Total Posts:73|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Sodomite Suppression Act

Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 5:02:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

There are no words...
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Gentorev
Posts: 2,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 11:36:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/10/2015 5:02:57 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

There are no words...

Georgy Porgy poddin and pie
He kissed the girls and made them cry
And when the boys came out to play
He kissed them too, cos he was gay.
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 12:01:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/10/2015 5:02:57 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

There are no words...

It's good that he specified that we be shot in the head. He obviously knows that any other attempt to kill gay people will just cause us to split in two, like a starfish, thus doubling the number of sodomites. He should have specified silver bullets though, that was an oversight on his part.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 8:54:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/10/2015 5:02:57 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

There are no words...

Perhaps we should propose a Bigot Suppression Act?
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 9:22:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/10/2015 5:02:57 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

There are no words...

Oh, there are plenty, especially if one remembers God's viewpoint on the actions of those weak enough to give in to unnatural impulses.

After all, here we are discussing sex, not love and the two things are completely separate arguments.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 9:24:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/12/2015 9:22:37 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/10/2015 5:02:57 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

There are no words...

Oh, there are plenty, especially if one remembers God's viewpoint on the actions of those weak enough to give in to unnatural impulses.

After all, here we are discussing sex, not love and the two things are completely separate arguments.

He's advocating killing people who violate his religious rules.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 10:16:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/12/2015 9:24:04 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 3/12/2015 9:22:37 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/10/2015 5:02:57 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

There are no words...

Oh, there are plenty, especially if one remembers God's viewpoint on the actions of those weak enough to give in to unnatural impulses.

After all, here we are discussing sex, not love and the two things are completely separate arguments.

He's advocating killing people who violate his religious rules.

So is God, but he will send his son to do so, since has the right to do so, no human does.

Unlike false God's like Allah, he doesn't need people to do his dirty work for him.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 10:52:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/12/2015 8:54:13 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 3/10/2015 5:02:57 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

There are no words...

Perhaps we should propose a Bigot Suppression Act?

Lol, yea. But I'm not sure I could go as far as encouraging a bullet to their head.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 11:01:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/12/2015 9:22:37 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/10/2015 5:02:57 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

There are no words...

Oh, there are plenty, especially if one remembers God's viewpoint on the actions of those weak enough to give in to unnatural impulses.

After all, here we are discussing sex, not love and the two things are completely separate arguments.

I was really hoping no one would condone such an intolerant hatred based on ignorance. I was wrong.

Homosexuality does not appear to be a choice to me as nature and genetics have strongly suggested otherwise. I have an alternative idea: if you think someone should be "shot in the head" because of their views on homosexuality, then start with yourself.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 11:31:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/12/2015 10:52:50 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 8:54:13 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 3/10/2015 5:02:57 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

There are no words...

Perhaps we should propose a Bigot Suppression Act?

Lol, yea. But I'm not sure I could go as far as encouraging a bullet to their head.

Tempting as it is, neither could I. My godless moral code wouldn't allow it.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 11:42:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/12/2015 11:01:53 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 9:22:37 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/10/2015 5:02:57 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

There are no words...

Oh, there are plenty, especially if one remembers God's viewpoint on the actions of those weak enough to give in to unnatural impulses.

After all, here we are discussing sex, not love and the two things are completely separate arguments.

I was really hoping no one would condone such an intolerant hatred based on ignorance. I was wrong.

Homosexuality does not appear to be a choice to me as nature and genetics have strongly suggested otherwise. I have an alternative idea: if you think someone should be "shot in the head" because of their views on homosexuality, then start with yourself.

Homosexuality is a choice, and nothing but.

Nature has nothing to do with it. You cannot compare man, created with almost immeasurably more ability to choose and to control wrong impulses, with mere beasts, unless you are suggesting that is what we all are.

There is nothign wrong with lovng another man, but homosexuality is not about love, it is about sex, as the name states.

If we heterosexuals are expected to control our much more natural impulses, and we are, why should God not expect those who have wrong impulses n ot to?

As for Genetics, I cannot argue over that. We know sinful impulses have been passed down to us from Adam since his fall and through genetics is as much a possibility as any.

However it has been equally well demonstrated that some were more prone to criminality , murder, violence etc, even to excessive interest in heterosexual sex.

We are all supposed to control those impulses why should homosexuals be exempt?

It is an incredible example of discrimination to say they can get away with what no-one else can, just because they want to, or we don't want to be seen as homophobes by other weak minded individuals.

But of course you have never stopped to think of it in that light, but according to what you say no-one should be criticised for being a thief, a murderer, a paedophile or any of another of the many things that we apparently have a genetic, and certainly a sinful, tendency towards.

It is wrong to protect one group and not the others also.

