Total Posts:47|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

MadCornishBiker - Opinions on a DDO'er

YoshiBoy13
Posts: 96
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 3:10:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
When I say What is MCB's problem? I mean it in the most literal sense.
He is citing all these bible verses to attempt to prove his point, but he's not doing it very well. In fact, all he's really succeeded in doing is turning almost everyone on this website against him. So what is his problem - specifically, what's his problem when it comes to addressing these subjects?

I'm not in favour of him, I'm just thinking that there have got to be better ways to make his case than what he's doing at the moment.

Please feel free to post your opinions on what he's doing wrong in explaining his point, so he can make his point better, so we can actually understand what he's trying to say. If there's proof that what he's saying is genuinely 100% correct, then I'll probably agree with him. But he just isn't proving it - proving it well, at least. Currently, he's using the Bible as a source for showing that the Bible is true (or at least, his version of the JW's version of the Bible).

So what's he doing wrong? How can he change his attitude so the debates we make on the forums actually seem like genuine debates, instead of him just sloshing quotes around.

Really, I'm all for anything that will make him sound less bigoted.
Because if there's one thing we don't need here, it's bigots.
- Just because you're narrow-minded doesn't mean you're always right.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 3:30:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 3:10:42 PM, YoshiBoy13 wrote:
When I say What is MCB's problem? I mean it in the most literal sense.
He is citing all these bible verses to attempt to prove his point, but he's not doing it very well. In fact, all he's really succeeded in doing is turning almost everyone on this website against him. So what is his problem - specifically, what's his problem when it comes to addressing these subjects?

I'm not in favour of him, I'm just thinking that there have got to be better ways to make his case than what he's doing at the moment.

Please feel free to post your opinions on what he's doing wrong in explaining his point, so he can make his point better, so we can actually understand what he's trying to say. If there's proof that what he's saying is genuinely 100% correct, then I'll probably agree with him. But he just isn't proving it - proving it well, at least. Currently, he's using the Bible as a source for showing that the Bible is true (or at least, his version of the JW's version of the Bible).

So what's he doing wrong? How can he change his attitude so the debates we make on the forums actually seem like genuine debates, instead of him just sloshing quotes around.

Really, I'm all for anything that will make him sound less bigoted.
Because if there's one thing we don't need here, it's bigots.
To understand where MCB is coming from you have to know the cult called JW that he belonged to and the beliefs this cult brainwashed him into believing. The JW have their own interpretation of Jesus and differs greatly from the beliefs of most Christian denominations.
MCB was expelled by the JW because he was a serial adulterer and he has not attended the JW meetings for over 7 years so he is very rusty in his bible stuff. What you will also learn is he is raising money on Facebook for his future family living overseas. He is on disability assistance and needs to supplement his income to be able to support them and himself. The preaching is how the JW made money by begging for donations. MCB is applying what he learnt from the JW. Only here he keeps the money for himself.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 3:52:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 3:10:42 PM, YoshiBoy13 wrote:
if there's one thing we don't need here, it's bigots.

I disagree. Outside a classroom, if there's one place bigots belong, it's on a debate site.

Bigotry is a general human condition: while-ever we're ignorant, we suffer from it. A lot of bigotry is unconscious, and can be challenged and learned from -- not just in the offender, but in people listening to and reflecting on discussion.

Bigoted bloviating is better done here than in some government chamber, shaping public policy. And on a debate site, members are armed for contest and willing to engage, so it's a lot more constructive than unleashing malign ignorance on some unsuspecting punter.

MCB is an avocational rock-chucker with a narrow set of views he doesn't want challenged. But as far as society goes, he's pretty ordinary. He's saying nothing new, nor doing anything more than unwelcome door-knockers or shopping-mall soapboxers do every other Saturday.

Besides, I always like ratbags, and kinda like MCB. :)
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 4:25:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 3:52:57 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 3/6/2015 3:10:42 PM, YoshiBoy13 wrote:
if there's one thing we don't need here, it's bigots.

I disagree. Outside a classroom, if there's one place bigots belong, it's on a debate site.

Bigotry is a general human condition: while-ever we're ignorant, we suffer from it. A lot of bigotry is unconscious, and can be challenged and learned from -- not just in the offender, but in people listening to and reflecting on discussion.

Bigoted bloviating is better done here than in some government chamber, shaping public policy. And on a debate site, members are armed for contest and willing to engage, so it's a lot more constructive than unleashing malign ignorance on some unsuspecting punter.

MCB is an avocational rock-chucker with a narrow set of views he doesn't want challenged. But as far as society goes, he's pretty ordinary. He's saying nothing new, nor doing anything more than unwelcome door-knockers or shopping-mall soapboxers do every other Saturday.

Besides, I always like ratbags, and kinda like MCB. :)
You having feelings for MCB who holds a narrow perverted view of Jesus and his ministry is not being bigoted. Being emotionally attached to a bigot may not qualify you as a bigot. But it shows your leanings are in bigotry.
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 4:29:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 3:10:42 PM, YoshiBoy13 wrote:
When I say What is MCB's problem? I mean it in the most literal sense.
He is citing all these bible verses to attempt to prove his point, but he's not doing it very well. In fact, all he's really succeeded in doing is turning almost everyone on this website against him. So what is his problem - specifically, what's his problem when it comes to addressing these subjects?

I'm not in favour of him, I'm just thinking that there have got to be better ways to make his case than what he's doing at the moment.

Please feel free to post your opinions on what he's doing wrong in explaining his point, so he can make his point better, so we can actually understand what he's trying to say. If there's proof that what he's saying is genuinely 100% correct, then I'll probably agree with him. But he just isn't proving it - proving it well, at least. Currently, he's using the Bible as a source for showing that the Bible is true (or at least, his version of the JW's version of the Bible).

So what's he doing wrong? How can he change his attitude so the debates we make on the forums actually seem like genuine debates, instead of him just sloshing quotes around.

Really, I'm all for anything that will make him sound less bigoted.
Because if there's one thing we don't need here, it's bigots.

What you are seeing is the result, the end result, when a person has complete loyalty to an "organization".
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 4:35:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 4:25:24 PM, Harikrish wrote:
You having feelings for MCB who holds a narrow perverted view of Jesus and his ministry is not being bigoted. Being emotionally attached to a bigot may not qualify you as a bigot. But it shows your leanings are in bigotry.

I suppose they are, Harikrish!

I adore bigots for the same reason I love children and puppies. They have the most opportunity to grow...

...only, unlike children and puppies, you're allowed to yell at them and beat them.

Also, as an atheist who's just been accused of bigotry for liking an excommunicated JW proselyte...

I can only say thank you! We just never get compliments like that. :)
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 4:55:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 4:35:59 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 3/6/2015 4:25:24 PM, Harikrish wrote:
You having feelings for MCB who holds a narrow perverted view of Jesus and his ministry is not being bigoted. Being emotionally attached to a bigot may not qualify you as a bigot. But it shows your leanings are in bigotry.

I suppose they are, Harikrish!

I adore bigots for the same reason I love children and puppies. They have the most opportunity to grow...

...only, unlike children and puppies, you're allowed to yell at them and beat them.

Also, as an atheist who's just been accused of bigotry for liking an excommunicated JW proselyte...

I can only say thank you! We just never get compliments like that. :)

What you have missed is MCB has not rejected the perverted views of JW, he still quotes their flavour of interpretation. It is the JW who dumped him for being a serial adulterer. He couldn't even meet the low standards set by JW. Any wonder why he is living alone with animals.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 5:07:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 4:55:05 PM, Harikrish wrote:
What you have missed is MCB has not rejected the perverted views of JW, he still quotes their flavour of interpretation.

I understand that MCB views himself as a faithful Jehovah's Witness despite no longer being supported by his faith. As an atheist, I am well aware what it's like to have views you cannot share with people of like minds, and how isolating and lonely that can be.

I can also respect anyone trying to hold a moral code on their own, despite strong pressure from the community to change it. That's regardless of the fact that I disagree with nearly everything MCB says.

MCB was expelled by the JW because he was a serial adulterer

...which I would say is nobody's business but his, and the people with whom he was in relationships with. Or are you trying to impose some received morality on this?

...he has not attended the JW meetings for over 7 years

A matter that I can only celebrate

so he is very rusty in his bible stuff.

...unlike 70% of American Christians, say?

He is on disability assistance and needs to supplement his income to be able to support them and himself.

...which is hard for anyone. And how is an impoverished individual taking advantage of peoples' credibility for donations worse than a fat corporate church doing it?

Both are unethical; but one is understandable.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 5:34:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 5:07:19 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 3/6/2015 4:55:05 PM, Harikrish wrote:
What you have missed is MCB has not rejected the perverted views of JW, he still quotes their flavour of interpretation.

I understand that MCB views himself as a faithful Jehovah's Witness despite no longer being supported by his faith. As an atheist, I am well aware what it's like to have views you cannot share with people of like minds, and how isolating and lonely that can be.

I can also respect anyone trying to hold a moral code on their own, despite strong pressure from the community to change it. That's regardless of the fact that I disagree with nearly everything MCB says.

MCB was expelled by the JW because he was a serial adulterer

...which I would say is nobody's business but his, and the people with whom he was in relationships with. Or are you trying to impose some received morality on this?

...he has not attended the JW meetings for over 7 years

A matter that I can only celebrate

so he is very rusty in his bible stuff.

...unlike 70% of American Christians, say?

He is on disability assistance and needs to supplement his income to be able to support them and himself.

...which is hard for anyone. And how is an impoverished individual taking advantage of peoples' credibility for donations worse than a fat corporate church doing it?

Both are unethical; but one is understandable.

Where did you get the impression MCB is upholding a moral code? He is preaching not practicing what he preaches. He was divorced 4 times for being a serial adulterer and a sexual pervert indulging in sodomy and oral sex , all unnatural acts according to the bible. You have compromised your moral values to accommodate a pervert. How much better are you? Bigotry may not be your only problem.
IceCreamforBreakfast
Posts: 51
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 6:01:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 5:34:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 3/6/2015 5:07:19 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 3/6/2015 4:55:05 PM, Harikrish wrote:
What you have missed is MCB has not rejected the perverted views of JW, he still quotes their flavour of interpretation.

I understand that MCB views himself as a faithful Jehovah's Witness despite no longer being supported by his faith. As an atheist, I am well aware what it's like to have views you cannot share with people of like minds, and how isolating and lonely that can be.

I can also respect anyone trying to hold a moral code on their own, despite strong pressure from the community to change it. That's regardless of the fact that I disagree with nearly everything MCB says.

MCB was expelled by the JW because he was a serial adulterer

...which I would say is nobody's business but his, and the people with whom he was in relationships with. Or are you trying to impose some received morality on this?

...he has not attended the JW meetings for over 7 years

A matter that I can only celebrate

so he is very rusty in his bible stuff.

...unlike 70% of American Christians, say?

He is on disability assistance and needs to supplement his income to be able to support them and himself.

...which is hard for anyone. And how is an impoverished individual taking advantage of peoples' credibility for donations worse than a fat corporate church doing it?

Both are unethical; but one is understandable.

Where did you get the impression MCB is upholding a moral code? He is preaching not practicing what he preaches. He was divorced 4 times for being a serial adulterer and a sexual pervert indulging in sodomy and oral sex , all unnatural acts according to the bible. You have compromised your moral values to accommodate a pervert. How much better are you? Bigotry may not be your only problem.

Congratulations, you have successfully talked yourself into disliking a complete stranger. Bigotry indeed.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 6:15:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 6:01:04 PM, IceCreamforBreakfast wrote:
At 3/6/2015 5:34:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 3/6/2015 5:07:19 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 3/6/2015 4:55:05 PM, Harikrish wrote:
What you have missed is MCB has not rejected the perverted views of JW, he still quotes their flavour of interpretation.

I understand that MCB views himself as a faithful Jehovah's Witness despite no longer being supported by his faith. As an atheist, I am well aware what it's like to have views you cannot share with people of like minds, and how isolating and lonely that can be.

I can also respect anyone trying to hold a moral code on their own, despite strong pressure from the community to change it. That's regardless of the fact that I disagree with nearly everything MCB says.

MCB was expelled by the JW because he was a serial adulterer

...which I would say is nobody's business but his, and the people with whom he was in relationships with. Or are you trying to impose some received morality on this?

...he has not attended the JW meetings for over 7 years

A matter that I can only celebrate

so he is very rusty in his bible stuff.

...unlike 70% of American Christians, say?

He is on disability assistance and needs to supplement his income to be able to support them and himself.

...which is hard for anyone. And how is an impoverished individual taking advantage of peoples' credibility for donations worse than a fat corporate church doing it?

Both are unethical; but one is understandable.

Where did you get the impression MCB is upholding a moral code? He is preaching not practicing what he preaches. He was divorced 4 times for being a serial adulterer and a sexual pervert indulging in sodomy and oral sex , all unnatural acts according to the bible. You have compromised your moral values to accommodate a pervert. How much better are you? Bigotry may not be your only problem.

Congratulations, you have successfully talked yourself into disliking a complete stranger. Bigotry indeed.

Get your definitions right first.

Bigotry: intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.

I have pointed to his hypocrisy and not our difference in opinions that one should be mindful of. A serial adulterer is not a difference in opinion. MCB has admitted he is a serial adulterer and a sexual pervert who indulged in sodomy and oral sex which is going against the teachings bible which he professes to follow. Self admitted facts are not opinions.
IceCreamforBreakfast
Posts: 51
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 6:22:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 6:15:48 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 3/6/2015 6:01:04 PM, IceCreamforBreakfast wrote:
At 3/6/2015 5:34:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 3/6/2015 5:07:19 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 3/6/2015 4:55:05 PM, Harikrish wrote:
What you have missed is MCB has not rejected the perverted views of JW, he still quotes their flavour of interpretation.

I understand that MCB views himself as a faithful Jehovah's Witness despite no longer being supported by his faith. As an atheist, I am well aware what it's like to have views you cannot share with people of like minds, and how isolating and lonely that can be.

I can also respect anyone trying to hold a moral code on their own, despite strong pressure from the community to change it. That's regardless of the fact that I disagree with nearly everything MCB says.

MCB was expelled by the JW because he was a serial adulterer

...which I would say is nobody's business but his, and the people with whom he was in relationships with. Or are you trying to impose some received morality on this?

...he has not attended the JW meetings for over 7 years

A matter that I can only celebrate

so he is very rusty in his bible stuff.

...unlike 70% of American Christians, say?

He is on disability assistance and needs to supplement his income to be able to support them and himself.

...which is hard for anyone. And how is an impoverished individual taking advantage of peoples' credibility for donations worse than a fat corporate church doing it?

Both are unethical; but one is understandable.

Where did you get the impression MCB is upholding a moral code? He is preaching not practicing what he preaches. He was divorced 4 times for being a serial adulterer and a sexual pervert indulging in sodomy and oral sex , all unnatural acts according to the bible. You have compromised your moral values to accommodate a pervert. How much better are you? Bigotry may not be your only problem.

Congratulations, you have successfully talked yourself into disliking a complete stranger. Bigotry indeed.

Get your definitions right first.

Bigotry: intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.

I have pointed to his hypocrisy and not our difference in opinions that one should be mindful of. A serial adulterer is not a difference in opinion. MCB has admitted he is a serial adulterer and a sexual pervert who indulged in sodomy and oral sex which is going against the teachings bible which he professes to follow. Self admitted facts are not opinions.

Oh, I know full well what it means.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 6:25:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 5:34:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Where did you get the impression MCB is upholding a moral code? He is preaching not practicing what he preaches. He was divorced 4 times for being a serial adulterer and a sexual pervert indulging in sodomy and oral sex , all unnatural acts according to the bible.

You know I mentioned I'm an atheist, right?

Is there some reason I should use ignorant bronze age West Asian sexual doctrines to form my moral views? Last year, some 78% of American men aged 30-39 received oral sex. So if oral sex is a perversion, it's a dominant one in the most Christian developed nation on earth. Anal sex is now around one in four in the same age range -- higher in the 86% Christian and largely Roman Catholic Brazil, where unmarried women prefer to avoid vaginal intercourse; and perhaps because of that, around 40% of married Brazilian couples engage in anal sex as a regular practice.

As far as I know, Roman Catholics still read the bible.

Fact: human sexuality is what it is. Whatever religious injunctions are prescribed about sex, adherents tend to keep them in the word more than in the deed.

You have compromised your moral values to accommodate a pervert. How much better are you? Bigotry may not be your only problem.

Harikrish, you have no idea how much I'm enjoying having someone so sexually and religiously intolerant tell me I'm a bigot for feeling compassion and a measure of respect for a lonely old disabled man of another faith.

Tell me again how bad I am, please. :)
IceCreamforBreakfast
Posts: 51
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 7:19:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 3:10:42 PM, YoshiBoy13 wrote:
When I say What is MCB's problem? I mean it in the most literal sense.
He is citing all these bible verses to attempt to prove his point, but he's not doing it very well. In fact, all he's really succeeded in doing is turning almost everyone on this website against him. So what is his problem - specifically, what's his problem when it comes to addressing these subjects?

I'm not in favour of him, I'm just thinking that there have got to be better ways to make his case than what he's doing at the moment.

Please feel free to post your opinions on what he's doing wrong in explaining his point, so he can make his point better, so we can actually understand what he's trying to say. If there's proof that what he's saying is genuinely 100% correct, then I'll probably agree with him. But he just isn't proving it - proving it well, at least. Currently, he's using the Bible as a source for showing that the Bible is true (or at least, his version of the JW's version of the Bible).

So what's he doing wrong? How can he change his attitude so the debates we make on the forums actually seem like genuine debates, instead of him just sloshing quotes around.

Really, I'm all for anything that will make him sound less bigoted.
Because if there's one thing we don't need here, it's bigots.

Personally I think Bendido is worse.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 11:57:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 3:10:42 PM, YoshiBoy13 wrote:
When I say What is MCB's problem? I mean it in the most literal sense.
He is citing all these bible verses to attempt to prove his point, but he's not doing it very well. In fact, all he's really succeeded in doing is turning almost everyone on this website against him. So what is his problem - specifically, what's his problem when it comes to addressing these subjects?

I'm not in favour of him, I'm just thinking that there have got to be better ways to make his case than what he's doing at the moment.

Please feel free to post your opinions on what he's doing wrong in explaining his point, so he can make his point better, so we can actually understand what he's trying to say. If there's proof that what he's saying is genuinely 100% correct, then I'll probably agree with him. But he just isn't proving it - proving it well, at least. Currently, he's using the Bible as a source for showing that the Bible is true (or at least, his version of the JW's version of the Bible).

So what's he doing wrong? How can he change his attitude so the debates we make on the forums actually seem like genuine debates, instead of him just sloshing quotes around.

Really, I'm all for anything that will make him sound less bigoted.
Because if there's one thing we don't need here, it's bigots.

You should be proud of yourself for starting a ring of gossiping. Did you know that gossip leads to better and better stories about the one you're gossiping about?

I remember being a major drug Lord in my small town after a kid got caught with some cheap marijuana that he supposedly got at a party of mine. A girlfriend of mine stole it from her father's stash that her and I smoked together.

