Jump to topic:

Islamic Worldview

YassineB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 9:37:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
- I created this Topic because I get asked a lot of questions about Islam & I want this to be a reference for those who want answers. It's a little difficult to keep answering the same questions over & over.

- This Thread will also serve as a reference for the Islamic Worldview in case any of you need to look up informations about Islam in general, or for debating purposes.

- So, if you have any questions or requests about the Islamic Worldview: Islamic Tradition, Islamic Civilisation, Islamic History, Islamic Theology, Islamic Law, Qur'an, Hadith . . . wether you're muslim or non-muslim, just comment, I'll try to answer when I have time.
Current Debates In Voting Period:

- The Qur'an We Have Today is Not What Muhammad Dictated Verbatim. Vs. @Envisage:
http://www.debate.org...

- Drawing Contest. Vs. @purpleduck:

"It is perfectly permissible to vote on sources without reading them" bluesteel.
YassineB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 9:49:28 PM
POST 001

Following ChristianPank question about Repentance & Punishment, I prepared an answer I think might be satisfying:

Preface:

In the Islamic Worldview, God has absolute dominion over All Things, & thus All Things belong to God & God alone.

- al-Haqq" >>> one of the Noble Names of God, which means: Truth, & Right. So, Everything is the absolute Right of God.

- al-Khilafah = The Delegation >>> the concept that Humans are here on Earth as temporary delegates of God ; i.e. Humans are given permission, under God"s dominance, to act on the Earth, for a term ; i.e. temporary transfer of the Right of God on the Earth from God"s Authority to Humans" authority, under God"s Authority. (the transfer is symbolic, not real).

- al-Isti"mar = The Establishment >>> the concept that the function of Humans, as delegates, is to establish themselves on the Earth by occupying it.

- at-Taklif = The Charge >>> the concept that Humans are responsible in their Delegation for their Establishment on the Earth. This Charge reside in the fact that Humans are granted "Aql (Intellect) to distinguish Right from Wrong.
=> In Shari'a Law, only a Mukallaf (someone who bears Taklif) are legally accountable, so kids under the age of puberty, crazy & mentally ill people. . . are not accountable.

- al-Fitrah = The Natural Disposition >>> the concept that Humans are created equally into this World in the Fitrah (the Initial State of the Soul), which they ought to preserve until they leave this World. al-Fitrah is where the "Aql (Intellect) resides.

- al-Amana = The Trust >>> the concept that Humans are given a Trust from God they ought to preserve in their Earthly Life ; this Amana is: Taklif on Humans to preserve the Fitrah in their Khilafah.

- al-Khatimah = Finality >>> the concept that what counts is the Finale State of the Soul (Khatimah) upon death ; i.e. how much of one"s Fitrah (Initial State) has been preserved, i.e. how good God"s Trust has been preserved.

- al-Rissalah = The Message >>> the concept that Humans, to bear the Taklif (Responsibility), they need a constant reminder from God giving them Guidance.

- al-Hujja = The Argument >>> the concept that Humans will be accounted for their preservation of the Amana (Trust), if & only if they receive the Message.

(. . . etc)

Rights:

- Injustice is defined as: "transgressing one"s Right against another"s".

- God is Absolutely Just: He can not possibly transgress His Right against another"s, for All Things are the Right of God, there is no "another"s".

- God forbade Injustice for Humans, i.e. God forbade Humans to transgress their own Right against another"s. Since All Things are God"s Right, Humans are forbidden to transgress against God"s Right, unless with His permission, the kind of permission He decrees in His Message.

- There are 3 Categories of Decreed (permitted) Rights:
> The Right of God upon oneself. => Repentance in case of transgressing this Right requires genuine remorse (Nadam), asking forgiveness from God (Istighfar), & abstention from repeating the transgression (Iq"la").
> The Right of the Self upon oneself => Repentance in case of transgressing this Right requires genuine remorse, asking forgiveness from God, & abstention from repeating the transgression, plus amending one"s transgression against oneself (Islah).
> The Right of the Other upon oneself => Repentance in case of transgressing this Right requires both:
* amending one"s transgression against the other (Iqtisas, Islah), then asking for forgiveness from the other (Safh, in case the Other is a person).
* genuine remorse, asking forgiveness from God, & abstention from repeating the transgression.

=> The 1st Right is simple, the 2nd is double, & the 3rd is complex, that's why they require different kinds of Fix.

