Total Posts:3|Showing Posts:1-3
Jump to topic:

Leviticus and 10 Commandments nullified?

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 4:57:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Okay guys, how are you today. So today I was doing some research on the Bible and I came across Hebrews 8:13 which reads.

"By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear."

Now this was stated by Jesus hence nullifying the first. Now you may ask yourself, what is the first covenant.

Gal. 3:19 "Why, then, was the law given? It was given alongside the promise to show people their sins. But the law was designed to last only until the coming of the child who was promised. God gave his law through angels to Moses, who was the mediator between God and the people."

As we can see here the first covenant was actually the 10 commandments along with Leviticus. Meaning that Leviticus no longer applies (hint hint Westboro). Now does this mean that you can go out there and rape and pillage all you want? No, not by any means. What I'm speaking of is that many of these things are no longer applicable and that one may only be saved through the son and reborn through the Holy Spirit.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 5:06:40 PM
At 3/3/2015 4:57:10 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Okay guys, how are you today. So today I was doing some research on the Bible and I came across Hebrews 8:13 which reads.

"By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear."

Now this was stated by Jesus hence nullifying the first. Now you may ask yourself, what is the first covenant.

Gal. 3:19 "Why, then, was the law given? It was given alongside the promise to show people their sins. But the law was designed to last only until the coming of the child who was promised. God gave his law through angels to Moses, who was the mediator between God and the people."

As we can see here the first covenant was actually the 10 commandments along with Leviticus. Meaning that Leviticus no longer applies (hint hint Westboro). Now does this mean that you can go out there and rape and pillage all you want? No, not by any means. What I'm speaking of is that many of these things are no longer applicable and that one may only be saved through the son and reborn through the Holy Spirit.

Smells a lot like divine command theory to me, with "good" being defined at the whim of God. It's not a particularly healthy position to take, I am not saying that static, literalist positions such as Westboro are much healthier, but it doesn't stop it being just bad.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 5:27:17 PM
At 3/3/2015 4:57:10 PM, lannan13 wrote:

The Law of God is actually ALL God's thoughts that we prophets and saints testify to. The early prophets didn't get taught everything that us saints got taught so they were kept from knowing how God created everything and the future. None of the prophets knew that this first age would end by hot molten lava pouring out of the earth and melting the entire crust with everything on it. They didn't know that they were created as the invisible Word of God ( God's thoughts ).

We saints are the one's God uses to testify to His knowledge ( Word of the Lord ) and learn about the past, present delusion we're in and the future. We learn about the new covenant that will be in place after this world is destroyed. Anyone who listens to our gospel ( voice of the Lord, or God's thoughts ) will learn about the future age to come when all God's people will awaken in new flesh and never be deceived by the illusions we observe like All God's people did in this first age.

So the old covenant remains until the end of this age and anyone who doesn't listen to the gospel we saints preach, will remain deceived by what they observe and read in the Bible.

The Bible does not reveal the Truth but God can use the prophecies to help get some of His believers to know there is a Creator and believe that He exists. Most of His chosen believers don't ever read the Bible. They are taught that He exists through many different ways such as miracles, or they're born into this world with knowledge to know Him. I've heard some of His believers say that they knew God while still in the womb of their mothers. These believers have always known our Creator and when I preach the gospel to find them, they hear His voice and come and listen to the knowledge He wants them to know.