"My own mind is my own church"

POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 6:58:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Age of Reason, Part First, Section 1 by Thomas paine
"I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church."

He is a deist rejecting religons of kind of that, so his "own mind is his own church" that makes no sense lol most of the people are selfish and will remain that way, so what they morality is shaped by their own selfishness? if you throw religion out the window really what you have to stand upon? your morality is what you think is right, if you think to steal is good becuase you dont have to work for that well its good for you and if you have strong feeling of empathy and stuff you help people because your brain designed that way (or somethone brainwashed you to think that way...)

so what is that? i cant understand athiests critisizing religions because they are "evil", and cant see how it gonna be better world without religions...
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 7:33:20 AM
At 3/11/2015 7:00:07 AM, JJ50 wrote:
But would the world be any worse without them? Somehow I doubt it.

well i dont know either.... but i think its much better if you have religions... because its not subjegated to emotions or what is good/evil individually, there are specific rulings good and bad. and if there is no judgement day/afterlife who would really care about how they will spend they life? as they say you live once so do your best... imagine hitler get away for all his crime 60 million people died on ww2... so he enjoyed life over others? logic tells if only you gonna live once the best things to do is the best for you because outside your brain/self is just not part of you.....

by the way im not thinking that way many people do so i mentioning it...
Never fart near dog
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 8:31:42 AM
At 3/11/2015 7:33:20 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 3/11/2015 7:00:07 AM, JJ50 wrote:
But would the world be any worse without them? Somehow I doubt it.

well i dont know either.... but i think its much better if you have religions... because its not subjegated to emotions or what is good/evil individually, there are specific rulings good and bad. and if there is no judgement day/afterlife who would really care about how they will spend they life? as they say you live once so do your best... imagine hitler get away for all his crime 60 million people died on ww2... so he enjoyed life over others? logic tells if only you gonna live once the best things to do is the best for you because outside your brain/self is just not part of you.....

by the way im not thinking that way many people do so i mentioning it...

Most of God's people are deceived by the tree of the knowledge of good and evil ( the world they perceive as their reality ) but a few of us know our true reality ( Tree of Life ). Don't be fearful of objects you observe in this world because they're not real anyway. It's what you can't see that you should be fearful of and that is the Truth.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 10:14:00 AM
Paine's words are close to mine and I am certainly no atheist: Here's what I wrote in 1979 reporting my religious conversion experience:

"These messages plus others which will follow later, constitute the tenets of the Church which I carry on my shoulders. You know where your Church is. Worship there and let the law respect us all."

I teach Celestial Torah Christianity as a Jewish Christian prophesy bearer. Celestial Torah Christianity is an ancient astro-theological form of Gnosis or Knowledge of God that is being expressed through the Judeo-Christian spiritual line. I follow the Gnostic Solitary Path which to me and I think Thomas Paine would agree, is the only form of authentic spiritual relationship one can have with God. Once you join in group spirituality you become subject to other people's spiritual relationships with God and then there comes the inevitable differences in these personal religious experiences. The differences are then condemned by those religionists who have obtained political power to inflict their brand of beliefs onto everyone else, usually by using fear of death or other lesser punishments for disbelief. Religion obtained by coercion in this manner cannot be authentic as no contract is valid if obtained by coercion, the same for any testimony in court. Take away the threat and you don't know what you've got.

This is why Abrahamic religions that rest upon fear of God and fear of Hell are not authentic to God as why would God need to strike fear into believers in order to obtain loyalty to God? Do fathers and mothers strike fear of death and torture to their children? No, you teach with love and kindness and compassion. These things are not taught by Abrahamic religions so you must go outside their Scripts to find the real lovingkindness God Most High's spiritual instructions, instructions coming through the Messiah/Christ Message.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 12:01:21 PM
At 3/11/2015 10:14:00 AM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
Paine's words are close to mine and I am certainly no atheist: Here's what I wrote in 1979 reporting my religious conversion experience:

"These messages plus others which will follow later, constitute the tenets of the Church which I carry on my shoulders. You know where your Church is. Worship there and let the law respect us all."

I teach Celestial Torah Christianity as a Jewish Christian prophesy bearer. Celestial Torah Christianity is an ancient astro-theological form of Gnosis or Knowledge of God that is being expressed through the Judeo-Christian spiritual line. I follow the Gnostic Solitary Path which to me and I think Thomas Paine would agree, is the only form of authentic spiritual relationship one can have with God. Once you join in group spirituality you become subject to other people's spiritual relationships with God and then there comes the inevitable differences in these personal religious experiences. The differences are then condemned by those religionists who have obtained political power to inflict their brand of beliefs onto everyone else, usually by using fear of death or other lesser punishments for disbelief. Religion obtained by coercion in this manner cannot be authentic as no contract is valid if obtained by coercion, the same for any testimony in court. Take away the threat and you don't know what you've got.

This is why Abrahamic religions that rest upon fear of God and fear of Hell are not authentic to God as why would God need to strike fear into believers in order to obtain loyalty to God? Do fathers and mothers strike fear of death and torture to their children? No, you teach with love and kindness and compassion. These things are not taught by Abrahamic religions so you must go outside their Scripts to find the real lovingkindness God Most High's spiritual instructions, instructions coming through the Messiah/Christ Message.

It's much easier for us saints just to write and speak the words God puts in our mind instead of reading all kinds of historical books written by antichrists who trashed the original writings of the prophets and saints.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 10:37:54 PM
If you don't have anything new to offer human beings but warmed over doomsday prophesy, there's no reason to hear your fantasies as doomsday prophets are a dime a dozen. But it's not prophesy you're after I think, Brad, it's attention and public recognition you want more than anything else.

Maybe next incarnation you will be a Jew and can have real prophetic knowledge given to you by God instead of the Voice in your head that you have now, the same Voice that speaks to so many street Doomsday prophets telling them all Doomsday approacheth. And yet here we are, every year the doomsday prophets say is our last goes by and yet here we are..