- The Right of the Other upon oneself is divided into 3 categories:
> The Right of People upon oneself.
> The Right of Living Creature upon oneself.
> The Right of the Earth upon oneself.

- The Right of People upon oneself is also divided into 3 categories:
> The Natural Right => Parent/Child \\ Elderly/Youth \\ Inheritor/Inherited \\ . . . >>> permanent irrevocable Right.
> The Contractual Right => Husband/Wife \\ Ruler/Subjects \\ Muslim/Dhimmi \\ . . . >>> Right restricted to the validity of the designated Contract.
> The "Status" Right => Muslim/Muslim \\ Neighbour/Neighbour \\ Guardian/Orphan \\ . . . >>> Right associated with the "Status".

Shari"a & Punishment against Transgressions:

- Purposes of Shari"a Law (Islamic Constitutional Law) is based on 4 Pillars in order to preserve 6 Sacred Necessities in accordance with the Universal Legal Maxims:

> The Four Pillars of Shari"a:
1. Mercy (Rahmah)
2. Justice ("Adl)
3. Wisdom (Hikmah)
4/ Maslaha (maslaha means: convenience, ease, benefit, greater good, interest" ; defined as: the better of two goods, or the lesser of two evils)

> The Six Sacred Necessities of Shari"a (al-Kullyyat al-Khams):
1. Right to Religion (Deen)
2. Right to Life (Nafs)
3. Right to Intellect ('Aql)
4. Right to Lineage (Nasl)
5. Right to Wealth (Mal)
6. Right to Honor ("Ird).

> The Five Major Universal Maxims (there are about ~1,000 Maxims in total, & they are inspired either from the Qur"an or the Hadith):
1. Matters are to be judged in light of their objectives, an objective that should bring benefit & prevent harm.
2. That which is established with certainty is not removed by doubt.
3. Hardship begets ease.
4. Harm should be removed.
5. Norms are legally binding.

=> Any Transgressing against the Six Sacred Necessities is punishable by Shari"a, based on its Pillars & in accordance to its Maxims.

- Amending one"s Transgression by Shari"a may involve either:
> Kafarat = Atonement, Expiation.
> Istihqaq = Restitution.
> Qisas = Retribution.
> "Uq"ul = Compensation.
> Dyyat = Blood-money (in case of accidental murder).
> Habs = Imprisonment.
> Nafy = Banishment, Exile.
> Hadd = Penalty.

- The Qur'an We Have Today is Not What Muhammad Dictated Verbatim. Vs. @Envisage:

"It is perfectly permissible to vote on sources without reading them" bluesteel.
YassineB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 9:52:38 PM
POST 002

Eg. ChritianPank"s question on the punishment of cutting the limbs

- If a person steals someone else"s property, his act will fall under Transgression against the Right to Wealth. & it must be amended, in this case, by Penalty.
=> The Penalty for the act of Theft is: Severing the Hand. However, this punishment may not take place until 35 conditions are met:
1. The thief must be over the age of puberty.
2. He must not be mentally ill.
3. He must not be coerced or duped into his act.
4. The stealing must happen in secret. Robbing, extortion, snatching & the likes are not punishable by penalty. The idea here is that Shari'a strives to preserve Property, & thus should guarantee the safety of one"s belongings if he is not there to protect them himself, so if someone locks & hides what he wants to protect, Shari'a should make him feel secure. In case of snatching for example, the owner is given a chance to defend himself, & he couldn't, & thus the snatcher won't be punished for thieving, but rather for aggression. Also, stealing out in the open is not punishable.
5. The stolen goods must have been hidden & locked (in a safe or something). If the goods are not locked, or just laying in the open, the thief will not be punished.
6. The amount stolen must exceed 1/4 Dinar (~40$).
7. The thief must be apprehended before he repents, if he repents before he was apprehended, the penalty will be dropped.
8. The owner of the goods must as for his goods back. If the owner forgives the thief, or offers the stolen goods to him, or allows him to unlock the lock where the goods are hidden, the penalty will be dropped.
9. The thief must be aware of the punishment related to his act, an ignorant thief in not punishable.
10. The stolen goods must be 'Muhtaram', stealing alcohol, drugs, & bad stuff isn't punishable.
11. The stolen goods must not belong to a non-muslim currently in war with muslims.
12. The stolen goods must not belong to the parents, or the children, or the wife/husband. . . if the thief steals from his parents or or . . . he won't be punished.
13. The amount stolen must not have been transformed into waqf. i.e. was given to the poor, or orphans, or mosques. . .
14. The stealing must happen in times of prosperity with no epidemics or famines.
15. The act of stealing must be simultaneously witnessed by two righteous witnesses, or the thief must have confessed to his act.
16. There must be no 'Shubha', i.e. any doubt about the act will result in dropping the penalty. The penalty only takes effect when there is zero doubt about the act.
(. . . etc).

=> Repentance, in this case, consists of: returning the stolen goods to the original owner, either with his knowledge or without it. In case with the owner"s knowledge, the thief must also ask him for forgiveness (regardless of the owner is gonna offer it or not) ; In case without the owner"s knowledge, it"s preferable for the thief to keep his act secret between him & God.

- If you have additional questions post a comment. :)

Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 10:08:22 PM
Islam will be destroyed, the Idf will in p83 will Allah its first bloody nose , E38 will crush the head of Allah . And then the anti_false one will come. Enjoy
YassineB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2015 1:06:13 AM
POST 003

=> For Skepsikyma :)

- As stated previously, in the Islamic Worldview, God is the beginning & end to All Things, God originates, designs, dominates, & decrees All Things, in Absolute Predestination, no Free Will, no Choice, no nothing.

al-Qadaa wal-Qadar:

- Sunnat-Allah = The Law of Allah >>> the concept that there is a Divine Habit that governs the Worlds & restrict their entities to God"s Will.

- Qadar = Measured Predestination >>> the concept that things in the Worlds are ordered & measured according to the Habit decreed by God"s Will.
=> Qadar can also mean a single Event that is subject to Qadar.

- Qadaa = Destiny >>> the concept that God decides certain things outside order & measure, things independent from any specific Habit, restricted directly by God"s Will.

Eg.
> An Event that is subject to Qadar necessitate a path that leads to it, i.e. a chain of previous events that eventually lead to this particular Event, such that if the said chain got interrupted, the Event may not take place.
> An "Event" that is subject to Qadaa is factual regardless of the paths that may or may not leads to it; i.e. no matter what random combination of events in whatever parallel realities, they all MUST lead to this specific "Event".

- In the Islamic Worldview, the Creation, as far as we know, is Two Worlds one within the other:
* 'Alam al-Malakut: The World of Sovereignty (or the Unseen World: where the angels live & such).
* 'Alam al-Mulk: The World of Possession (the Seen World: the world humans have access to through senses or intellect).
* 'al-Barzakh: The Interstice (the world between the two I just mentioned) it's where the souls - partially - lay, & the dead & the Jin.

=> The World of Possession (this observable World) is existing within the World of Sovereignty, but is bound by the boarders of the First Heaven, which is called 'as-Samaa ad-Dunya- (the Lowest Heaven) which the Qur'an describes as the Heaven with Stars. Beyond the First Heaven, it's all the World of Sovereignty.

=> The World of Sovereignty contains the World of Possession, & its associated Habit (Laws) contain the Habit of this World (Causality). & the link Humans have with the World of Possession is their Soul.
=> Also, since the latter World is contained in the former, it's also influenced by it. & this influence might take the form of Miracle, or Revelation, or Inspiration, or Prayer. . .

Prayer

- Prayer in the Islamic Worldview is understood as an Event as any other, though an Event that has its Effect in the World of Sovereignty & by transition, eventually, in the World of Possession. The Prayer is thus subject to Qadar, & not outside it ; i.e. God ordained Prayer, & all that leads to it, & all that it leads to.

- Prayer may have either of these three outcomes:
> Facilitate an Event, i.e. be answered in the direct sense.
> Block an Event, i.e. be answered in an indirect sense.
> Neither, i.e. be answered in the Hereafter.

=> The Prayer changes nothing in the Qadar, it is itself part of Qadar, it is itself ordained, & whatever outcomes may or may not come of it is also ordained.

=> An example to understand what I mean:
>>> Umar went to the Levant & found out that a plague was spreading, so he ordered his men to return, Abu Ubaida Ibn al-Jarrah said (to Umar): "Are you running away from what Allah had ordained?" `Umar said, "Yes, we are running from what Allah had ordained to what Allah has ordained." <<< i.e. whichever way they take, it"s what Allah has ordained.

- The purpose of Prayer, in the Islamic Tradition, is not to ask for things, it"s to be in constant awareness of God"s dominion, & thus be in a constant state of Submission, the Prophet said: "The supplication (prayer) is itself the worship."
=> If one prays, it"s a sign of his state of awareness of Allah"s Decree, & thus a sign of his true submission to Allah"s Decree in knowing All Things are decreed by God. However, if one does not pray, even while knowing God"s absolute dominion, it"s a sign that he is not in that state of awareness. Anyways, neither Praying nor not Praying is happening outside God"s decree, both are ordained by God, & all that preceded & all that succeeded.

Tawakkul & Asbab

- at-Tawakkul = the Trust in Allah >>> the concept that one should be content that All Things, good or bad, are decreed by God.

- al-Asbad = The Means >>> the concept that one should strive to seek that which benefits oneself, & should never give up hope to achieve it.

> The Prophet said: "The stronger believer is better and more beloved to Allah than the weak believer, although both are good. Strive to seek that which will benefit you and do not feel helpless. If something overwhelms you, then say: It is the decree of Allah and what He wills He does."

=> One"s Trust in Allah should be a default state, & one"s pursuits in this Life no matter how keen they are, should not affect that Trust. Not because one relies more or less on his abilities & material means would that somehow affect God"s dominion either way.

- al-Ittikal = Dependence >>> the concept that one might rely upon his "Trust" in God, do nothing & await results. This kind of behaviour is considered a form of "Ill Manners", the Prophet said: "Allah, Most High, blames for falling short (being lazy), make use of your intellect, and when the matter gets the better of you, say; For me Allah suffices, and He is the best disposer of affairs."

=> One has to exhaust his effort & not fall short, while at the same time be aware that God is the originator of All Things. & one must NOT rely on God to do his biddings, this is a sign of delusion, ignorance & laziness, as if, if he relied on himself, he"ll be free from God"s decree!!!! <<< this is a similar notion to the God of the gaps, & it"s absurd.

=> Tawakkul & Asbab should be practiced both simultaneously, like a Train moving or two Rails.

YassineB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2015 1:39:20 AM
POST 004

"since God decrees and commands all things, to understand them is to understand God." Skepsikyma.

>>> Here is a useful categorisation in Islamic Theology that can help you what it means to understand God:

- Ma"rifatu Allah = Knowledge of God >>> the concept that Human Knowledge in its entirety is a form of knowing God, either through His Essential Attributes or through His Effective Attributes.

- ash-Dhat = The Essence >>> the concept that God"s Essence is One & strictly disjoint from all else, & thus unfathomable by other than God, i.e. outside the scope of Human Knowledge.

- as-Sifat Thatyyah = The Essential Attributes >>> the Attributes that are understood from the Essence of God, & thus are utterly incompatible with His creation, such as: the Creator.

- as-Sifat al-Fi"lyyah = The Effective Attributes >>> the Attributes that are understood from God"s Design (Af"al al-Allah = God"s Acts), rather than from His Essence.

=> So, any Human Knowledge seeks to uncover or understand the display of God"s Attributes, one way or another.

YassineB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2015 12:27:47 PM
POST 005

"Something about this really confuses me though. As far as I know, Islam shares the same sort of fear of Satan as Christianity does. If god ultimately controls and ordains all things, what have people to fear from his adversary, whom he must also control and ordain?" Skepsikyma.

- Dhat-Allah = The Essence of God >>> the concept that is understood through God's Attributes of Essence.

- Af'al Allah = The Acts of God >>> the concept of God's Design, which is a manifestation of God"s Effective Attributes.

=> Making the difference between these two concepts is a fundamental aspect of Islamic Theology, i.e. inquiring about God"s Will in His Design & understanding God's Design are two distinct things.
Eg. an analogy is like a developer of a video game, the world of the video game & all the characters within are part of the design that the developer created, everything that"s happening in the video game is already coded by the programmer, & he can change the code anytime & anyhow he likes. Inquiring about the rules of the game & how it works is completely different from inquiring about the developer himself.

- All else other than God is in utter need of God, & under the immediate act of God, be it the most possible magnificent creature, or the most possible insignificant creature, they are all equally insignificant to God. Similarly, no matter how powerful or weak a character might get in a video game, they are all equally powerless in the eyes of the developer.

- Satan is not God's adversary, for he too is in utter need of God & under the immediate act of God.

"[The hypocrites are] like the example of Satan when he says to man: "Disbelieve in Allah." But when (man) disbelieves in Allah, Shaitan (Satan) says: "I am free of you, I fear Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists)!" (59:16)

- This dilemma must be understood from God's Design, not from His Essence. & in God"s Design, Satan (& his descendants) is the adversary of Humans:

- The story from Adam's perspective (2:30-39):

* "And (remember) as your Lord said to the Angels, "Surely I am making in the earth a successor." They said, "Will You make therein one who will corrupt in it and shed blood while we (are the ones who) extol (with) Your praise and call You Holy?" He said, "Surely I know whatever you do not know."
=> Because according to the Hadith there were other cognitive beings on the Earth that spread corruption & shed blood, namely: the Hun, the Bun (both supposedly extinct) & the Jinn.
* "And He taught Adam all the names. Then He showed them to the angels and said, "Inform Me of the names of these, if you are truthful." They said, "Exalted are You; we have no knowledge except what You have taught us. Indeed, it is You who is the Knowing, the Wise.""
=> The "names" here are the "universals" (that can only be perceived by the intellect), & the "languages" (that can only be taught through the intellect), which the angels weren"t capable of conceiving, since they don"t possess such quality of intellect & since they can"t be taught, they are created the way they are.
* "And behold, We said to the angels: "Bow down to Adam" and they bowed down. Not so Iblis: he refused and was haughty: He was of those who reject Faith."
=> Iblis (Satan) is a Jinn not an angel: "Behold! We said to the angels, "Bow down to Adam": They bowed down except Iblis. He was one of the Jinns, and he broke the Command of his Lord." (18:50).
* "And We said, "O Adam, dwell, you and your wife, in Paradise and eat therefrom in [ease and] abundance from wherever you will. But do not approach this tree, lest you be among the wrongdoers."
=> The tree here is a symbolic tree from the Earth planted in Paradise.
* "Then Satan made them slip therefrom the Paradise, and got them out from that in which they were. We said: "Get you down, all, with enmity between yourselves. On earth will be a dwelling place for you and an enjoyment for a time."
=> "enmity" here is meant between Humans & Devils (Satan & his descendants). Adam & his descendants were created to dwell on the Earth as successors, & were bestowed with Intellect to carry out this responsibility.
* "Then Adam received from his Lord Words . And his Lord pardoned him (accepted his repentance). Verily, He is the One Who forgives (accepts repentance), the Most Merciful."
>>> God forgave Adam -& Eve- (no Original Sin).
* "We said: "Get down all of you from this place (the Paradise), so surely there will come to you a guidance from Me, and whoever follows My Guidance, there shall be no fear on them, nor shall they grieve."
* "But those who disbelieve and deny Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) such are the dwellers of the Fire, they shall abide therein forever."
>>> The concepts of Amana, Taklif, Khilafah, Rissalah . . . already mentioned before ( http://www.debate.org... )

Jinn, Satan, Iblis

- The Jinn, according to the Islamic Tradition, are cognitive beings, mentioned in the Qur'an, that dwell on this Earth. They have 3 Classes (the winged ones, the moving ones, & the formless ones < so, some are spirits, & some can really be seen by the naked eye), they more or less share the lifestyle of humans, they mostly copy our lifestyle, some are good & some are bad, & they speak some of our languages & others of their own, & they live in 7 kingdoms (or 5 according to other accounts) & they are divided into ~420 species, one of which are the Devils, some of these Jinn can possess humans.

- Iblis was originally a Jinn named "Azazeel, but he was transferred into a Shaytan. Shaytan is one of the 5 levels a Jinn might evolve into: Jann (average Jinn), Shaytan (evil malevolent Jinn), Marid (a "giant" Jinn), "Ifrit (an extremely powerful Jinn), Malik al-Jan (a King).

- Satan, after he disobeyed God"s command (by refusing to bow to Adam because he was supposed to be his inferior) he embraced his full disobedience, contrary to Adam who asked forgiveness from God & was forgiven. So, in a attempt to prove himself, Satan promised God if he can give him a chance he will show Him how inferior Adam & his descendants are by proving that they will not be any better in obeying his commands. So, God gave permission to Satan & his descendants to whisper in Man"s hearts to lead them astray from God's command.

- The story from Iblis' prospective (7:11-16):

"And We have certainly created you, [O Mankind], and given you [human] form. Then We said to the angels, "Prostrate to Adam"; so they prostrated, except for Iblees. He was not of those who prostrated."
"[ Allah ] said, "What prevented you from prostrating when I commanded you?" [Satan] said, "I am better than him. You created me from fire and created him from clay." "
"[ Allah ] said, "Descend from Paradise, for it is not for you to be arrogant therein. So get out; indeed, you are of the debased."
"[Satan] said, "Reprieve me until the Day they are resurrected." "
"[ Allah ] said, "Indeed, you are of those reprieved." "
"[Satan] said, "Because You caused me to be misguided, I will surely sit in wait for them on Your straight path. "

=> Here Satan, at that moment, recognises that God destined him to be misguided, in another verse: "[Iblees] said, "By Your Might, I will surely mislead them all" (38:82), he also recognises that, only by Allah"s Will, will he mislead anyone. All is within God"s Design, & under His command.

YassineB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 9:17:25 PM
POST 006

"What is your view on homosexuality?" ChristianPunk.

A bit controversial topic, I am gonna & answer the best I can. If you have additional questions, by all means, ask.

Homosexuality in Shari"a is viewed from 4 perspective:

- Khuntha = Hermaphrodite: someone physically man & woman. Generally, a Khuntha is treated as the sex he/she is evolving towards. If he/she is becoming more & more feminine, then, in Shari'a, she is a woman. If he/she is becoming more & more masculine, then, in Shari'a, he is a man.

- Mukhannath = Effeminate Man: a man who acts, walks & talks like women. Mukhannath, in Shari"a, has 2 statuses:

1. Mukhannath bil-Khilq'a = Naturally Effeminate Man: a man who naturally acts like women, has a voice that naturally resembles that of women, & do not desire them (sexually). In that case, he is treated as a woman in some cases & as a man in other cases. A lot of details, so let's just give a for instance:

> He is allowed to see women without their hijab:
"And tell the believing women to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts and not expose their adornment except that which [necessarily] appears thereof and to wrap [a portion of] their headcovers over their chests and not expose their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, [. . .] or those male attendants having no physical desire [. . .]" (24:31)
[ http://quran.com... ]

> He is allowed to lead the prayer, & his leadership is sound.

> His Testimony is the same as that of an ordinary man.

2. Mukhannath bit-Ta"ammud = Effeminate Man by Choice: a man who acts like women by choice. In this case, he is considered a Fasiq' (Immoral, Lewd), & is treated like one:

> He is not allowed to see women:

* Narrated Aisha:
'A Mukhannath used to enter upon the wives of Prophet. They (the people) counted him among those who were free of physical needs. One day the Prophet entered upon us when he was with one of his wives, and was describing the qualities of a woman, saying: When she comes forward, she comes forward with four (folds in her stomach), and when she goes backward, she goes backward with eight (folds in her stomach). The Prophet said: "Do I not see that this (man) knows what here lies". Then they (the wives) observed veil from him.'
[ http://sunnah.com... ]
>>> When the Prophet discovered that the Mukhanath had an eye for women, he prevented him from seeing his wives as he used to, for he is a Mukhannath by choice, & thus Fasiq".

> He is allowed to lead the prayer, but it"s discouraged to pray behind him.

> His Testimony is unacceptable.

- Ma'bun = Catamite (I am not sure if that"s the right translation): a man who formerly had homosexual practices, & presently a repentant. He is treated, in Shari'a, as an ordinary person, with minor differences such as:

> He is allowed to lead the prayer, but it's discouraged to pray behind him.

- Luti = Sodomite: a man who engages in homosexual practices. In this case, according to Shari'a, he should receive the death penalty if:

1. Four righteous witnesses testified to simultaneously seeing the actual penetration, without any of the four withdrawing their testimony.
2. He confessed himself without withdrawing his confession up until the execution of his sentence.

Remarks:

- Whatever people do behind closed doors is between them & God, unless there are public consequences. If someone drinks alcohol in his home behind closed doors, then that"s between him & God ; However, as soon as this practice is out in the public, then Shari"a intervenes to prevent its happening. Same goes for Adultery, Sodomy & any other punishable Sin.

- In Shari'a, if someone has sexual urges (heterosexual, homosexual, pedophilic, zoophilic, necrophilic. . .) then he should suppress them: All sexual practices outside Marriage are equally unlawful.

- Lesbianism, in Shari'a, is treated entirely different than Homosexuality, & there is no death penalty involved.

- Calling someone 'mukhannath' or 'homosexual' is prohibited & also punishable:

* Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:
The Prophet said: "If one man says to another: 'O effeminate one!' give him twenty lashes. And if one man says to another: 'O homosexual!' give him twenty lashes."
>>> The idea here is that one must not assume that another person is such & such until proven, nor must he insult him, even if proven, unless to state the fact.

- Accusing someone of sodomy without the presence of 4 righteous witnesses to the fact is prohibited & punishable by 80 lashes.

=> That's all that came to my mind for the moment.

celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 10:06:53 PM
There is no "Islamic Worldview" because Muhammad and Arabic are localized events and have zero to do with most of the world's regions, climates, geographies, and human populations. Muslims would want Arabic to be spoken everywhere and Muhammad's desert ideas to cover the snowy lands of Europe and the Native American lands by wiping them out, any and all communities that refused to speak Arabic or follow the religious dictator Muhammad. With no real worldview, Yassine, you post cut-n-paste localized Muslim religious propaganda. If we wanted a slew of religious speech and names etc, we could go to the Jews first like Muhammad did, or to the Catholics who have also turned out massive amounts of literature, or Mormons, again who churn out great amounts of religious propaganda. Sorry, but if mere words could get a person spiritually connected to God, those with the most words would be ahead, and obviously they are not as atheism moves ahead and organized religions lose members because their ancient words are all out of date and out of synch with modern social reality.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 10:14:13 PM
Yassine, I think I challenged you to give us just one good reason why anyone should stop their education of the world at the 7th Century and Muhammad's book. In no human science is the idea that the past trumps the present and future put forth as this is patently absurd logically. Yet here you are along with millions of ignorant Muslims doing just that: having the past dictate the present and future. Muhammad's 7th Century level of knowledge of the world is far too small for him to be proclaimed any sort of master of religion, science, social government, so why do you let yourself be imprisoned mentally in the 7th Century? Tell us why listening to 7th Century ideas is better than paying attention to our 21st Century world reality and dealing with that?
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2015 2:35:04 PM
At 3/19/2015 9:17:25 PM, YassineB wrote:
POST 006

"What is your view on homosexuality?" ChristianPunk.

A bit controversial topic, I am gonna & answer the best I can. If you have additional questions, by all means, ask.

Homosexuality in Shari"a is viewed from 4 perspective:

- Khuntha = Hermaphrodite: someone physically man & woman. Generally, a Khuntha is treated as the sex he/she is evolving towards. If he/she is becoming more & more feminine, then, in Shari'a, she is a woman. If he/she is becoming more & more masculine, then, in Shari'a, he is a man.

- Mukhannath = Effeminate Man: a man who acts, walks & talks like women. Mukhannath, in Shari"a, has 2 statuses:

1. Mukhannath bil-Khilq'a = Naturally Effeminate Man: a man who naturally acts like women, has a voice that naturally resembles that of women, & do not desire them (sexually). In that case, he is treated as a woman in some cases & as a man in other cases. A lot of details, so let's just give a for instance:

> He is allowed to see women without their hijab:
"And tell the believing women to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts and not expose their adornment except that which [necessarily] appears thereof and to wrap [a portion of] their headcovers over their chests and not expose their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, [. . .] or those male attendants having no physical desire [. . .]" (24:31)
[ http://quran.com... ]

> He is allowed to lead the prayer, & his leadership is sound.

> His Testimony is the same as that of an ordinary man.

2. Mukhannath bit-Ta"ammud = Effeminate Man by Choice: a man who acts like women by choice. In this case, he is considered a Fasiq' (Immoral, Lewd), & is treated like one:

> He is not allowed to see women:

* Narrated Aisha:
'A Mukhannath used to enter upon the wives of Prophet. They (the people) counted him among those who were free of physical needs. One day the Prophet entered upon us when he was with one of his wives, and was describing the qualities of a woman, saying: When she comes forward, she comes forward with four (folds in her stomach), and when she goes backward, she goes backward with eight (folds in her stomach). The Prophet said: "Do I not see that this (man) knows what here lies". Then they (the wives) observed veil from him.'
>>> When the Prophet discovered that the Mukhanath had an eye for women, he prevented him from seeing his wives as he used to, for he is a Mukhannath by choice, & thus Fasiq".

> He is allowed to lead the prayer, but it"s discouraged to pray behind him.

> His Testimony is unacceptable.

- Ma'bun = Catamite (I am not sure if that"s the right translation): a man who formerly had homosexual practices, & presently a repentant. He is treated, in Shari'a, as an ordinary person, with minor differences such as:

> He is allowed to lead the prayer, but it's discouraged to pray behind him.

