Jump to topic:

Prayer requests

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 3:53:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
So I haven't seen a thread on this so I decided to make a prayer request Thread here for people to ask the religious community to prayer for others. Please no religious corraling as this is not the intention of the thread.

For my request to the community is for you to pray for my friend Isiah Ginter. His liver and both kidney's failed and was rushed up to St. Jude's Children's Hospital. He was diagnosed with Leukemia and he can barely keep his eyes open and the doctors have put him in ICU and they say he's getting worse. I do ask that if you can please pray for him, or if your atheist then please keep him in your thoughts.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 4:11:49 PM
At 3/3/2015 3:53:32 PM, lannan13 wrote:
So I haven't seen a thread on this so I decided to make a prayer request Thread here for people to ask the religious community to prayer for others. Please no religious corraling as this is not the intention of the thread.

For my request to the community is for you to pray for my friend Isiah Ginter. His liver and both kidney's failed and was rushed up to St. Jude's Children's Hospital. He was diagnosed with Leukemia and he can barely keep his eyes open and the doctors have put him in ICU and they say he's getting worse. I do ask that if you can please pray for him, or if your atheist then please keep him in your thoughts.

I already know your friend will die some day and wake up in new bodies in Paradise and experience life forever so there's nothing to worry about. Death is only an illusion that isn't real. We were created to live forever.
ThinkFirst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 4:16:13 PM

Inasmuch as I believe prayer to be useless, I will not take the opportunity to rail against it. It is never desirable that a child suffer; especially not the type that leukemia brings about. My best hopes and wishes to the family and the child. I will not pray, but I will hope on behalf of the child. Please do keep us posted.

- B
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 4:16:35 PM
At 3/3/2015 4:11:49 PM, bornofgod wrote:

I already know your friend will die some day and wake up in new bodies in Paradise and experience life forever so there's nothing to worry about. Death is only an illusion that isn't real. We were created to live forever.

All your posts say life is an illusion. The world is not real but a computer simulation of God's thoughts in God's mind. Make you your mind Brad.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 4:20:04 PM
At 3/3/2015 4:16:35 PM, Harikrish wrote:

All your posts say life is an illusion. The world is not real but a computer simulation of God's thoughts in God's mind. Make you your mind Brad.

Think of this universe as information in a CD-ROM called, "Eternal Life". All the objects and the life stories exist in this information that has to be processed into a visible world for us to experience life around us.
debate_power
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 4:26:13 PM
At 3/3/2015 4:20:04 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Think of this universe as information in a CD-ROM called, "Eternal Life". All the objects and the life stories exist in this information that has to be processed into a visible world for us to experience life around us.

I'd like to pray that you renounce your delusion.
You can call me Mark if you like.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 4:32:48 PM
At 3/3/2015 4:26:13 PM, debate_power wrote:

God had me pray for the Holy Spirit after He had me pray the Lord's Prayer in May of 2008. I haven't had to pray since then.
debate_power
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 4:35:57 PM
At 3/3/2015 4:32:48 PM, bornofgod wrote:

God had me pray for the Holy Spirit after He had me pray the Lord's Prayer in May of 2008. I haven't had to pray since then.

Whatever. I still believe I gave a legitimate prayer request. Hopefully, if the Christian God exists, he'll hear my prayer and act on it.
You can call me Mark if you like.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 4:36:01 PM
At 3/3/2015 4:16:13 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:

Inasmuch as I believe prayer to be useless, I will not take the opportunity to rail against it. It is never desirable that a child suffer; especially not the type that leukemia brings about. My best hopes and wishes to the family and the child. I will not pray, but I will hope on behalf of the child. Please do keep us posted.

- B

Thanks. I will be sure to give you updates everytime I get them and I'll post them in this forum.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 4:42:08 PM
At 3/3/2015 4:35:57 PM, debate_power wrote:

Whatever. I still believe I gave a legitimate prayer request. Hopefully, if the Christian God exists, he'll hear my prayer and act on it.

Our Creator has already created His program called Eternal Life. Whatever happens to your friend will happen according to His program. He can't change His program ( His will ) because it's already finished. All we can do is experience it as His characters, like being in a play that is already written. All we do is perform as actors and repeat the script that was written for us.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 6:30:06 PM
At 3/3/2015 4:42:08 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 3/3/2015 4:35:57 PM, debate_power wrote:

Our Creator has already created His program called Eternal Life. Whatever happens to your friend will happen according to His program. He can't change His program ( His will ) because it's already finished. All we can do is experience it as His characters, like being in a play that is already written. All we do is perform as actors and repeat the script that was written for us.

That is predetermination. Man has free will. How much was your alcoholism and failure predetermined by God and how much was it your own bad choices that caused your demise?
If the thoughts of God makes you feel better then keep Him in your thoughts longer.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 8:44:42 PM

I promise not to do any corraling. Is religious quarreling allowed?

I'll refrain from sarcasm about prayer out of respect for the plight of your friend. Let's hope that modern medicine can do for him what your God never seems to bother with.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 8:47:08 PM
At 3/3/2015 8:44:42 PM, dee-em wrote:

Sorry damn spell check.

I'll refrain from sarcasm about prayer out of respect for the plight of your friend. Let's hope that modern medicine can do for him what your God never seems to bother with.

I do hope he can pull through or he'll be the second friend I've lost to cancer this month.

dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 9:14:46 PM
At 3/3/2015 8:47:08 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Sorry damn spell check.

The spelling is fine. It's the wrong word.

I do hope he can pull through or he'll be the second friend I've lost to cancer this month.

I don't understand. Leukemia is treatable. Has your friend been undergoing chemotherapy (or radiotherapy)? As a last resort they can do a stem cell transplant. It shouldn't have reached the level of major organ failure unless the chemo failed.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 10:23:33 AM
At 3/3/2015 9:14:46 PM, dee-em wrote:

Sorry damn spell check.

I know, my spell check on my phone likes to do that.

I don't understand. Leukemia is treatable. Has your friend been undergoing chemotherapy (or radiotherapy)? As a last resort they can do a stem cell transplant. It shouldn't have reached the level of major organ failure unless the chemo failed.

He has, but he's already lost his liver and a kidney

bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 4:00:17 PM
At 3/4/2015 10:23:33 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/3/2015 9:14:46 PM, dee-em wrote:

Sorry damn spell check.

I know, my spell check on my phone likes to do that.

He has, but he's already lost his liver and a kidney

God is the ONLY healer that exists. This is His creation and He knows exactly what He's doing. If it's in His plans, your friend can be healed by Him either through miraculous ways ( not able to be explained by anyone ) or through modern medicine, or possibly some other mysterious way like eastern holistics, etc.

My heart is right there for you while you're concerned about your friend but please put all your trust in our Creator for He's the only creator that exists. If your friend dies during his ordeal, know that our Creator has other life experiences waiting for him in the next generation ( next age ). We're all in the same boat that we'll never be able to get out of.
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 4:34:39 PM

Best wishes to you & your friend. I hope he isn't in pain.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 5:43:13 PM

I put your friend in my thoughts. I lost a sister to leukaemia.
seeu46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 5:46:09 PM

Lord Jesus Christ please in your name heal Isiah Ginter. Amen
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 5:54:18 PM

I hope he gets better.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
Pase66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 5:58:17 PM

My deepest condolences. I hope he gets better soon.
Check out these Current Debates
It Cannot be Shown that The Qur'an is Revelation from God
http://www.debate.org...
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 6:02:19 PM

Your friend has my thoughts.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten