Jump to topic:

Religion is a life style

youngking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 2:56:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Let me start by saying I have no problem with religious people. Most of my family and some of my friends are extremely religious or are forced to be by their parents. I respect everyone's right to their own opinion. All of this being said it seems ridiculous to just believe in something without any solid proof, or any proof at all for that matter. I myself am an agnostic atheist. I do not believe in God, Gods, or any other principal of religion. I am strongly against the belief of a deity affecting someone's life and decisions. My question is: How can something that there is no actual proof of effect you life so dramatically?
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 5:58:03 PM
At 3/8/2015 2:56:15 PM, youngking wrote:
Let me start by saying I have no problem with religious people. Most of my family and some of my friends are extremely religious or are forced to be by their parents. I respect everyone's right to their own opinion. All of this being said it seems ridiculous to just believe in something without any solid proof, or any proof at all for that matter. I myself am an agnostic atheist. I do not believe in God, Gods, or any other principal of religion. I am strongly against the belief of a deity affecting someone's life and decisions. My question is: How can something that there is no actual proof of effect you life so dramatically?

It's the nature of belief. If you believe something to be true, you act and live your life as if it is true. Have you never believed in something which you later found out to be false? Whilst you had the belief you could behave no other way but based on its truth value, by definition.

A better question might be, how does a theist come to their beliefs when there is no actual proof? That question too has an answer. It's called indoctrinating them young. It's no coincidence that most theists have the same religion as their parents and their community. Religion is largely a question of geography. If you are born in a certain place and a certain time, say Iran for example, you will be a Muslim with 99% certainty.
Angry_Bird
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 6:06:46 PM

Let me start by saying I HAVE A PROBLEM with "religious" People. { centralised, controled, and organized}
Most of my family and some of my friends are extremely religious,or were/are forced by their parents.

I respect everyone has a right to their own opinion, though I do not necessarily respect what that opinion is.

IT IS ridiculous to believe in something without any solid proof, or any proof at all for that matter.

According to the bible there is no blind faith in the Christian walk, and all Christians know the truth {Jesus}, it makes sense to meet the your bridegroom before the wedding. the one thousand year {millennium} wedding celebration, and moving into a new eternal heavenly home,

So whilst he's preparing a place for his bride, the bride remains faithful out of love {second mile} and not duty {first mile, works, religion}

Proof ?.. this proof doesn't come from man, nor can it be found, it is given to the "elect" by the father as a gift to his bridegroom son,

Amazing Grace !.. {it dramatically gives life where there was none}
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 11:07:05 PM

Do you like science and understand anything about quantum mechanics?
frbnsn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2015 6:55:15 AM
At 3/8/2015 11:07:05 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Right.
If there is not proof, it is meaningless believing in something or someone, of course.
But it can not be for everyone, some believers have own proofs.

According to me, this universe has been created by an almighty being and each development means that solving secret He/she put into the universe.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2015 7:00:01 AM

I was a believer when young, having been told I would go to hell if I didn't get 'saved'. However, having lost my faith I find it hard to understand how some people can base their life and decisions on less than credible stories featured in the Bible.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2015 1:30:32 PM
At 3/9/2015 6:55:15 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 3/8/2015 11:07:05 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Right.
If there is not proof, it is meaningless believing in something or someone, of course.
But it can not be for everyone, some believers have own proofs.

According to me, this universe has been created by an almighty being and each development means that solving secret He/she put into the universe.

I know the almighty being that created everything. I've being used to write and speak for Him. He's the one who has used the modern technology to teach me exactly how He put everything together to make us believer we're living in a real world.