God says, Go get your own dirt.

pachomius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 2:56:36 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Read this [url=http://www.getyourowndirt.com...]story[/url]:

[quote]One day a group of scientists got together and decided that man had come a long way and no longer needed God. So they picked one scientist to go and tell Him that they were done with Him.

The scientist walked up to God and said, "God, we've decided that we no longer need you. We're to the point that we can clone people and do many miraculous things, so why don't you just go on and get lost."

God listened very patiently and kindly to the man and after the scientist was done talking, God said, "Very well, how about this, let's say we have a man making contest." To which the scientist replied, "OK, great!"

But God added, "Now, we're going to do this just like I did back in the old days with Adam."

The scientist said, "Sure, no problem" and bent down and grabbed himself a handful of dirt.

God just looked at him and said, "No, no, no. You go get your own dirt!"

[img]http://www.getyourowndirt.com...[/img]
http://www.getyourowndirt.com...

[/quote]

Suppose the atheist tells God to prove He made the dirt?

What will be God's reaction, response, repartee?

Pachomius
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 3:16:15 PM
I think God would respond with "prove I didn't"
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Yvette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 3:23:19 PM
This is stupid. I can make up stories that make myself seem smart and my enemies seem dumb, too. Really, all it does is make you look like a complete dumbass.
In the middle of moving to Washington. 8D

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 5:58:55 PM
At 7/15/2010 3:23:19 PM, Yvette wrote:
This is stupid. I can make up stories that make myself seem smart and my enemies seem dumb, too. Really, all it does is make you look like a complete dumbass.

From what I've noticed, you're one of rudest and most negative posters on this forum. Half of your responses seem to fall into the, "That's ridiculous. You're an idiot." category. I'm just putting that out there.
Yvette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 6:16:03 PM
At 7/15/2010 5:58:55 PM, Denote wrote:

From what I've noticed, you're one of rudest and most negative posters on this forum. Half of your responses seem to fall into the, "That's ridiculous. You're an idiot." category. I'm just putting that out there.

I'm guessing you're upset because you agree with him.

Unfortunately, I'm just calling this out for what it is. It's stupid. There's really no getting past that. Brutal honesty is brutally honest.

Though, I suppose it doesn't matter that the OP was basically a roundabout way of calling atheists and scientists stupid, does it?

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
cjl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 6:18:25 PM
At 7/15/2010 6:16:03 PM, Yvette wrote:

Unfortunately, I'm just calling this out for what it is. It's stupid. There's really no getting past that. Brutal honesty is brutally honest.

Though, I suppose it doesn't matter that the OP was basically a roundabout way of calling atheists and scientists stupid, does it?

It is only as stupid as you make it.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 6:21:49 PM
One day, a man prayed to God. He said "Show yourself, or go get your own universe. I made this one."

God was pretty quiet after that.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Yvette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 6:22:57 PM
At 7/15/2010 6:19:38 PM, cjl wrote:
pachomius. Sorry about yvette. She feels everything is dumb, or rediculous.

You mad because I challenge you to back up your statements beyond you just "feeling" they're true on a debate forum?

InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 6:24:16 PM
At 7/15/2010 6:21:49 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
One day, a man prayed to God. He said "Show yourself, or go get your own universe. I made this one."

Lol.
Yvette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 6:24:59 PM
At 7/15/2010 6:18:25 PM, cjl wrote:

It is only as stupid as you make it.

That didn't even mean anything. You may as well have gone, "ur mom!"

Theists enjoy, for some reason, writing stories with atheists as characters acting stupidly and getting evidence for the theist's position. This would be all well and good if there were ever theist evidence presented.

Until then, I think you folks will have to live with reality, that God has not as yet revealed himself and embarrassed all the atheists.

Yvette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 6:25:44 PM
At 7/15/2010 6:24:16 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Lol.

xD

That was pretty good. Even the theist laughed. +10 points for being a good sport, Insert. ;)

Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 6:27:27 PM

So because I called you out on something, you instantly assume It's because I was personally offended?
Yvette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 6:29:56 PM
At 7/15/2010 6:27:27 PM, Denote wrote:

So because I called you out on something, you instantly assume It's because I was personally offended?

You're a Christian, I just insulted a Christian, you didn't jump to atheist's defense at being insulted by the story, tribe mentality is something that's quite common, etc. Yea, it seems like a pretty common likelihood. Note the word guess.

InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 6:29:58 PM
At 7/15/2010 6:25:44 PM, Yvette wrote:
At 7/15/2010 6:24:16 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Lol.

xD

That was pretty good. Even the theist laughed. +10 points for being a good sport, Insert. ;)

Well it was funny and I'm generally pretty open-minded most of the time so...yea.
cjl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 6:32:32 PM
At 7/15/2010 6:22:57 PM, Yvette wrote:

You mad because I challenge you to back up your statements beyond you just "feeling" they're true on a debate forum?

