Total Posts:121|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Do you really want to go to heaven?

Proving_a_Negative
Posts: 88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 8:41:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
We like entertainment. Entertainment requires some kind of competition or conflict. Could you imagine watching movies in heaven that contain absolutely no story except that everybody lives happily? How boring would that be? What about sports? 2 absolutely perfect teams will always end in a draw. How about music? We don't all like just happy music. We like music that expresses our emotions. Is it really worth going to heaven at all?
Rubikx
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 10:01:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/2/2015 8:41:44 PM, Proving_a_Negative wrote:
We like entertainment. Entertainment requires some kind of competition or conflict. Could you imagine watching movies in heaven that contain absolutely no story except that everybody lives happily? How boring would that be? What about sports? 2 absolutely perfect teams will always end in a draw. How about music? We don't all like just happy music. We like music that expresses our emotions. Is it really worth going to heaven at all?

I supposing that if you believe that heaven is real then that would mean hell is real. So.... idk maybe its just me but burning alive forever kinda seems worse then lame tv?
Gentorev
Posts: 2,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 10:01:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/2/2015 8:41:44 PM, Proving_a_Negative wrote:
We like entertainment. Entertainment requires some kind of competition or conflict. Could you imagine watching movies in heaven that contain absolutely no story except that everybody lives happily? How boring would that be? What about sports? 2 absolutely perfect teams will always end in a draw. How about music? We don't all like just happy music. We like music that expresses our emotions. Is it really worth going to heaven at all?

Do I really want to go to heaven?

I remember when I was a young fellow and was in church with my mother, when the priest asked all those who wanted to go to heaven, to stand up.

I was the only one in the whole congregation to remained seated. And the priest said to me, "Don't you want to go to heaven?" To which I replied: "Yep! But I thought you meant, RIGHT NOW.
bulproof
Posts: 25,237
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 10:27:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/2/2015 10:01:30 PM, Gentorev wrote:
At 3/2/2015 8:41:44 PM, Proving_a_Negative wrote:
We like entertainment. Entertainment requires some kind of competition or conflict. Could you imagine watching movies in heaven that contain absolutely no story except that everybody lives happily? How boring would that be? What about sports? 2 absolutely perfect teams will always end in a draw. How about music? We don't all like just happy music. We like music that expresses our emotions. Is it really worth going to heaven at all?

Do I really want to go to heaven?

I remember when I was a young fellow and was in church with my mother, when the priest asked all those who wanted to go to heaven, to stand up.

I was the only one in the whole congregation to remained seated. And the priest said to me, "Don't you want to go to heaven?" To which I replied: "Yep! But I thought you meant, RIGHT NOW.

Why didn't you want to go right then?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 11:06:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/2/2015 8:41:44 PM, Proving_a_Negative wrote:
We like entertainment. Entertainment requires some kind of competition or conflict. Could you imagine watching movies in heaven that contain absolutely no story except that everybody lives happily? How boring would that be? What about sports? 2 absolutely perfect teams will always end in a draw. How about music? We don't all like just happy music. We like music that expresses our emotions. Is it really worth going to heaven at all?

If you listen to me, I will tell you about living in the next age that will blow your mind. We won't understand what boredom means after waking up in our many new bodies in Paradise.
UndeniableReality
Posts: 1,897
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 11:39:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/2/2015 10:01:28 PM, Rubikx wrote:
At 3/2/2015 8:41:44 PM, Proving_a_Negative wrote:
We like entertainment. Entertainment requires some kind of competition or conflict. Could you imagine watching movies in heaven that contain absolutely no story except that everybody lives happily? How boring would that be? What about sports? 2 absolutely perfect teams will always end in a draw. How about music? We don't all like just happy music. We like music that expresses our emotions. Is it really worth going to heaven at all?

I supposing that if you believe that heaven is real then that would mean hell is real. So.... idk maybe its just me but burning alive forever kinda seems worse then lame tv?

