Jump to topic:

Does the Bible making mockery of God?

POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 2:19:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Some christains hate Ahmeed Deedat for mocking the Bible... is that so? if you look closey into the Bible its the Bible making mockery of God..... for example these talking about God...

https://www.youtube.com...
Psalm 18:10
Smoke went up from his nostrils, and devouring fire from his mouth; glowing coals flamed forth from him.He bowed the heavens and came down; thick darkness was under his feet.He rode on a cherub and flew; he came swiftly on the wings of the wind.

cherub - young angel (girl).

Isaiah 7:20
In that day the Lord will shave with a razor that is hired beyond the River"with the king of Assyria"the head and the hair of the feet, and it will sweep away the beard also.

So God is going to shave peoples the hair on their head feet and beard? and God riding little girlsh angels? the Bible making mockery of its God itself...

my question is do you really believe in these ?? jews and christians..
Never fart near dog
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 2:38:07 PM
At 2/27/2015 2:19:04 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Some christains hate Ahmeed Deedat for mocking the Bible... is that so? if you look closey into the Bible its the Bible making mockery of God..... for example these talking about God...

Smoke went up from his nostrils, and devouring fire from his mouth; glowing coals flamed forth from him.He bowed the heavens and came down; thick darkness was under his feet.He rode on a cherub and flew; he came swiftly on the wings of the wind.

In that day the Lord will shave with a razor that is hired beyond the River"with the king of Assyria"the head and the hair of the feet, and it will sweep away the beard also.

So God is going to shave peoples the hair on their head feet and beard? and God riding little girlsh angels? the Bible making mockery of its God itself...

I like crayons and cupcakes.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 2:58:07 PM

Cherubs are the chariots of God, and they are depicted as winged beings on the lid of the covenant box, which was housed in the Holy of Holies beneath the outstretched wings of the two greater cherubs, and they were not depicted as young girls you foolish and ignorant child.

Study the Bible before you attack it and stop revealing your self to be the ignoramus that you appear to be.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 3:42:21 PM
At 2/27/2015 2:58:07 PM, Gentorev wrote:

Cherubs are the chariots of God, and they are depicted as winged beings on the lid of the covenant box, which was housed in the Holy of Holies beneath the outstretched wings of the two greater cherubs, and they were not depicted as young girls you foolish and ignorant child.

Study the Bible before you attack it and stop revealing your self to be the ignoramus that you appear to be.

google search
https://www.google.co.il...

search for cherub in St. Peter's Basillica!!

dictionary cherub:
Theology. a member of the second order of angels, often represented as a beautiful rosy-cheeked child with wings.
a beautiful or innocent person, especially a child.
a person, especially a child, with a sweet, chubby, innocent face.

so God rides naked little boys/girls (whatever you like) to fly? im not attacking you... you see you are angry at me for something in your bible.. you should criticise your bible not me.bump.
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 3:42:48 PM
At 2/27/2015 2:38:07 PM, Envisage wrote:
I like crayons and cupcakes.

say whatttttttt
Never fart near dog
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 4:33:27 PM

It all depends on whether you possess the knowledge of God like us chosen saints do to know exactly what they symbolic names and phrases are in God's prophecies or if you believe in a literal interpretation of the prophecies.

Did you know that NO Christian possesses the knowledge of God?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 4:44:58 PM
At 2/27/2015 4:33:27 PM, bornofgod wrote:

It all depends on whether you possess the knowledge of God like us chosen saints do to know exactly what they symbolic names and phrases are in God's prophecies or if you believe in a literal interpretation of the prophecies.

Why should they. Their come to Jesus moment makes them lightheaded.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 6:24:57 PM
At 2/27/2015 4:44:58 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/27/2015 4:33:27 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Why should they. Their come to Jesus moment makes them lightheaded.

LOL !!!!!!!! God had me walk forward to an altar call while I was at an Amway function back in 1994. They actually believe their Jesus is our God. Anyway, God had me become a Christian for about nine years so that I could see all the hypocrisy and read the Bible until I had a good understanding of all the symbolic names in it. It was 14 years later that He started teaching me what these symbolic names meant while I was testifying to His knowledge in writing the words He put in my mind. Now I know how lightheaded Christians really are.
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 8:36:58 PM

Metaphors.

Psalms is a book of songs and poetry. You don't listen to an ICP song or Body Count song and take it literal. They use metaphors to describe something real. I'll leave a link from a guy who can explain this better.

The word used for cherub means the following: cherub, cherubim (pl)
an angelic being
as guardians of Eden
as flanking God's throne
as an image form hovering over the Ark of the Covenant
as the chariot of Jehovah (fig.)

So we have multiple meanings. Also, how do you know it's a girl? The verb usage is also in male usage.

As for Issiah 7:20, I haven't looked much into biblical verses pertaining to prophecies. I'd rather be honest of saying I know the answers cuz of God.

Ahmed doesn't mock the bible, but he makes assertions the bible doesn't make (such as his 2 Timothy 3:16 test claim) and he acts very immature for his age from what I've seen. He likes putting on an act like Nabir to promote his ego. Anyway, here's the video I said I'd bring up.

http://youtu.be...
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 5:43:45 AM
At 2/27/2015 8:36:58 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:

Metaphors.

Psalms is a book of songs and poetry. You don't listen to an ICP song or Body Count song and take it literal. They use metaphors to describe something real. I'll leave a link from a guy who can explain this better.

what metaphor about unleashing smoke out of his nostrils and fire from his mouth to burn coals? so its not a mockery of God to you its only a "metaphor"... we are talking about God you know...

an angelic being
as guardians of Eden
as flanking God's throne

So we have multiple meanings. Also, how do you know it's a girl? The verb usage is also in male usage.

i know its girlish angels because first see this

this is how cherub looks in the vatican in Rome, a naked baby girl. secondly open every dictionary you would find there these definitions: http://dictionary.reference.com...

a celestial being. Gen. 3:24; Ezek. 1, 10.
Theology. a member of the second order of angels, often represented as a beautiful rosy-cheeked child with wings.

God rides this cr@p? you christians and jews making mockery of God... i cant understand how you really believe God does things like that....riding naked girls?? come on.

As for Issiah 7:20, I haven't looked much into biblical verses pertaining to prophecies. I'd rather be honest of saying I know the answers cuz of God.

prophecies or not explicit statement God going to shave with a hired razer the hair of the legs beard and of the head, on the human level its shameful and nonsense, but attributing such nonsense to God??

Ahmed doesn't mock the bible, but he makes assertions the bible doesn't make (such as his 2 Timothy 3:16 test claim)

emmmm no you try to change the bible becuase its not suiting you try to change it million times it would be there.....

and he acts very immature for his age from what I've seen. He likes putting on an act like Nabir to promote his ego. Anyway, here's the video I said I'd bring up.

i dont know who is Nabir but he is not acting at all that is how he talks if you dont like it ok, i can say same thing about James White... doesnt he use his body language?

i really like John Lennox sometime i watch his talks.. but he comes to the bible stuff it doesnt go well... i know this man very reasonable guy but how he believes these like this one above about God?
Never fart near dog
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 7:55:32 AM
At 2/28/2015 5:43:45 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:

Metaphors.

what metaphor about unleashing smoke out of his nostrils and fire from his mouth to burn coals? so its not a mockery of God to you its only a "metaphor"... we are talking about God you know...

an angelic being
as guardians of Eden
as flanking God's throne

this is how cherub looks in the vatican in Rome, a naked baby girl. secondly open every dictionary you would find there these definitions: http://dictionary.reference.com...

God rides this cr@p? you christians and jews making mockery of God... i cant understand how you really believe God does things like that....riding naked girls?? come on.

prophecies or not explicit statement God going to shave with a hired razer the hair of the legs beard and of the head, on the human level its shameful and nonsense, but attributing such nonsense to God??

Ahmed doesn't mock the bible, but he makes assertions the bible doesn't make (such as his 2 Timothy 3:16 test claim)

emmmm no you try to change the bible becuase its not suiting you try to change it million times it would be there.....

and he acts very immature for his age from what I've seen. He likes putting on an act like Nabir to promote his ego. Anyway, here's the video I said I'd bring up.

i dont know who is Nabir but he is not acting at all that is how he talks if you dont like it ok, i can say same thing about James White... doesnt he use his body language?

i really like John Lennox sometime i watch his talks.. but he comes to the bible stuff it doesnt go well... i know this man very reasonable guy but how he believes these like this one above about God?

By the way, didn't South Park not only mocked Muhammad, but had him depicted in a cartoon episode?

I saw definitions 1 and 2 on that link, but not 3 and 4. And even if they were, the term is beautiful child. Not beautiful girl child. You may have Ahmed's tactic of changing meanings.

I already told you that Isiah 7:20 does not speak of God literally shaving people. In John Lennox book, Seven Days That Divide The World, he explains that we say things we don't literally mean due to slang. Such as, The car was flying down the road. The car and road are literal, but flying is a metaphor for something real called going fast. The same can be applied when Jesus calls himself a vine and door. We also don't think of holy kisses to be literal kisses. I may not have read it, but I'm sure the Quran would have language just like this.

(Also about the Vatican, they make graven images, which they amend in their bibles because that's what they like to do. The Catholics also believe in salvation by works.)

Tell me where in 2 Timothy the word "test" or any indication of a test is used.

James White is an intolerant christian who believes in doing things his own way. Though I believe he is still saved by faith, i do not approve of his words because he insulted people like me who like the group BioLogos.

Wait til you see Ravi Zacharias, the guy who works for.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 8:52:33 AM
At 2/28/2015 7:55:32 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:

Metaphors.

an angelic being
as guardians of Eden
as flanking God's throne

By the way, didn't South Park not only mocked Muhammad, but had him depicted in a cartoon episode?

lol who cares i enjoy their episodes every time i watch them... just skip cr@p in your life and move on dont take garbage it into your heart seriously...

I saw definitions 1 and 2 on that link, but not 3 and 4. And even if they were, the term is beautiful child. Not beautiful girl child. You may have Ahmed's tactic of changing meanings.

what?? you dont see 3 and 4? check whatever dictionary you like its all the same... http://www.thefreedictionary.com... but anyway def.2 says also often represented as a beautiful rosy-cheeked child with wings.

what is child in your language? boy or a girl. i say girl because you see it in churches all over the world murals or sculptures.. amazing how you abjure it...lets say for you its not little girls its baby boys.. that makes to you any differences? on the human level its a mockery of God.. my question is do you believe God rides these boys?

I already told you that Isiah 7:20 does not speak of God literally shaving people. In John Lennox book, Seven Days That Divide The World, he explains that we say things we don't literally mean due to slang. Such as, The car was flying down the road. The car and road are literal, but flying is a metaphor for something real called going fast. The same can be applied when Jesus calls himself a vine and door. We also don't think of holy kisses to be literal kisses. I may not have read it, but I'm sure the Quran would have language just like this.

i saw John Lennox giving the example of the car.. but what is has to do with shave hair of the leg head and beard. you claims its a metaphor so explain how its a metaphor, shaving?

(Also about the Vatican, they make graven images, which they amend in their bibles because that's what they like to do. The Catholics also believe in salvation by works.)

Catholics still comprise about half (50%) of Christians worldwide and 16% of the total global population, if you dont like half of them ok.. what church you belong to? and dictionary doesnt lie..

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

why you trying to find the word "test" read it simple english.

James White is an intolerant christian who believes in doing things his own way. Though I believe he is still saved by faith, i do not approve of his words because he insulted people like me who like the group BioLogos.

i prefer not talking about persons individually because everyone has to say something to another... the problem in christianity every church claims something contrary to others.. i just qouting the bible and if you cant explain it why say "metaphor" and run away? how its a metaphor?

i dont want to judge people before hand... or if he has something i dont like i should paint this guy as a rubbish? no.. you deal every detail maybe some of his claims right or wrong.
Never fart near dog
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 10:53:36 AM
At 2/28/2015 8:52:33 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 2/28/2015 7:55:32 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:

Metaphors.

an angelic being
as guardians of Eden
as flanking God's throne

prophecies or not explicit statement God going to shave with a hired razer the hair of the legs beard and of

what?? you dont see 3 and 4? check whatever dictionary you like its all the same... http://www.thefreedictionary.com... but anyway def.2 says also often represented as a beautiful rosy-cheeked child with wings.

what is child in your language? boy or a girl. i say girl because you see it in churches all over the world murals or sculptures.. amazing how you abjure it...lets say for you its not little girls its baby boys.. that makes to you any differences? on the human level its a mockery of God.. my question is do you believe God rides these boys?

i saw John Lennox giving the example of the car.. but what is has to do with shave hair of the leg head and beard. you claims its a metaphor so explain how its a metaphor, shaving?

Catholics still comprise about half (50%) of Christians worldwide and 16% of the total global population, if you dont like half of them ok.. what church you belong to? and dictionary doesnt lie..

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

why you trying to find the word "test" read it simple english.

i prefer not talking about persons individually because everyone has to say something to another... the problem in christianity every church claims something contrary to others.. i just qouting the bible and if you cant explain it why say "metaphor" and run away? how its a metaphor?

i dont want to judge people before hand... or if he has something i dont like i should paint this guy as a rubbish? no.. you deal every detail maybe some of his claims right or wrong.

There are parts of the bible we don't take literally. The Psalms are songs that use metaphors. As for the verses, I haven't studied them properly so I can't tell you what the metaphor is.

The cherub definition is important because you have to know what the author is addressing. Example if I were to say, The presidents initials are B.O, you'd think I'm right, but I think the president is Barry Owens even though I don't come out and say it.

I belong to one church. God, Elohim, Yaweh, Jehovah, Allah. He has many names and he is the true church.

Profitable for those things doesn't mean a test. I can tell you that the words in Anthem by Ayn Rand is profitable, but doesn't mean it's a test. It merely means you can apply the book to the way you live your life. But only if you study it and read carefully.

All are saved christians if they accept Jesus as Lord and savior. This, they're sins are forgiven.