I owe you no explanation to you. And I am not mad. I am concerned for pachomius, and how rudely you treated him by calling him a dumb@ss.
Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 6:36:17 PM
At 7/15/2010 6:32:32 PM, cjl wrote:

I owe you no explanation to you. And I am not mad. I am concerned for pachomius, and how rudely you treated him by calling him a dumb@ss.
You owe no explanation, and you proceed to give one anyways.
I don't think every theist in the world needs your defense. If you feel people are being so prosecuted, why don't you jump to the atheists' defense, since people like ganging up on us for no particular reason other than because we are atheists?
Or are you so bigoted you jump only to your brother in theism's, defense?
I miss the old members.
cjl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 6:39:28 PM
At 7/15/2010 6:36:17 PM, Atheism wrote:

I don't think every theist in the world needs your defense. If you feel people are being so prosecuted, why don't you jump to the atheists' defense, since people like ganging up on us for no particular reason other than because we are atheists?

I wasn't defending everyone else. JUST MYSELF! And you atheists can get your own defense.
Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 6:42:20 PM
At 7/15/2010 6:39:28 PM, cjl wrote:

I wasn't defending everyone else. JUST MYSELF! And you atheists can get your own defense.
You jumped to Pachio's defense for no apparent reason other than he is a theist like yourself. I bet you never actually read the thread, you just saw Yvette insulting someone (for a very valid reason), and you automatically jumped to his defense without any knowledge of what transpired here. You are a bigot who only helps theists, and when suggested that you help others than your own, you flat out say no.
Nuisance.
I miss the old members.
Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 6:42:33 PM
At 7/15/2010 6:29:56 PM, Yvette wrote:

You're a Christian, I just insulted a Christian, you didn't jump to atheist's defense at being insulted by the story, tribe mentality is something that's quite common, etc. Yea, it seems like a pretty common likelihood. Note the word guess.

I didn't say anything about the story. I said something about you, though.I guess you're just trying to somehow invalidate me as a source of critique because you don't like what I said.
Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 6:45:31 PM
At 7/15/2010 6:42:33 PM, Denote wrote:

I didn't say anything about the story.
That's the point. You didn't say how it was insulting to atheists at all, you just ran to your brother in thiesm's aid, instead of being rational and seeing how he was in the wrong.
I said something about you, though.I guess you're just trying to somehow invalidate me as a source of critique because you don't like what I said.
Your critique was invalid at the beginning of your post. There was no need to invalidate it further, if that's possible.
I miss the old members.
Yvette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 6:46:44 PM
At 7/15/2010 6:42:33 PM, Denote wrote:

I didn't say anything about the story. I said something about you, though.I guess you're just trying to somehow invalidate me as a source of critique because you don't like what I said.

And you just dodged the point I made (and the point Atheism just made to cjl)--you folks are only jumping to defend people from insults when the people being insulted are Christians. That you didn't say anything about the story is exactly my point, you didn't. It insulted people and you didn't post, yet when a Christian is insulted, you post.

Tribe mentality.

You are correct, I am discrediting you. And you are doing a poor job of proving me wrong. :)

Yvette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 6:47:58 PM

Again: why are you on a debate forum if you have no intention of backing up your statements?

cjl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 6:48:10 PM
At 7/15/2010 6:42:20 PM, Atheism wrote:

You jumped to Pachio's defense for no apparent reason other than he is a theist like yourself. I bet you never actually read the thread, you just saw Yvette insulting someone (for a very valid reason), and you automatically jumped to his defense without any knowledge of what transpired here. You are a bigot who only helps theists, and when suggested that you help others than your own, you flat out say no.
Nuisance.

I have a heart. Yvette insults everyone about everything. I simply warned him for ger innappropriate behavior. If had the guts, she would call herself dumb, or rediculous.
cjl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 6:49:07 PM
At 7/15/2010 6:47:58 PM, Yvette wrote:

Again: why are you on a debate forum if you have no intention of backing up your statements?

Because I want to be, you narcissist.
Yvette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 6:50:32 PM
At 7/15/2010 6:48:10 PM, cjl wrote:

Nuisance.

I have a heart. Yvette insults everyone about everything. I simply warned him for ger innappropriate behavior. If had the guts, she would call herself dumb, or rediculous.

What? Really?

Yvette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 6:52:00 PM
At 7/15/2010 6:49:07 PM, cjl wrote:

...How is that narcissism?

I swear to god you make less sense every post.

cjl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 6:52:26 PM
At 7/15/2010 6:50:32 PM, Yvette wrote:
At 7/15/2010 6:48:10 PM, cjl wrote:

Nuisance.

What? Really?

No, I just lied. NOT! Yes, really.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 6:53:33 PM
At 7/15/2010 6:52:00 PM, Yvette wrote:

*takes on a Christian accent * (yes, I know there's no such thing).

Neener neener, atheist just admitted she needs god, neener neener.

j/k
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
cjl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 6:54:42 PM
At 7/15/2010 6:52:00 PM, Yvette wrote:

You only give yourself the chance to be perfect. We are all dumb, and you are the best debater. NOT! Your attitude puts you way down at the bottom of the chain.