Jump to topic:

An honest question to creationists.

UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 9:38:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
What is the difference between Creationism and Christianity?

Do you have to be Christian to be a Creationist?

Do you have to be a Creationist to be a Christian?
"Change your sig."
~YYW
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 10:24:06 AM
Christianity is innate in the human species as that overriding "feeling" of saying "no" to injustice, i.e. Christianity is just another way of describing the function of our consciences that keep us from, well, behaving like ISIS killer apes. But this universal root Christianity and is not recognized by Pauline Christian sectarians using religion for conducting territorial wars against non-Christians and against other Christian sects. Universal Christianity would look like Celestial Torah Christianity because that's what it is, radical meaning Root Christian theology including what is known as "Creationism". I subscribe to a Creationist viewpoint of the origins of the universe but its a far cry from the Pauline Christian creationists position although Christian scientists will understand my position while atheist scientists won't have a clue.
RoderickSpode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 10:42:52 AM
At 3/5/2015 9:38:31 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
What is the difference between Creationism and Christianity?

Do you have to be Christian to be a Creationist?

Do you have to be a Creationist to be a Christian?
It depends. One doesn't need to be a Christian to hold to intelligent design. Creationism was the original term used for intelligent design, but it was assumed to mean Biblical creationism by evolutionists, so the term intelligent design is used in it's place. A Biblical creationist we could assume would have to be a Christian.