Or do you want to continue the favouritism you espouse.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 11:45:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Homosexuality is totally normal there is nothing wrong with being gay. For all we know Jesus was gay, after all we are told he had a disciple whom he loved, presumably male!
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 12:32:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/12/2015 11:45:36 AM, JJ50 wrote:
Homosexuality is totally normal there is nothing wrong with being gay. For all we know Jesus was gay, after all we are told he had a disciple whom he loved, presumably male!

No, Jesus was not homosexual, Jesus loved all of his disciples, but it is true that he was closer to John than any.

Had he been homosexual he would have failed in his obedience to his father, and therefore we would be without the hope he bought us.

But again, Homosexuality is not about love, it is about sex.

We are all commanded to love each other fully and completely regardless of Gender (as ourselves).
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 12:35:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/12/2015 12:32:27 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/12/2015 11:45:36 AM, JJ50 wrote:
Homosexuality is totally normal there is nothing wrong with being gay. For all we know Jesus was gay, after all we are told he had a disciple whom he loved, presumably male!

No, Jesus was not homosexual, Jesus loved all of his disciples, but it is true that he was closer to John than any.

Had he been homosexual he would have failed in his obedience to his father, and therefore we would be without the hope he bought us.

But again, Homosexuality is not about love, it is about sex.

We are all commanded to love each other fully and completely regardless of Gender (as ourselves).

You have no idea of the sexuality of Jesus, he could have been married for all you know. You are obviously a bigot where homosexuality is concerned, which is no credit to you or the nasty cult you serve!
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 1:05:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/12/2015 11:42:42 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/12/2015 11:01:53 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 9:22:37 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/10/2015 5:02:57 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

There are no words...

Oh, there are plenty, especially if one remembers God's viewpoint on the actions of those weak enough to give in to unnatural impulses.

After all, here we are discussing sex, not love and the two things are completely separate arguments.

I was really hoping no one would condone such an intolerant hatred based on ignorance. I was wrong.

Homosexuality does not appear to be a choice to me as nature and genetics have strongly suggested otherwise. I have an alternative idea: if you think someone should be "shot in the head" because of their views on homosexuality, then start with yourself.

Homosexuality is a choice, and nothing but.

Nature has nothing to do with it. You cannot compare man, created with almost immeasurably more ability to choose and to control wrong impulses, with mere beasts, unless you are suggesting that is what we all are.

Yes, that is exactly what I am suggesting. Man is merely the most evolved beast.

There is nothign wrong with lovng another man, but homosexuality is not about love, it is about sex, as the name states.

What could show more love than a consensual act of intimacy? Sex can be that act.

If we heterosexuals are expected to control our much more natural impulses, and we are, why should God not expect those who have wrong impulses n ot to?

I suppose you think there should be a suppression of adultery act as well? How many Christians leave their spouses for reasons other than infidelity and remarry? Should we shoot them in the head as well? It is sheer intolerance and hypocrisy to suggest gays should be put to death and not heterosexual 'adulterers'.

As for Genetics, I cannot argue over that. We know sinful impulses have been passed down to us from Adam since his fall and through genetics is as much a possibility as any.

That is complete ignorance on your part. Genetics tells us that we have descended from as many as 10000 different individuals, not two. Also, we have learned from genetics that homosexuality can be linked to individual genes and the impulses to prefer same sex can be hereditary. It's like you think someone should be able to change their eye color.

However it has been equally well demonstrated that some were more prone to criminality , murder, violence etc, even to excessive interest in heterosexual sex.

We are all supposed to control those impulses why should homosexuals be exempt?

How is homosexuality wrong and how does it affect you or your rights in a negative way (other than bothering your delicate religious sensibilities)? FYI - anyone who encourages restriction of homosexuality for religious reasons is encouraging illegal activity here in the US.

It is an incredible example of discrimination to say they can get away with what no-one else can, just because they want to, or we don't want to be seen as homophobes by other weak minded individuals.

No, it is discrimination (and illegal) to hold them to your religious laws by way of legislation.

But of course you have never stopped to think of it in that light, but according to what you say no-one should be criticised for being a thief, a murderer, a paedophile or any of another of the many things that we apparently have a genetic, and certainly a sinful, tendency towards.

Strawman - I don't view homosexuality as an immoral act.

It is wrong to protect one group and not the others also.

I have no idea what your are talking about.

Or do you want to continue the favouritism you espouse.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 1:11:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/12/2015 11:31:40 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 3/12/2015 10:52:50 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 8:54:13 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 3/10/2015 5:02:57 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

There are no words...

Perhaps we should propose a Bigot Suppression Act?

Lol, yea. But I'm not sure I could go as far as encouraging a bullet to their head.

Tempting as it is, neither could I. My godless moral code wouldn't allow it.

What?! You have a moral code without a god?! OMG!! ;-)
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 1:13:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/12/2015 1:11:04 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 11:31:40 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 3/12/2015 10:52:50 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 8:54:13 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 3/10/2015 5:02:57 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

There are no words...

Perhaps we should propose a Bigot Suppression Act?

Lol, yea. But I'm not sure I could go as far as encouraging a bullet to their head.

Tempting as it is, neither could I. My godless moral code wouldn't allow it.

What?! You have a moral code without a god?! OMG!! ;-)

Yeah, incredible, ain't it? :)
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 1:39:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/12/2015 1:11:04 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 11:31:40 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 3/12/2015 10:52:50 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 8:54:13 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 3/10/2015 5:02:57 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

There are no words...

Perhaps we should propose a Bigot Suppression Act?

Lol, yea. But I'm not sure I could go as far as encouraging a bullet to their head.

Tempting as it is, neither could I. My godless moral code wouldn't allow it.

What?! You have a moral code without a god?! OMG!! ;-)

Everyone has a moral code of some sort, however far from what it should be it is.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 1:40:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/12/2015 1:05:33 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 11:42:42 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/12/2015 11:01:53 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 9:22:37 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/10/2015 5:02:57 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

There are no words...

Oh, there are plenty, especially if one remembers God's viewpoint on the actions of those weak enough to give in to unnatural impulses.

After all, here we are discussing sex, not love and the two things are completely separate arguments.

I was really hoping no one would condone such an intolerant hatred based on ignorance. I was wrong.

Homosexuality does not appear to be a choice to me as nature and genetics have strongly suggested otherwise. I have an alternative idea: if you think someone should be "shot in the head" because of their views on homosexuality, then start with yourself.

Homosexuality is a choice, and nothing but.

Nature has nothing to do with it. You cannot compare man, created with almost immeasurably more ability to choose and to control wrong impulses, with mere beasts, unless you are suggesting that is what we all are.

Yes, that is exactly what I am suggesting. Man is merely the most evolved beast.

There is nothign wrong with lovng another man, but homosexuality is not about love, it is about sex, as the name states.

What could show more love than a consensual act of intimacy? Sex can be that act.

If we heterosexuals are expected to control our much more natural impulses, and we are, why should God not expect those who have wrong impulses n ot to?

I suppose you think there should be a suppression of adultery act as well? How many Christians leave their spouses for reasons other than infidelity and remarry? Should we shoot them in the head as well? It is sheer intolerance and hypocrisy to suggest gays should be put to death and not heterosexual 'adulterers'.

As for Genetics, I cannot argue over that. We know sinful impulses have been passed down to us from Adam since his fall and through genetics is as much a possibility as any.

That is complete ignorance on your part. Genetics tells us that we have descended from as many as 10000 different individuals, not two. Also, we have learned from genetics that homosexuality can be linked to individual genes and the impulses to prefer same sex can be hereditary. It's like you think someone should be able to change their eye color.

However it has been equally well demonstrated that some were more prone to criminality , murder, violence etc, even to excessive interest in heterosexual sex.

We are all supposed to control those impulses why should homosexuals be exempt?

How is homosexuality wrong and how does it affect you or your rights in a negative way (other than bothering your delicate religious sensibilities)? FYI - anyone who encourages restriction of homosexuality for religious reasons is encouraging illegal activity here in the US.

It is an incredible example of discrimination to say they can get away with what no-one else can, just because they want to, or we don't want to be seen as homophobes by other weak minded individuals.

No, it is discrimination (and illegal) to hold them to your religious laws by way of legislation.

But of course you have never stopped to think of it in that light, but according to what you say no-one should be criticised for being a thief, a murderer, a paedophile or any of another of the many things that we apparently have a genetic, and certainly a sinful, tendency towards.

Strawman - I don't view homosexuality as an immoral act.

It is wrong to protect one group and not the others also.

I have no idea what your are talking about.

Then read my post, it is clear enough.


Or do you want to continue the favouritism you espouse.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 1:45:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/12/2015 1:39:26 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/12/2015 1:11:04 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 11:31:40 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 3/12/2015 10:52:50 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 8:54:13 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 3/10/2015 5:02:57 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

There are no words...

Perhaps we should propose a Bigot Suppression Act?

Lol, yea. But I'm not sure I could go as far as encouraging a bullet to their head.

Tempting as it is, neither could I. My godless moral code wouldn't allow it.

What?! You have a moral code without a god?! OMG!! ;-)

Everyone has a moral code of some sort, however far from what it should be it is.

I agree. Some of us know it is wrong to submit/condone legislation calling for death of individuals who have views which are contrary to our own and some do not.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 1:46:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/12/2015 1:40:13 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/12/2015 1:05:33 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 11:42:42 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/12/2015 11:01:53 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 9:22:37 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/10/2015 5:02:57 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

There are no words...

Oh, there are plenty, especially if one remembers God's viewpoint on the actions of those weak enough to give in to unnatural impulses.

After all, here we are discussing sex, not love and the two things are completely separate arguments.

I was really hoping no one would condone such an intolerant hatred based on ignorance. I was wrong.

Homosexuality does not appear to be a choice to me as nature and genetics have strongly suggested otherwise. I have an alternative idea: if you think someone should be "shot in the head" because of their views on homosexuality, then start with yourself.

Homosexuality is a choice, and nothing but.

Nature has nothing to do with it. You cannot compare man, created with almost immeasurably more ability to choose and to control wrong impulses, with mere beasts, unless you are suggesting that is what we all are.

Yes, that is exactly what I am suggesting. Man is merely the most evolved beast.

There is nothign wrong with lovng another man, but homosexuality is not about love, it is about sex, as the name states.

What could show more love than a consensual act of intimacy? Sex can be that act.

If we heterosexuals are expected to control our much more natural impulses, and we are, why should God not expect those who have wrong impulses n ot to?

I suppose you think there should be a suppression of adultery act as well? How many Christians leave their spouses for reasons other than infidelity and remarry? Should we shoot them in the head as well? It is sheer intolerance and hypocrisy to suggest gays should be put to death and not heterosexual 'adulterers'.

As for Genetics, I cannot argue over that. We know sinful impulses have been passed down to us from Adam since his fall and through genetics is as much a possibility as any.

That is complete ignorance on your part. Genetics tells us that we have descended from as many as 10000 different individuals, not two. Also, we have learned from genetics that homosexuality can be linked to individual genes and the impulses to prefer same sex can be hereditary. It's like you think someone should be able to change their eye color.

However it has been equally well demonstrated that some were more prone to criminality , murder, violence etc, even to excessive interest in heterosexual sex.

We are all supposed to control those impulses why should homosexuals be exempt?

How is homosexuality wrong and how does it affect you or your rights in a negative way (other than bothering your delicate religious sensibilities)? FYI - anyone who encourages restriction of homosexuality for religious reasons is encouraging illegal activity here in the US.

It is an incredible example of discrimination to say they can get away with what no-one else can, just because they want to, or we don't want to be seen as homophobes by other weak minded individuals.

No, it is discrimination (and illegal) to hold them to your religious laws by way of legislation.

But of course you have never stopped to think of it in that light, but according to what you say no-one should be criticised for being a thief, a murderer, a paedophile or any of another of the many things that we apparently have a genetic, and certainly a sinful, tendency towards.

Strawman - I don't view homosexuality as an immoral act.

It is wrong to protect one group and not the others also.

I have no idea what your are talking about.

Then read my post, it is clear enough.


Or do you want to continue the favouritism you espouse.

...Or you could read my responses to the coherent parts of your post and clarify the parts I did not understand.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 1:47:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/12/2015 12:35:58 PM, JJ50 wrote:
At 3/12/2015 12:32:27 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/12/2015 11:45:36 AM, JJ50 wrote:
Homosexuality is totally normal there is nothing wrong with being gay. For all we know Jesus was gay, after all we are told he had a disciple whom he loved, presumably male!

No, Jesus was not homosexual, Jesus loved all of his disciples, but it is true that he was closer to John than any.

Had he been homosexual he would have failed in his obedience to his father, and therefore we would be without the hope he bought us.

But again, Homosexuality is not about love, it is about sex.

We are all commanded to love each other fully and completely regardless of Gender (as ourselves).

You have no idea of the sexuality of Jesus, he could have been married for all you know. You are obviously a bigot where homosexuality is concerned, which is no credit to you or the nasty cult you serve!

Of course I do. He was a faithful worshipper of his father and as such could not possibly have had any wish to be either homosexual or even heterosexual outside of marriage, bot of which were equally condemned by his father as well as the Mosaic Law he adhered to.

I serve only God, his son and the bible, no humans whatever.

The fact that the JWs do also is to their credit, in God's eyes if not in the eyes of bigots like you. If supporting what God and Christ have both declared as their wishes for us in bigotry, than I am proud to be such.

Better than being one of Satan's bigots as you are.

Just because you are ignorant of God and Christ, and the moral standards they support which are obviously far higher than yours, and determined to stay so, does not mean others are also.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 1:49:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/12/2015 1:46:52 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 1:40:13 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/12/2015 1:05:33 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 11:42:42 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/12/2015 11:01:53 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 9:22:37 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/10/2015 5:02:57 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

There are no words...

Oh, there are plenty, especially if one remembers God's viewpoint on the actions of those weak enough to give in to unnatural impulses.

After all, here we are discussing sex, not love and the two things are completely separate arguments.

I was really hoping no one would condone such an intolerant hatred based on ignorance. I was wrong.

Homosexuality does not appear to be a choice to me as nature and genetics have strongly suggested otherwise. I have an alternative idea: if you think someone should be "shot in the head" because of their views on homosexuality, then start with yourself.

Homosexuality is a choice, and nothing but.

Nature has nothing to do with it. You cannot compare man, created with almost immeasurably more ability to choose and to control wrong impulses, with mere beasts, unless you are suggesting that is what we all are.

Yes, that is exactly what I am suggesting. Man is merely the most evolved beast.

There is nothign wrong with lovng another man, but homosexuality is not about love, it is about sex, as the name states.

What could show more love than a consensual act of intimacy? Sex can be that act.

If we heterosexuals are expected to control our much more natural impulses, and we are, why should God not expect those who have wrong impulses n ot to?

I suppose you think there should be a suppression of adultery act as well? How many Christians leave their spouses for reasons other than infidelity and remarry? Should we shoot them in the head as well? It is sheer intolerance and hypocrisy to suggest gays should be put to death and not heterosexual 'adulterers'.

As for Genetics, I cannot argue over that. We know sinful impulses have been passed down to us from Adam since his fall and through genetics is as much a possibility as any.

That is complete ignorance on your part. Genetics tells us that we have descended from as many as 10000 different individuals, not two. Also, we have learned from genetics that homosexuality can be linked to individual genes and the impulses to prefer same sex can be hereditary. It's like you think someone should be able to change their eye color.

However it has been equally well demonstrated that some were more prone to criminality , murder, violence etc, even to excessive interest in heterosexual sex.

We are all supposed to control those impulses why should homosexuals be exempt?

How is homosexuality wrong and how does it affect you or your rights in a negative way (other than bothering your delicate religious sensibilities)? FYI - anyone who encourages restriction of homosexuality for religious reasons is encouraging illegal activity here in the US.

It is an incredible example of discrimination to say they can get away with what no-one else can, just because they want to, or we don't want to be seen as homophobes by other weak minded individuals.

No, it is discrimination (and illegal) to hold them to your religious laws by way of legislation.

But of course you have never stopped to think of it in that light, but according to what you say no-one should be criticised for being a thief, a murderer, a paedophile or any of another of the many things that we apparently have a genetic, and certainly a sinful, tendency towards.

Strawman - I don't view homosexuality as an immoral act.

You may not. God and Christ do, and I adhere to their standards not the increasingly low standards of this world.

That makes you the straw man not me.


It is wrong to protect one group and not the others also.

I have no idea what your are talking about.

Then read my post, it is clear enough.


Or do you want to continue the favouritism you espouse.

...Or you could read my responses to the coherent parts of your post and clarify the parts I did not understand.

True.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 1:51:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/12/2015 1:45:33 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 1:39:26 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/12/2015 1:11:04 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 11:31:40 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 3/12/2015 10:52:50 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 8:54:13 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 3/10/2015 5:02:57 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

There are no words...

Perhaps we should propose a Bigot Suppression Act?

Lol, yea. But I'm not sure I could go as far as encouraging a bullet to their head.

Tempting as it is, neither could I. My godless moral code wouldn't allow it.

What?! You have a moral code without a god?! OMG!! ;-)

Everyone has a moral code of some sort, however far from what it should be it is.

I agree. Some of us know it is wrong to submit/condone legislation calling for death of individuals who have views which are contrary to our own and some do not.

I agree it would be wrong to support any human call for that, but I do support God's standards and his right, in his own due time, to have his son enforce them.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 1:56:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/12/2015 1:49:34 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/12/2015 1:46:52 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 1:40:13 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/12/2015 1:05:33 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 11:42:42 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/12/2015 11:01:53 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 9:22:37 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/10/2015 5:02:57 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

There are no words...

Oh, there are plenty, especially if one remembers God's viewpoint on the actions of those weak enough to give in to unnatural impulses.

After all, here we are discussing sex, not love and the two things are completely separate arguments.

I was really hoping no one would condone such an intolerant hatred based on ignorance. I was wrong.

Homosexuality does not appear to be a choice to me as nature and genetics have strongly suggested otherwise. I have an alternative idea: if you think someone should be "shot in the head" because of their views on homosexuality, then start with yourself.

Homosexuality is a choice, and nothing but.

Nature has nothing to do with it. You cannot compare man, created with almost immeasurably more ability to choose and to control wrong impulses, with mere beasts, unless you are suggesting that is what we all are.

Yes, that is exactly what I am suggesting. Man is merely the most evolved beast.

There is nothign wrong with lovng another man, but homosexuality is not about love, it is about sex, as the name states.

What could show more love than a consensual act of intimacy? Sex can be that act.

If we heterosexuals are expected to control our much more natural impulses, and we are, why should God not expect those who have wrong impulses n ot to?

I suppose you think there should be a suppression of adultery act as well? How many Christians leave their spouses for reasons other than infidelity and remarry? Should we shoot them in the head as well? It is sheer intolerance and hypocrisy to suggest gays should be put to death and not heterosexual 'adulterers'.

As for Genetics, I cannot argue over that. We know sinful impulses have been passed down to us from Adam since his fall and through genetics is as much a possibility as any.

That is complete ignorance on your part. Genetics tells us that we have descended from as many as 10000 different individuals, not two. Also, we have learned from genetics that homosexuality can be linked to individual genes and the impulses to prefer same sex can be hereditary. It's like you think someone should be able to change their eye color.

However it has been equally well demonstrated that some were more prone to criminality , murder, violence etc, even to excessive interest in heterosexual sex.

We are all supposed to control those impulses why should homosexuals be exempt?

How is homosexuality wrong and how does it affect you or your rights in a negative way (other than bothering your delicate religious sensibilities)? FYI - anyone who encourages restriction of homosexuality for religious reasons is encouraging illegal activity here in the US.

It is an incredible example of discrimination to say they can get away with what no-one else can, just because they want to, or we don't want to be seen as homophobes by other weak minded individuals.

No, it is discrimination (and illegal) to hold them to your religious laws by way of legislation.

But of course you have never stopped to think of it in that light, but according to what you say no-one should be criticised for being a thief, a murderer, a paedophile or any of another of the many things that we apparently have a genetic, and certainly a sinful, tendency towards.

Strawman - I don't view homosexuality as an immoral act.

You may not. God and Christ do, and I adhere to their standards not the increasingly low standards of this world.

That makes you the straw man not me.

Do you even know what a strawman is?

Strawman: a sham argument set up to be defeated.

You have argued I believe all immoral acts are amoral since I hold one of your immoral acts to be amoral. That is a strawman of my position.


It is wrong to protect one group and not the others also.

I have no idea what your are talking about.

Then read my post, it is clear enough.


Or do you want to continue the favouritism you espouse.

...Or you could read my responses to the coherent parts of your post and clarify the parts I did not understand.

True.

..and yet you have done neither. I believe I'll take that as a concession. Thank you for your time.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 2:01:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/12/2015 1:39:26 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/12/2015 1:11:04 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 11:31:40 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 3/12/2015 10:52:50 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 8:54:13 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 3/10/2015 5:02:57 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

There are no words...

Perhaps we should propose a Bigot Suppression Act?

Lol, yea. But I'm not sure I could go as far as encouraging a bullet to their head.

Tempting as it is, neither could I. My godless moral code wouldn't allow it.

What?! You have a moral code without a god?! OMG!! ;-)

Everyone has a moral code of some sort, however far from what it should be it is.

But who determines what it should be? Your psychopathic deity who destroys entire nations so his favored few could have it and even killed off the population of the world except for his favorite drunk and his family because he was miffed that no one was doing what he wanted? No thanks.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 2:03:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/12/2015 1:51:44 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/12/2015 1:45:33 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 1:39:26 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/12/2015 1:11:04 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 11:31:40 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 3/12/2015 10:52:50 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 8:54:13 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 3/10/2015 5:02:57 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

There are no words...

Perhaps we should propose a Bigot Suppression Act?

Lol, yea. But I'm not sure I could go as far as encouraging a bullet to their head.

Tempting as it is, neither could I. My godless moral code wouldn't allow it.

What?! You have a moral code without a god?! OMG!! ;-)

Everyone has a moral code of some sort, however far from what it should be it is.

I agree. Some of us know it is wrong to submit/condone legislation calling for death of individuals who have views which are contrary to our own and some do not.

I agree it would be wrong to support any human call for that,

Well that is refreshing. I was starting to think you were incapable of realizing the difference.

but I do support God's standards and his right, in his own due time, to have his son enforce them.

If his son enforces judgments such as killing all sinners for their transgressions (at least those calling for death by the Bible), then there will be a lot of surprised Christians. Homosexuality will be the least of your worries. Good luck with that.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 2:20:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/12/2015 1:05:33 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 11:42:42 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Nature has nothing to do with it. You cannot compare man, created with almost immeasurably more ability to choose and to control wrong impulses, with mere beasts, unless you are suggesting that is what we all are.

Yes, that is exactly what I am suggesting. Man is merely the most evolved beast.

According to you not that evolved either.

However if the God who could pass accurate, if sparse, details of the order in which the preparation of the earth was carried out, then I am happy to take his word for the rest of it.

Genesis 1, despite those who refuse to read it correctly insisting the opposite is, as far as it goes, a scientifically accurate account.

Those who refuse to rad it properly insist that verse 14 describes the creation of the son and moon whereas in fact it only describes the apparent creation of them when viewed from the surface of the earth, the viewpoint from which verse 2 onward are written.

They refuse to acknowledge it because they do not wish to acknowledge the existence of our creator, which betrays that, whatever they may claim, they have little real interest in truth or understanding.


There is nothing wrong with lovng another man, but homosexuality is not about love, it is about sex, as the name states.

What could show more love than a consensual act of intimacy? Sex can be that act.

Abstaining from sexual acts when they are wrong shows love, performing them simply shows physical desire.

How do you think others for whom sex is not an opinion, through physical limitations perhaps, show love for each other?

In fact sex has absolutely nothing to do with love. It is this corrupted world that teaches us that it does.


If we heterosexuals are expected to control our much more natural impulses, and we are, why should God not expect those who have wrong impulses n ot to?

I suppose you think there should be a suppression of adultery act as well? How many Christians leave their spouses for reasons other than infidelity and remarry? Should we shoot them in the head as well? It is sheer intolerance and hypocrisy to suggest gays should be put to death and not heterosexual 'adulterers'.

Yes I do, because that is what God also condemns.

And how many of them are Christian in anything other than name?

The vast, and I mean vast, majority f those calling themselves Christian do not even know what Christianity is, because no-one teaches them. Christianity as we know it today is the bedraggled remnant of the foretold Apostasy, which Christ commenced to replace in the mid 19th century.

Homosexuality is far from the only thing that will debar determined practitioners from God's Kingdom.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11
ASV(i) 9 Or know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with men, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

But notice what Paul goes on to say under inspiration in verse 11:

11 And such were some of you: but ye were washed, but ye were sanctified, but ye were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and in the Spirit of our God.

God is happy, even eager, to forgive and forget what any have done, provided only that they turn away from it and stop practising it.


As for Genetics, I cannot argue over that. We know sinful impulses have been passed down to us from Adam since his fall and through genetics is as much a possibility as any.

That is complete ignorance on your part. Genetics tells us that we have descended from as many as 10000 different individuals, not two. Also, we have learned from genetics that homosexuality can be linked to individual genes and the impulses to prefer same sex can be hereditary. It's like you think someone should be able to change their eye color.

Some geneticist don't agree with you, nor do some microbiologists. Some believe that we descended from an original pair somewhere in North, possibly North West Africa.

It has certainly never been proved either way.

Jesus believed in Adam and Eve, and since he was, as God's heavenly son before his coming to earth in at the creation I have no reason to doubt his word.

Are you sure you are not just leaping on something which backs up what you want to believe? How thoroughly have you tested the information out?


However it has been equally well demonstrated that some were more prone to criminality , murder, violence etc, even to excessive interest in heterosexual sex.

We are all supposed to control those impulses why should homosexuals be exempt?

How is homosexuality wrong and how does it affect you or your rights in a negative way (other than bothering your delicate religious sensibilities)? FYI - anyone who encourages restriction of homosexuality for religious reasons is encouraging illegal activity here in the US.

It is wrong because it is not what God designed sex for. It was designed, originally, purely for reproduction.

It is wrong because it lowers the moral standards of others by making them think it is acceptable.

It is wrong because in the near future those who insist on not using their free will properly, and their self control, in all such areas will be destroyed at Armageddon and will loose out on the opportunity of being part of God's eternal plan.

Most of all it is wrong because the God who wants nothing but the best for us, who created us, and who has for millennia kept us safe from the worst of Satan's depredations, at some cost to himself says it is wrong.


It is an incredible example of discrimination to say they can get away with what no-one else can, just because they want to, or we don't want to be seen as homophobes by other weak minded individuals.

No, it is discrimination (and illegal) to hold them to your religious laws by way of legislation.

No it is not discrimination. Read the passage from 1 Corinthians I quote above carefully.

Humans single out homosexuals. God does not. He lumps them in with adulterers, drunkards, and others who refuse to act with full consideration for other humans, putting themselves first.

Humans discriminate by picking on ones doing wrongs that they have no desire to do themselves.

God, Christ, and those of us who truly follow him, "pick on" all sinners equally.


But of course you have never stopped to think of it in that light, but according to what you say no-one should be criticised for being a thief, a murderer, a paedophile or any of another of the many things that we apparently have a genetic, and certainly a sinful, tendency towards.

Strawman - I don't view homosexuality as an immoral act.

That makes you the straw man not me.


It is wrong to protect one group and not the others also.

I have no idea what your are talking about.

Then, as I said before, read my post, though I have, as you suggested, expanded on it now.

I do listen sometimes, lol.


Or do you want to continue the favouritism you espouse.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 2:30:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/12/2015 2:03:47 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 1:51:44 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/12/2015 1:45:33 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 1:39:26 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/12/2015 1:11:04 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 11:31:40 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 3/12/2015 10:52:50 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 8:54:13 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 3/10/2015 5:02:57 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

There are no words...

Perhaps we should propose a Bigot Suppression Act?

Lol, yea. But I'm not sure I could go as far as encouraging a bullet to their head.

Tempting as it is, neither could I. My godless moral code wouldn't allow it.

What?! You have a moral code without a god?! OMG!! ;-)

Everyone has a moral code of some sort, however far from what it should be it is.

I agree. Some of us know it is wrong to submit/condone legislation calling for death of individuals who have views which are contrary to our own and some do not.

I agree it would be wrong to support any human call for that,

Well that is refreshing. I was starting to think you were incapable of realizing the difference.

but I do support God's standards and his right, in his own due time, to have his son enforce them.

If his son enforces judgments such as killing all sinners for their transgressions (at least those calling for death by the Bible), then there will be a lot of surprised Christians. Homosexuality will be the least of your worries. Good luck with that.

At present rates we are talking about getting on for 6.5 billion surprised people, including the misled "Christians".

And whilst there are about 8,000,000 who are currently learning to serve God and Christ and obey their commands, and that number is slowly but continually growing, judging by scripture I would be surprised if anything like that number survive Armageddon, sorry to say.

I have et almost as many JWs that I am concerned about as there are that don't expect to see me there either, but I have learned to worry about them, not to judge them.

I do know that scripture frequently hints that there will be few indeed who prove faithful through all that is ahead of us. I pray God gives me the strength to be one of them, because without his spirit to strengthen me I too stand no chance.

Armageddon will happen. There is nothing more sure than that, and we are well on our way to it. The only question is, how far down the road of destroying our environment that we are currently on before he has to keep his promise to "bring to ruin those ruining the earth" (Revelation 11:18).

He is only waiting for his servants to gather n what he feels is a sufficient number before he acts. In the meantime the tribulation which we are building up for ourselves is going to get much worse before Christ is allowed to bring it to an end with Armageddon.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 3:46:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/12/2015 2:30:16 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/12/2015 2:03:47 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 1:51:44 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/12/2015 1:45:33 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 1:39:26 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/12/2015 1:11:04 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 11:31:40 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 3/12/2015 10:52:50 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/12/2015 8:54:13 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 3/10/2015 5:02:57 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

There are no words...

Perhaps we should propose a Bigot Suppression Act?

Lol, yea. But I'm not sure I could go as far as encouraging a bullet to their head.

Tempting as it is, neither could I. My godless moral code wouldn't allow it.

What?! You have a moral code without a god?! OMG!! ;-)

Everyone has a moral code of some sort, however far from what it should be it is.

I agree. Some of us know it is wrong to submit/condone legislation calling for death of individuals who have views which are contrary to our own and some do not.

I agree it would be wrong to support any human call for that,

Well that is refreshing. I was starting to think you were incapable of realizing the difference.

but I do support God's standards and his right, in his own due time, to have his son enforce them.

If his son enforces judgments such as killing all sinners for their transgressions (at least those calling for death by the Bible), then there will be a lot of surprised Christians. Homosexuality will be the least of your worries. Good luck with that.

At present rates we are talking about getting on for 6.5 billion surprised people, including the misled "Christians".

And whilst there are about 8,000,000 who are currently learning to serve God and Christ and obey their commands, and that number is slowly but continually growing, judging by scripture I would be surprised if anything like that number survive Armageddon, sorry to say.

I have et almost as many JWs that I am concerned about as there are that don't expect to see me there either, but I have learned to worry about them, not to judge them.

I do know that scripture frequently hints that there will be few indeed who prove faithful through all that is ahead of us. I pray God gives me the strength to be one of them, because without his spirit to strengthen me I too stand no chance.

Armageddon will happen. There is nothing more sure than that, and we are well on our way to it. The only question is, how far down the road of destroying our environment that we are currently on before he has to keep his promise to "bring to ruin those ruining the earth" (Revelation 11:18).

Yes, yes, Armageddon is coming in 1914, er, 1925, no wait - 1975, no, no..., some time very VERY soon.

Whatever.

He is only waiting for his servants to gather n what he feels is a sufficient number before he acts. In the meantime the tribulation which we are building up for ourselves is going to get much worse before Christ is allowed to bring it to an end with Armageddon.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten