bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 6:01:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Share your methods here.

Deuteronomy 21:18-21

I like using flat stones. I take my sons to the park and make them sit across the pond from me. Then my friends and I try to skip the stones across the pond right into their face.

How do you do it?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 6:25:31 AM
At 3/19/2015 6:01:23 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Share your methods here.

I like using flat stones. I take my sons to the park and make them sit across the pond from me. Then my friends and I try to skip the stones across the pond right into their face.

How do you do it?

Typical atheist taking the bible out of context, clearly if you actually read the bible you will find that what God really mean't is that once you have a better scientific understanding of the world where earth quakes, famine, disease and lighting are not punishments by the Gods, once you establish democracy, once you develop equality of the sexes, once you develop critical thinking and skepticism and reject religious dogma...........then feel free to jettison alot of the old testament prescriptions and examples like what to do with disobedient children.

Silly, silly atheist.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 6:51:11 AM
At 3/19/2015 6:25:31 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Share your methods here.

How do you do it?

Typical atheist taking the bible out of context, clearly if you actually read the bible you will find that what God really mean't is that once you have a better scientific understanding of the world where earth quakes, famine, disease and lighting are not punishments by the Gods, once you establish democracy, once you develop equality of the sexes, once you develop critical thinking and skepticism and reject religious dogma...........then feel free to jettison alot of the old testament prescriptions and examples like what to do with disobedient children.

Silly, silly atheist.

I'm not an atheist. I'm a Catholic. I think children should be taught sex education, and who better to provide that education than priests.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 7:00:11 AM
Share your methods here.

How do you do it?

Technology makes following the scriptures so much easier. I make them all stand in a bunch in the middle of a circle of decently sized rocks while I drive my lawnmower around them. What once took a village an hour takes one man fifteen minutes thanks to the wonders of modern engineering.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 7:13:48 AM
Share your methods here.

How do you do it?

When a child is disobedient then the best way to stone them is to increase the power on the hydroponic lights and add a few more powerful substances and let the stoning begin.

Oh yeah, it's always more fun if you can make them watch a good movie.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 7:24:17 AM
Share your methods here.

How do you do it?

Silly, silly atheist.

Silly, silly theist, you have just made that up!
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 7:25:46 AM
Share your methods here.

How do you do it?

I just give them Weed. Did I misinterpret the bible or something?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 7:37:43 AM
Share your methods here.

How do you do it?

I got tired of throwing rocks so now I use a Baseball Pitching Machine.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 12:03:32 PM
Share your methods here.

How do you do it?

I let God handle that as he sees fit. Meteorites. He is 0 for 3 so far.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 12:13:49 PM
At 3/19/2015 12:03:32 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
Share your methods here.

How do you do it?

You have done good work my son.

My ... son ....

hmmmmm
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 12:17:30 PM
Share your methods here.

How do you do it?

I disobey my parents by going on DDO.

Does that mean I should be stoned? ;_;
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 12:21:00 PM
At 3/19/2015 12:13:49 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 3/19/2015 12:03:32 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
Share your methods here.

How do you do it?

You have done good work my son.

My ... son ....

hmmmmm

On a side note - I've lost three cars to "Acts of God". Perhaps he is a bad shot...
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
BblackkBbirdd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 12:38:17 PM
At 3/19/2015 12:17:30 PM, RevNge wrote:
Share your methods here.

How do you do it?

I disobey my parents by going on DDO.

Does that mean I should be stoned? ;_;

only if you are a glutton, and a drunkard,
Shall all the men of your city shall stone you with stones, that you die.
debate_power
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 2:53:22 PM
Share your methods here.

How do you do it?

I use boulders
You can call me Mark if you like.
debate_power
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 2:53:41 PM
At 3/19/2015 12:42:15 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
I prefer to get stoned with my children.
You can call me Mark if you like.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 3:07:42 PM
Share your methods here.

How do you do it?

While harsh by today's standards, that's because we live in a culture where that'd be considered wrong.
Almost the very nature of human beings is determined by the culture that they lived in. The stoning, while harsh, kept the young people obedient. Of course, if implemented today, it'd be a rule which was disobeyed by almost all teens, because it'd be contradictory to the culture of "youth power" that we've all grown up in. In a culture where being obedient to one's parents was ingrained at an early age and still encouraged during teenage and even adult years, that rule would be followed by most people.
We can't simply look at these things through the lens of today and condemn them as immoral or barbaric.
That's not to say necessarily that we should do that today, but for the Ancient Israelites it was a good rule.
By the way, the stoning thing would happen only if there was continued disobedience and refusal to listen to correction and discipline.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 3:28:44 PM
At 3/19/2015 7:24:17 AM, JJ50 wrote:
Share your methods here.

How do you do it?

Silly, silly atheist.

Silly, silly theist, you have just made that up!

Silly, silly people making things up!
Never fart near dog