Total Posts:38|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The burning building analogy is complete BS.

GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 7:37:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
It's an analogy used by Christians to justify their God's action of creating hell. It goes:

Fireman - burning building - salvation
God - hell - salvation

It's false because God made hell and will only save you if you believe in him, wheras the fireman expects nothing in return for getting you out of the building.
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 11:55:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/27/2015 7:37:35 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
It's an analogy used by Christians to justify their God's action of creating hell. It goes:

Fireman - burning building - salvation
God - hell - salvation

It's false because God made hell and will only save you if you believe in him, wheras the fireman expects nothing in return for getting you out of the building.

God's flood was used to kill the first batch of flesh and the fire of God ( hot molten lava ) will kill the rest of the flesh on the illusion called earth.

Genesis 6
12: And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.
13: And God said to Noah, "I have determined to make an end of all flesh; for the earth is filled with violence through them; behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

17: For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall die.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 12:00:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/27/2015 11:55:43 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/27/2015 7:37:35 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
It's an analogy used by Christians to justify their God's action of creating hell. It goes:

Fireman - burning building - salvation
God - hell - salvation

It's false because God made hell and will only save you if you believe in him, wheras the fireman expects nothing in return for getting you out of the building.

God's flood was used to kill the first batch of flesh and the fire of God ( hot molten lava ) will kill the rest of the flesh on the illusion called earth.

Genesis 6
12: And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.
13: And God said to Noah, "I have determined to make an end of all flesh; for the earth is filled with violence through them; behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

17: For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall die.

If earth is just an illusion, why does God have to destroy it? How can there be flesh living on an illusory earth? You are getting ahead of God's thoughts.
Ragnar
Posts: 1,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 12:09:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/27/2015 7:37:35 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
It's an analogy used by Christians to justify their God's action of creating hell. It goes:

Fireman - burning building - salvation
God - hell - salvation

It's false because God made hell and will only save you if you believe in him, wheras the fireman expects nothing in return for getting you out of the building.

Never heard that one before, but if you add that the fireman in question started the fire I think it works.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 12:21:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/27/2015 7:37:35 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
It's an analogy used by Christians to justify their God's action of creating hell. It goes:

Fireman - burning building - salvation
God - hell - salvation

It's false because God made hell and will only save you if you believe in him, wheras the fireman expects nothing in return for getting you out of the building.

Exactly. The problem I get is that evangelicals see themselves as fireman. An even worse analogy has been used by Todd Friel. People ask him why does he have to be intolerant and anti tolerance. He stated "if a moving bus is heading to your neighbor, do you say 'get out of the way' or do you say 'nah, there's a possibility he'll be ok and safe'".
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 12:25:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/27/2015 12:00:30 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/27/2015 11:55:43 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/27/2015 7:37:35 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
It's an analogy used by Christians to justify their God's action of creating hell. It goes:

Fireman - burning building - salvation
God - hell - salvation

It's false because God made hell and will only save you if you believe in him, wheras the fireman expects nothing in return for getting you out of the building.

God's flood was used to kill the first batch of flesh and the fire of God ( hot molten lava ) will kill the rest of the flesh on the illusion called earth.

Genesis 6
12: And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.
13: And God said to Noah, "I have determined to make an end of all flesh; for the earth is filled with violence through them; behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

17: For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall die.

If earth is just an illusion, why does God have to destroy it? How can there be flesh living on an illusory earth? You are getting ahead of God's thoughts.

We're living in a dream experience my dear lost child. Nothing we observe is real.
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 12:38:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/27/2015 11:55:43 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/27/2015 7:37:35 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
It's an analogy used by Christians to justify their God's action of creating hell. It goes:

Fireman - burning building - salvation
God - hell - salvation

It's false because God made hell and will only save you if you believe in him, wheras the fireman expects nothing in return for getting you out of the building.

God's flood was used to kill the first batch of flesh and the fire of God ( hot molten lava ) will kill the rest of the flesh on the illusion called earth.

Genesis 6
12: And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.
13: And God said to Noah, "I have determined to make an end of all flesh; for the earth is filled with violence through them; behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

17: For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall die.

Citing bible verses is not provision of proof.
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 1:27:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/27/2015 12:38:41 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/27/2015 11:55:43 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/27/2015 7:37:35 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
It's an analogy used by Christians to justify their God's action of creating hell. It goes:

Fireman - burning building - salvation
God - hell - salvation

It's false because God made hell and will only save you if you believe in him, wheras the fireman expects nothing in return for getting you out of the building.

God's flood was used to kill the first batch of flesh and the fire of God ( hot molten lava ) will kill the rest of the flesh on the illusion called earth.

Genesis 6
12: And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.
13: And God said to Noah, "I have determined to make an end of all flesh; for the earth is filled with violence through them; behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

17: For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall die.

Citing bible verses is not provision of proof.

Do you know what hot molten lava does with the human body?
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 1:57:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/27/2015 1:27:44 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/27/2015 12:38:41 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/27/2015 11:55:43 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/27/2015 7:37:35 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
It's an analogy used by Christians to justify their God's action of creating hell. It goes:

Fireman - burning building - salvation
God - hell - salvation

It's false because God made hell and will only save you if you believe in him, wheras the fireman expects nothing in return for getting you out of the building.

God's flood was used to kill the first batch of flesh and the fire of God ( hot molten lava ) will kill the rest of the flesh on the illusion called earth.

Genesis 6
12: And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.
13: And God said to Noah, "I have determined to make an end of all flesh; for the earth is filled with violence through them; behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

17: For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall die.

Citing bible verses is not provision of proof.

Do you know what hot molten lava does with the human body?

burns it
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 2:07:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/27/2015 1:57:57 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/27/2015 1:27:44 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/27/2015 12:38:41 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/27/2015 11:55:43 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/27/2015 7:37:35 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
It's an analogy used by Christians to justify their God's action of creating hell. It goes:

Fireman - burning building - salvation
God - hell - salvation

It's false because God made hell and will only save you if you believe in him, wheras the fireman expects nothing in return for getting you out of the building.

God's flood was used to kill the first batch of flesh and the fire of God ( hot molten lava ) will kill the rest of the flesh on the illusion called earth.

Genesis 6
12: And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.
13: And God said to Noah, "I have determined to make an end of all flesh; for the earth is filled with violence through them; behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

17: For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall die.

Citing bible verses is not provision of proof.

Do you know what hot molten lava does with the human body?

burns it

Here are a couple of prophecies that show what hot molten lava will do when it bursts through the crust of this earth and melts the entire crust.

Ezekiel 15
6: Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: Like the wood of the vine among the trees of the forest, which I have given to the fire for fuel, so will I give up the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
7: And I will set my face against them; though they escape from the fire, the fire shall yet consume them; and you will know that I am the LORD, when I set my face against them.
8: And I will make the land desolate, because they have acted faithlessly, says the Lord GOD."

Joel 2
1: Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on my holy mountain! Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming, it is near,
2: a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and thick darkness! Like blackness there is spread upon the mountains a great and powerful people; their like has never been from of old, nor will be again after them through the years of all generations.
3: Fire devours before them, and behind them a flame burns. The land is like the garden of Eden before them, but after them a desolate wilderness, and nothing escapes them.

2 Peter 3
10: But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fire, and the earth and the works that are upon it will be burned up.
11: Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of persons ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness,
12: waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be kindled and dissolved, and the elements will melt with fire!

Revelation 21
1: Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.
8: But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death."
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 2:15:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/27/2015 12:25:33 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/27/2015 12:00:30 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/27/2015 11:55:43 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/27/2015 7:37:35 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
It's an analogy used by Christians to justify their God's action of creating hell. It goes:

Fireman - burning building - salvation
God - hell - salvation

It's false because God made hell and will only save you if you believe in him, wheras the fireman expects nothing in return for getting you out of the building.

God's flood was used to kill the first batch of flesh and the fire of God ( hot molten lava ) will kill the rest of the flesh on the illusion called earth.

Genesis 6
12: And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.
13: And God said to Noah, "I have determined to make an end of all flesh; for the earth is filled with violence through them; behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

17: For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall die.

If earth is just an illusion, why does God have to destroy it? How can there be flesh living on an illusory earth? You are getting ahead of God's thoughts.

We're living in a dream experience my dear lost child. Nothing we observe is real.

We are also living in our wakeful moment my dear deluded eunuch. Nothing you observe is real because you have a cognitive malfunction. Your alcoholism damaged your brain.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 2:17:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/27/2015 2:15:04 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/27/2015 12:25:33 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/27/2015 12:00:30 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/27/2015 11:55:43 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/27/2015 7:37:35 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
It's an analogy used by Christians to justify their God's action of creating hell. It goes:

Fireman - burning building - salvation
God - hell - salvation

It's false because God made hell and will only save you if you believe in him, wheras the fireman expects nothing in return for getting you out of the building.

God's flood was used to kill the first batch of flesh and the fire of God ( hot molten lava ) will kill the rest of the flesh on the illusion called earth.

Genesis 6
12: And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.
13: And God said to Noah, "I have determined to make an end of all flesh; for the earth is filled with violence through them; behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

17: For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall die.

If earth is just an illusion, why does God have to destroy it? How can there be flesh living on an illusory earth? You are getting ahead of God's thoughts.

We're living in a dream experience my dear lost child. Nothing we observe is real.

We are also living in our wakeful moment my dear deluded eunuch. Nothing you observe is real because you have a cognitive malfunction. Your alcoholism damaged your brain.

God gave you the story of the former alcoholism of the body that's writing this post to keep you from listening to Him.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 2:35:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/27/2015 2:17:58 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/27/2015 2:15:04 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/27/2015 12:25:33 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/27/2015 12:00:30 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/27/2015 11:55:43 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/27/2015 7:37:35 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
It's an analogy used by Christians to justify their God's action of creating hell. It goes:

Fireman - burning building - salvation
God - hell - salvation

It's false because God made hell and will only save you if you believe in him, wheras the fireman expects nothing in return for getting you out of the building.

God's flood was used to kill the first batch of flesh and the fire of God ( hot molten lava ) will kill the rest of the flesh on the illusion called earth.

Genesis 6
12: And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.
13: And God said to Noah, "I have determined to make an end of all flesh; for the earth is filled with violence through them; behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

17: For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall die.

If earth is just an illusion, why does God have to destroy it? How can there be flesh living on an illusory earth? You are getting ahead of God's thoughts.

We're living in a dream experience my dear lost child. Nothing we observe is real.

We are also living in our wakeful moment my dear deluded eunuch. Nothing you observe is real because you have a cognitive malfunction. Your alcoholism damaged your brain.

God gave you the story of the former alcoholism of the body that's writing this post to keep you from listening to Him.

You cannot distance yourself from the past. What you sowed you are reaping. Why so many saints like you and MCB are homeless is because of bad choices made in the past. You cannot change the past nor can you deny it. We know you would like a new body instead of the one you ruined. But life can be a bitch sometimes.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 3:43:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/27/2015 12:21:23 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
The problem I get is that evangelicals see themselves as fireman.

Which is arrogant, ignorant, paternalistic and controlling, since they have no expertise, no rigour, and very little intellectual honesty.

My counter-example: ethanol burns with an invisible flame. If I were convinced you were burning from an ethanol fire, I'd want to drench you with water. On the other hand, I'd be a heel to convince myself that I could tell you were burning, while you couldn't.

Moreover, I could pass off any assault as 'saving' you from an invisible bus, swatting invisible wasps... Isn't that the sort of prank played by school bullies?
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 3:49:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/27/2015 2:35:37 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/27/2015 2:17:58 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/27/2015 2:15:04 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/27/2015 12:25:33 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/27/2015 12:00:30 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/27/2015 11:55:43 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/27/2015 7:37:35 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
It's an analogy used by Christians to justify their God's action of creating hell. It goes:

Fireman - burning building - salvation
God - hell - salvation

It's false because God made hell and will only save you if you believe in him, wheras the fireman expects nothing in return for getting you out of the building.

God's flood was used to kill the first batch of flesh and the fire of God ( hot molten lava ) will kill the rest of the flesh on the illusion called earth.

Genesis 6
12: And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.
13: And God said to Noah, "I have determined to make an end of all flesh; for the earth is filled with violence through them; behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

17: For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall die.

If earth is just an illusion, why does God have to destroy it? How can there be flesh living on an illusory earth? You are getting ahead of God's thoughts.

We're living in a dream experience my dear lost child. Nothing we observe is real.

We are also living in our wakeful moment my dear deluded eunuch. Nothing you observe is real because you have a cognitive malfunction. Your alcoholism damaged your brain.

God gave you the story of the former alcoholism of the body that's writing this post to keep you from listening to Him.

You cannot distance yourself from the past. What you sowed you are reaping. Why so many saints like you and MCB are homeless is because of bad choices made in the past. You cannot change the past nor can you deny it. We know you would like a new body instead of the one you ruined. But life can be a bitch sometimes.

All us saints were made homeless by being forced to sell everything we owned, including leaving our wives and families. Being made a eunuch helps to leave our wives.
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 5:28:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/27/2015 2:07:29 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/27/2015 1:57:57 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/27/2015 1:27:44 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/27/2015 12:38:41 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/27/2015 11:55:43 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/27/2015 7:37:35 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
It's an analogy used by Christians to justify their God's action of creating hell. It goes:

Fireman - burning building - salvation
God - hell - salvation

It's false because God made hell and will only save you if you believe in him, wheras the fireman expects nothing in return for getting you out of the building.

God's flood was used to kill the first batch of flesh and the fire of God ( hot molten lava ) will kill the rest of the flesh on the illusion called earth.

Genesis 6
12: And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.
13: And God said to Noah, "I have determined to make an end of all flesh; for the earth is filled with violence through them; behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

17: For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall die.

Citing bible verses is not provision of proof.

Do you know what hot molten lava does with the human body?

burns it

Here are a couple of prophecies that show what hot molten lava will do when it bursts through the crust of this earth and melts the entire crust.

Ezekiel 15
6: Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: Like the wood of the vine among the trees of the forest, which I have given to the fire for fuel, so will I give up the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
7: And I will set my face against them; though they escape from the fire, the fire shall yet consume them; and you will know that I am the LORD, when I set my face against them.
8: And I will make the land desolate, because they have acted faithlessly, says the Lord GOD."

Joel 2
1: Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on my holy mountain! Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming, it is near,
2: a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and thick darkness! Like blackness there is spread upon the mountains a great and powerful people; their like has never been from of old, nor will be again after them through the years of all generations.
3: Fire devours before them, and behind them a flame burns. The land is like the garden of Eden before them, but after them a desolate wilderness, and nothing escapes them.

2 Peter 3
10: But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fire, and the earth and the works that are upon it will be burned up.
11: Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of persons ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness,
12: waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be kindled and dissolved, and the elements will melt with fire!

Revelation 21
1: Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.
8: But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death."

Will you just STAHP using the Bible as a source?
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 6:04:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/27/2015 5:28:59 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/27/2015 2:07:29 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/27/2015 1:57:57 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/27/2015 1:27:44 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/27/2015 12:38:41 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/27/2015 11:55:43 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/27/2015 7:37:35 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
It's an analogy used by Christians to justify their God's action of creating hell. It goes:

Fireman - burning building - salvation
God - hell - salvation

It's false because God made hell and will only save you if you believe in him, wheras the fireman expects nothing in return for getting you out of the building.

God's flood was used to kill the first batch of flesh and the fire of God ( hot molten lava ) will kill the rest of the flesh on the illusion called earth.

Genesis 6
12: And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.
13: And God said to Noah, "I have determined to make an end of all flesh; for the earth is filled with violence through them; behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

17: For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall die.

Citing bible verses is not provision of proof.

Do you know what hot molten lava does with the human body?

burns it

Here are a couple of prophecies that show what hot molten lava will do when it bursts through the crust of this earth and melts the entire crust.

Ezekiel 15
6: Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: Like the wood of the vine among the trees of the forest, which I have given to the fire for fuel, so will I give up the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
7: And I will set my face against them; though they escape from the fire, the fire shall yet consume them; and you will know that I am the LORD, when I set my face against them.
8: And I will make the land desolate, because they have acted faithlessly, says the Lord GOD."

Joel 2
1: Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on my holy mountain! Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming, it is near,
2: a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and thick darkness! Like blackness there is spread upon the mountains a great and powerful people; their like has never been from of old, nor will be again after them through the years of all generations.
3: Fire devours before them, and behind them a flame burns. The land is like the garden of Eden before them, but after them a desolate wilderness, and nothing escapes them.

2 Peter 3
10: But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fire, and the earth and the works that are upon it will be burned up.
11: Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of persons ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness,
12: waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be kindled and dissolved, and the elements will melt with fire!

Revelation 21
1: Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.
8: But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death."

Will you just STAHP using the Bible as a source?

Would you rather I tell you a story about what is going to happen in the future?
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 6:22:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/27/2015 2:07:29 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/27/2015 1:57:57 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/27/2015 1:27:44 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/27/2015 12:38:41 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/27/2015 11:55:43 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/27/2015 7:37:35 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
It's an analogy used by Christians to justify their God's action of creating hell. It goes:

Fireman - burning building - salvation
God - hell - salvation

It's false because God made hell and will only save you if you believe in him, wheras the fireman expects nothing in return for getting you out of the building.

God's flood was used to kill the first batch of flesh and the fire of God ( hot molten lava ) will kill the rest of the flesh on the illusion called earth.

Genesis 6
12: And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.
13: And God said to Noah, "I have determined to make an end of all flesh; for the earth is filled with violence through them; behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

17: For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall die.

Citing bible verses is not provision of proof.

Do you know what hot molten lava does with the human body?

burns it

Here are a couple of prophecies that show what hot molten lava will do when it bursts through the crust of this earth and melts the entire crust.

Ezekiel 15
6: Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: Like the wood of the vine among the trees of the forest, which I have given to the fire for fuel, so will I give up the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
7: And I will set my face against them; though they escape from the fire, the fire shall yet consume them; and you will know that I am the LORD, when I set my face against them.
8: And I will make the land desolate, because they have acted faithlessly, says the Lord GOD."

Joel 2
1: Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on my holy mountain! Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming, it is near,
2: a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and thick darkness! Like blackness there is spread upon the mountains a great and powerful people; their like has never been from of old, nor will be again after them through the years of all generations.
3: Fire devours before them, and behind them a flame burns. The land is like the garden of Eden before them, but after them a desolate wilderness, and nothing escapes them.

2 Peter 3
10: But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fire, and the earth and the works that are upon it will be burned up.
11: Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of persons ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness,
12: waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be kindled and dissolved, and the elements will melt with fire!

Revelation 21
1: Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.
8: But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death."

Absolutely pathetic. You come on to these forums repeating the same crap over and over, posting those sick and twisted bible verses as some creepy way of getting your jollies, cackling away as you rub your clammy hands together.

You're no saint, pal.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 6:25:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/27/2015 6:22:42 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 2/27/2015 2:07:29 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/27/2015 1:57:57 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/27/2015 1:27:44 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/27/2015 12:38:41 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/27/2015 11:55:43 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/27/2015 7:37:35 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
It's an analogy used by Christians to justify their God's action of creating hell. It goes:

Fireman - burning building - salvation
God - hell - salvation

It's false because God made hell and will only save you if you believe in him, wheras the fireman expects nothing in return for getting you out of the building.

God's flood was used to kill the first batch of flesh and the fire of God ( hot molten lava ) will kill the rest of the flesh on the illusion called earth.

Genesis 6
12: And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.
13: And God said to Noah, "I have determined to make an end of all flesh; for the earth is filled with violence through them; behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

17: For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall die.

Citing bible verses is not provision of proof.

Do you know what hot molten lava does with the human body?

burns it

Here are a couple of prophecies that show what hot molten lava will do when it bursts through the crust of this earth and melts the entire crust.

Ezekiel 15
6: Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: Like the wood of the vine among the trees of the forest, which I have given to the fire for fuel, so will I give up the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
7: And I will set my face against them; though they escape from the fire, the fire shall yet consume them; and you will know that I am the LORD, when I set my face against them.
8: And I will make the land desolate, because they have acted faithlessly, says the Lord GOD."

Joel 2
1: Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on my holy mountain! Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming, it is near,
2: a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and thick darkness! Like blackness there is spread upon the mountains a great and powerful people; their like has never been from of old, nor will be again after them through the years of all generations.
3: Fire devours before them, and behind them a flame burns. The land is like the garden of Eden before them, but after them a desolate wilderness, and nothing escapes them.

2 Peter 3
10: But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fire, and the earth and the works that are upon it will be burned up.
11: Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of persons ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness,
12: waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be kindled and dissolved, and the elements will melt with fire!

Revelation 21
1: Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.
8: But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death."

Absolutely pathetic. You come on to these forums repeating the same crap over and over, posting those sick and twisted bible verses as some creepy way of getting your jollies, cackling away as you rub your clammy hands together.

You're no saint, pal.

And you're not what you appear to be as you look into a mirror.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 7:24:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/27/2015 3:43:37 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 2/27/2015 12:21:23 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
The problem I get is that evangelicals see themselves as fireman.

Which is arrogant, ignorant, paternalistic and controlling, since they have no expertise, no rigour, and very little intellectual honesty.

My counter-example: ethanol burns with an invisible flame. If I were convinced you were burning from an ethanol fire, I'd want to drench you with water. On the other hand, I'd be a heel to convince myself that I could tell you were burning, while you couldn't.

Moreover, I could pass off any assault as 'saving' you from an invisible bus, swatting invisible wasps... Isn't that the sort of prank played by school bullies?

Which is why I find modern street evangelists very dishonest today. Example

I was watching Evolution vs God with my dad one night because he thought I was too liberal and that evolution was wrong. By the end of the movie of course, he didn't like me saying God created with evolution.

But Ray went to mostly college students and asked them to provide evidence for evolution. He would go deeper into detail. But I thought about it. I could do the same thing by going to a theological seminary and asking tough questions to make them look like fools. They are going there to study and haven't learned everything yet.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 7:36:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/27/2015 7:24:15 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
Ray went to mostly college students and asked them to provide evidence for evolution. He would go deeper into detail. But I thought about it. I could do the same thing by going to a theological seminary and asking tough questions to make them look like fools. They are going there to study and haven't learned everything yet.

Absolutely, CP. I would feel a lot more comfortable about religion if it didn't keep tripping into a conflict of interest between asserting moral authority and claiming absolute truth.

Moral authority is the authority to tell people what's good and bad. Most reasonable people -- whether of faith or not -- would tend toward a position that we all are entitled to acquire some moral authority based on our understanding of world and people and consequence -- in other words, we each have the right to study how things work, think about what that means for us, talk about what we think is good and bad and argue over what we owe one another and how we acquit the privilege of our own existence. But I think most reasonable humans would agree that no human has or should have absolute moral authority, and that it's not a stretch to say that humans can't assert or be bestowed absolute moral authority.

That being so, there should be no impediment to exploring shared reality as truth.

The best Christian scientists understand this; the best atheist scientists understand this. They don't always agree on models, but competing models are good for science, and potentially good for moral development too.

This is why in my chats with Old Earth Creationists I have very little to criticise. If you want to argue that the laws of the universe themselves are intelligently designed then I might have some semantic and epistomological quibbles, but I don't consider the proposition itself ignorant, immoral or disingenuous -- as I think Young Earth Creation is.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, CP.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 8:10:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/27/2015 7:36:53 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 2/27/2015 7:24:15 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
Ray went to mostly college students and asked them to provide evidence for evolution. He would go deeper into detail. But I thought about it. I could do the same thing by going to a theological seminary and asking tough questions to make them look like fools. They are going there to study and haven't learned everything yet.

Absolutely, CP. I would feel a lot more comfortable about religion if it didn't keep tripping into a conflict of interest between asserting moral authority and claiming absolute truth.

Moral authority is the authority to tell people what's good and bad. Most reasonable people -- whether of faith or not -- would tend toward a position that we all are entitled to acquire some moral authority based on our understanding of world and people and consequence -- in other words, we each have the right to study how things work, think about what that means for us, talk about what we think is good and bad and argue over what we owe one another and how we acquit the privilege of our own existence. But I think most reasonable humans would agree that no human has or should have absolute moral authority, and that it's not a stretch to say that humans can't assert or be bestowed absolute moral authority.

That being so, there should be no impediment to exploring shared reality as truth.

The best Christian scientists understand this; the best atheist scientists understand this. They don't always agree on models, but competing models are good for science, and potentially good for moral development too.

This is why in my chats with Old Earth Creationists I have very little to criticise. If you want to argue that the laws of the universe themselves are intelligently designed then I might have some semantic and epistomological quibbles, but I don't consider the proposition itself ignorant, immoral or disingenuous -- as I think Young Earth Creation is.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, CP.

No problem. I try my best to preach and critique to those I find unfair because as a Christian, I don't want my faith to be misunderstood. The New Atheists and Fundamentalist Young Earth Christians are both getting it wrong in my opinion. To me, Christianity was never meant to be an organized institution for power. Based on the teachings of Jesus, I always get this "I'm the lone wolf who needs shelter" situation and that goes for a band I'm trying to start. I see us as lone Wolves looking for a pack or brotherhood to join. Wanting to be accepted because we appear different as outcasts to the environment we grew up in. But the pack we join has one who is an Alpha and Omega. The beggining and the end. And thus, Alpha and Omega has this christian idea to use the wolf life as an allegory for people who are looking for something they feel like they were missing.
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 10:32:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/27/2015 6:04:23 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/27/2015 5:28:59 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/27/2015 2:07:29 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/27/2015 1:57:57 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/27/2015 1:27:44 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/27/2015 12:38:41 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/27/2015 11:55:43 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/27/2015 7:37:35 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
It's an analogy used by Christians to justify their God's action of creating hell. It goes:

Fireman - burning building - salvation
God - hell - salvation

It's false because God made hell and will only save you if you believe in him, wheras the fireman expects nothing in return for getting you out of the building.

God's flood was used to kill the first batch of flesh and the fire of God ( hot molten lava ) will kill the rest of the flesh on the illusion called earth.

Genesis 6
12: And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.
13: And God said to Noah, "I have determined to make an end of all flesh; for the earth is filled with violence through them; behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

17: For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall die.

Citing bible verses is not provision of proof.

Do you know what hot molten lava does with the human body?

burns it

Here are a couple of prophecies that show what hot molten lava will do when it bursts through the crust of this earth and melts the entire crust.

Ezekiel 15
6: Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: Like the wood of the vine among the trees of the forest, which I have given to the fire for fuel, so will I give up the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
7: And I will set my face against them; though they escape from the fire, the fire shall yet consume them; and you will know that I am the LORD, when I set my face against them.
8: And I will make the land desolate, because they have acted faithlessly, says the Lord GOD."

Joel 2
1: Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on my holy mountain! Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming, it is near,
2: a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and thick darkness! Like blackness there is spread upon the mountains a great and powerful people; their like has never been from of old, nor will be again after them through the years of all generations.
3: Fire devours before them, and behind them a flame burns. The land is like the garden of Eden before them, but after them a desolate wilderness, and nothing escapes them.

2 Peter 3
10: But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fire, and the earth and the works that are upon it will be burned up.
11: Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of persons ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness,
12: waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be kindled and dissolved, and the elements will melt with fire!

Revelation 21
1: Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.
8: But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death."

Will you just STAHP using the Bible as a source?

Would you rather I tell you a story about what is going to happen in the future?

I would, but I'm too busy not giving a $h1t
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 10:43:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/27/2015 7:37:35 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
It's an analogy used by Christians to justify their God's action of creating hell. It goes:

Fireman - burning building - salvation
God - hell - salvation

It's false because God made hell and will only save you if you believe in him, wheras the fireman expects nothing in return for getting you out of the building.

Well,.thats not quite right. God only saves you if you want to be saved. If you want to spend eternity in Hell, He will let you.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 10:45:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/27/2015 10:43:53 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 2/27/2015 7:37:35 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
It's an analogy used by Christians to justify their God's action of creating hell. It goes:

Fireman - burning building - salvation
God - hell - salvation

It's false because God made hell and will only save you if you believe in him, wheras the fireman expects nothing in return for getting you out of the building.

Well,.thats not quite right. God only saves you if you want to be saved. If you want to spend eternity in Hell, He will let you.

He demands your belief.
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 10:49:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/27/2015 10:45:34 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/27/2015 10:43:53 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 2/27/2015 7:37:35 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
It's an analogy used by Christians to justify their God's action of creating hell. It goes:

Fireman - burning building - salvation
God - hell - salvation

It's false because God made hell and will only save you if you believe in him, wheras the fireman expects nothing in return for getting you out of the building.

Well,.thats not quite right. God only saves you if you want to be saved. If you want to spend eternity in Hell, He will let you.

He demands your belief.
He desires it. He doesn't demand it
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 10:51:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/27/2015 10:49:22 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 2/27/2015 10:45:34 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/27/2015 10:43:53 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 2/27/2015 7:37:35 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
It's an analogy used by Christians to justify their God's action of creating hell. It goes:

Fireman - burning building - salvation
God - hell - salvation

It's false because God made hell and will only save you if you believe in him, wheras the fireman expects nothing in return for getting you out of the building.

Well,.thats not quite right. God only saves you if you want to be saved. If you want to spend eternity in Hell, He will let you.

He demands your belief.
He desires it. He doesn't demand it

If u sop believing then he sends u to hell
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 10:55:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/27/2015 10:51:42 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/27/2015 10:49:22 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 2/27/2015 10:45:34 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/27/2015 10:43:53 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 2/27/2015 7:37:35 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
It's an analogy used by Christians to justify their God's action of creating hell. It goes:

Fireman - burning building - salvation
God - hell - salvation

It's false because God made hell and will only save you if you believe in him, wheras the fireman expects nothing in return for getting you out of the building.

Well,.thats not quite right. God only saves you if you want to be saved. If you want to spend eternity in Hell, He will let you.

He demands your belief.
He desires it. He doesn't demand it

If u sop believing then he sends u to hell

With all due respect, that's not an accurate depiction. If you don't want to be with Him, He doesn't force you to be with Him. People send themselves to Hell, not God.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 10:56:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/27/2015 10:51:42 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/27/2015 10:49:22 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 2/27/2015 10:45:34 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/27/2015 10:43:53 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 2/27/2015 7:37:35 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
It's an analogy used by Christians to justify their God's action of creating hell. It goes:

Fireman - burning building - salvation
God - hell - salvation

It's false because God made hell and will only save you if you believe in him, wheras the fireman expects nothing in return for getting you out of the building.

Well,.thats not quite right. God only saves you if you want to be saved. If you want to spend eternity in Hell, He will let you.

He demands your belief.
He desires it. He doesn't demand it

If u sop believing then he sends u to hell

If you believe in a false deity like all religious people do, you will still be saved from your wicked flesh and from this world. Christians don't understand any of God's prophecies about ALL His people being saved according to His eternal plan.
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 11:05:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/27/2015 10:55:50 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 2/27/2015 10:51:42 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/27/2015 10:49:22 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 2/27/2015 10:45:34 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/27/2015 10:43:53 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 2/27/2015 7:37:35 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
It's an analogy used by Christians to justify their God's action of creating hell. It goes:

Fireman - burning building - salvation
God - hell - salvation

It's false because God made hell and will only save you if you believe in him, wheras the fireman expects nothing in return for getting you out of the building.

Well,.thats not quite right. God only saves you if you want to be saved. If you want to spend eternity in Hell, He will let you.

He demands your belief.
He desires it. He doesn't demand it

If u sop believing then he sends u to hell

With all due respect, that's not an accurate depiction. If you don't want to be with Him, He doesn't force you to be with Him. People send themselves to Hell, not God.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaJgLBoB_Pw
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...