Total Posts:3|Showing Posts:1-3
Jump to topic:

A thought experiment

drpiek
Posts: 590
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2015 9:40:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
There is a short maze that people must go through. Half the people never make it through. Of the ones who complete the maze 95% say that black is good, blue is bad. The other 5% say color does not matter, just be careful. You have gone through both blue and black rooms and survived even though both were challenging. You are at the last step of the maze before the exit; do you choose blue or black?

This obviously represents the theist/atheist percentages in America.
FaustianJustice
Posts: 8,140
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 12:44:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/26/2015 9:40:13 PM, drpiek wrote:
There is a short maze that people must go through. Half the people never make it through. Of the ones who complete the maze 95% say that black is good, blue is bad. The other 5% say color does not matter, just be careful. You have gone through both blue and black rooms and survived even though both were challenging. You are at the last step of the maze before the exit; do you choose blue or black?

This obviously represents the theist/atheist percentages in America.

If I survived both, and they were both challenging, what does it matter what I choose? It seems to me, in this example, that 95% of people (of which is actually minority of the population if half never make it), they are just espousing a greater minority opinion that the remaining 5%. I guess I am not understanding exactly what the... anything is of this.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
bulproof
Posts: 30,246
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 3:25:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/26/2015 9:40:13 PM, drpiek wrote:
There is a short maze that people must go through. Half the people never make it through. Of the ones who complete the maze 95% say that black is good, blue is bad. The other 5% say color does not matter, just be careful. You have gone through both blue and black rooms and survived even though both were challenging. You are at the last step of the maze before the exit; do you choose blue or black?

This obviously represents the theist/atheist percentages in America.

Pray for wings and fly up to see the result.
Prayer is all you need.
When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
And the red queen's off with her head
Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head, feed your head