Jump to topic:

What makes one religion the only truth?

GlimmerOfHope24
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 10:34:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
To my knowledge, most if not all religions (and their denominations) believe theirs to be the truest and most clear interpretation of God and his texts.

So, to all you religious people out there...
What makes your religion correct, whilst all others are not?

I mean it in the most respectable way possible, please don't take offence!
Rubikx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 10:36:09 AM
At 3/24/2015 10:34:18 AM, GlimmerOfHope24 wrote:
To my knowledge, most if not all religions (and their denominations) believe theirs to be the truest and most clear interpretation of God and his texts.

Whats the point of believing in one all powerful god if there are tons of other ones that just as powerful?
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 10:41:31 AM
In my opinion all religions are created by humans, as there is no evidence any real deity actual exists.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 12:01:30 PM

Only one religion actually worships the true God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the creator of all.

The rest are all rooted in Satan's attempts to draw people away from the true God.
RoderickSpode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 12:22:58 PM

It's not really an issue of my religion being right, but which religion is right? Someone could potentially defend their religion as being right because of some attachment they have to it (cultural, ethnic, ancestral, etc.), but whichever religion is right doesn't depend on who believes it.

And the word religion is just a term tagged to any belief with a spiritual emphasis. I believe Jesus is the only to God, and that belief has the term Christianity attached to it labeled as a religion. But I have specific reasons why I believe this that have nothing to do with any emotional attachments like those referred to in parenthesis.
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 1:03:52 PM

I think (almost) all religions have aspects of truth in them. All religions cannot be equally correct because they disagree with each other on things.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 1:59:24 AM

To my knowledge most scientific bodies of belief, think that their theory as to the origin of the universe, is the closest to the truth, and the most clear interpretation of the available data.

What makes each body believe that their theory is correct, whilst all others are not?
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 5:49:01 AM

It seems to me: equal parts ignorance, familiarity and narcissism.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 7:02:08 AM
Only one religion carries and evolves the Humanitarian Archetype through the generations and that is root Christianity, not Pauline Christianity, but root Christianity which is rooted in humanitarian concern while most all other religions are rooted in appeasement of God by ritual worship of supposed Rules of God. But these can't be of God because the Rules differ religion to religion, some completely contradicting the others.

I teach Celestial Torah Christianity which is the world's oldest identifiable religious symbolism system with spiritual iconography going back 32-35, 000 years to humankind's very first man-made figurines.
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 7:25:30 AM

The simple answer is the egotism of the 'believer'.

The reasoning of the ego goes like this: "If I believe it's true; it's true, and if you believe I'm wrong, you're wrong".

And of course this applies to the atheists just as well and as often as it applies to the religionists.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 8:49:42 AM
"What makes one religion the only truth?"

The answer to that question is the same as the answers to the questions of what makes one political belief or sports team the winning choice?

The many fanatics that follow their make believe and pretend realities.

When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you
If your heart is in your dream
No request is too extreme
As dreamers do
Faith is kind
She brings to those she loves
The sweet fulfillment of
Their secret longing
Like a bolt out of the blue
Fate steps in and sees you through
Your dreams come true

Boop-oop-a-doop!
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 8:58:48 AM

I mean it in the most respectable way possible, please don't take offence!: :

Religious people do not know that OUR CREATOR IS NOT RELIGIOUS. He used His plan called the beast, which are His thoughts to teach His people how to build visible objects with their hands so that He can use them as analogies to teach us the future and how we were created.

For every false god ( object built with human hands ) that is built, there has to be sets of knowledge to go along with it. This is where all the various languages were spawned as God gave each builder of the false gods some different words and names to go along with those buildings and other objects.

Think about the computer today. Think about all the different sets of knowledge that was needed in order to put all these ideas together and build all the false gods with. Each set of knowledge that a designer of a computer component uses to build it with is different than the knowledge used for a different computer component.

Each designer tries to protect this knowledge with patent rights. Think about how religious people protect the knowledge that goes along with their false gods ( churches built with human hands ) and their false deities they worship?
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 12:19:03 PM
You sound a bit like a short story by Ray Bradbury

You are stuck inside a computer game within your confused mind and you believe that you can't escape as it makes some sort of sense when you run it in a endless 8 track loop.

It's the splice that seems to be the hic up in your game plan.

Better have your hard drive fixed before it seizes up on you and a FIRE starts between your invisible wiggling ears.
Usagi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 12:42:17 PM
At 3/25/2015 1:59:24 AM, Gentorev wrote:

To my knowledge most scientific bodies of belief, think that their theory as to the origin of the universe, is the closest to the truth, and the most clear interpretation of the available data.

What makes each body believe that their theory is correct, whilst all others are not?

The difference is that those scientific bodies (at least the genuine ones) work pretty darn hard to disprove/prove their own hypotheses, will readily admit their fault if disproven, and support other bodies who are similarly working towards finding the truth (providing peer reviewing in particular).

It's less believing that "their theory is correct" and more "their theory has not been disproven yet".
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 1:43:53 PM
The scientific BIG heads are just as superstitious as the religious crowd.

There are far more lies in science then there are truths and facts.

If you have a large hole of space and air, there MUST be some cheese around it in scientific theory anyway.

I have noticed that scientific theories are like taking the salt and pepper you see and then making up a theory of a complete Denny's value breakfast with the works, including juice.
debate_power
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 5:52:58 PM

Well, I am the god of it... so I know for myself that it is correct...
You can call me Mark if you like.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 5:56:21 PM

It's technically all just "interpretation". There's this thing called "Omnism" that respects all beliefs as partial truth.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 6:19:19 PM
At 3/25/2015 7:02:08 AM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
Only one religion carries and evolves the Humanitarian Archetype through the generations and that is root Christianity, not Pauline Christianity, but root Christianity which is rooted in humanitarian concern while most all other religions are rooted in appeasement of God by ritual worship of supposed Rules of God. But these can't be of God because the Rules differ religion to religion, some completely contradicting the others.

I teach Celestial Torah Christianity which is the world's oldest identifiable religious symbolism system with spiritual iconography going back 32-35, 000 years to humankind's very first man-made figurines.

So you believe that your Jew hating religion is correct, whilst all others are not?
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 9:11:57 PM
At 3/25/2015 6:19:19 PM, Gentorev wrote:
At 3/25/2015 7:02:08 AM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:

So you believe that your Jew hating religion is correct, whilst all others are not?

What? Do you not know I am Jewish? I certainly don't hate Jews as I am one. What I hate is Judaism because it is based on religious fraud and is a very malignant racist religion that is inflicting its racist ideology on Palestinian Arabs. You need to to be able to distinguish between people and religious beliefs of people.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 9:15:20 PM
And I will add here, that if it wasn't for Israel, I wouldn't really care what Judaism teaches Jews as there are many false religions out there for people to be taken for rides on. But those religions, Abrahamic each and every one, that I criticize I criticize because real people are being killed for their tenets.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 9:28:48 PM
At 3/25/2015 9:15:20 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
And I will add here, that if it wasn't for Israel, I wouldn't really care what Judaism teaches Jews as there are many false religions out there for people to be taken for rides on. But those religions, Abrahamic each and every one, that I criticize I criticize because real people are being killed for their tenets.

And will continue to be killed until He, The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, takes his throne in Jerusalem and judges the whole world with justice.

Acts 17: 31; "For He, has fixed a day, (The Great Sabbath) in which he shall judge the whole world with justice by means of a MAN that he has CHOSEN. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising that MAN from death.