Why does God allow ?

lastrequest691
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2010 11:28:48 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I have a vow with my God.

If God let me go into "that country" then I will not marry any woman from the continent of Asia. God has confirmed his agreement to my vows through the bible verses 3 times. I have never regretted my vow and the last time I fell in love with an Asian woman was 6 years ago. But after taking my vow God has given me a strange new heart and I don't feel attracted to Asian woman anymore.

But the condition is that if I break my vow 2 things will happen- I will not be able to go to "that country" and I must die.

The vow is serious so why does God allow the woman from this place to hit on me. Why doesn't God let the woman of this place hate me ?

If I marry or have a relationship with them then I must die. Why doesn't God stop them ? Why does God give them Free Will to kill me ?

I will surely die if I break my vow.

Why does God allow this to happen when He knows that I will die if I have relationship or married them ?
"That song was absolutely waste of talent; you sounded like a wounded animal and who told you to play the guitar by yourself." Simon Cowell
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2010 11:39:38 PM
At 7/13/2010 11:28:48 PM, lastrequest691 wrote:

If God let me go into "that country" then I will not marry any woman from the continent of Asia. God has confirmed his agreement to my vows through the bible verses 3 times.

Not sure what you mean.

I have never regretted my vow and the last time I fell in love with an Asian woman was 6 years ago. But after taking my vow God has given me a strange new heart and I don't feel attracted to Asian woman anymore.

But the condition is that if I break my vow 2 things will happen- I will not be able to go to "that country" and I must die.

Sounds like a vow to God to me.

The vow is serious so why does God allow the woman from this place to hit on me. Why doesn't God let the woman of this place hate me ?

Because God wants temptation to be there. The vow wouldn't be serious if you didn't have to try.

If I marry or have a relationship with them then I must die. Why doesn't God stop them ? Why does God give them Free Will to kill me ?

You must stop them yourself. Tell them you aren't interested, ignore them, do whatever you think is best.

Again, common theme in breaking vows with God

Why does God allow this to happen when He knows that I will die if I have relationship or married them ?

He wants to test how serious you are to your vow.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 12:02:22 AM
Why have you made this vow? You obviously like asian women...
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 12:07:57 AM
At 7/14/2010 12:02:22 AM, tvellalott wrote:

He wants to be in "that country" and its better to make a vow with God then to save money for a plane ticket and housing.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 12:09:08 AM
At 7/14/2010 12:07:57 AM, lovelife wrote:

He wants to be in "that country" and its better to make a vow with God then to save money for a plane ticket and housing.

Why does God care if he goes to that company and marries an Asian woman?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 12:13:47 AM
At 7/14/2010 12:09:08 AM, tvellalott wrote:

Because, he made a deal with God, and God doesn't want the vow broken.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 3:36:32 AM

If God let me go into "that country" then I will not marry any woman from the continent of Asia. God has confirmed his agreement to my vows through the bible verses 3 times. I have never regretted my vow and the last time I fell in love with an Asian woman was 6 years ago. But after taking my vow God has given me a strange new heart and I don't feel attracted to Asian woman anymore.

You can't make deals with God.
The Cross.. the Cross.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 3:38:22 AM
At 7/14/2010 12:09:08 AM, tvellalott wrote:

Because he's an attention seeking troll. ;)
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 7:09:35 AM
At 7/19/2010 3:36:32 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

I contend that God does make deals with humanity, although it is not because he needs them but because we do.
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 7:39:12 AM
Why does God allow this to happen when He knows that I will die if I have relationship or married them ?:

Why don't you test the theory... Maybe for believing that, you should die.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 8:02:47 AM
At 7/19/2010 7:09:35 AM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:

I contend that God does make deals with humanity, although it is not because he needs them but because we do.
Heres my deal with God. The day God shows up on my doorstep and is capable of answering my questions, is the day i believe he exists.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 8:50:05 AM

If God let me go into "that country" then I will not marry any woman from the continent of Asia.

Which country?

God has confirmed his agreement to my vows through the bible verses 3 times.

God can promise what he wants but the immigration officers at the airport will decide if you are allowed to enter the country or not - God doesn't have a say in the matter.

Put it this way, if you rock up at passport control without a valid entry visa, you can tell the immigration officer all about your agreements with God and your Bible verses but I guarantee that you will be on the next plane back to where you came from!
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
whatledge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 10:22:38 AM
I remember back when I was a Christian, I made a vow to God to quit smoking marijuana. I utterly failed to keep this vow, but surprisingly enough, I'm still alive and well.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 10:36:10 AM

What scriptures could you have possibly read to think god would confirm an agreement to any such vow? if the scriptures indicate anything its "don't make vows" for you have no idea if you can truly keep them for you don't know what tomorrow will bring.

fear not of death though lastrequest, the blood of Christ has paid even transgressions you have yet to make, including breaking a vow that you were stupid enough to make.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 2:32:25 AM
At 7/19/2010 7:09:35 AM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:

God does, WE can't.. AS I stated above.
The Cross.. the Cross.