Given how brains adapt, I wonder if as time spent in heaven or hell approaches infinity, the subject experience of either becomes equally as dull.
UndeniableReality
Posts: 1,897
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 11:40:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/2/2015 10:27:53 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 3/2/2015 10:01:30 PM, Gentorev wrote:
At 3/2/2015 8:41:44 PM, Proving_a_Negative wrote:
We like entertainment. Entertainment requires some kind of competition or conflict. Could you imagine watching movies in heaven that contain absolutely no story except that everybody lives happily? How boring would that be? What about sports? 2 absolutely perfect teams will always end in a draw. How about music? We don't all like just happy music. We like music that expresses our emotions. Is it really worth going to heaven at all?

Do I really want to go to heaven?

I remember when I was a young fellow and was in church with my mother, when the priest asked all those who wanted to go to heaven, to stand up.

I was the only one in the whole congregation to remained seated. And the priest said to me, "Don't you want to go to heaven?" To which I replied: "Yep! But I thought you meant, RIGHT NOW.

Why didn't you want to go right then?

He wasn't in the mood for kool-aid?
Proving_a_Negative
Posts: 88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 1:21:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/2/2015 10:01:28 PM, Rubikx wrote:
At 3/2/2015 8:41:44 PM, Proving_a_Negative wrote:
We like entertainment. Entertainment requires some kind of competition or conflict. Could you imagine watching movies in heaven that contain absolutely no story except that everybody lives happily? How boring would that be? What about sports? 2 absolutely perfect teams will always end in a draw. How about music? We don't all like just happy music. We like music that expresses our emotions. Is it really worth going to heaven at all?

I supposing that if you believe that heaven is real then that would mean hell is real. So.... idk maybe its just me but burning alive forever kinda seems worse then lame tv?

Good point. So is heaven any better than earth?
Proving_a_Negative
Posts: 88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 1:25:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/2/2015 11:39:11 PM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 3/2/2015 10:01:28 PM, Rubikx wrote:
At 3/2/2015 8:41:44 PM, Proving_a_Negative wrote:
We like entertainment. Entertainment requires some kind of competition or conflict. Could you imagine watching movies in heaven that contain absolutely no story except that everybody lives happily? How boring would that be? What about sports? 2 absolutely perfect teams will always end in a draw. How about music? We don't all like just happy music. We like music that expresses our emotions. Is it really worth going to heaven at all?

I supposing that if you believe that heaven is real then that would mean hell is real. So.... idk maybe its just me but burning alive forever kinda seems worse then lame tv?

Given how brains adapt, I wonder if as time spent in heaven or hell approaches infinity, the subject experience of either becomes equally as dull.

That's another good point. Why does it need to be eternity? I'm sure that after a few billion years hell won't be that bad anymore and heaven will be incredibly boring.
Proving_a_Negative
Posts: 88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 2:29:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/2/2015 11:06:20 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 3/2/2015 8:41:44 PM, Proving_a_Negative wrote:
We like entertainment. Entertainment requires some kind of competition or conflict. Could you imagine watching movies in heaven that contain absolutely no story except that everybody lives happily? How boring would that be? What about sports? 2 absolutely perfect teams will always end in a draw. How about music? We don't all like just happy music. We like music that expresses our emotions. Is it really worth going to heaven at all?

If you listen to me, I will tell you about living in the next age that will blow your mind. We won't understand what boredom means after waking up in our many new bodies in Paradise.

Please explain what your version of heaven is like.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 2:57:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/3/2015 2:29:52 AM, Proving_a_Negative wrote:
At 3/2/2015 11:06:20 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 3/2/2015 8:41:44 PM, Proving_a_Negative wrote:
We like entertainment. Entertainment requires some kind of competition or conflict. Could you imagine watching movies in heaven that contain absolutely no story except that everybody lives happily? How boring would that be? What about sports? 2 absolutely perfect teams will always end in a draw. How about music? We don't all like just happy music. We like music that expresses our emotions. Is it really worth going to heaven at all?

If you listen to me, I will tell you about living in the next age that will blow your mind. We won't understand what boredom means after waking up in our many new bodies in Paradise.

Please explain what your version of heaven is like.

We were all born in the thoughts of God, which is heaven. We are nothing but characters in His dream but the illusions He forms for us to observe is our reality, even though we're not real at all.

After this world is destroyed ( ended ), then the former saints and prophets will be the first to wake up in new bodies on the New Earth. Since we were the ones our Creator used in this first age and learned we are His voice, we'll be the first people in the next age. We will be used to name the illusions ( visible objects in every vision and dream we experience together. This will be the building blocks of our new spoken language that ALL God's people who are reborn on the new Earth will speak to each other.

