Would Jesus want a new plane?

dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 8:27:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
http://www.christianpost.com...

I don't see anywhere in the Christian holy book where anyone demanded the most expensive and luxurious private means of transport to spread the gospel.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 9:08:30 AM
Why do these charlatans seem to thrive in the US? I doubt there are any poverty stricken TV evangelists, it seems a licence to print money as they take advantage of the gullible. I had an elderly great-aunt who conned the 60s by that piece of scum, Oral Roberts. She was a wealthy woman and donated a good few thousand pounds to his coffers before the family discovered how he had conned her and put a stop to it. Roberts had sent her a cheap plastic 'prayer tower' as a thank you!
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 3:29:22 PM
At 3/13/2015 8:27:43 AM, dhardage wrote:

I don't see anywhere in the Christian holy book where anyone demanded the most expensive and luxurious private means of transport to spread the gospel.

I met one of God's chosen believers who told me that his father was a Christian pastor who duped his followers to come up with the cash to build a new 8 million dollar church while at the same time, he was helping them secure loans to buy new houses, saying they came from the Lord. When the economy went down in the fall of 2008, most of his followers lost their homes. When they asked him for money to keep their homes or to buy food, he told them that the church was the Lord's and will remain as the Lord's. So if they don't want to attend the church they helped build with their hard earned cash, then they could leave. His father was left with the church and no followers. He told me that he disowned his father after that and was completely embarrassed by his actions.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 5:53:33 PM
At 3/13/2015 8:27:43 AM, dhardage wrote:

No, me either.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 7:09:37 PM
At 3/13/2015 9:08:30 AM, JJ50 wrote:
Why do these charlatans seem to thrive in the US?

I guess the question is, is it really the case the US is more prone to this kind of gullibility or is the US just the same, it just "seems" that way. Kind of like it can seem that the world is a worst place than before not because it is but because of the underhandedness of what news gets covered (eg if it bleeds it leads)

A fool and his money............

But I don't think alot of these people are "fools" I think they just have a lack of develop critical thinking skill set, without such you won't know/see the various bullsh*t that is used to get people to believe what ever.

And let's face it religion in general isn't going to go out of it's way to develop people critical thinking skills....................

I doubt there are any poverty stricken TV evangelists,
it seems a licence to print money as they take advantage of the gullible. I had an elderly great-aunt who conned the 60s by that piece of scum, Oral Roberts. She was a wealthy woman and donated a good few thousand pounds to his coffers before the family discovered how he had conned her and put a stop to it. Roberts had sent her a cheap plastic 'prayer tower' as a thank you!

Amurica...........
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12