An Interesting Sermon

ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 9:51:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The Unforgivable Sin

I have always wondered about this topic. I worry that I have committed this sin and I never knew what blaspheming meant. I decided to post it, because I noticed that sometimes I see people on here who act like the people that the pastor mentions. Now yes, I do not approve of Mark Driscoll's plagiarism, but this sermon actually made me think he was actually a good pastor. Just shows I don't use my prejudices to judge how somebody preaches.
Moroni23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 10:18:11 PM
At 3/5/2015 9:51:31 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
The Unforgivable Sin

I have always wondered about this topic. I worry that I have committed this sin and I never knew what blaspheming meant. I decided to post it, because I noticed that sometimes I see people on here who act like the people that the pastor mentions. Now yes, I do not approve of Mark Driscoll's plagiarism, but this sermon actually made me think he was actually a good pastor. Just shows I don't use my prejudices to judge how somebody preaches.

I mean he is on the right track but he is contradicting himself and he is missing the boat a little bit.

How can you preach for 5 minutes that the only sin in the world Christ wont forgive is Blasphamising of the holy spirit, and then turn around and say actually he will forgive you as long as you change your life and don't die with that sin.

He is on the right track as far as yes the scriptures teach that Blasphamising of the Holy Spirit is the only unforgivable sin. But he is wrong about what Blasphamising of hte Hold Spirit is. This sin is refering to sombody who has seen the miricals of God, knows without a doubt in there mind that he is real, and then openly choices to fight him and destroy his chruch.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 12:04:09 AM
At 3/5/2015 9:51:31 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
The Unforgivable Sin

Not one flesh in this world will be forgiven of ALL it's sins. All flesh perishes because it can't be used in the next age. Our new bodies of flesh will be much different in Paradise and never know death.

It's not one particular sin of the flesh that causes it's death. It was planned by our Creator to be killed during this first age.

All God ever told His people was to listen to His voice and obey His commandments. Those who listen to Him will learn that ALL flesh has to die in this first age before His created people and beasts get new flesh in Paradise.

Deuteronomy 28
15: "But if you will not obey the voice of the Lord your God or be careful to do all his commandments which I command you this day, then all these curses shall come upon you and overtake you.
16: Cursed shall you be in the city, and cursed shall you be in the field.
17: Cursed shall be your basket and your kneading-trough.
18: cursed shall be the fruit of your body, and the fruit of your ground, the increase of your cattle, and the young of your flock.
19: Cursed shall you be when you come in, and cursed shall you be when you go out.
20: "the Lord will send upon you curses, confusion, and frustration, in all that you undertake to do, until you are destroyed and perish quickly, on account of the evil of your doings, because you have forsaken me.
21: The Lord will make the pestilence cleave to you until he has consumed you off the land which you are entering to take possession of it.
22: The Lord will smite you with consumption, and with fever, inflammation, and fiery heat, and with drought, and with blasting, and with mildew; they shall pursue you until your perish.
23: And the heavens over your head shall be brass, and the earth under you shall be iron.
24: The Lord will make the rain of your land powder and dust; from heaven it shall come down upon you until you are destroyed.

Those who don't listen to the voice of the Lord will perish before understanding that it wasn't the sin of the flesh that needed to be washed away. It was the fact that God's people didn't understand why they were dying.