Man was created male and female so the first male and female will be with us saints and prophets to learn the new language with us. Then they will produce new people, one male body and one female body for ever created man. Each couple will have their own unique visions and dream experiences together so this will be their stories to share with the other people on the new Earth. Every single person will have their own perspective so no story will be alike.

Our dream experiences will start out with basic illusions ( visible objects ) and with each new dream, new objects and movements will be added by our Creator so that we will never be bored. Think of going to a different movie each day and have something to share with the next couple who also have different experiences to share.

In this world, some people have the same experiences from day to day and they are very bored with life. This won't happen in Paradise where we'll continuously experience new things in each vision and dream we have.

We won't understand many of the things we have in this world such as death, decay, destruction, stormy weather, earthquakes, lava flows, disease, accidents, suffering, anger, aging, etc.

We will be experiencing living in different bodies, also. Since our bodies are only illusions, it is easy to wake up in a new dream with a different body such as the body of a bird so we can soar through the sky or a rocket flying to other planets, etc. This will only happen in our individual dreams. The bodies that we awaken on the New Earth will never change so we'll always have a basic body to experience life with other than our individual dreams.

We will never understand a long story line and keep written records of the past. Each individual vision and dream will be a story line until it ends. Then we will experience a different story line in a different dream. We'll never be reading any books or living in hand built houses because we won't need to build any visible objects. God plans on having every illusions already built for us to enjoy such as an automobile. We won't have to set up factories and build them. We'll wake up in a new dream with an automobile there ready to drive. These are all hypothetical but these are analogies to help you understand that we'll be experiencing life in Paradise much differently than in this world.
Proving_a_Negative
Posts: 88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 9:04:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/3/2015 2:40:10 AM, JJ50 wrote:
When I die I want to cease to be.

We are assuming that heaven is a real place which you will go to eternity for the purposes of this forum. I would gladly debate its non existence however that isn't the point.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 9:10:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
No. I don't want to sing hosannas to His name for ten minutes let alone all of eternity. I used to like the song Amazing Grace until I really thought about the lyrics.

"When we've been there 10,000 years, bright shining as the sun,"
"We've no less days to sing God's praise, than when we first begun."

Now that sounds like North Korea with better climate.
UndeniableReality
Posts: 1,897
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 9:26:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/3/2015 9:10:31 AM, dhardage wrote:
No. I don't want to sing hosannas to His name for ten minutes let alone all of eternity. I used to like the song Amazing Grace until I really thought about the lyrics.

"When we've been there 10,000 years, bright shining as the sun,"
"We've no less days to sing God's praise, than when we first begun."

Now that sounds like North Korea with better climate.

Some people work their whole lives to get into a celestial North Korea, or to make one where they live.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 9:31:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/3/2015 9:26:57 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 3/3/2015 9:10:31 AM, dhardage wrote:
No. I don't want to sing hosannas to His name for ten minutes let alone all of eternity. I used to like the song Amazing Grace until I really thought about the lyrics.

"When we've been there 10,000 years, bright shining as the sun,"
"We've no less days to sing God's praise, than when we first begun."

Now that sounds like North Korea with better climate.

Some people work their whole lives to get into a celestial North Korea, or to make one where they live.

Yeah, well, some people are more than a little mislead.
UndeniableReality
Posts: 1,897
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 9:33:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/3/2015 9:31:04 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 3/3/2015 9:26:57 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 3/3/2015 9:10:31 AM, dhardage wrote:
No. I don't want to sing hosannas to His name for ten minutes let alone all of eternity. I used to like the song Amazing Grace until I really thought about the lyrics.

"When we've been there 10,000 years, bright shining as the sun,"
"We've no less days to sing God's praise, than when we first begun."

Now that sounds like North Korea with better climate.

Some people work their whole lives to get into a celestial North Korea, or to make one where they live.

Yeah, well, some people are more than a little mislead.

