Total Posts:2|Showing Posts:1-2
Jump to topic:

Adam and Eve - My Interpretation (a fable)

Shield
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2015 6:28:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Adam and Eve

The Immortal King took a man from the surface of the Earth and planted a garden upon the surface of Eden, a world which lay across the expanse of space, and placed there the man whom had been taken. And from the ground the Immortal King grew every tree that was pleasing to the sight and good for food, with the Tree of Life and the Tree of Knowledge in the middle of the garden, a river system flowing throughout the whole of the garden. The Immortal King had the man tend to the garden and its waters, and commanded to him, saying, "Of every tree of the garden you are free to eat, but as for the Tree of Knowledge, you must not eat of it, for as soon as you eat of it, you shall die."

The Immortal King then said to the man, "It is not good for a man to be alone, so I shall retrieve for you a companion." And the Immortal King took all the creatures from the surface of the Earth, and brought them to the man so he could choose his companion. The man named each creature as they were shown to him, but he did not want any of them as his companion. So the Immortal King put the man to sleep and peered into his mind. The Immortal King knew then that the man longed for a woman, so taken from the surface of the Earth was that very woman. The Immortal King brought her to the man when he awoke, and the man and woman were in glee, for they had missed one another greatly. Then the man said, "Thank you. This is my one true love, my sole companion. She is my home." The man called her Eve, and she called him Adam. They did not realize that they were then both physically vulnerable and now at the mercy of the Immortal King.

A wise creature approached Eve and asked her, "Did the Immortal King really say not to eat the fruit of any tree upon Eden?" Eve replied to the creature, "No. We are allowed to eat the fruit of any tree upon Eden except that of the Tree of Knowledge. The Immortal King said that if we eat its fruit we will surely die." And the creature said to Eve, "You will not die. The Immortal King has lied to you because when you eat its fruit you will learn of the mechanisms of reality and you will become enlightened to morality." When Eve realized that the tree's fruit was good and beautiful, and that it would make her wise, she grasped its fruit and ate it. Eve then gave some to Adam, and he also ate it. Then the eyes of both of them were opened and they perceived that they were physically vulnerable, so they made themselves clothing and armor.

They heard the Immortal King coming towards them in the wind, so they hid in the forest. The Immortal King called out, "Adam, where are you?" Adam replied bravely, "We heard you coming, so we hid. But we have been enlightened and have fashioned ourselves clothing and armor, so no longer do we fear you." Then the Immortal King demanded, "Who told you that you were oppressed and at my mercy? Did you eat the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge?" Adam replied calmly, "Eve shared some of its fruit with me, and I ate it graciously." And the Immortal King yelled to Eve in rage, "Why have you done this?" Eve replied, "The creature persuaded me, so I ate it and shared it with Adam, and I am thankful."

Then the Immortal King cursed at the creature, "You will feel my wrath and never shall you be welcomed upon Eden. You, your fellow creatures, and humanity have become my enemies. You shall all be in anarchy as you are ungrateful of the structured society which I have provided you here. You all must reproduce, for you all shall remain mortal - at the end of your lives you shall become dust as you were. And, as you, they shall not be welcomed upon Eden and shall be disallowed its foods. You shall all live in toil and chaos and must find your own foods for all of your days. As humanity is now like me in its capacity for knowledge, it must never eat also from the Tree of Life, for then it would also be immortal like me; the same goes for you, creature." Thus, the Immortal King banished Adam, Eve, and the creature and its fellows from the surface of Eden and sent them back to the Earth from which they had evolved, the expanse of space - filled with stars and the sun - preventing their return to Eden and its Tree of Life.

Shield - 3/14/15
The proudest moment of my life was when i traveled a thousand miles for love and brought that love back with me those same thousand miles. Nothing that has ever happened, nor ever will, will ever take that pride away from my heart.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2015 6:31:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/14/2015 6:28:48 PM, Shield wrote:
Adam and Eve

The Immortal King took a man from the surface of the Earth and planted a garden upon the surface of Eden, a world which lay across the expanse of space, and placed there the man whom had been taken. And from the ground the Immortal King grew every tree that was pleasing to the sight and good for food, with the Tree of Life and the Tree of Knowledge in the middle of the garden, a river system flowing throughout the whole of the garden. The Immortal King had the man tend to the garden and its waters, and commanded to him, saying, "Of every tree of the garden you are free to eat, but as for the Tree of Knowledge, you must not eat of it, for as soon as you eat of it, you shall die."

The Immortal King then said to the man, "It is not good for a man to be alone, so I shall retrieve for you a companion." And the Immortal King took all the creatures from the surface of the Earth, and brought them to the man so he could choose his companion. The man named each creature as they were shown to him, but he did not want any of them as his companion. So the Immortal King put the man to sleep and peered into his mind. The Immortal King knew then that the man longed for a woman, so taken from the surface of the Earth was that very woman. The Immortal King brought her to the man when he awoke, and the man and woman were in glee, for they had missed one another greatly. Then the man said, "Thank you. This is my one true love, my sole companion. She is my home." The man called her Eve, and she called him Adam. They did not realize that they were then both physically vulnerable and now at the mercy of the Immortal King.

A wise creature approached Eve and asked her, "Did the Immortal King really say not to eat the fruit of any tree upon Eden?" Eve replied to the creature, "No. We are allowed to eat the fruit of any tree upon Eden except that of the Tree of Knowledge. The Immortal King said that if we eat its fruit we will surely die." And the creature said to Eve, "You will not die. The Immortal King has lied to you because when you eat its fruit you will learn of the mechanisms of reality and you will become enlightened to morality." When Eve realized that the tree's fruit was good and beautiful, and that it would make her wise, she grasped its fruit and ate it. Eve then gave some to Adam, and he also ate it. Then the eyes of both of them were opened and they perceived that they were physically vulnerable, so they made themselves clothing and armor.

They heard the Immortal King coming towards them in the wind, so they hid in the forest. The Immortal King called out, "Adam, where are you?" Adam replied bravely, "We heard you coming, so we hid. But we have been enlightened and have fashioned ourselves clothing and armor, so no longer do we fear you." Then the Immortal King demanded, "Who told you that you were oppressed and at my mercy? Did you eat the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge?" Adam replied calmly, "Eve shared some of its fruit with me, and I ate it graciously." And the Immortal King yelled to Eve in rage, "Why have you done this?" Eve replied, "The creature persuaded me, so I ate it and shared it with Adam, and I am thankful."

Then the Immortal King cursed at the creature, "You will feel my wrath and never shall you be welcomed upon Eden. You, your fellow creatures, and humanity have become my enemies. You shall all be in anarchy as you are ungrateful of the structured society which I have provided you here. You all must reproduce, for you all shall remain mortal - at the end of your lives you shall become dust as you were. And, as you, they shall not be welcomed upon Eden and shall be disallowed its foods. You shall all live in toil and chaos and must find your own foods for all of your days. As humanity is now like me in its capacity for knowledge, it must never eat also from the Tree of Life, for then it would also be immortal like me; the same goes for you, creature." Thus, the Immortal King banished Adam, Eve, and the creature and its fellows from the surface of Eden and sent them back to the Earth from which they had evolved, the expanse of space - filled with stars and the sun - preventing their return to Eden and its Tree of Life.

Shield - 3/14/15

You make the symbolic story of Adam and Eve more real-like than the make-believe world that Adam and Eve woke up in.