Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Why do humans get upset when you tease them?

Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 2:31:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Why do humans get upset when teased about their make believe and pretend concepts?

I already know the answer.

Just putting it OUT THERE for debate or discussion in case there are a few interested in growing up and getting a grown up clue or too..

Any opinions?
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 4:31:33 AM
At 3/10/2015 4:30:05 AM, Garbanza wrote:
http://psycnet.apa.org...

"The authors forward the hypothesis that social exclusion is experienced as painful because reactions to rejection are mediated by aspects of the physical pain system. The authors begin by presenting the theory that overlap between social and physical pain was an evolutionary development to aid social animals in responding to threats to inclusion. The authors then review evidence showing that humans demonstrate convergence between the 2 types of pain in thought, emotion, and behavior, and demonstrate, primarily through nonhuman animal research, that social and physical pain share common physiological mechanisms. Finally, the authors explore the implications of social pain theory for rejection-elicited aggression and physical pain disorders."
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 6:01:03 AM
seems a bit like a group of drunk scientists trying to come up with a theory of who is sober enough to drive.

What do I mean by that?

When the people doing the measuring and weighing are not 100% Honest and Truthful with their theories, tests and such, the outcome for a accurate starting point is whatever color and number the wheel of fortune stops at.

A bit like picking a starting point on a circle. Or if the glass is half full or half empty.

For the circle the professor will say that the starting point is where the cosmic pen started and the end is where it ends.

Now think on this. If that example is used then it would show that the beginning and the end are one and the same.

Now the other side would say something like this:

What if the circle was made with a inked stamper?

Where would the starting and ending points be?

BIG head answer is, in the same place as the other example as the evidence and tests show that if their is a hole of air that there just must be some cheese around it.

as for the glass, if it starts out empty then it ends up half full.

if it starts out full then it would be half empty.

But then quantum physics and mechanics comes into play with the time factor being mostly an illusion and from there it gets even all the more exciting...

The answers are right in front of us and only the few grown ups get it and the kids that study so outside the box that there is no box...

well they get a glimpse at God and then can decide if they want to go through the growing pains of growing up by leaving the childish ways behind them or return to their vomit as a stray dog might...

Hey folks, at least I pick on and tease everyone. I don't pick and choose or hold prejudiced views as that is of a superstitious nature and I don't do superstition anymore then I write letters to santa or the God that lives up in the sky.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 4:38:33 PM
At 3/10/2015 4:31:33 AM, Garbanza wrote:

"The authors forward the hypothesis that social exclusion is experienced as painful because reactions to rejection are mediated by aspects of the physical pain system. The authors begin by presenting the theory that overlap between social and physical pain was an evolutionary development to aid social animals in responding to threats to inclusion. The authors then review evidence showing that humans demonstrate convergence between the 2 types of pain in thought, emotion, and behavior, and demonstrate, primarily through nonhuman animal research, that social and physical pain share common physiological mechanisms. Finally, the authors explore the implications of social pain theory for rejection-elicited aggression and physical pain disorders."

Do you think teasing people makes them feel socially excluded?
If so, how does teasing socially exclude anyone?
Don't all get teased at some time during their lives?
I think if all get teased at some stage then none are socially excluded from teasing.

Teasing children out of their childishness helps them grow up and toughen up and stop being cry babies who cry about their emotional pains and that some "mean bullies" are making them feel like they are "different" or abnormal or something like that.

Now how about communicating with your own words instead of copying and pasting other peoples words?
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 4:57:39 PM
At 3/10/2015 6:01:03 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
seems a bit like a group of drunk scientists trying to come up with a theory of who is sober enough to drive.

What do I mean by that?

When the people doing the measuring and weighing are not 100% Honest and Truthful with their theories, tests and such, the outcome for a accurate starting point is whatever color and number the wheel of fortune stops at.

A bit like picking a starting point on a circle. Or if the glass is half full or half empty.

For the circle the professor will say that the starting point is where the cosmic pen started and the end is where it ends.

Now think on this. If that example is used then it would show that the beginning and the end are one and the same.

Now the other side would say something like this:

What if the circle was made with a inked stamper?

Where would the starting and ending points be?

BIG head answer is, in the same place as the other example as the evidence and tests show that if their is a hole of air that there just must be some cheese around it.

as for the glass, if it starts out empty then it ends up half full.

if it starts out full then it would be half empty.

But then quantum physics and mechanics comes into play with the time factor being mostly an illusion and from there it gets even all the more exciting...

The answers are right in front of us and only the few grown ups get it and the kids that study so outside the box that there is no box...

well they get a glimpse at God and then can decide if they want to go through the growing pains of growing up by leaving the childish ways behind them or return to their vomit as a stray dog might...

Hey folks, at least I pick on and tease everyone. I don't pick and choose or hold prejudiced views as that is of a superstitious nature and I don't do superstition anymore then I write letters to santa or the God that lives up in the sky.

People get upset when you point out how foolish their foolishness is because they have called it wisdom all their lives.
They study hard to learn it and then quote it like a parrot to make themselves appear educated.
They pay to get brainwashed by the club of their choice (religion or science or any other field) and work hard to learn the answers to the tests so they can get a printed certificate or trophy as a reward and frame it to prove they have a brain or some superior strength due to believing that without the certificate or trophies they have no proof of their intelligence or superiority.

Many people with degrees and papers get very offended and upset if you tell them you cannot see any proof of their intelligence or imply they are not thinking straight. They offer the papers and trophies as proof. They do not seem to be able to prove they have a brain or any other above average attributes any other way. They need peer acceptance to accept themselves and fell good about themselves. Teasing them makes them feel you do not accept them as equals.

However, teasing some people can also make them determined to grow up and become smarter than they are.
Those who already believe they are smarter than the teaser will simply ignore the teasing or put down the teaser as being stupid and not knowing what they are talking about.
Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 6:52:19 PM
At 3/11/2015 4:38:33 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 3/10/2015 4:31:33 AM, Garbanza wrote:

"teasing" is not just one thing. You can tease people in a friendly way that makes them feel included and happy. I don't think the OP is about that though. It's about teasing that makes people feel bad. I was just trying to point out that it's normal to feel pain in response to social events such as exclusion. I don't think it comes as a surprise to anyone that being socially humiliated is a painful experience for most people.

If so, how does teasing socially exclude anyone?
Don't all get teased at some time during their lives?
I think if all get teased at some stage then none are socially excluded from teasing.

The exclusion refers to an immediate, small group not patterns of a lifetime. A person can feel excluded and humiliated in a particular social group even if they're popular and included in other groups elsewhere.

Teasing children out of their childishness helps them grow up and toughen up and stop being cry babies who cry about their emotional pains and that some "mean bullies" are making them feel like they are "different" or abnormal or something like that.

Yeah, well, there's different kinds of teasing, and bullying is different from teasing anyway. I'm surprised you're conflating the two ideas.

Now how about communicating with your own words instead of copying and pasting other peoples words?

Sources. References. I'm a conduit for knowledge. :)
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 7:14:22 PM
At 3/11/2015 6:52:19 PM, Garbanza wrote:

"teasing" is not just one thing. You can tease people in a friendly way that makes them feel included and happy. I don't think the OP is about that though. It's about teasing that makes people feel bad. I was just trying to point out that it's normal to feel pain in response to social events such as exclusion. I don't think it comes as a surprise to anyone that being socially humiliated is a painful experience for most people.

Don't you think that most people have experienced being socially excluded in some way through their lives?

Don't you think feeling pain, emotionally and physically is part of living life?
Those who don't experience pain of any kind, are the dead.

The exclusion refers to an immediate, small group not patterns of a lifetime. A person can feel excluded and humiliated in a particular social group even if they're popular and included in other groups elsewhere.

That's normal. Birds of a feather flock together, yet even in flocking together there is an aspect of seclusion. Just take this site as an example. We all have similar interests when it comes to debate and discussion yet even in the similarities there are a vast amount of differences in views and opinions.
Many religious people have adopted the concept that rejection and seclusion makes them "specially chosen" people who are somehow more right than others. If that is the case, they should welcome exclusion, ridicule and rejection etc.
After all, we are all in the same boat when it comes to being rejected and excluded by some even if not by all.

Yeah, well, there's different kinds of teasing, and bullying is different from teasing anyway. I'm surprised you're conflating the two ideas.

I am not, but many who get teased and cry about it do conflate the ideas. They tend to see all teasing as bullying. Many people tend to see the negatives of life more than the positives.

So is Mr Google. Referencing "him" does not make one intelligent or capable of thinking for themselves.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 10:11:32 PM
I AM most overly wonderful and then some as the BIBLE tells me so...

Being a god of truth and reality is much better then worshiping make believe Gods.

and as for the BIG heads.

your swiss cheese theories don't impress me a bit.

being most overly wonderful and then some is Heaven on the mind as being FREE of the carnal minded superstitious mindset is the Way, the Truth and the Life.

Jesus teases this I know
for the scriptures tell me so
little minds to Him belong
they are weak but He is Strong

YES Jesus teases, yes Jesus teases, yes Jesus teases
the scriptures tell me so, ho ho ho
Mary Xmas and a snappy rapture
Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 10:26:43 PM
At 3/11/2015 7:14:22 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 3/11/2015 6:52:19 PM, Garbanza wrote:

Don't you think that most people have experienced being socially excluded in some way through their lives?

Yes probably.

Don't you think feeling pain, emotionally and physically is part of living life?
Those who don't experience pain of any kind, are the dead.

Yes, I'm sure you're right.

That's normal. Birds of a feather flock together, yet even in flocking together there is an aspect of seclusion. Just take this site as an example. We all have similar interests when it comes to debate and discussion yet even in the similarities there are a vast amount of differences in views and opinions.
Many religious people have adopted the concept that rejection and seclusion makes them "specially chosen" people who are somehow more right than others. If that is the case, they should welcome exclusion, ridicule and rejection etc.
After all, we are all in the same boat when it comes to being rejected and excluded by some even if not by all.

I don't think we're all in the same boat, necessarily, especially for specific situations. Perhaps the OP was in response to some particular people or discussion on DDO. I'm not aware of that. I was just answering in a general way.

I am not, but many who get teased and cry about it do conflate the ideas. They tend to see all teasing as bullying. Many people tend to see the negatives of life more than the positives.

So is Mr Google. Referencing "him" does not make one intelligent or capable of thinking for themselves.

That's true.