Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

POPOO5560
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 4:33:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Everyone who want to join Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster sounds awesome to me to get free cooked strands of spaghetti!!

http://www.odditycentral.com...

there is also a group of some church doing what they are doing absolutely naked all day long looooooollllll imagine siting with naked people in the church and listening to a priest for hours :D:D freaking world xDD
Never fart near dog
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 4:45:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I believe that traditional theists are alarmed by the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, not because its doctrine is well-founded (though it's no worse founded than doctrines of other religions), but because it may undermine a religious assertion that they have never been able to prove:

That humanity may not be a beloved reflection of the Creator of the universe at all, and that the Creator may in fact have no concern or regard for anything humans might identify as justness, compassion or morality.
Ragnar
Posts: 1,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 7:11:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The Gospel is a worthwhile book for any religious person to read. The wisdom in it can be applied to most religions, such as why under people get cancer, which is quite simply that the creator isn't that intelligent.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
ethang5
Posts: 4,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 11:25:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/1/2015 4:33:26 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Everyone who want to join Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster sounds awesome to me to get free cooked strands of spaghetti!!

http://www.odditycentral.com...

there is also a group of some church doing what they are doing absolutely naked all day long looooooollllll imagine siting with naked people in the church and listening to a priest for hours :D:D freaking world xDD

Had they thought more deeply, the creators of the FSM would have known that their attempt at poking holes in Christianity did the opposite. The FSM actually proves one of the claims of Christianity, namely that only it has the truth.
debate_power
Posts: 726
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 3:38:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/3/2015 11:25:50 AM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/1/2015 4:33:26 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Everyone who want to join Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster sounds awesome to me to get free cooked strands of spaghetti!!

http://www.odditycentral.com...

there is also a group of some church doing what they are doing absolutely naked all day long looooooollllll imagine siting with naked people in the church and listening to a priest for hours :D:D freaking world xDD

Had they thought more deeply, the creators of the FSM would have known that their attempt at poking holes in Christianity did the opposite. The FSM actually proves one of the claims of Christianity, namely that only it has the truth.

Really? Do the other religions with the same unfulfilled burdens of proof also prove Christianity, or is it just the joke religion of FSM that does?

Evidence?
You can call me Mark if you like.
ethang5
Posts: 4,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 11:17:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/3/2015 3:38:02 PM, debate_power wrote:
At 3/3/2015 11:25:50 AM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/1/2015 4:33:26 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Everyone who want to join Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster sounds awesome to me to get free cooked strands of spaghetti!!

http://www.odditycentral.com...

there is also a group of some church doing what they are doing absolutely naked all day long looooooollllll imagine siting with naked people in the church and listening to a priest for hours :D:D freaking world xDD

Had they thought more deeply, the creators of the FSM would have known that their attempt at poking holes in Christianity did the opposite. The FSM actually proves one of the claims of Christianity, namely that only it has the truth.

Really?

Yes, really.

Do the other religions with the same unfulfilled burdens of proof.....

Other religions with the same unfulfilled burdens of proof as what?

... also prove Christianity, or is it just the joke religion of FSM that does?

Some others do also but unlike FSM, they did not start out with that intention. It's funny that a weapon created to kill Christy ends up nourishing her.

Evidence?

https://www.youtube.com...
http://www.compellingtruth.org...
http://www.gotquestions.org...
http://www.quora.com...
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,609
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 10:57:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/3/2015 11:25:50 AM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/1/2015 4:33:26 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Everyone who want to join Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster sounds awesome to me to get free cooked strands of spaghetti!!

http://www.odditycentral.com...

there is also a group of some church doing what they are doing absolutely naked all day long looooooollllll imagine siting with naked people in the church and listening to a priest for hours :D:D freaking world xDD

Had they thought more deeply, the creators of the FSM would have known that their attempt at poking holes in Christianity did the opposite. The FSM actually proves one of the claims of Christianity, namely that only it has the truth.

LOL. So, when something gets satirized or ridiculed, that means it's been proven true. LOL.

Yeah, we gotta hear that explanation.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
UndeniableReality
Posts: 1,897
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 11:31:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/8/2015 10:57:38 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/3/2015 11:25:50 AM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/1/2015 4:33:26 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Everyone who want to join Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster sounds awesome to me to get free cooked strands of spaghetti!!

http://www.odditycentral.com...

there is also a group of some church doing what they are doing absolutely naked all day long looooooollllll imagine siting with naked people in the church and listening to a priest for hours :D:D freaking world xDD

Had they thought more deeply, the creators of the FSM would have known that their attempt at poking holes in Christianity did the opposite. The FSM actually proves one of the claims of Christianity, namely that only it has the truth.

LOL. So, when something gets satirized or ridiculed, that means it's been proven true. LOL.

Yeah, we gotta hear that explanation.

Dude think about it. FSM, therefore Jesus.

"For Jesus so loved spaghetti that he knew there must be a god."
First Order of Paul at Giuseppi's Pasta , 16:32.

Besides, someone's noodly appendage and meatball sauce had to make it's way over to Mary.
vampiress
Posts: 26
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 11:40:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/8/2015 11:31:55 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 3/8/2015 10:57:38 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/3/2015 11:25:50 AM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/1/2015 4:33:26 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Everyone who want to join Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster sounds awesome to me to get free cooked strands of spaghetti!!

http://www.odditycentral.com...

there is also a group of some church doing what they are doing absolutely naked all day long looooooollllll imagine siting with naked people in the church and listening to a priest for hours :D:D freaking world xDD

Had they thought more deeply, the creators of the FSM would have known that their attempt at poking holes in Christianity did the opposite. The FSM actually proves one of the claims of Christianity, namely that only it has the truth.

LOL. So, when something gets satirized or ridiculed, that means it's been proven true. LOL.

Yeah, we gotta hear that explanation.

Dude think about it. FSM, therefore Jesus.

"For Jesus so loved spaghetti that he knew there must be a god."
First Order of Paul at Giuseppi's Pasta , 16:32.

Besides, someone's noodly appendage and meatball sauce had to make it's way over to Mary.
I don't think that's exactly what he proposed when he stated "we gotta hear that explanation". Perhaps try a more.. Appropriate approach.
ethang5
Posts: 4,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2015 8:53:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/8/2015 10:57:38 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/3/2015 11:25:50 AM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/1/2015 4:33:26 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Everyone who want to join Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster sounds awesome to me to get free cooked strands of spaghetti!!

http://www.odditycentral.com...

there is also a group of some church doing what they are doing absolutely naked all day long looooooollllll imagine siting with naked people in the church and listening to a priest for hours :D:D freaking world xDD

Had they thought more deeply, the creators of the FSM would have known that their attempt at poking holes in Christianity did the opposite. The FSM actually proves one of the claims of Christianity, namely that only it has the truth.

LOL. So, when something gets satirized or ridiculed, that means it's been proven true. LOL.

Just once, I would like people who think this way (I call it absurd only thinking) to show how they got to their conclusion. You know? Really show it. But of course they can't, because they are making an illogical leap.

I say, IF the creators of the FSM had thought more deeply, they would have known that their attempt at poking holes in Christianity did the opposite.

DJR comes up with, So, when something (anything) gets satirized or ridiculed, that (always) means it's been proven true.

Always absurd (ao thinking) thinking always goes to the extreme. If you say, for example,

"Trying to show women are less intelligent than men, the firemen of station 124 actually demonstrated that women are just as capable as men."

The ao thinker will reply,

LOL. So, when (any) women get tested or evaluated, that means they have (always) been proven to be as smart as men. LOL.

The hallmark of the ao mindset are the extremes implicit in their thinking, all, anything, always, any, everything etc.

Yeah, we gotta hear that explanation.

And then they will demand that you explain their absurd thinking. How do they get from a common statement of fact, to the absurd idea that anything satirized proves the thing the thing is true?

Now of course, some people aren't simply poor thinkers, they are dishonest and know full well the illogical leap they are making. Of the 2, the latter is worse.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,609
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2015 8:51:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/9/2015 8:53:27 AM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/8/2015 10:57:38 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/3/2015 11:25:50 AM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/1/2015 4:33:26 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Everyone who want to join Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster sounds awesome to me to get free cooked strands of spaghetti!!

http://www.odditycentral.com...

there is also a group of some church doing what they are doing absolutely naked all day long looooooollllll imagine siting with naked people in the church and listening to a priest for hours :D:D freaking world xDD

Had they thought more deeply, the creators of the FSM would have known that their attempt at poking holes in Christianity did the opposite. The FSM actually proves one of the claims of Christianity, namely that only it has the truth.

LOL. So, when something gets satirized or ridiculed, that means it's been proven true. LOL.

Just once, I would like people who think this way (I call it absurd only thinking) to show how they got to their conclusion. You know? Really show it. But of course they can't, because they are making an illogical leap.

I say, IF the creators of the FSM had thought more deeply, they would have known that their attempt at poking holes in Christianity did the opposite.

DJR comes up with, So, when something (anything) gets satirized or ridiculed, that (always) means it's been proven true.

You'll notice that is not what you said or I said, which can be seen above. Could you be more openly dishonest?

Always absurd (ao thinking) thinking always goes to the extreme.

No, i did not go to any extremes, I responded exactly in kind to your post. You can see for yourself.

If you say, for example,

"Trying to show women are less intelligent than men, the firemen of station 124 actually demonstrated that women are just as capable as men."

The ao thinker will reply,

LOL. So, when (any) women get tested or evaluated, that means they have (always) been proven to be as smart as men. LOL.

The hallmark of the ao mindset are the extremes implicit in their thinking, all, anything, always, any, everything etc.

You just did a terrible job of lying.


Yeah, we gotta hear that explanation.

And then they will demand that you explain their absurd thinking. How do they get from a common statement of fact, to the absurd idea that anything satirized proves the thing the thing is true?

Now of course, some people aren't simply poor thinkers, they are dishonest and know full well the illogical leap they are making. Of the 2, the latter is worse.

So, instead of offering an explanation, you built a strawman and knocked it down. Good for you! YaY!
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
ethang5
Posts: 4,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 2:53:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/9/2015 8:51:10 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/9/2015 8:53:27 AM, ethang5 wrote:

Everyone who want to join Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster sounds awesome to me to get free cooked strands of spaghetti!!

http://www.odditycentral.com...

there is also a group of some church doing what they are doing absolutely naked all day long looooooollllll imagine siting with naked people in the church and listening to a priest for hours :D:D freaking world xDD

Had they thought more deeply, the creators of the FSM would have known that their attempt at poking holes in Christianity did the opposite. The FSM actually proves one of the claims of Christianity, namely that only it has the truth.

LOL. So, when something gets satirized or ridiculed, that means it's been proven true. LOL.

Just once, I would like people who think this way (I call it absurd only thinking) to show how they got to their conclusion. You know? Really show it. But of course they can't, because they are making an illogical leap.

I say, IF the creators of the FSM had thought more deeply, they would have known that their attempt at poking holes in Christianity did the opposite.

DJR comes up with, So, when something (anything) gets satirized or ridiculed, that (always) means it's been proven true.

You'll notice that is not what you said or I said, which can be seen above. Could you be more openly dishonest?

Can you show how it's wrong to what you meant? When you say, " So, when something gets satirized or ridiculed..." are you talking about a specific thing or anything?

And when you say, "that means it's been proven true." Did you mean it's been proven true in a specific instance or always?

See DJR, as I've told you, word mean things.

Always absurd (ao thinking) thinking always goes to the extreme.

No, i did not go to any extremes, I responded exactly in kind to your post. You can see for yourself.

lol, ok.

If you say, for example,

"Trying to show women are less intelligent than men, the firemen of station 124 actually demonstrated that women are just as capable as men."

The ao thinker will reply,

LOL. So, when (any) women get tested or evaluated, that means they have (always) been proven to be as smart as men. LOL.

The hallmark of the ao mindset are the extremes implicit in their thinking, all, anything, always, any, everything etc.

You just did a terrible job of lying.

Thanks. I have never been a good liar.

Yeah, we gotta hear that explanation.

And then they will demand that you explain their absurd thinking. How do they get from a common statement of fact, to the absurd idea that anything satirized proves the thing the thing is true?

Now of course, some people aren't simply poor thinkers, they are dishonest and know full well the illogical leap they are making. Of the 2, the latter is worse.

So, instead of offering an explanation, you built a strawman and knocked it down. Good for you! YaY!

So show how it wasn't always and anything in what you said. Bet you can't do it.

Atheist throw around the word "strawman" so often. One day I'm going to ask one of the more serious ones to explain what it is. Current company won't know. So......