Jump to topic:

Challenge to all DDO christians!

InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 12:48:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Ok, so I have addressed this several times before both online and in real life about how the trinity makes absolutely no sense. So far, pretty much the best explanations I have been able to receive were "The trinity isn't supposed to make sense", "you're just supposed to believe", etc. So my challenge to all you DDO Christians out there is to explain how the trinity works, in a way that makes sense. Oh, and Christians only in this thread, please. Atheists and other Non-Christians can go discuss these things elsewhere.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 12:50:07 PM
IM GOING TO CREATE MAN AND WOMEN WHO WILL EAT A FRUIT WHICH I PLACE IN FRONT OF THEM AND MAKE A TALKING SNAKE TO CONVINCE THEM TO EAT AFTER I TELL THEM NOT TO SO I CAN CONDEMN THEM FOR IT. THEN AFTER YEARS AND YEARS OF GENOCiDE AT MY COMMAND I WILL IMPREGNATE A VIRGIN WITH MYSELF AS A CHILD, SO THAT I CAN BE BORN. ONCE ALIVE, I WILL KILL MYSELF AS A SACRIFICE TO MYSELF TO SAVE YOU FROM THE SIN I ORIGINALLY CONDEMNED YOU TO!

TU-DUH!!
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 12:52:04 PM
At 7/20/2010 12:50:07 PM, FREEDO wrote:
IM GOING TO CREATE MAN AND WOMEN WHO WILL EAT A FRUIT WHICH I PLACE IN FRONT OF THEM AND MAKE A TALKING SNAKE TO CONVINCE THEM TO EAT AFTER I TELL THEM NOT TO SO I CAN CONDEMN THEM FOR IT. THEN AFTER YEARS AND YEARS OF GENOCiDE AT MY COMMAND I WILL IMPREGNATE A VIRGIN WITH MYSELF AS A CHILD, SO THAT I CAN BE BORN. ONCE ALIVE, I WILL KILL MYSELF AS A SACRIFICE TO MYSELF TO SAVE YOU FROM THE SIN I ORIGINALLY CONDEMNED YOU TO!

TU-DUH!!
She said Christians only. Respect it. Did you not join the group for good conduct?
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 12:53:00 PM
At 7/20/2010 12:52:04 PM, Mirza wrote:

TU-DUH!!
She said Christians only. Respect it. Did you not join the group for good conduct?

I'm sorry, I didn't even read it.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
PalinFan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 12:53:40 PM
Think of God as H2O (water) it comes in three different forms: gas, liquid and a solid. Though ice, steam and water are three different things they are also the same thing (water). This is an explanation of the trinity, different form but same God.
Super Man does not come close to the power of Jesus Christ - GodSands
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 12:54:28 PM

TU-DUH!!

http://www.myconfinedspace.com...
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 12:54:50 PM
At 7/20/2010 12:53:40 PM, PalinFan wrote:
Think of God as H2O (water) it comes in three different forms: gas, liquid and a solid. Though ice, steam and water are three different things they are also the same thing (water). This is an explanation of the trinity, different form but same God.

Yes, but ice, steam, and water aren't considered all the same thing when in the three different forms so failed analogy is fail.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 12:56:31 PM
At 7/20/2010 12:54:50 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Yes, but ice, steam, and water aren't considered all the same thing when in the three different forms so failed analogy is fail.

I don't think PalinFan is really a Christian but meh.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 1:04:28 PM

They are all still H2O just like all three forms are God.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 1:06:48 PM
At 7/20/2010 1:04:28 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

H20 can change from one form to another.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 1:07:53 PM
She said Christians only...

And now that you say that the simple response is that water, steam, and ice = H20, while e.g. Holy Spirit = spirit/ghost, and Jesus = flesh/bones etc. -- Not the same form, nor the same components.
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 1:10:50 PM
easy, the trinity are 3 distinct individuals. Heavenly father. Jesus Christ. The holy ghost. they basically want the same thing.

thats it on a basic level.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 1:11:36 PM
My explanation would get really philosophical and you said you don't like philosophy.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 1:13:34 PM
At 7/20/2010 1:06:48 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

H20 can change from one form to another.

So... what's your point? I am agreeing that the analagy makes sense of the Trinity.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 1:15:12 PM
At 7/20/2010 1:11:36 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
My explanation would get really philosophical and you said you don't like philosophy.

How about you explain it anyways for those who are interested in hearing your justification.

-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 1:18:48 PM
At 7/20/2010 1:07:53 PM, Mirza wrote:
She said Christians only...

I think she just wanted to avoid Atheist bashing, which I'm not.

And now that you say that the simple response is that water, steam, and ice = H20, while e.g. Holy Spirit = spirit/ghost, and Jesus = flesh/bones etc. -- Not the same form, nor the same components.

Yes, that same component is God. God manifest as flesh, as spirit, as God almighty.

-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
twsurber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 1:19:13 PM
I didn't know you were a believer Geo, that is awesomely great news!

I agree with Geo, Pooka, please share your thoughts on this.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 1:24:52 PM
At 7/20/2010 1:11:36 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

Just explain anyway. I might understand some stuff. Besides, you seem like one of the most intelligent theists here.
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 1:26:28 PM
At an attempt to answer this question
There is God the Father, his Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost
God the Father is the spiritual Father of us all
Now Jehovah the God of the Old Testament is often the God that is described he is Jesus Christ. For it says in the scriptures (I can't find the exact verse right now) that God the Father does no appear except to witness unto the Son. The Holy Ghost is often also called the Spirit

Now there are verses that seem to make it seem as though Christ is the Father and the Son the best explanation I have come upon so far is this

1)Your father is the person who gives you life or your name (in cases such as adoption)
2) We have been commanded to be born again in Christ
3)When we are born again Christ gives us a new heart, and we take his name upon us. These are the two characteristics of a father

So in a sense Christ is also our father
Whereas our Father that art in Heaven is the literal father of our spirits

Hope that cleared something just trying my best
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 1:31:28 PM
At 7/20/2010 1:19:13 PM, twsurber wrote:
I didn't know you were a believer Geo, that is awesomely great news!

I agree with Geo, Pooka, please share your thoughts on this.

He isn't a believer. He's very confident in his atheism, I believe. That doesn't mean he can't point out flaws in arguments for his own side - that's a lesson a lot of people could do with learning.
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 1:31:32 PM
At 7/20/2010 1:10:50 PM, Kahvan wrote:
easy, the trinity are 3 distinct individuals. Heavenly father. Jesus Christ. The holy ghost. they basically want the same thing.

InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 1:39:36 PM

I know that, but that still doesn't explain how it's monotheistic.
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 1:40:28 PM
At 7/20/2010 1:39:36 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

We worship God the Father in the name of Jesus Christ

That is why most prayers end in the name of Jesus Christ
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 1:47:24 PM
At 7/20/2010 1:46:44 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Find me biblical evidence.

Who is that to?

Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 1:51:15 PM
At 7/20/2010 1:39:36 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

One God; manifests in 3 ways.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 1:55:54 PM
At 7/20/2010 1:46:44 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Find me biblical evidence.

This is the main passage Christians extrapolate the trinity from, I believe: http://www.biblegateway.com...;
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 1:56:36 PM
Okay, let's try it this way. Remember Star Trek and there was the Borg? They were all sort of connected but had distinct functions. They could function independently sort of and were really unified at the same time. Let's now say that each Borg even had greater individuality and still were connected.

Or, how in the US we have individual states, with individual sort of cultures, but one unifying American center.

I never realized that this baffled people so much. I mean there are such gigantic questions to ponder and to get hung up on this i just don't get.