Indeed. By the way, I didn't realize those lines were in your national anthem (it's always sung so over the top that I don't understand what the singer is saying). Pretty creepy. They're almost all bad though. Canada's isn't much better.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 9:48:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/3/2015 9:33:03 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 3/3/2015 9:31:04 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 3/3/2015 9:26:57 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 3/3/2015 9:10:31 AM, dhardage wrote:
No. I don't want to sing hosannas to His name for ten minutes let alone all of eternity. I used to like the song Amazing Grace until I really thought about the lyrics.

"When we've been there 10,000 years, bright shining as the sun,"
"We've no less days to sing God's praise, than when we first begun."

Now that sounds like North Korea with better climate.

Some people work their whole lives to get into a celestial North Korea, or to make one where they live.

Yeah, well, some people are more than a little mislead.

Indeed. By the way, I didn't realize those lines were in your national anthem (it's always sung so over the top that I don't understand what the singer is saying). Pretty creepy. They're almost all bad though. Canada's isn't much better.

Uh, no, they're from the song 'Amazing Grace'. Our National Anthem is titled 'The Star Spangled Banner'. Just to set that record straight.
UndeniableReality
Posts: 1,897
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 10:40:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/3/2015 9:48:45 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 3/3/2015 9:33:03 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 3/3/2015 9:31:04 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 3/3/2015 9:26:57 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 3/3/2015 9:10:31 AM, dhardage wrote:
No. I don't want to sing hosannas to His name for ten minutes let alone all of eternity. I used to like the song Amazing Grace until I really thought about the lyrics.

"When we've been there 10,000 years, bright shining as the sun,"
"We've no less days to sing God's praise, than when we first begun."

Now that sounds like North Korea with better climate.

Some people work their whole lives to get into a celestial North Korea, or to make one where they live.

Yeah, well, some people are more than a little mislead.

Indeed. By the way, I didn't realize those lines were in your national anthem (it's always sung so over the top that I don't understand what the singer is saying). Pretty creepy. They're almost all bad though. Canada's isn't much better.

Uh, no, they're from the song 'Amazing Grace'. Our National Anthem is titled 'The Star Spangled Banner'. Just to set that record straight.

Oh I see. I thought Amazing Grace was the anthem.
ethang5
Posts: 4,104
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 10:56:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/3/2015 9:10:31 AM, dhardage wrote:
No. I don't want to sing hosannas to His name for ten minutes let alone all of eternity. I used to like the song Amazing Grace until I really thought about the lyrics.

"When we've been there 10,000 years, bright shining as the sun,"
"We've no less days to sing God's praise, than when we first begun."

Now that sounds like North Korea with better climate.

These conversations remind me of 6 year old boys talking about how yucky it would to be married. Marriage from the POV of a 6 year old. lol.

For example, There is no "time" in Heaven, yet the "6 year olds" cannot fathom anything timeless and thus object to a Heaven they imagine to be an "Earth" with nicely paved streets.
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 11:03:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Heaven and Hell are not "places", they are states of mind.

Those that Live in the Truth that exposes the deceptions and lies called good, also known as fantasy and fiction called good, are already in so called Heaven.

Those that choose with their own free will choices to deny the Truth in favor of their fantasy and fictional realities are in Hell.

Take a look at the world around you. If all the religious programing is supposed to make a better world, WHY do we still have all the problems such as starving people, killing of unborn babies as a form of birth control and so many people that line up to be conned and deceived with lies that tickle their ears and excite their eyes for a time?

The reason is that those of the confused many are waiting for someone or something else to make things better.

Most people are lazy daydreamers seeking shortcuts, simply put...

The scriptures are a great resource of human nature and information.

That is if you have left the childish ways behind and are grown up enough to understand.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Harikrish
Posts: 11,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 11:08:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/2/2015 8:41:44 PM, Proving_a_Negative wrote:
We like entertainment. Entertainment requires some kind of competition or conflict. Could you imagine watching movies in heaven that contain absolutely no story except that everybody lives happily? How boring would that be? What about sports? 2 absolutely perfect teams will always end in a draw. How about music? We don't all like just happy music. We like music that expresses our emotions. Is it really worth going to heaven at all?

Maybe not for you. But to the homeless, clinically depressed, suicidal, mentally ill heaven is their only way out and a better place than where they are now. The reality of their miserable existence is a bad dream and they wish they could wake up and be somewhere else like a heaven perhaps. You are just mocking their wishful delusions.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 11:11:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/3/2015 10:56:24 AM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/3/2015 9:10:31 AM, dhardage wrote:
No. I don't want to sing hosannas to His name for ten minutes let alone all of eternity. I used to like the song Amazing Grace until I really thought about the lyrics.

"When we've been there 10,000 years, bright shining as the sun,"
"We've no less days to sing God's praise, than when we first begun."

Now that sounds like North Korea with better climate.

These conversations remind me of 6 year old boys talking about how yucky it would to be married. Marriage from the POV of a 6 year old. lol.

For example, There is no "time" in Heaven, yet the "6 year olds" cannot fathom anything timeless and thus object to a Heaven they imagine to be an "Earth" with nicely paved streets.

And you've been there to see what it's actually like, huh? Why don't you tell us all about it?
Harikrish
Posts: 11,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 11:37:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/3/2015 10:56:24 AM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/3/2015 9:10:31 AM, dhardage wrote:
No. I don't want to sing hosannas to His name for ten minutes let alone all of eternity. I used to like the song Amazing Grace until I really thought about the lyrics.

"When we've been there 10,000 years, bright shining as the sun,"
"We've no less days to sing God's praise, than when we first begun."

Now that sounds like North Korea with better climate.

These conversations remind me of 6 year old boys talking about how yucky it would to be married. Marriage from the POV of a 6 year old. lol.

For example, There is no "time" in Heaven, yet the "6 year olds" cannot fathom anything timeless and thus object to a Heaven they imagine to be an "Earth" with nicely paved streets.
What if we capture what the average adult Christian imagines heaven is like.
To them heaven a a place with no rocks. So adult Christians don't have to fear being stoned for their adulterous life. Everyone gets a pair of strap-on wings. Jesus is the official wine maker. Abraham gets his foreskin restored so he is less conspicuous among Gentiles.
There is also a section for Muslim converts. Each gets 72 virgins and more time to spend with them because demand that they pray 5 times are dropped.
The section for gays is the happiest because they have to share it with lesbians.
Surely even the 6 year old could find something to appreciate in heaven.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 12:02:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/2/2015 8:41:44 PM, Proving_a_Negative wrote:
Is it really worth going to heaven at all?

A sentence to serve eternally under a cosmic tyrant with no prospect of parole, alongside supremacist zealots you loathed in life, forced to sing propaganda songs about how lucky you are under your Beloved Leader.

I can see why supremacist zealots might think this desirable, and I can only feel sorry for them in that respect. But what I can't see is why they imagine anyone else would want to join them.
Proving_a_Negative
Posts: 88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 12:05:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/3/2015 12:02:53 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 3/2/2015 8:41:44 PM, Proving_a_Negative wrote:
Is it really worth going to heaven at all?

A sentence to serve eternally under a cosmic tyrant with no prospect of parole, alongside supremacist zealots you loathed in life, forced to sing propaganda songs about how lucky you are under your Beloved Leader.

I can see why supremacist zealots might think this desirable, and I can only feel sorry for them in that respect. But what I can't see is why they imagine anyone else would want to join them.

This would become a torture. Singing endlessly to your god about all the wonders he has done. We should just stay on earth.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 12:22:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/3/2015 12:05:43 PM, Proving_a_Negative wrote:
This would become a torture. Singing endlessly to your god about all the wonders he has done. We should just stay on earth.

Not even your god -- in the sense that according to doctrine, you don't have a choice. You either have to accept the sadistic, genocidal, misogynistic, psychopathic god of Abraham and call that being 'good', because you're already spiritual property; or else you can reject that bloated Bronze Age atavism and become a spiritual scapegoat for past design decisions in which you had no part.

With a choice like that, I prefer the faith of the Jehova's Witnesses. In their account, the stupid ones go to heaven to spend eternity doing inane things with fellow doorknocking stooges, while the smart ones get destroyed.

I can er... live with destroyed. It much resembles what I was expecting anyway.
ethang5
Posts: 4,104
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 1:25:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/3/2015 11:11:33 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 3/3/2015 10:56:24 AM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/3/2015 9:10:31 AM, dhardage wrote:
No. I don't want to sing hosannas to His name for ten minutes let alone all of eternity. I used to like the song Amazing Grace until I really thought about the lyrics.

