Jump to topic:

Does god watch humans in amusement?

TheJuniorVarsityNovice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2015 8:33:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
God sits upon his throne yet another day. Another young woman raped, another brother dead, another kiler formed. The world lives in nearly unadulterated shame and humiliation while god eagerly watches in amusement. Perhaps humanity has failed and god has decided to simply watch his creation implode, of course, only after their self inflicted punishment right? Where is this supposed god? Why does he sit idle while people starve in north Korea, mean while a privileged western child prays for and receives his precious iphone, xbox and computer. To those who are religious, why is god idle? As the ultimate master of the universe and bestower of morality, how can he accept tragic and repetitious destruction of innocence that is no doubt occurring as we speak? Is god simply watching in amusment?
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2015 8:47:10 PM
At 3/9/2015 8:33:34 PM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
God sits upon his throne yet another day. Another young woman raped, another brother dead, another kiler formed. The world lives in nearly unadulterated shame and humiliation while god eagerly watches in amusement. Perhaps humanity has failed and god has decided to simply watch his creation implode, of course, only after their self inflicted punishment right? Where is this supposed god? Why does he sit idle while people starve in north Korea, mean while a privileged western child prays for and receives his precious iphone, xbox and computer. To those who are religious, why is god idle? As the ultimate master of the universe and bestower of morality, how can he accept tragic and repetitious destruction of innocence that is no doubt occurring as we speak? Is god simply watching in amusment?

Amusement? Tell me where God should begin and end His involvement please, and if you don't believe He should end it tell me why, be specific if you don't mind....

Give me an example of how God would alleviate symptoms in North Korea without ending the root problems?
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2015 8:51:54 PM
I shouldn't have to be the one who decides when god should or could act. I am simply pondering the circumstances and questioning the motives of a being of pure morality who would watch human events unfold in the manner in which they do. The point is, the problem should be fixed and is not. If god wishes to do something it shall be done and thus I must wonder why he allows atrocities
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2015 9:02:34 PM
Assuming we are talking about an all powerful God.

A God who does not act looks exactly like the same as a God who does not exist.

Whether the inaction of said God is because it chooses not too or does not exist in the first place the result is still the same.

So on a practical matter it doesn't make a difference.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2015 9:30:35 PM
At 3/9/2015 8:47:10 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Amusement? Tell me where God should begin and end His involvement please, and if you don't believe He should end it tell me why, be specific if you don't mind....

Give me an example of how God would alleviate symptoms in North Korea without ending the root problems?

Are you saying that an omniscient, omnipotent God is incapable of such feats?

We can't tell you because we are not all knowing and all powerful.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2015 9:43:43 PM
What if God and Humanity are one and the same thing? That God only can do "miracles" in these times of early human civilized development, i.e. an event exceeding natural explanations only here and there, just as humans can only bring miraculous cures here and there. What if the whole Plan of Creation was to produce God out of humanity? and Once produced THEY have other things to do? "Been there, done that" kinda thinking on THEIR part..

Here's what the Gospel of Humanity has to say about this: http://biomystic.org...
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 8:27:46 PM
At 3/9/2015 9:30:35 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 3/9/2015 8:47:10 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Are you saying that an omniscient, omnipotent God is incapable of such feats?

Answer the question then....

We can't tell you because we are not all knowing and all powerful.

You never answered the question as the question is relevant as all will produces lawful entry, I repeat my question....why should God remove the symptoms when the symptoms are there because of roots?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 8:29:58 PM

God wasn't idle when He created His program called Eternal Life. Now He can comfortably observe His created people experience life in His make-believe world.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 8:30:13 PM
God sits upon his throne yet another day. Another young woman raped, another brother dead, another kiler formed. The world lives in nearly unadulterated shame and humiliation while god eagerly watches in amusement. Perhaps humanity has failed and god has decided to simply watch his creation implode, of course, only after their self inflicted punishment right? Where is this supposed god? Why does he sit idle while people starve in north Korea, mean while a privileged western child prays for and receives his precious iphone, xbox and computer. To those who are religious, why is god idle? As the ultimate master of the universe and bestower of morality, how can he accept tragic and repetitious destruction of innocence that is no doubt occurring as we speak? Is god simply watching in amusment?:

God wasn't idle when He created His program called Eternal Life. Now He can comfortably observe His created people experience life in His make-believe world.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 8:44:58 PM
At 3/10/2015 8:30:13 PM, bornofgod wrote:
God sits upon his throne yet another day. Another young woman raped, another brother dead, another kiler formed. The world lives in nearly unadulterated shame and humiliation while god eagerly watches in amusement. Perhaps humanity has failed and god has decided to simply watch his creation implode, of course, only after their self inflicted punishment right? Where is this supposed god? Why does he sit idle while people starve in north Korea, mean while a privileged western child prays for and receives his precious iphone, xbox and computer. To those who are religious, why is god idle? As the ultimate master of the universe and bestower of morality, how can he accept tragic and repetitious destruction of innocence that is no doubt occurring as we speak? Is god simply watching in amusment?:

All you do is clutter up every single thread you post on and repeat the same crap over and over, when are you going to get a life?? Are you really that bored? If I was that bored at your age I would consider that a real problem...
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 8:47:59 PM
At 3/10/2015 8:44:58 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

All you do is clutter up every single thread you post on and repeat the same crap over and over, when are you going to get a life?? Are you really that bored? If I was that bored at your age I would consider that a real problem...

I don't clutter anything in this forum. My post was about your thread. It's antichrists like you who clutter it up by derailing the threads I'm in.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 8:53:33 PM
At 3/10/2015 8:47:59 PM, bornofgod wrote:

I don't clutter anything in this forum. My post was about your thread. It's antichrists like you who clutter it up by derailing the threads I'm in.

Yes you do, and I'm gonna give you the chance to support the notion that I'm an "antichrist" and that I derail threads.........
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 8:59:26 PM
At 3/10/2015 8:53:33 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Yes you do, and I'm gonna give you the chance to support the notion that I'm an "antichrist" and that I derail threads.........

And I want you to put ALL your balls into this, as I am curious about how you plan on supporting that :)
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 9:06:31 PM
At 3/10/2015 8:59:26 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

And I want you to put ALL your balls into this, as I am curious about how you plan on supporting that :)

If you were God's chosen believers who listen to Christ ( knowledge of God ), then I wouldn't call you an antichrist.
ReformedPresbyterian72598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 9:11:17 PM

You fail to understand something about God being all powerful. He does not watch in amusement, but in triumph. If you read Proverbs, and especially Isaiah 45:7, God commands these things to happen. Does that mean He is the root of evil? Oho, no sir. Rather, is it not interesting that we have this capability of doing evil? He commands this to happen to prove just how hopeless, rotten, selfish, evil, and corrupt we are, and can be. This shows us that we are nothing without God. In the classic sense, this is where the term an awful apprehension of God is. If your so worried about it get off you computer, maybe? And, another thing, delve deeper into theology before you criticize what you falsely assume to be prayer, or etc.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 9:12:10 PM
At 3/10/2015 9:06:31 PM, bornofgod wrote:

If you were God's chosen believers who listen to Christ ( knowledge of God ), then I wouldn't call you an antichrist.

I do listen to Christ (knowledge of God), I asked you to support your assertion with something tangible, you can't and you assume because you have no real testimony... I'm gonna give you another chance to prove what you said, this time put some balls into it, what you provided was weak, and weak is being nice :)
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 9:16:10 PM
At 3/10/2015 9:12:10 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

I do listen to Christ (knowledge of God), I asked you to support your assertion with something tangible, you can't and you assume because you have no real testimony... I'm gonna give you another chance to prove what you said, this time put some balls into it, what you provided was weak, and weak is being nice :)

If you're one of God's chosen believers who listen to the gospel ( Christ ) that us saints preach, then start listening and stop arguing with Me.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 9:18:06 PM
At 3/10/2015 9:16:10 PM, bornofgod wrote:

If you're one of God's chosen believers who listen to the gospel ( Christ ) that us saints preach, then start listening and stop arguing with Me.

And how am I arguing lol? You provided nothing to argue about except some weak assertions :)
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 9:21:59 PM
At 3/10/2015 9:18:06 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
God sits upon his throne yet another day. Another young woman raped, another brother dead, another kiler formed. The world lives in nearly unadulterated has failed and god has decided to simply watch his creation implode, of course, only after their self inflicted punishment right? Where is this supposed god? Why does he sit idle while people starve in north Korea, mean while a privileged western child prays for and receives his precious iphone, xbox and computer. To those who are religious, why is god idle? As the ultimate master of the universe and bestower of shame and humiliation while god eagerly watches in amusement. Perhaps humanity morality, how can he accept tragic and repetitious destruction of innocence that is no doubt occurring as we speak? Is god simply watching in amusment?:

And how am I arguing lol? You provided nothing to argue about except some weak assertions :)

Start listening then.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 9:22:40 PM
At 3/10/2015 9:21:59 PM, bornofgod wrote:
God sits upon his throne yet another day. Another young woman raped, another brother dead, another kiler formed. The world lives in nearly unadulterated has failed and god has decided to simply watch his creation implode, of course, only after their self inflicted punishment right? Where is this supposed god? Why does he sit idle while people starve in north Korea, mean while a privileged western child prays for and receives his precious iphone, xbox and computer. To those who are religious, why is god idle? As the ultimate master of the universe and bestower of shame and humiliation while god eagerly watches in amusement. Perhaps humanity morality, how can he accept tragic and repetitious destruction of innocence that is no doubt occurring as we speak? Is god simply watching in amusment?:

Start listening then.

And that's what I thought.....
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 9:24:46 PM
At 3/10/2015 9:22:40 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Start listening then.

Here's a starter;

End of Age
http://www.debate.org...

Life after death video;

The future;

What is a sinner;

The gospel of Brad;

Gospel, Voice of the Lord and Word of the Lord

What does the "virgin" mean in Isaiah 7:14?

Who are we?
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 9:29:13 PM
At 3/10/2015 9:24:46 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Start listening then.

Here's a starter;

End of Age

Life after death video;

The future;

What is a sinner;

The gospel of Brad;

Who are we?

Already seen it and already heard it next...please support your assertions here or get out. You can avoid it all you like but the writing never hides. This thread provides proof that you are full of dung.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 9:38:36 PM
At 3/10/2015 9:29:13 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Start listening then.

Here's a starter;

End of Age

Life after death video;

The future;

What is a sinner;

The gospel of Brad;

Who are we?

Already seen it and already heard it next...please support your assertions here or get out. You can avoid it all you like but the writing never hides. This thread provides proof that you are full of dung.

And BTW, nice derailing of the thread :)
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 9:41:23 PM
At 3/10/2015 9:38:36 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Start listening then.

Here's a starter;

End of Age

Life after death video;

The future;

What is a sinner;

The gospel of Brad;

Who are we?

You're the one who derailed it. I was posting some knowledge that corresponds with the thread. If you would have asked me questions related to my post, I would have shared even more knowledge with you. But NO, you had to derail the thread instead.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 9:55:54 PM
At 3/10/2015 9:41:23 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Start listening then.

Here's a starter;

End of Age

Life after death video;

The future;

What is a sinner;

The gospel of Brad;

Who are we?

You're the one who derailed it. I was posting some knowledge that corresponds with the thread. If you would have asked me questions related to my post, I would have shared even more knowledge with you. But NO, you had to derail the thread instead.

No you posted nothing that "corresponds" as this is no "make believe world", in general I want to know why you clutter threads with irrelevant crap that everyone notices, you then asserted claims you have yet to support, like I'm an "anti-Christ" and that I "derail threads that you are in" so how about some support for that???
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 10:25:15 PM
At 3/10/2015 9:55:54 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Start listening then.

Here's a starter;

End of Age

Life after death video;

The future;

What is a sinner;

The gospel of Brad;

Who are we?

No you posted nothing that "corresponds" as this is no "make believe world", in general I want to know why you clutter threads with irrelevant crap that everyone notices, you then asserted claims you have yet to support, like I'm an "anti-Christ" and that I "derail threads that you are in" so how about some support for that???

I'm waiting......I'd like to know specifically how I'm an "ant-Christ" lol?? This I gotta know.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 10:26:43 PM

Start listening then.

Here's a starter;

End of Age

Life after death video;

The future;

What is a sinner;

The gospel of Brad;

Who are we?

All you have to do is ask me a serous question about the knowledge of God that I possess. You don't have to continue arguing and derailing this thread.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 10:28:36 PM
At 3/10/2015 10:26:43 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Start listening then.

Here's a starter;

End of Age

Life after death video;

The future;

What is a sinner;

The gospel of Brad;

Who are we?

All you have to do is ask me a serous question about the knowledge of God that I possess. You don't have to continue arguing and derailing this thread.

I'd like to know how I am an "anti-Christ"? derailing the thread is already done.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 10:28:37 PM
At 3/10/2015 10:25:15 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Start listening then.

Here's a starter;

End of Age

Life after death video;

The future;

What is a sinner;

The gospel of Brad;

Who are we?

I'm waiting......I'd like to know specifically how I'm an "ant-Christ" lol?? This I gotta know.

I already told you but you must have missed it. Go back and read all my posts. Why don't you start reading and listening to all my testimonies to the Word of God in this forum. This will help you understand who I AM.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 10:32:14 PM
At 3/10/2015 10:28:37 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 3/10/2015 10:25:15 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Start listening then.

Here's a starter;

End of Age

Life after death video;

The future;

What is a sinner;

The gospel of Brad;

Who are we?

I already told you but you must have missed it. Go back and read all my posts. Why don't you start reading and listening to all my testimonies to the Word of God in this forum. This will help you understand who I AM.

I'd like to know how I am an "anti-Christ"? and I would like to see the "threads" that I've supposedly derailed......