There's a reason God kills all the flesh during this first age. Can you imagine all the great gossiping that could happen with all the modern technology we have today?
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2015 12:06:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 4:35:59 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 3/6/2015 4:25:24 PM, Harikrish wrote:
You having feelings for MCB who holds a narrow perverted view of Jesus and his ministry is not being bigoted. Being emotionally attached to a bigot may not qualify you as a bigot. But it shows your leanings are in bigotry.

I suppose they are, Harikrish!

I adore bigots for the same reason I love children and puppies. They have the most opportunity to grow...

...only, unlike children and puppies, you're allowed to yell at them and beat them.

Also, as an atheist who's just been accused of bigotry for liking an excommunicated JW proselyte...

I can only say thank you! We just never get compliments like that. :)

This thread is against Rules of Conduct. It's a thread directed at bad mouthing another member.

I like MCB.

And Ruv who says you can't yell and beat puppies? how else am i supposed to get them to stop pooping in the house or to eat all their greens?
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2015 1:42:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/7/2015 12:06:04 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

This thread is against Rules of Conduct. It's a thread directed at bad mouthing another member.

I agree. It borders on harassment.

I like MCB.

Me too.:)

And Ruv who says you can't yell and beat puppies? how else am i supposed to get them to stop pooping in the house or to eat all their greens?

I had a housemate like that once, too, Mhykiel. I chained him in the basement, the easier to yell at him and beat him. But apparently at least one of those things was illegal. :( So now I try and play it safe, and only kidnap bigots.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2015 1:51:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/7/2015 1:42:06 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 3/7/2015 12:06:04 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

This thread is against Rules of Conduct. It's a thread directed at bad mouthing another member.

I agree. It borders on harassment.

I like MCB.

Me too.:)

And Ruv who says you can't yell and beat puppies? how else am i supposed to get them to stop pooping in the house or to eat all their greens?

I had a housemate like that once, too, Mhykiel. I chained him in the basement, the easier to yell at him and beat him. But apparently at least one of those things was illegal. :( So now I try and play it safe, and only kidnap bigots.

Like me, MCB is used to gossipers.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2015 2:00:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/7/2015 1:51:33 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Like me, MCB is used to gossipers.

Well, you are commonly considered a total whackjob, BoG, and members aren't afraid to point that out. However you have said the nicest thing to me any person of faith has said on this site.

So if our ratbags can be such decent people, then we owe it to decency itself not to treat every ratbag as the sum of their ratbag beliefs. :)
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2015 2:38:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/7/2015 2:00:10 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 3/7/2015 1:51:33 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Like me, MCB is used to gossipers.

Well, you are commonly considered a total whackjob, BoG, and members aren't afraid to point that out. However you have said the nicest thing to me any person of faith has said on this site.

So if our ratbags can be such decent people, then we owe it to decency itself not to treat every ratbag as the sum of their ratbag beliefs. :)

Consider the members who point me out my friend. My friends don't do that and I have hundreds of friends now since I've been sharing good news with them.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2015 2:45:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/7/2015 2:38:54 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Consider the members who point me out my friend. My friends don't do that and I have hundreds of friends now since I've been sharing good news with them.

Could I think you crazy but nice? Not necessarily to be agreed with, but undeserving of cruelty, harassment or hate?

I mean, if I'm going to be destroyed anyway, in the long term what I think doesn't matter. But is it okay if I disagree with you for now and occasionally make jokes about it, but like you anyway until then?
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2015 2:47:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
MCB has been thoroughly brainwashed by the very nasty JW cult. Spouting their unpleasant nonsense on this forum has made him look totally crazy!
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2015 3:02:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/7/2015 2:47:52 AM, JJ50 wrote:
MCB has been thoroughly brainwashed by the very nasty JW cult. Spouting their unpleasant nonsense on this forum has made him look totally crazy!

Well, it's more the fact that he makes up his own definitions and rules as he goes along, then when that fails, he'll just say that Jesus or Paul or Matthew or whoever got it wrong, either due to anger or ignorance. And through it all, he'll say it's "obvious" or "very clear" or "as plain as day". In true WatchTower tradition, he employs those words/phrases right before he's fixin' to unload some BS.

Here lately we've learned that Jesus only taught by way of illustration! Whenever He made a plain statement, He wasn't teaching anything, as per MCB.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2015 3:04:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/7/2015 12:06:04 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 3/6/2015 4:35:59 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 3/6/2015 4:25:24 PM, Harikrish wrote:
You having feelings for MCB who holds a narrow perverted view of Jesus and his ministry is not being bigoted. Being emotionally attached to a bigot may not qualify you as a bigot. But it shows your leanings are in bigotry.

I suppose they are, Harikrish!

I adore bigots for the same reason I love children and puppies. They have the most opportunity to grow...

...only, unlike children and puppies, you're allowed to yell at them and beat them.

Also, as an atheist who's just been accused of bigotry for liking an excommunicated JW proselyte...

I can only say thank you! We just never get compliments like that. :)

This thread is against Rules of Conduct. It's a thread directed at bad mouthing another member.

No, it's not. It could just as well consist of compliments.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2015 9:07:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/7/2015 3:02:06 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 3/7/2015 2:47:52 AM, JJ50 wrote:
MCB has been thoroughly brainwashed by the very nasty JW cult. Spouting their unpleasant nonsense on this forum has made him look totally crazy!

Well, it's more the fact that he makes up his own definitions and rules as he goes along, then when that fails, he'll just say that Jesus or Paul or Matthew or whoever got it wrong, either due to anger or ignorance. And through it all, he'll say it's "obvious" or "very clear" or "as plain as day". In true WatchTower tradition, he employs those words/phrases right before he's fixin' to unload some BS.

Here lately we've learned that Jesus only taught by way of illustration! Whenever He made a plain statement, He wasn't teaching anything, as per MCB.

Both are asking for donations on their sites. It appears Christians are willing to pay for their brand of Christianity especially if they are suffering from mental disorders and are clinical depressed, suicidal or recovering alcoholics. Divorced and homeless holds a special attraction with Christians. Anyone figured out Christian humour?
YoshiBoy13
Posts: 96
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2015 12:22:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/7/2015 3:04:58 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 3/7/2015 12:06:04 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 3/6/2015 4:35:59 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 3/6/2015 4:25:24 PM, Harikrish wrote:
You having feelings for MCB who holds a narrow perverted view of Jesus and his ministry is not being bigoted. Being emotionally attached to a bigot may not qualify you as a bigot. But it shows your leanings are in bigotry.

I suppose they are, Harikrish!

I adore bigots for the same reason I love children and puppies. They have the most opportunity to grow...

...only, unlike children and puppies, you're allowed to yell at them and beat them.

Also, as an atheist who's just been accused of bigotry for liking an excommunicated JW proselyte...

I can only say thank you! We just never get compliments like that. :)

This thread is against Rules of Conduct. It's a thread directed at bad mouthing another member.

No, it's not. It could just as well consist of compliments.

I apologise if this thread has caused any offence, but this wasn't my intention when creating it. I was intending to get a general consensus to help him form his arguments better.
Again, I'm sorry if the topic rubbed anyone up the wrong way, I wasn't intending it to be so.
- Just because you're narrow-minded doesn't mean you're always right.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2015 12:25:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/7/2015 2:45:05 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 3/7/2015 2:38:54 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Consider the members who point me out my friend. My friends don't do that and I have hundreds of friends now since I've been sharing good news with them.

Could I think you crazy but nice? Not necessarily to be agreed with, but undeserving of cruelty, harassment or hate?

I mean, if I'm going to be destroyed anyway, in the long term what I think doesn't matter. But is it okay if I disagree with you for now and occasionally make jokes about it, but like you anyway until then?

You an make jokes about me or the knowledge I possess. Have I ever told you that you couldn't?
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2015 12:26:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/7/2015 12:22:14 PM, YoshiBoy13 wrote:
At 3/7/2015 3:04:58 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 3/7/2015 12:06:04 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 3/6/2015 4:35:59 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 3/6/2015 4:25:24 PM, Harikrish wrote:
You having feelings for MCB who holds a narrow perverted view of Jesus and his ministry is not being bigoted. Being emotionally attached to a bigot may not qualify you as a bigot. But it shows your leanings are in bigotry.

I suppose they are, Harikrish!

I adore bigots for the same reason I love children and puppies. They have the most opportunity to grow...

...only, unlike children and puppies, you're allowed to yell at them and beat them.

Also, as an atheist who's just been accused of bigotry for liking an excommunicated JW proselyte...

I can only say thank you! We just never get compliments like that. :)

This thread is against Rules of Conduct. It's a thread directed at bad mouthing another member.

No, it's not. It could just as well consist of compliments.

I apologise if this thread has caused any offence, but this wasn't my intention when creating it. I was intending to get a general consensus to help him form his arguments better.
Again, I'm sorry if the topic rubbed anyone up the wrong way, I wasn't intending it to be so.

Most people don't realize that they can't change God's will.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2015 12:28:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/7/2015 9:07:45 AM, Harikrish wrote:
At 3/7/2015 3:02:06 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 3/7/2015 2:47:52 AM, JJ50 wrote:
MCB has been thoroughly brainwashed by the very nasty JW cult. Spouting their unpleasant nonsense on this forum has made him look totally crazy!

Well, it's more the fact that he makes up his own definitions and rules as he goes along, then when that fails, he'll just say that Jesus or Paul or Matthew or whoever got it wrong, either due to anger or ignorance. And through it all, he'll say it's "obvious" or "very clear" or "as plain as day". In true WatchTower tradition, he employs those words/phrases right before he's fixin' to unload some BS.

Here lately we've learned that Jesus only taught by way of illustration! Whenever He made a plain statement, He wasn't teaching anything, as per MCB.

Both are asking for donations on their sites. It appears Christians are willing to pay for their brand of Christianity especially if they are suffering from mental disorders and are clinical depressed, suicidal or recovering alcoholics. Divorced and homeless holds a special attraction with Christians. Anyone figured out Christian humour?

It won't be long before no one wants you in this forum with your insults and accusations of other members. Keep doing what God has made you to do and you will soon learn that you don't know who our God is.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2015 12:43:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/7/2015 12:22:14 PM, YoshiBoy13 wrote:
At 3/7/2015 3:04:58 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 3/7/2015 12:06:04 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 3/6/2015 4:35:59 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 3/6/2015 4:25:24 PM, Harikrish wrote:
You having feelings for MCB who holds a narrow perverted view of Jesus and his ministry is not being bigoted. Being emotionally attached to a bigot may not qualify you as a bigot. But it shows your leanings are in bigotry.

I suppose they are, Harikrish!

I adore bigots for the same reason I love children and puppies. They have the most opportunity to grow...

...only, unlike children and puppies, you're allowed to yell at them and beat them.

Also, as an atheist who's just been accused of bigotry for liking an excommunicated JW proselyte...

I can only say thank you! We just never get compliments like that. :)

This thread is against Rules of Conduct. It's a thread directed at bad mouthing another member.

No, it's not. It could just as well consist of compliments.

I apologise if this thread has caused any offence, but this wasn't my intention when creating it. I was intending to get a general consensus to help him form his arguments better.
Again, I'm sorry if the topic rubbed anyone up the wrong way, I wasn't intending it to be so.
What you have done is expose one of the two preachers (MCB and BOG) obsession and absorption with the God of the Bible. You showed that they are suffering from a Christian hangover. This forum attracts a lot of Christians and seeing how the stronger the belief in the God of the bible causes believers like MCB and BIG to become clinically depressed, suicidal and out of control alcoholics can cause Christians to pause before hanging themselves or reaching out for the next bottle of alcohol. You are doing Christians a favour by calling out names. Expand the list and you will save more Christian lives. You don't have to apologize.