Can Someone Explain...

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 11:33:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Who and what exactly bornofgod is?

I know that hes an active user with some sort of mission but his posts are usually so long and rambling that I skip them. Does he think hes some kind of prophet or something?

A simple explanation would be appreciated.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 11:36:54 AM
At 3/24/2015 11:33:12 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

I know that hes an active user with some sort of mission but his posts are usually so long and rambling that I skip them. Does he think hes some kind of prophet or something?

You know those homeless people preaching on street corners that God speaks to them? bornofgod is literally one of those people. Based on his own posts about himself, he has very little education, is a former(?) alcoholic, had to sell all of his possessions, and seems to be living on the streets. By his own admission, he preaches on street corners and begs for money. So basically imagine one of those crazy people on street corners found DDO. That's bornofgod.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 11:36:54 AM

You know those homeless people preaching on street corners that God speaks to them? bornofgod is literally one of those people. Based on his own posts about himself, he has very little education, is a former(?) alcoholic, had to sell all of his possessions, and seems to be living on the streets. By his own admission, he preaches on street corners and begs for money. So basically imagine one of those crazy people on street corners found DDO. That's bornofgod.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 11:38:17 AM
At 3/24/2015 11:36:54 AM, bluesteel wrote:

Interesting... how does he use the web so much?

And is DDO his primary venue of ministry?
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 11:39:53 AM

As far as his beliefs, he thinks Jesus was not the son of God, but was merely a prophet (i.e. the Muslim position), and that he (bornofgod) is the most recent prophet of God. He thinks everything he says on DDO and writes on his blog is the literal word of God because he (bornofgod) is the "Voice of God." I don't think he believes that God literally speaks to him and he repeats it; it seems as though he thinks that God "authorized" him to speak on His behalf, so anything that comes out of his own brain is automatically the word of God.
sdavio
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 11:41:29 AM

Bornofgod is a prophet of god, who recieves God's word intuitively through his mind, and transcribes what God tells him as posts and videos. The only people who can understand them are those chosen by God. His views seem to overlap with the Bible in some aspects, but he is not a Christian, and believes that Christians and religious people in general are deluded; in fact, more deluded than atheists, since science is the method God has used to allow humans to understand God through the analogy of technology.

Brad (BOG) knows he's going to die sometime soon, because he had a dream where he is killed by a man with a gun. He isn't afraid of this, because he knows that this life is only an illusion created by God, and that after the illusion ends we all will find ourselves in the 'next world'.
"Logic is the money of the mind." - Karl Marx
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 11:42:02 AM
At 3/24/2015 11:38:17 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Don't know. He said he sold his laptop for $25 in another post. I assume he somehow has an inexpensive cell phone with internet access or he spends all his time on a public computer.

Based on how often he is on here, I think so, but he also preaches on street corners. I have no idea honestly how he divides his time.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 11:54:19 AM
At 3/24/2015 11:41:29 AM, sdavio wrote:

Bornofgod is a prophet of god, who recieves God's word intuitively through his mind, and transcribes what God tells him as posts and videos. The only people who can understand them are those chosen by God. His views seem to overlap with the Bible in some aspects, but he is not a Christian, and believes that Christians and religious people in general are deluded; in fact, more deluded than atheists, since science is the method God has used to allow humans to understand God through the analogy of technology.

Brad (BOG) knows he's going to die sometime soon, because he had a dream where he is killed by a man with a gun. He isn't afraid of this, because he knows that this life is only an illusion created by God, and that after the illusion ends we all will find ourselves in the 'next world'.

So he's a gnostic?
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 11:55:11 AM
At 3/24/2015 11:42:02 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 3/24/2015 11:38:17 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Don't know. He said he sold his laptop for $25 in another post. I assume he somehow has an inexpensive cell phone with internet access or he spends all his time on a public computer.

Based on how often he is on here, I think so, but he also preaches on street corners. I have no idea honestly how he divides his time.

Thanks for the info. I really couldn't figure out for the life of me what his message was through the few posts I've read from him. Appreciate it.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 11:58:11 AM

Well so far he has claimed to be a Saint, Christ, and even God himself, as far as I can tell.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 11:58:52 AM
At 3/24/2015 11:58:11 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Well so far he has claimed to be a Saint, Christ, and even God himself, as far as I can tell.

So I can safely dismiss his posts. Good to know.
sdavio
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 11:58:57 AM
At 3/24/2015 11:54:19 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

So he's a gnostic?

I'm not sure about that, I don't know much about theology; but he does talk about this world being an illusion, or simulation, a lot.
"Logic is the money of the mind." - Karl Marx
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 12:00:50 PM
At 3/24/2015 11:58:57 AM, sdavio wrote:
At 3/24/2015 11:54:19 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

So he's a gnostic?

I'm not sure about that, I don't know much about theology; but he does talk about this world being an illusion, or simulation, a lot.

Yeah that's a gnostic position.

Gnosticisim is "collection of ancient religions whose adherents shunned the material world - which they viewed as created by the demiurge - and embraced the spiritual world."
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 12:01:39 PM
At 3/24/2015 11:55:11 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Thanks for the info. I really couldn't figure out for the life of me what his message was through the few posts I've read from him. Appreciate it.

You did the right thing asking here. There's no point asking him yourself what he believes. He can't answer simple questions like "is the Bible a work of fiction?" He'll give a rambling explanation about how he is the Voice of God, and then when you point out he didn't answer your question, he'll say you just won't understand the truth of his answer until some future point in time when it will become clear.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 12:01:39 PM

You did the right thing asking here. There's no point asking him yourself what he believes. He can't answer simple questions like "is the Bible a work of fiction?" He'll give a rambling explanation about how he is the Voice of God, and then when you point out he didn't answer your question, he'll say you just won't understand the truth of his answer until some future point in time when it will become clear.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 12:05:33 PM
At 3/24/2015 12:01:39 PM, bluesteel wrote:

You're double posting by the way, which I thought was impossible due to the anti-repeat post feature.

But yeah I felt I had to ask because he's such a constant figure around here (and I've been around the Religion forum more often lately) but couldn't make heads or tails of him. Now I understand better though.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 12:10:44 PM
At 3/24/2015 12:05:33 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/24/2015 12:01:39 PM, bluesteel wrote:

You're double posting by the way, which I thought was impossible due to the anti-repeat post feature.

I'm not doing it on purpose. My laptop's built in mouse keeps double clicking and DDO is broken so it double posts....

But yeah I felt I had to ask because he's such a constant figure around here (and I've been around the Religion forum more often lately) but couldn't make heads or tails of him. Now I understand better though.

That's good. Btw, he also considers Christians (what he calls "Gentiles") to be the antichrist. There's no coherence to his beliefs or his terminology. You can get a better sense of what he preaches, but the more you dig into it, the less sense it will make.