- Luti = Sodomite: a man who engages in homosexual practices. In this case, according to Shari'a, he should receive the death penalty if:

1. Four righteous witnesses testified to simultaneously seeing the actual penetration, without any of the four withdrawing their testimony.
2. He confessed himself without withdrawing his confession up until the execution of his sentence.

Remarks:

- Whatever people do behind closed doors is between them & God, unless there are public consequences. If someone drinks alcohol in his home behind closed doors, then that"s between him & God ; However, as soon as this practice is out in the public, then Shari"a intervenes to prevent its happening. Same goes for Adultery, Sodomy & any other punishable Sin.

- In Shari'a, if someone has sexual urges (heterosexual, homosexual, pedophilic, zoophilic, necrophilic. . .) then he should suppress them: All sexual practices outside Marriage are equally unlawful.

- Lesbianism, in Shari'a, is treated entirely different than Homosexuality, & there is no death penalty involved.

- Calling someone 'mukhannath' or 'homosexual' is prohibited & also punishable:

* Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:
The Prophet said: "If one man says to another: 'O effeminate one!' give him twenty lashes. And if one man says to another: 'O homosexual!' give him twenty lashes."
>>> The idea here is that one must not assume that another person is such & such until proven, nor must he insult him, even if proven, unless to state the fact.

- Accusing someone of sodomy without the presence of 4 righteous witnesses to the fact is prohibited & punishable by 80 lashes.

=> That's all that came to my mind for the moment.

Can somebody be gay and Islam? If you have seen some of my posts on the topic, I have argued that the God of the Bible is ok with gays due to misconceptions with the text and historical documents showing what people at that time were concerned with in Romans and Corinthians (the towns where Paul's letters supposedly deal with homosexuality.)
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2015 9:38:46 PM
Abrahamic religions are run by and for men. Women don't count for much of anything--until Abrahamic male patriarchies are overthrown by secular politics protecting equality and human rights. Muhammadism is the worst of the all male patriarchies as it even goes so far as to imprison Muslim women in clothing and masks so that their ability to communicate is truncated. Again, without the imposition of secular democracy, human right protection, Muhammadism as is means women are second class citizens, men rule everything in a Muhammadan society, a woman's voice is not heard--again until secular politics saves the day for democracy and equality.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2015 9:41:23 PM
Homosexuals are to be killed is the edict of Abrahamic patriarchies. No Goddess in heaven translates to women on earth subject to the whims of men who rule over them with their Father god(s). As if a Father could create a human being all by himself..
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 2:00:49 AM
At 3/20/2015 2:35:04 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
Can somebody be gay and Islam?

- You mean "gay & muslim", right?

- Anyone who believes in the One God & the Tenets of Belief & don't contradict himself otherwise is a muslim. He might be a -soft- Sinner (Athim), a Sinner ('Assi), an Immoral (Fasiq'), an Innovator (Mubtadi'), a 'Miscreant' (Mutakib Kabira), but he'll always be a muslim, unless he is not. The Sin of Homosexuality is not having the Urge or the Inclination, it's acting upon those urges & inclinations, the same goes for any sexual practices outside Marriage.

- However, if a 'muslim' is gay & practices homosexual acts & knowingly claims Islam is OK with these acts, then he is not muslim, for he contradicts the clear statement of the Qur'an, & thus negates his own declaration of faith.

- In fact, leaving the Salat (the standard prayer, 5 times a day) -for good- is a greater sin than homosexuality, a widespread fact which most muslims don't realise.

- I would also like to add, the discussion about Homosexuality in the West seems futile to me for 3 reasons:
1. Unless the person in question is muslim there is no point to begin with, & most westerners are not muslims, why even bother.
2. A much more widespread & equally prohibited practice is already there: Adultery. Why discuss the lesser problem (Homosexuality) & leave the much more dominant problem (Adultery), that's absurd!
3. Muslims should be concerned with much more pressing issues: the Basics = the Tenets of Belief, & the Pillars of Islam. Which most are not aware of!

If you have seen some of my posts on the topic, I have argued that the God of the Bible is ok with gays due to misconceptions with the text and historical documents showing what people at that time were concerned with in Romans and Corinthians (the towns where Paul's letters supposedly deal with homosexuality.)

- I very much doubt that's the case. There is a reason why I don't ask Christians questions about Christianity, unless for obvious things. & that's because I don't believe any christian has the right to say anything about his Religion & what it condones & what it condemns! If you tell me the Pope said such & such & bring it to me in its context, I would believe you. However, if you argue from your understanding I won't be inclined to take your word for it.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...