Total Posts:34|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

study

bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2015 8:59:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/16/2015 7:17:24 PM, madera wrote:
Why do Christians study the bible? The bible says study is weariness of the soul.

That's because they're not saints. They are antichrists who reject the spoken gospel that God's saints spoke to find His chosen believers. However, I have met a few chosen believers who call themselves Christians. They're the ones who never read the Bible and got deceived by it.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2015 10:07:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/16/2015 9:57:36 PM, madera wrote:
I am not into saint remarks.
do you consider yourself one?
Are you religious?

None of us saints or prophets were religious when we learned who we really were in God's creation.

A saint is only a name of the one God choses to testify to His knowledge and learn who we are.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2015 10:11:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/16/2015 7:17:24 PM, madera wrote:
Why do Christians study the bible? The bible says study is weariness of the soul.

I think you got the quote wrong..
Here is the correct version. Note it is not a weariness of the soul but a weariness of the flesh.
Ecc 12:12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

Here is another quote which encourages people to study.
2 Tim 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

1 Tim 4:11 And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;

Basically the idea is to mind your own business and remain quiet unless you actually know what you are talking about.

Proverbs 17:28 Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.

Study of anything at all makes people physically tired but that is the price you pay to gain knowledge, understanding and insight.

It is a small price to pay for much gain.
madera
Posts: 34
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2015 10:23:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Sky angel
Thanks for the correction on the quote.
But, the meaning is the same. It is a wearness.
I am not a bible thumper.
I am only a real Christian.
nice to meet you.
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 7:32:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/16/2015 10:30:14 PM, madera wrote:
A saint is perfect, we are all sinners.
Only God is perfect.

As I AM sinless and also a god in my very own personal little clay pot of thoughts.

So that would make me a PERFECT and sinless god.

I AM the Way, the Truth and the Life

Where I AM, there you may be also...

YOU just have to GROW UP and leave the childish ways of make believe and pretend realities (aka deceptions and lies called good) BEHIND YOU.

I found the Lord, Oh YES I found the Lord.

I was searching for crawdads and I found the Lord

boiled up those crawdads and shared with the Lord,

Praise the Heavens that I found the Lord...

EE: most overly wonderful and then some...

The content of this post was monitored by god himself so,No invisible God's or Scienceterrific Theories were harmed in the making of this post.

How does that FIT in with your STUDY?
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Harikrish
Posts: 11,014
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 7:41:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/16/2015 8:59:34 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 3/16/2015 7:17:24 PM, madera wrote:
Why do Christians study the bible? The bible says study is weariness of the soul.

That's because they're not saints. They are antichrists who reject the spoken gospel that God's saints spoke to find His chosen believers. However, I have met a few chosen believers who call themselves Christians. They're the ones who never read the Bible and got deceived by it.

How do you get deceived by something you never read? From your illogical posts anyone can gather you are a functioning idiot.
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 8:01:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/17/2015 7:52:28 AM, madera wrote:
You have the written words, but not the music,

pull my finger?
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
madera
Posts: 34
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 8:08:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Your question, how do you get deceived by something y0u never read? The bible says many are deceived because, they read but cannot understand it.

The answere is in the bible, find where it says "we read the bible, but we fail to perceive it." That ie why most christians are just born again turkeys.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,014
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 8:17:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/17/2015 8:08:01 AM, madera wrote:
Your question, how do you get deceived by something y0u never read? The bible says many are deceived because, they read but cannot understand it.

The answere is in the bible, find where it says "we read the bible, but we fail to perceive it." That ie why most christians are just born again turkeys.

Please read post #2 again by bornofgod. The operative word is 'read'.

BoG wrote: That's because they're not saints. They are antichrists who reject the spoken gospel that God's saints spoke to find His chosen believers. However, I have met a few chosen believers who call themselves Christians. They're the ones who never read the Bible and got deceived by it.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,014
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 8:35:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/17/2015 8:29:15 AM, madera wrote:
Reading is not perceiving.
that is also in scripture.

You don't read too good. You must be the ones who never read the Bible and got deceived by it.

Read BoG's post again. "That's because they're not saints. They are antichrists who reject the spoken gospel that God's saints spoke to find His chosen believers. However, I have met a few chosen believers who call themselves Christians. They're the ones who never read the Bible and got deceived by it."
madera
Posts: 34
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 8:53:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Once again you read but cannot perceive.
That is it in a nutshell.
All you know is what your eyes can see, it does reach your soul.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,014
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 9:07:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/17/2015 8:53:11 AM, madera wrote:
Once again you read but cannot perceive.
That is it in a nutshell.
All you know is what your eyes can see, it does reach your soul.

The soul does not play any part in your perception.

The question was: How do you get deceived by something you never read?

This was asked to show how illogical BoG's post was.

Big wrote: "That's because they're not saints. They are antichrists who reject the spoken gospel that God's saints spoke to find His chosen believers. However, I have met a few chosen believers who call themselves Christians. They're the ones who never read the Bible and got deceived by it."
madera
Posts: 34
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 9:57:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The soul plays a huge part of perception.
It is clear that with all your reading, you have not overcome your anger.
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 10:14:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I find the scriptures/bible a great read of religious fiction that has many meanings beneath, below, behind and beyond the great fiction it consists of.

There are some great examples of how most people are like lost sheep and they look for their leaders to lead them. The best religion is NO religion. That would include the religions of scientific theory as so called theory takes a lot of faith and belief to believe in it.
I realize that there are MANY that choose to try and believe with their doubts and confusion that the scriptures are some sort of actual; history with living characters.

Those are the type of people that enjoyed the ways of santa and other such fictions that are presented to the immature at thought and choice.

Lazy daydreamers don't want to give up their superstitious ways as it's ALL they have.

Get rid of ALL the superstition and what you have left is Heaven,

the land of chocolate milk and colored eggs.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
madera
Posts: 34
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 10:25:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I hate to bust your bubble, but the bible is not fiction.
The problem is reading it their eyes, not with their souls.
you are way off the charts.
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 10:37:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/17/2015 10:25:11 AM, madera wrote:
I hate to bust your bubble, but the bible is not fiction.
The problem is reading it their eyes, not with their souls.
you are way off the charts.

Is that what you said about santa before you grew out of it?
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 10:37:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/16/2015 7:17:24 PM, madera wrote:
Why do Christians study the bible? The bible says study is weariness of the soul.

Sorry, but it doesn't, in fact it says the exact opposite.

The nearest I could come up with to what you say is:

Ecclesiastes 12:12
ASV(i) 12 And furthermore, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

But that does not refer to the bible.

Studying the bible means life, refreshment, not weariness.

It can also draw you closer to God and Christ.
madera
Posts: 34
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 11:11:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Yes I know , but I still say weariness of the soul.
Study is still weariness. It is for intelliectual, not for the intelligent.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 11:14:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/16/2015 9:57:36 PM, madera wrote:
I am not into saint remarks.
do you consider yourself one?
Are you religious?

God considers bornofgod a saint.
12_13
Posts: 1,365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 12:53:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/16/2015 10:11:15 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 3/16/2015 7:17:24 PM, madera wrote:
Why do Christians study the bible? The bible says study is weariness of the soul.

I think you got the quote wrong..
Here is the correct version. Note it is not a weariness of the soul but a weariness of the flesh.
Ecc 12:12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.
...
Study of anything at all makes people physically tired but that is the price you pay to gain knowledge, understanding and insight.

It is a small price to pay for much gain.

I agree with you and thanks for studying the Bible and for showing what it says! :)

It means that if person studies, he can become tired. And obviously it is true. But it does not mean that we should not study, also because:

Instead, test everything. Hold on to what is good, but keep away from every kind of evil.
First Epistle to the Thessalonians 5:21
Harikrish
Posts: 11,014
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 1:24:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/17/2015 9:57:01 AM, madera wrote:
The soul plays a huge part of perception.
It is clear that with all your reading, you have not overcome your anger.

Show me how the soul plays a part in a persons perception. Perception is a cognitive function involving the brain.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,014
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 1:29:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/17/2015 11:11:16 AM, madera wrote:
Yes I know , but I still say weariness of the soul.
Study is still weariness. It is for intelliectual, not for the intelligent.

The verse says weariness of the flesh which is the body. Study can make your body and brain tired. You don't know what soul means. We have to add you to the illiterate list.
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 5:00:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/17/2015 1:29:17 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 3/17/2015 11:11:16 AM, madera wrote:
Yes I know , but I still say weariness of the soul.
Study is still weariness. It is for intelliectual, not for the intelligent.

The verse says weariness of the flesh which is the body. Study can make your body and brain tired. You don't know what soul means. We have to add you to the illiterate list.

Soul?

James Brown

get up off of that thing
ooh aah
I said get up off of that thing
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...