Jump to topic:

What does "spirit" mean?

bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 12:08:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Most of God's people don't understand that the word "spirit" is only a symbolic name.

Do you know what "spirit" means?
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 12:50:57 AM
At 2/28/2015 12:08:59 AM, bornofgod wrote:
Most of God's people don't understand that the word "spirit" is only a symbolic name.

EE: Words can mean many things depending on how they are measured and weighed and by whom and for what motives.

the common meanings of spirit are very short in list as it is a word that is not really required on a more simple level.

what does fetters mean?
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 12:56:04 AM
At 2/28/2015 12:50:57 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:

EE: Words can mean many things depending on how they are measured and weighed and by whom and for what motives.

the common meanings of spirit are very short in list as it is a word that is not really required on a more simple level.

what does fetters mean?

What does the "spirit" of God mean?
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 12:58:36 AM
At 2/28/2015 12:56:04 AM, bornofgod wrote:

what does fetters mean?

EE: spiritual fetters
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 1:07:07 AM
At 2/28/2015 12:58:36 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:

what does fetters mean?

I knew you wouldn't be able to tell me what the spirit of God means. No man knows what it means.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 1:20:10 AM
At 2/28/2015 1:07:07 AM, bornofgod wrote:

what does fetters mean?

I knew you wouldn't be able to tell me what the spirit of God means. No man knows what it means.

EE: I answered your questions.

Just because you choose to be programed and fettered to illusions doesn't mean that all others share your opinion.

The Spirit of God is much the same as the Spirit of Mother Nature.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 1:22:29 AM
At 2/28/2015 1:20:10 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:

what does fetters mean?

Just because you choose to be programed and fettered to illusions doesn't mean that all others share your opinion.

I asked you what the spirit of God means. You haven't answered it yet. The spirit of God is my created existence so I know exactly what it means.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 1:37:59 AM
At 2/28/2015 1:22:29 AM, bornofgod wrote:

what does fetters mean?

I asked you what the spirit of God means. You haven't answered it yet. The spirit of God is my created existence so I know exactly what it means.

EE: That makes sense that ONLY you would know what you think you know as you are the creator of your thoughts, vibrations, illusions, delusions, confusion and on.

You have a very LIMITED repertoire that you keep repeating like a endless loop.

you are a superstitious saint.
as real as -----------------------------------------------------> . <---
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 2:01:22 AM
At 2/28/2015 1:37:59 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:

what does fetters mean?

EE: That makes sense that ONLY you would know what you think you know as you are the creator of your thoughts, vibrations, illusions, delusions, confusion and on.

I have a lot of knowledge to share with God's chosen believers who listen to Him but antichrists like you who reject His knowledge will not listen. Since you won't listen and believe the knowledge I share, I'm not going to write a book's worth of knowledge to you. All I'm doing is showing you that you're clueless to how we are created or what the spirit of God means.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 2:08:49 AM
At 2/28/2015 2:01:22 AM, bornofgod wrote:

what does fetters mean?

I have a lot of knowledge to share with God's chosen believers who listen to Him but antichrists like you who reject His knowledge will not listen. Since you won't listen and believe the knowledge I share, I'm not going to write a book's worth of knowledge to you. All I'm doing is showing you that you're clueless to how we are created or what the spirit of God means.

How do you expect to have any credibility?

You even contradicted yourself in this (your) thread!
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 3:36:01 AM

It comes from a mediaeval Latin word -- spiritualis -- which means 'of breath or breathing'. This is the same root that gives us 'inspiration'. There's an ancient Greek notion that good ideas came from 'spirits', which would enter our bodies through breathing. The concept of 'genius' -- a 'spirit of place' that might invest us with intellectual or moral insight -- derives from this too.

In ancient times they wouldn't say someone was a genius -- they had a genius, and the genius could come and go as it pleased.

Many authors and other artists still use this metaphor: that a muse or spirit of genius guides them. However, the reality of this seems implausible, since it turns out that statistically, artists who learn how to observe, appreciate, think, prepare and practice technique produce more discerning art with or without whimsical impulses, than those who wait for whimsical impulses, but never develop discernment. :)
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 6:01:32 AM

Whisky, gin, vodka, brandy, lol!
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 10:33:40 AM
At 2/28/2015 2:08:49 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 2/28/2015 2:01:22 AM, bornofgod wrote:

what does fetters mean?

How do you expect to have any credibility?

You even contradicted yourself in this (your) thread!

What does "spirit" mean? This question cannot be answered by you because you don't know what it means. It's much easier for antichrists to say derogatory statements that have nothing to do with answering this question. The fear of not knowing the answer to the question causes you to avoid answering it.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 10:39:54 AM
At 2/28/2015 3:36:01 AM, RuvDraba wrote:

It comes from a mediaeval Latin word -- spiritualis -- which means 'of breath or breathing'. This is the same root that gives us 'inspiration'. There's an ancient Greek notion that good ideas came from 'spirits', which would enter our bodies through breathing. The concept of 'genius' -- a 'spirit of place' that might invest us with intellectual or moral insight -- derives from this too.

In ancient times they wouldn't say someone was a genius -- they had a genius, and the genius could come and go as it pleased.

Many authors and other artists still use this metaphor: that a muse or spirit of genius guides them. However, the reality of this seems implausible, since it turns out that statistically, artists who learn how to observe, appreciate, think, prepare and practice technique produce more discerning art with or without whimsical impulses, than those who wait for whimsical impulses, but never develop discernment. :)

Thanks for searching on the internet for this information. The biblical "spirit" means the thoughts of God. We all were created in the thoughts of God so we are people of His spirit. The flesh we observe are only illusions that we observe in the visions and dream each observer experiences.

God's thoughts are converted into invisible vibrations with each wavelength being one bit of information. This is God's computing language to form any illusion that He designed for His people and beasts to observe, including their own flesh.
Truth_Exposed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 10:59:13 AM

Are you referring to the Holy Ghost?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 11:01:39 AM
At 2/28/2015 10:59:13 AM, Truth_Exposed wrote:

The Holy Ghost is another symbolic name meaning the same exact thing as the biblical symbolic name "spirit".
Truth_Exposed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 11:46:11 AM
At 2/28/2015 11:01:39 AM, bornofgod wrote:

The Holy Ghost is another symbolic name meaning the same exact thing as the biblical symbolic name "spirit".

According to Scripture, the Spirit of The Most High is the Law.

Acts 7:51-53 (KJV)

51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

{This verse is in reference to the Yashralites. The Yashralites resisted the Holy Ghost, what is the Holy Ghost, it's the Law as V53 states.}

52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:

{Read on....}

53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

{So the Yashralites received the Law but they resisted it, they did not keep the Laws. This is what the Holy Ghost is.}

John 6:63

63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Romans 7: 14

14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 11:50:01 AM
At 2/28/2015 11:46:11 AM, Truth_Exposed wrote:

51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

{This verse is in reference to the Yashralites. The Yashralites resisted the Holy Ghost, what is the Holy Ghost, it's the Law as V53 states.}

52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:

{Read on....}

53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

{So the Yashralites received the Law but they resisted it, they did not keep the Laws. This is what the Holy Ghost is.}

63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

The Law is ALL God's thoughts that we saints preach from. The laws of the land that His people are living in accord comes from God's plan called the beast. These laws of the land are contrary to the Law of God that us saints possess.
Truth_Exposed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 11:50:57 AM
At 2/28/2015 11:50:01 AM, bornofgod wrote:

{Read on....}

The Law is ALL God's thoughts that we saints preach from. The laws of the land that His people are living in accord comes from God's plan called the beast. These laws of the land are contrary to the Law of God that us saints possess.

Do you have Scripture?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 11:54:05 AM
At 2/28/2015 11:50:57 AM, Truth_Exposed wrote:

{Read on....}

Do you have Scripture?

I am God's thoughts called the Word of the Lord. Everything came forth from Me.

John 1
1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2: He was in the beginning with God;
3: all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made.
4: In him was life, and the life was the light of men.
Truth_Exposed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 12:06:56 PM
At 2/28/2015 11:54:05 AM, bornofgod wrote:

{Read on....}

Do you have Scripture?

John 1
1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
3: all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made.

So are you referring to the "Holy Trinity" now?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 12:08:48 PM
At 2/28/2015 12:06:56 PM, Truth_Exposed wrote:

{Read on....}

Do you have Scripture?

John 1

I'm referring to God's thoughts, which is also called the Word of the Lord. There's no such thing as a triune god.
Truth_Exposed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 12:15:48 PM
At 2/28/2015 12:08:48 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/28/2015 12:06:56 PM, Truth_Exposed wrote:

{Read on....}

Do you have Scripture?

John 1

I'm referring to God's thoughts, which is also called the Word of the Lord. There's no such thing as a triune god.

Okay because I was about to say, I hope you don't believe in that Holy Trinity lie. Anywho, the Spirit is the Law, which brings life.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 12:28:33 PM
At 2/28/2015 10:39:54 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Thanks for searching on the internet for this information. The biblical "spirit" means the thoughts of God. We all were created in the thoughts of God so we are people of His spirit. The flesh we observe are only illusions that we observe in the visions and dream each observer experiences.

God's thoughts are converted into invisible vibrations with each wavelength being one bit of information. This is God's computing language to form any illusion that He designed for His people and beasts to observe, including their own flesh.

The bible does not speak of the spirit as thoughts of God.
Your comprehension of the language is terrible.
The bible : " The sense of God's nearness brings thoughts of God. The devout soul cherishes these thoughts, and they become to it a joy unspeakable. One thing arrests attention. It is the sense of God as a "fellow-person" which this good man had.

Psalms 139: I. HOW PRECIOUS TO ME ARE MY THOUGHTS OF THEE. The Jew associated the thought of God with everything. To him the grand things of nature were full of God. The mountains were the "hills of God"; the winds were the "breathings of God; the thunder was the "voice of God." The saints of God, in all the ages, have found one Being who is in everything, who is the life of everything, but they have found that they could enter into personal relations with Him.

1. Our thoughts of God are started by the history of His dealings with our fathers through the long ages.

2. By our studies of His handiwork.

3. Our best thoughts are started by our own personal experiences of His gracious dealings. For our lives have been so full of God. That seems to us now to be the supreme charm of them.

4. Our thoughts take on some new forms since we have had the helps and suggestions of our saving relations with the Lord Jesus.

Thoughts are not invisible vibrations with each wavelength being one bit of information. To receive these thoughts that you call invisible vibrations, one has to be psychic. To read binary information one has to have a digital decoder built in ones brain.
Are you suggesting saints are not humans but some cyber digital freaks?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 12:36:48 PM
At 2/28/2015 12:28:33 PM, Harikrish wrote:

The bible : " The sense of God's nearness brings thoughts of God. The devout soul cherishes these thoughts, and they become to it a joy unspeakable. One thing arrests attention. It is the sense of God as a "fellow-person" which this good man had.

Psalms 139: I. HOW PRECIOUS TO ME ARE MY THOUGHTS OF THEE. The Jew associated the thought of God with everything. To him the grand things of nature were full of God. The mountains were the "hills of God"; the winds were the "breathings of God; the thunder was the "voice of God." The saints of God, in all the ages, have found one Being who is in everything, who is the life of everything, but they have found that they could enter into personal relations with Him.

1. Our thoughts of God are started by the history of His dealings with our fathers through the long ages.

3. Our best thoughts are started by our own personal experiences of His gracious dealings. For our lives have been so full of God. That seems to us now to be the supreme charm of them.

4. Our thoughts take on some new forms since we have had the helps and suggestions of our saving relations with the Lord Jesus.

Thoughts are not invisible vibrations with each wavelength being one bit of information. To receive these thoughts that you call invisible vibrations, one has to be psychic. To read binary information one has to have a digital decoder built in ones brain.

If you had listened to the voice of the Lord and obeyed ALL His commandments ( thoughts ) you would learn what His "spirit" means.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 1:34:13 PM
At 2/28/2015 12:36:48 PM, bornofgod wrote:

If you had listened to the voice of the Lord and obeyed ALL His commandments ( thoughts ) you would learn what His "spirit" means.
Spirit does not mean thoughts of God. When people have thoughts of God they are said to be thinking of God.
Your are interpreting their thinking of God as invisible vibrations when it is simply their inner personal reflections of God. Try to see the difference between people's thoughts of God and God's thoughts.
You have been wrong for 6 years on this single issue. I AM here to correct you. Now read MY thoughts.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 1:59:10 PM
Thanks for searching on the internet for this information. The biblical "spirit" means the thoughts of God. We all were created in the thoughts of God so we are people of His spirit.

BoG, I'm not sure if you know, but this thought comes up in Jainism too, and Hinduism and subsequently Buddhism, since all these faiths are from the same lineage.

Man is more than his environment.
It is from the innate quality of the Spirit in him,
his inner storehouse, that he draws those ideas,
his intuitions, which unify his perceptions of the external world
instantaneously with a value which is qualitative
and not quantitative, and which he embodies in the works of his culture
- those achievements which belong not only to one particular time
but to all times, and mark the path of his upward progress.

When you discover for yourself, however dimly,
that you are rooted in something that is infinitely vast and potential,
you have found the soil wherein you grow unconsciously
into a most wonderful tree, the tree of life blended with knowledge.

What's interesting is that these thoughts date from lessons preached in India around 600BCE, so about the same time as Nebuchadnezzar and the reforms of Deuteronomy in Judaic tradition.

I don't personally subscribe to them -- I think we are very much creatures of our environments. But our values and aspirations can reach beyond our circumstance, and so can our determination, fortitude and sacrifice in fostering and developing them.

It's that which I call spirit.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 3:18:44 PM
At 2/28/2015 1:34:13 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Spirit does not mean thoughts of God. When people have thoughts of God they are said to be thinking of God.
Your are interpreting their thinking of God as invisible vibrations when it is simply their inner personal reflections of God. Try to see the difference between people's thoughts of God and God's thoughts.
You have been wrong for 6 years on this single issue. I AM here to correct you. Now read MY thoughts.

I didn't know for sure about God's thoughts being His spirit until this past two and a half years. I've being schooled by our Creator so it takes some time to know for sure what He's been teaching me. Now I know for a fact that His spirit is nothing but His thoughts where we all exist as His characters.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 3:43:48 PM
At 2/28/2015 3:18:44 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/28/2015 1:34:13 PM, Harikrish wrote:

I didn't know for sure about God's thoughts being His spirit until this past two and a half years. I've being schooled by our Creator so it takes some time to know for sure what He's been teaching me. Now I know for a fact that His spirit is nothing but His thoughts where we all exist as His characters.

If His spirit are His thoughts why does it say He breathe life into Adam. Clearly His thoughts are not his spirit nor are his thoughts His breath. If only you knew some biology you wouldn't make those ridiculous statements confusing thoughts with spirit and breath and then calling them invisible vibrations. Seriously have you studied the different functions of the human body where thoughts are an integral cognitive function of the brain. Obviously not!!!!

Genesis 2:7 7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. Even says it was through Adams nostrils.

The biblical "spirit" means the thoughts of God. We all were created in the thoughts of God so we are people of His spirit. The flesh we observe are only illusions that we observe in the visions and dream each observer experiences.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 3:43:48 PM
At 2/28/2015 1:59:10 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
Thanks for searching on the internet for this information. The biblical "spirit" means the thoughts of God. We all were created in the thoughts of God so we are people of His spirit.

BoG, I'm not sure if you know, but this thought comes up in Jainism too, and Hinduism and subsequently Buddhism, since all these faiths are from the same lineage.

I understand very well that many groups of people in the past have some knowledge of God that is very accurate to what is taught to us saints who testify to His knowledge through writing and speaking for Him. In fact, He has me use some of this knowledge of the past to show me that what He's been teaching me is right on the money. This is why the prophecies were written for us, too. We read the prophecies and know that what we were taught by God is correct. This gives us great confidence and trust in every word we testify for our Creator.

Man is more than his environment.
It is from the innate quality of the Spirit in him,
his inner storehouse, that he draws those ideas,
his intuitions, which unify his perceptions of the external world
instantaneously with a value which is qualitative
and not quantitative, and which he embodies in the works of his culture
- those achievements which belong not only to one particular time
but to all times, and mark the path of his upward progress.

When you discover for yourself, however dimly,
that you are rooted in something that is infinitely vast and potential,
you have found the soil wherein you grow unconsciously
into a most wonderful tree, the tree of life blended with knowledge.

What's interesting is that these thoughts date from lessons preached in India around 600BCE, so about the same time as Nebuchadnezzar and the reforms of Deuteronomy in Judaic tradition.

God has been revealing Himself and His knowledge ever since He had His first people wake up in this make-believe world.

I don't personally subscribe to them -- I think we are very much creatures of our environments. But our values and aspirations can reach beyond our circumstance, and so can our determination, fortitude and sacrifice in fostering and developing them.

It's that which I call spirit.

Knowledge ( consciousness ) is the thoughts of our Creator that were converted into code language called vibrations. All the illusions we observe are not real at all. Since we're only characters in His program called Eternal Life, He has been teaching me ( His last saint in this world ) about His program and His plans for the future.