Total Posts:37|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Should creationism be taught in schools?

Pase66
Posts: 775
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 9:55:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Should creationism and/or intelligent design be taught in schools? I personally think not, but I hope we can start an interesting conversation here.
Check out these Current Debates
It Cannot be Shown that The Qur'an is Revelation from God
http://www.debate.org...
Burzmali
Posts: 1,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 9:58:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
It's fine to teach those alongside other creation myths in a social studies class. They absolutely do not belong in a science classroom as some sort of alternative to evolution.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 10:08:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/28/2015 9:55:34 PM, Pase66 wrote:
Should creationism and/or intelligent design be taught in schools? I personally think not, but I hope we can start an interesting conversation here.

They should be taught whatever the latest technology has provided instead of old thoughts that have been stirred around by paranoid religious people for thousands of years who believe their children will go to hell if they're taught something new.
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 10:09:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/28/2015 9:55:34 PM, Pase66 wrote:
Should creationism and/or intelligent design be taught in schools? I personally think not, but I hope we can start an interesting conversation here.

Creationism does not encompass all Intelligent design theories.

Your question should be directed in the politic or science forum not religion.

I think a good education outlines the concerns of the theories it presents. And should present theories that will benefit a person to live in society or progress in higher education.

evolution should be explained in school. If any Origin Of Life theories are presented those with equal explanatory value or evidence should be presented. This means abiogenesis should be taught with ID.

but i also do not think the time would be well spent on going over ideas of fancy like abiogenesis or panspermia.
dee-em
Posts: 6,469
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 5:30:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/28/2015 9:55:34 PM, Pase66 wrote:
Should creationism and/or intelligent design be taught in schools? I personally think not, but I hope we can start an interesting conversation here.

Yes, of course. Why limit such a great idea to the inside of churches. The only people who go to church are religious. The rest of the population is missing out. Let's get it into the science classroom where it belongs and toss out that evolution clap-trap that the kids can't understand and hurts their brains. Think of the great science projects they could do on creationism:

http://www.creationministries.org...

For show and tell you could invite God to come along and actually create something on the spot. Educational fun for all the boys and girls!
wsmunit7
Posts: 1,318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 6:19:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/28/2015 9:55:34 PM, Pase66 wrote:
Should creationism and/or intelligent design be taught in schools? I personally think not, but I hope we can start an interesting conversation here.

No.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 6:22:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Of course it should NEVER be taught in schools as a fact. It could be mentioned that some people believe in it, although there is no evidence to support such a daft belief!
celestialtorahteacher
Posts: 1,369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 6:39:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Of course it should be taught in schools, but not in its fundamentalist Christian form which is unscientific and cannot be defended rationally. The Gospel of Humanity shows how God/Creation/Life and Humanity go hand in hand in evolving time and space and it is a perfectly logical scenario that no atheist can counter without exposing atheism' Fatal Flaw, rushing to judgment on too little data and forgetting the forward march of knowledge expanding our understanding of the universe, i.e. at any given time there's always going to be more new things to learn. Atheism banks on information stopped at the atheist's time period more or less like Muhammadans bank on all information stopping at Muhammad's 7th Century time period. It is a Fatal Flaw that destroys the atheist position of "knowing" there is no God and no spiritual reality or spiritual phenomena although even that atheist delusion has been toppled in our times with the discovery of hard-wired "God genes" in us that allow our brains to receive and process spiritual phenomena atheists claim doesn't exist.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 7:03:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/28/2015 9:55:34 PM, Pase66 wrote:
Should creationism and/or intelligent design be taught in schools? I personally think not, but I hope we can start an interesting conversation here.

Everything should be taught in schools so that the students could decide for themselves.

Of course it won't be because Satan is in control and wants to keep truth out of mass education where possible.
dee-em
Posts: 6,469
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 7:11:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/1/2015 7:03:47 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/28/2015 9:55:34 PM, Pase66 wrote:
Should creationism and/or intelligent design be taught in schools? I personally think not, but I hope we can start an interesting conversation here.

Everything should be taught in schools so that the students could decide for themselves.

Of course it won't be because Satan is in control and wants to keep truth out of mass education where possible.

Satan is in control and your poor impotent god can't do anything about it. Gee, that must be frustrating. Lol.
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 7:38:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
It is already taught in Sunday Schools...

We don't teach the other aspects of religion in schools (such as Jesus's crucifixion, or Muhammad's revelations) unless it's in a religious education context. So clearly if creationism belongs anywhere in schools, then it belongs in a religious education class. Which is pretty much how I was taught it and introduced to intelligent design at my Christian schools, exclusively in a religious education class.

Creationism isn't a particularly major aspect of religion though, so it probably shouldn't be taught as a particularly major aspect of religious studies.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 7:52:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/1/2015 7:38:01 AM, Envisage wrote:
It is already taught in Sunday Schools...

We don't teach the other aspects of religion in schools (such as Jesus's crucifixion, or Muhammad's revelations) unless it's in a religious education context. So clearly if creationism belongs anywhere in schools, then it belongs in a religious education class. Which is pretty much how I was taught it and introduced to intelligent design at my Christian schools, exclusively in a religious education class.

Creationism isn't a particularly major aspect of religion though, so it probably shouldn't be taught as a particularly major aspect of religious studies.

Few go to Sunday schools.

But I agree it should be taught in a religious context, but it would be good to compare it in a scientific context, since Genesis 1 is so accurate, scientifically that some scientists accept it as 100% true n what detail it supplies.

It is not only a major aspect of religion, acceptance of it is vital for true worship of the God that Christ and the Apostles worshipped.

No-one who doubt what is truly God's word will be accepted by God and Christ at the judgement.

The bible is either God's word or it isn't.

If it isn't then it has no value whatever.

If it is, it is vital to believe it all.

Hence it is truly vital.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 7:54:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/1/2015 7:11:57 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 3/1/2015 7:03:47 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/28/2015 9:55:34 PM, Pase66 wrote:
Should creationism and/or intelligent design be taught in schools? I personally think not, but I hope we can start an interesting conversation here.

Everything should be taught in schools so that the students could decide for themselves.

Of course it won't be because Satan is in control and wants to keep truth out of mass education where possible.

Satan is in control and your poor impotent god can't do anything about it. Gee, that must be frustrating. Lol.

Oh he can and will do something about it, when the time set for such action arrives. Knowing he has lost is frustrating for Satan since he knows he has little time left now.
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 7:56:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/1/2015 7:52:07 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/1/2015 7:38:01 AM, Envisage wrote:
It is already taught in Sunday Schools...

We don't teach the other aspects of religion in schools (such as Jesus's crucifixion, or Muhammad's revelations) unless it's in a religious education context. So clearly if creationism belongs anywhere in schools, then it belongs in a religious education class. Which is pretty much how I was taught it and introduced to intelligent design at my Christian schools, exclusively in a religious education class.

Creationism isn't a particularly major aspect of religion though, so it probably shouldn't be taught as a particularly major aspect of religious studies.

Few go to Sunday schools.

But I agree it should be taught in a religious context, but it would be good to compare it in a scientific context, since Genesis 1 is so accurate, scientifically that some scientists accept it as 100% true n what detail it supplies.

If Genesis was so accurate it would be Science. It is not Science. Contrasting the two is asinine. We have already talked about this though, and I am still waiting for you to respond to the fact that Genesis teaches a much younger Earth than is genuinely the case.

You have to resort to a philosophy as absurd as last Thursdayism in order for it to be otherwise.

It is not only a major aspect of religion, acceptance of it is vital for true worship of the God that Christ and the Apostles worshipped.

No-one who doubt what is truly God's word will be accepted by God and Christ at the judgement.

The bible is either God's word or it isn't.

If it isn't then it has no value whatever.

If it is, it is vital to believe it all.

Hence it is truly vital.

Hardly anything of what you say is of value, since nothing of what you say is of God's word. So according to your logic, you are not worth listening to.

I have no interest in discussing anything with you outside of a debate, by all means send me a challenge, but I have no interest in refuting the same stuff you say over and over again in the forums.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 7:56:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/1/2015 7:03:47 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/28/2015 9:55:34 PM, Pase66 wrote:
Should creationism and/or intelligent design be taught in schools? I personally think not, but I hope we can start an interesting conversation here.

Everything should be taught in schools so that the students could decide for themselves.

Of course it won't be because Satan is in control and wants to keep truth out of mass education where possible.

You lie when you try to proclaim your nonsense is the 'truth'!
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,072
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 8:14:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
If not in its primarily Christian form, it really is no more of a violation of the 1st Amendment than Evolution.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
dee-em
Posts: 6,469
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 8:17:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/1/2015 7:54:05 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/1/2015 7:11:57 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 3/1/2015 7:03:47 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/28/2015 9:55:34 PM, Pase66 wrote:
Should creationism and/or intelligent design be taught in schools? I personally think not, but I hope we can start an interesting conversation here.

Everything should be taught in schools so that the students could decide for themselves.

Of course it won't be because Satan is in control and wants to keep truth out of mass education where possible.

Satan is in control and your poor impotent god can't do anything about it. Gee, that must be frustrating. Lol.

Oh he can and will do something about it, when the time set for such action arrives.

Tell us MCB, who set that time and why?

Is God experiencing time and bound by it?

What's wrong with right now? If an omnipotent God is not terminating Satan immediately, then Satan must be performing some essential function which God wants him to continue. Wouldn't you agree?

Perhaps that function is to keep religion out of science classrooms. Could that be it?

Knowing he has lost is frustrating for Satan since he knows he has little time left now.

You speak gibberish. If you go up against an omnipotent being, what other outcome can there be other than to lose? The inevitable cannot be frustrating unless you are an idiot. Do you think Satan is an idiot?

The real question should be, why does God tolerate Satan and the alleged mischief he gets up to? Well?
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 8:53:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/1/2015 7:56:48 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 3/1/2015 7:03:47 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/28/2015 9:55:34 PM, Pase66 wrote:
Should creationism and/or intelligent design be taught in schools? I personally think not, but I hope we can start an interesting conversation here.

Everything should be taught in schools so that the students could decide for themselves.

Of course it won't be because Satan is in control and wants to keep truth out of mass education where possible.


You lie when you try to proclaim your nonsense is the 'truth'!

No I do not, because it is the truth.
slo1
Posts: 4,333
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 9:10:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/28/2015 9:55:34 PM, Pase66 wrote:
Should creationism and/or intelligent design be taught in schools? I personally think not, but I hope we can start an interesting conversation here.

In a way everyone just needs to get their undies out of a bundle. How much of highschool biology is spent on dicussion of how life began? Not much. Probably a day tops if at all.

There is much more time spent on basic anatomy and ecology and a bit on how dna and organisms change over time.

Attempts at putting creationism in school is a weakly vailed attempt to further indoctrinate kids. All it does is take time away from learning more practicle stuffs.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 9:12:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/1/2015 8:17:35 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 3/1/2015 7:54:05 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/1/2015 7:11:57 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 3/1/2015 7:03:47 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/28/2015 9:55:34 PM, Pase66 wrote:
Should creationism and/or intelligent design be taught in schools? I personally think not, but I hope we can start an interesting conversation here.

Everything should be taught in schools so that the students could decide for themselves.

Of course it won't be because Satan is in control and wants to keep truth out of mass education where possible.

Satan is in control and your poor impotent god can't do anything about it. Gee, that must be frustrating. Lol.

Oh he can and will do something about it, when the time set for such action arrives.

Tell us MCB, who set that time and why?


God set it because he felt that was a fair time period for Satan to get a fair chance to try and prove his challenge in al circumstance and all conditions.

Is God experiencing time and bound by it?


He binds himself to it by his word.

He may not personally experience it, but he does see the effects of it in the movement of the sun, moon and stars which he created. Therefore he is aware of time.

What's wrong with right now? If an omnipotent God is not terminating Satan immediately, then Satan must be performing some essential function which God wants him to continue. Wouldn't you agree?

Satan is performing a function which Satan himself made vital. The testing of humanity to see if they would serve God or curse him. However it is only necessary because Satan raised the challenge in the first place.


Perhaps that function is to keep religion out of science classrooms. Could that be it?

No. Science and religion are not incompatible, as even secular sources have noted.

Science is however much more of a luxury than a necessity. God has already told us all we need to know in the bible.


Knowing he has lost is frustrating for Satan since he knows he has little time left now.

You speak gibberish. If you go up against an omnipotent being, what other outcome can there be other than to lose? The inevitable cannot be frustrating unless you are an idiot. Do you think Satan is an idiot?

Apparently so, but then all those who let arrogance make them think they are more than they really are, are idiots likewise.

After all, when he laid down his challenge he left himself no room for maneuver at all. He denied that any man would serve God willingly and without protection.

That means that only one in each generation had to do so to prove him wrong.


The real question should be, why does God tolerate Satan and the alleged mischief he gets up to? Well?

The above explains that, but the simple answer is Justice has not only to be done, but be seen to be done.

Having disrupted God's creation and then said that no man would ever serve God willingly, Satan had the right under Justice to prove his case or have it disproved.

It had to be disproved sufficiently for none to be able to say "ah but what if?" All possibilities had to be covered.

The Bible is the "Evidence for the Prosecution".

Satan now kows for sure he is lost and we are n teh tiem of sortng things out again.

First te heavens have to eb reorganised, and then the earth will have to be.

Why does God seem to be delaying.

Out of love for his whole creation he wants to know as far as possible that all have been gathered in who deserve to be.

When that is done to his satisfaction, then he will let loose his son and the Angels who are simply waiting to act..

After all, this "delay" has given you more chance to learn than you would have had, if he acted earlier.

In fact if he acted too early you would have had no chance even of being born l;et alone receiving the rewards for faithfulness that God offers.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 9:31:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/1/2015 9:12:21 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/1/2015 8:17:35 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 3/1/2015 7:54:05 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/1/2015 7:11:57 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 3/1/2015 7:03:47 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/28/2015 9:55:34 PM, Pase66 wrote:
Should creationism and/or intelligent design be taught in schools? I personally think not, but I hope we can start an interesting conversation here.

Everything should be taught in schools so that the students could decide for themselves.

Of course it won't be because Satan is in control and wants to keep truth out of mass education where possible.

Satan is in control and your poor impotent god can't do anything about it. Gee, that must be frustrating. Lol.

Oh he can and will do something about it, when the time set for such action arrives.

Tell us MCB, who set that time and why?


God set it because he felt that was a fair time period for Satan to get a fair chance to try and prove his challenge in al circumstance and all conditions.

Is God experiencing time and bound by it?


He binds himself to it by his word.

He may not personally experience it, but he does see the effects of it in the movement of the sun, moon and stars which he created. Therefore he is aware of time.

What's wrong with right now? If an omnipotent God is not terminating Satan immediately, then Satan must be performing some essential function which God wants him to continue. Wouldn't you agree?

Satan is performing a function which Satan himself made vital. The testing of humanity to see if they would serve God or curse him. However it is only necessary because Satan raised the challenge in the first place.


Perhaps that function is to keep religion out of science classrooms. Could that be it?

No. Science and religion are not incompatible, as even secular sources have noted.

Science is however much more of a luxury than a necessity. God has already told us all we need to know in the bible.


Knowing he has lost is frustrating for Satan since he knows he has little time left now.

You speak gibberish. If you go up against an omnipotent being, what other outcome can there be other than to lose? The inevitable cannot be frustrating unless you are an idiot. Do you think Satan is an idiot?

Apparently so, but then all those who let arrogance make them think they are more than they really are, are idiots likewise.

After all, when he laid down his challenge he left himself no room for maneuver at all. He denied that any man would serve God willingly and without protection.

That means that only one in each generation had to do so to prove him wrong.


The real question should be, why does God tolerate Satan and the alleged mischief he gets up to? Well?


The above explains that, but the simple answer is Justice has not only to be done, but be seen to be done.

Having disrupted God's creation and then said that no man would ever serve God willingly, Satan had the right under Justice to prove his case or have it disproved.

It had to be disproved sufficiently for none to be able to say "ah but what if?" All possibilities had to be covered.

The Bible is the "Evidence for the Prosecution".

Satan now kows for sure he is lost and we are n teh tiem of sortng things out again.

First te heavens have to eb reorganised, and then the earth will have to be.

Why does God seem to be delaying.

Out of love for his whole creation he wants to know as far as possible that all have been gathered in who deserve to be.

When that is done to his satisfaction, then he will let loose his son and the Angels who are simply waiting to act..

After all, this "delay" has given you more chance to learn than you would have had, if he acted earlier.

In fact if he acted too early you would have had no chance even of being born l;et alone receiving the rewards for faithfulness that God offers.

God already destroyed the world before when most of the world couldn't even communicate with each other to spread his commandments. God repented and said never again will he destroy man. You need to find out avenues to vent your hate and frustration than sprouting apocalyptic delusions.

"And the Lord smelled the soothing aroma; and the Lord said to Himself, I will never again curse the ground on account of man, for the intent of man"s heart is evil from his youth; and I will never again destroy every living thing as I have done. While the earth remains, seed time and harvest and cold and heat and summer and winter and day and night shall not cease." (Gen. 8:21,22)
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 9:37:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/28/2015 9:55:34 PM, Pase66 wrote:
Should creationism and/or intelligent design be taught in schools? I personally think not, but I hope we can start an interesting conversation here.

Not as science.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 10:24:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
No, if by that you mean YEC. But I think it shouldn't be taught because it's not true.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,613
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 11:29:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/28/2015 9:55:34 PM, Pase66 wrote:
Should creationism and/or intelligent design be taught in schools? I personally think not, but I hope we can start an interesting conversation here.

Why bother? There are religious institutions on almost every street corner where they already teach those things. No need to bring it into schools.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,613
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 11:33:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/1/2015 7:52:07 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

But I agree it should be taught in a religious context, but it would be good to compare it in a scientific context, since Genesis 1 is so accurate, scientifically that some scientists accept it as 100% true n what detail it supplies.

Yes, a very tiny minority of scientists, while the vast majority would laugh at such a ridiculous notion.


The bible is either God's word or it isn't.

We already know the bible is the word of men, they wrote it. That is a fact.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 12:47:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/1/2015 11:33:21 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/1/2015 7:52:07 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

But I agree it should be taught in a religious context, but it would be good to compare it in a scientific context, since Genesis 1 is so accurate, scientifically that some scientists accept it as 100% true n what detail it supplies.

Yes, a very tiny minority of scientists, while the vast majority would laugh at such a ridiculous notion.


The bible is either God's word or it isn't.

We already know the bible is the word of men, they wrote it. That is a fact.

Yes, but they wrote as directed by God's spirit, so it is truly the word of God.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,613
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 12:53:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/1/2015 12:47:40 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/1/2015 11:33:21 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/1/2015 7:52:07 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

But I agree it should be taught in a religious context, but it would be good to compare it in a scientific context, since Genesis 1 is so accurate, scientifically that some scientists accept it as 100% true n what detail it supplies.

Yes, a very tiny minority of scientists, while the vast majority would laugh at such a ridiculous notion.


The bible is either God's word or it isn't.

We already know the bible is the word of men, they wrote it. That is a fact.

Yes, but they wrote as directed by God's spirit, so it is truly the word of God.

Sorry, but there is no proof of that whatsoever, they could have been just as mentally disturbed as other evangelists today.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Pase66
Posts: 775
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 1:57:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/1/2015 12:47:40 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/1/2015 11:33:21 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/1/2015 7:52:07 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

But I agree it should be taught in a religious context, but it would be good to compare it in a scientific context, since Genesis 1 is so accurate, scientifically that some scientists accept it as 100% true n what detail it supplies.

Yes, a very tiny minority of scientists, while the vast majority would laugh at such a ridiculous notion.


The bible is either God's word or it isn't.

We already know the bible is the word of men, they wrote it. That is a fact.

Yes, but they wrote as directed by God's spirit, so it is truly the word of God.

Or they didn't write it while being directed by God's spirit. Besides, creationism is a christian standpoint, and it's a good thing to separate religion and science, especially in a science classroom.
Check out these Current Debates
It Cannot be Shown that The Qur'an is Revelation from God
http://www.debate.org...
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 3:52:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/1/2015 12:53:13 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/1/2015 12:47:40 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/1/2015 11:33:21 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/1/2015 7:52:07 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

But I agree it should be taught in a religious context, but it would be good to compare it in a scientific context, since Genesis 1 is so accurate, scientifically that some scientists accept it as 100% true n what detail it supplies.

Yes, a very tiny minority of scientists, while the vast majority would laugh at such a ridiculous notion.


The bible is either God's word or it isn't.

We already know the bible is the word of men, they wrote it. That is a fact.

Yes, but they wrote as directed by God's spirit, so it is truly the word of God.

Sorry, but there is no proof of that whatsoever, they could have been just as mentally disturbed as other evangelists today.

Oh there is proof and I have shown you it, you just refuse to accept it for what it is.

Your loss.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,613
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 4:29:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/1/2015 3:52:00 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/1/2015 12:53:13 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/1/2015 12:47:40 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/1/2015 11:33:21 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/1/2015 7:52:07 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

But I agree it should be taught in a religious context, but it would be good to compare it in a scientific context, since Genesis 1 is so accurate, scientifically that some scientists accept it as 100% true n what detail it supplies.

Yes, a very tiny minority of scientists, while the vast majority would laugh at such a ridiculous notion.


The bible is either God's word or it isn't.

We already know the bible is the word of men, they wrote it. That is a fact.

Yes, but they wrote as directed by God's spirit, so it is truly the word of God.

Sorry, but there is no proof of that whatsoever, they could have been just as mentally disturbed as other evangelists today.

Oh there is proof and I have shown you it, you just refuse to accept it for what it is.

Your loss.

I find it absolutely mind-boggling why you continuously lie. You have not shown any proof.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth