Jump to topic:

Christian Nihilism (A thougt)

ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2015 2:57:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I was driving down my car one night to hang out with my friends and remembered hearing of the idea of Christian Hedonism. I find it interesting that they took a secular philosophy and added a Christian spin on it. I then thought about my view and almost thought it was like a Christian Nihilist perspective. I thought my actions were meaningless because certain things like the second coming, harm or what not was bound to happen. Now I personally think we should still do things to help people, but it did make me think that it can be possible. Any thoughts?
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2015 3:11:21 PM
At 3/20/2015 2:57:50 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
I was driving down my car one night to hang out with my friends and remembered hearing of the idea of Christian Hedonism. I find it interesting that they took a secular philosophy and added a Christian spin on it. I then thought about my view and almost thought it was like a Christian Nihilist perspective. I thought my actions were meaningless because certain things like the second coming, harm or what not was bound to happen. Now I personally think we should still do things to help people, but it did make me think that it can be possible. Any thoughts?

About 2 seconds on google turned up this blog....
http://thechristiannihilist.blogspot.co.uk...
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2015 3:32:47 PM
At 3/20/2015 3:11:21 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 3/20/2015 2:57:50 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:

About 2 seconds on google turned up this blog....
http://thechristiannihilist.blogspot.co.uk...

What's your take on this?