"When we've been there 10,000 years, bright shining as the sun,"
"We've no less days to sing God's praise, than when we first begun."

Now that sounds like North Korea with better climate.

These conversations remind me of 6 year old boys talking about how yucky it would to be married. Marriage from the POV of a 6 year old. lol.

For example, There is no "time" in Heaven, yet the "6 year olds" cannot fathom anything timeless and thus object to a Heaven they imagine to be an "Earth" with nicely paved streets.

And you've been there to see what it's actually like, huh? Why don't you tell us all about it?

The point is not whose been there. It's the humor of immature people making pronouncements on mature matters. Claiming one would "get bored" in Heaven is like a 6 year old grossing out that being with a girl would mean you'd have to kiss her (yuck)

if Heaven is timeless, one could not get "bored". It's immaturity and a lack of imagination. But as the story goes, no one has to go if they don't want to.
ethang5
Posts: 4,104
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 1:30:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/3/2015 11:37:31 AM, Harikrish wrote:
At 3/3/2015 10:56:24 AM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/3/2015 9:10:31 AM, dhardage wrote:
No. I don't want to sing hosannas to His name for ten minutes let alone all of eternity. I used to like the song Amazing Grace until I really thought about the lyrics.

"When we've been there 10,000 years, bright shining as the sun,"
"We've no less days to sing God's praise, than when we first begun."

Now that sounds like North Korea with better climate.

These conversations remind me of 6 year old boys talking about how yucky it would to be married. Marriage from the POV of a 6 year old. lol.

For example, There is no "time" in Heaven, yet the "6 year olds" cannot fathom anything timeless and thus object to a Heaven they imagine to be an "Earth" with nicely paved streets.
What if we capture what the average adult Christian imagines heaven is like.
To them heaven a a place with no rocks. So adult Christians don't have to fear being stoned for their adulterous life. Everyone gets a pair of strap-on wings. Jesus is the official wine maker. Abraham gets his foreskin restored so he is less conspicuous among Gentiles.
There is also a section for Muslim converts. Each gets 72 virgins and more time to spend with them because demand that they pray 5 times are dropped.
The section for gays is the happiest because they have to share it with lesbians.
Surely even the 6 year old could find something to appreciate in heaven.

Bully is back so you don't have to play him anymore.

Save your flamebaits for the noobs.

And everyone knows that gays will share their part of Heaven with pedophiles, not lesbians.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 1:30:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/3/2015 1:25:53 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/3/2015 11:11:33 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 3/3/2015 10:56:24 AM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/3/2015 9:10:31 AM, dhardage wrote:
No. I don't want to sing hosannas to His name for ten minutes let alone all of eternity. I used to like the song Amazing Grace until I really thought about the lyrics.

"When we've been there 10,000 years, bright shining as the sun,"
"We've no less days to sing God's praise, than when we first begun."

Now that sounds like North Korea with better climate.

These conversations remind me of 6 year old boys talking about how yucky it would to be married. Marriage from the POV of a 6 year old. lol.

For example, There is no "time" in Heaven, yet the "6 year olds" cannot fathom anything timeless and thus object to a Heaven they imagine to be an "Earth" with nicely paved streets.

And you've been there to see what it's actually like, huh? Why don't you tell us all about it?

The point is not whose been there. It's the humor of immature people making pronouncements on mature matters. Claiming one would "get bored" in Heaven is like a 6 year old grossing out that being with a girl would mean you'd have to kiss her (yuck)

if Heaven is timeless, one could not get "bored". It's immaturity and a lack of imagination. But as the story goes, no one has to go if they don't want to.

Ok, so you've never been there either but you know better than I? That's a mature response. Sarcasm, just in case you missed it.

Heaven is described in the holy book of the Christians as a place of streets paved with gold where milk and honey flow. It's a place where all you do is glorify your patron deity for eternity. If that's what you want for yourself, have fun. As noted, it sounds awfully boring, particularly after you do it for a 100 centuries or so and there's still no end.

Second, if heaven is 'timeless' nothing happens. Events cannot occur without time.

If all you can do is resort to name calling and present no facts to support your version of this so-called heaven, your guess is no better than mine. Have a nice day. :)