace with your brother. Even if you don't have an issue with your brother, if he has a problem with you, it's your problem. What am I willing to do to pursue peace?

Jesus is described in Isaiah 9:6 as the prince of peace... Who could offer better advice when it comes to how to seek peace, and pursue it.
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2015 9:12:31 PM
At 2/26/2015 5:29:17 PM, Kaleb.oz wrote:
It is strikingly obvious, that this world is severely lacking peace. Whilst individually we may not be able to make much of a difference on the world scene, I believe we can pursue peace within our family, the workplace and with friends.

There is a big difference between someone who is peaceable, and one who is a peace maker.
A peaceable person, seeks to avoid conflict minds his own business, generally tries to not do any harm to their fellow person.

A peace maker pursues peace. In Matthew 5:23,24 Jesus said: "If, then, you are bringing your gift to the altar and there you remember that your brother has something against you,24"leave your gift there in front of the altar, and go away. First make your peace with your brother, and then come back and offer your gift.

Vs 23 stated "you remember your brother has something against you"... You may not have any issue with your brother, but he may have the issue with you, vs 24 says first go make peace with your brother.

Peace before sacrifice. Jesus was saying, before you offer something to God, make sure you have peace with your brother. Even if you don't have an issue with your brother, if he has a problem with you, it's your problem. What am I willing to do to pursue peace?

Jesus is described in Isaiah 9:6 as the prince of peace... Who could offer better advice when it comes to how to seek peace, and pursue it.

Many people have tried to seek peace through a peace making war machine. The bible is full of these types of tales. I suggest it is understanding and acceptance we should create.
Kaleb.oz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 4:08:17 AM
Many people have tried to seek peace through a peace making war machine. The bible is full of these types of tales. I suggest it is understanding and acceptance we should create.

Philippians 4:7 states: and the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your mental powers by means of Christ Jesus.

Man can not create peace, as peace comes from God. He can grant us peace if we seek it, & pursue it amongst ourselves and with those with whom we have dealings with.
Kaleb.oz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 3:13:14 PM
At 2/27/2015 6:10:59 AM, uncung wrote:
Tell your troops to go out of islamic lands.

What makes you say they are my troops? I don't vote, and no action taken by the government is done with my backing.

I can control only what I do.

It is my intention to be a peace maker, in imitation of earths new ruler, Jesus Christ.
There will be no troops to deploy in the near future, as "He is bringing an end to wars throughout the earth." - psalm 46:9
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 3:29:14 PM

Antichrists can't find peace because they believe this world and themselves to be real. Death will solve their un-peaceful state of minds.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 5:07:53 PM
At 2/27/2015 3:29:14 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Antichrists can't find peace because they believe this world and themselves to be real. Death will solve their un-peaceful state of minds.

You have been away from alcohol too long and have lost your will to live. And it isn't fun being homeless either. Why do you hate successful people?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 5:58:39 PM
At 2/27/2015 5:07:53 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/27/2015 3:29:14 PM, bornofgod wrote:

You have been away from alcohol too long and have lost your will to live. And it isn't fun being homeless either. Why do you hate successful people?

I don't hate anything now that I understand everything. It's you who hates the knowledge I'm sharing in this forum.
debate_power
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 6:14:16 PM

Funny how God is all about peace in the New Testament and a bloodthirsty genocidal psychopath in the Old Testament. You almost say there were... two different Gods. (gasps)
You can call me Mark if you like.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 6:18:47 PM
At 2/27/2015 6:14:16 PM, debate_power wrote:

Funny how God is all about peace in the New Testament and a bloodthirsty genocidal psychopath in the Old Testament. You almost say there were... two different Gods. (gasps)

Christians made their gods much holier than the Jewish god of Abraham. Our Creator knows how He deceived all His religious people with the tree of the knowledge of good and evil that included His program called the beast.
debate_power
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 6:23:52 PM
At 2/27/2015 6:18:47 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Christians made their gods much holier than the Jewish god of Abraham. Our Creator knows how He deceived all His religious people with the tree of the knowledge of good and evil that included His program called the beast.

A trickster god, I see. Do you worship Loki or something?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 6:27:20 PM
At 2/27/2015 6:23:52 PM, debate_power wrote:

You're the one who debated me about the existence of God. Go back and start reading my testimonies of the word of the Lord, which is where we exist as invisible vibrations.
debate_power
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 6:30:20 PM
At 2/27/2015 6:27:20 PM, bornofgod wrote:

You're the one who debated me about the existence of God. Go back and start reading my testimonies of the word of the Lord, which is where we exist as invisible vibrations.

Why do you think a God who goes out of his way to deceive you is the most trustworthy being?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 6:31:54 PM
At 2/27/2015 6:30:20 PM, debate_power wrote:

Why do you think a God who goes out of his way to deceive you is the most trustworthy being?

I was forced to trust Him during a 28 1/2 year trial. Now I've been writing and speaking for Him the past 6 1/2 years.
debate_power
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 6:33:37 PM
At 2/27/2015 6:31:54 PM, bornofgod wrote:

I was forced to trust Him during a 28 1/2 year trial. Now I've been writing and speaking for Him the past 6 1/2 years.

So... looking back at your previous arguments... do you consider God's testimony to you physical evidence of Him? You give me the impression that you have seen physical evidence for God's existence, yet you said before that there is none...
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 6:38:07 PM
At 2/27/2015 6:33:37 PM, debate_power wrote:

So... looking back at your previous arguments... do you consider God's testimony to you physical evidence of Him? You give me the impression that you have seen physical evidence for God's existence, yet you said before that there is none...

There's absolutely no way we can see the Creator that I testify for. We exist as His thoughts so how can we see Him?
debate_power
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 6:39:00 PM
At 2/27/2015 6:38:07 PM, bornofgod wrote:

There's absolutely no way we can see the Creator that I testify for. We exist as His thoughts so how can we see Him?

So you recognize that you have no reason to believe, yet you believe?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 6:46:39 PM
At 2/27/2015 6:39:00 PM, debate_power wrote:
At 2/27/2015 6:38:07 PM, bornofgod wrote:

So you recognize that you have no reason to believe, yet you believe?

All the thoughts of God are called the mind. Your mind and my mind are of the mind of God, which is nothing but invisible vibrations. Think of these vibrations as God's computing language to form objects with. If you listen to physicists talk about quantum mechanics, you will soon learn that even the particles they thought were real are not real at all. They are only illusions that make us believe they are real.

If you believe a physicist, then you should be able to believe the knowledge I share in this forum and everywhere else God has me witness.