See You Later!

Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 5:03:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hey guys,

I'm leaving DDO for a while (hopefully permanently), I was going to put it off for a couple more days while I finish my arguments against Anna, but decided to just screw it and finish the round quickly. Might as well get started on bigger and better (normatively speaking - hah) things now rather than tomorrow. So this is bye for now, and more of an FYI for people who might want to contact me outside of DDO. I still love debating religion, and will probably seek other avenues to do so (blogging, or generally writing stuff/essays, not sure yet), but DDO is severally hindering my personal productivity, so it's got to go whatever my plans are going to be.

Thus, if people want to get in touch with me outside of DDO, then shoot me a PM, I will be around for tomorrow to answer them and I will give you my contact details (assuming I actually know you), otherwise contact zmikecuber or any of the online mafia regulars and they will put you in touch in some way (Mikal, Joey, AngelOfDeath, Annie, etc.), I'll gladly join/talk/argue about most things theological.

In any case, it's been fun here, I am not going to name anyone since that would only be to satisfy their selfish self-interests... and if I talk to you on a regular basis on DDO then I probably like you. If I largely ignore you...then maybe not. Thus you can qualify yourself for self-gratification =p. I leave you with the two debates I just finished today, I definitely recommend checking them out (they will reach voting period soon), see you and take care guys!
http://www.debate.org...
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 5:08:09 PM
Sorry to see you depart, Envisage. I've greatly enjoyed your contributions.

Of course, if you're reading this, then you're guilty of the very self-gratification you accused others of!

Either way, please accept my best wishes for your further endeavours.
WillYouMarryMe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 5:21:06 PM
Good bye, Envisage. I wish you the best of luck in life.
You're a genius, and your contributions to the site have been invaluable.
I'll miss you =(
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 6:06:17 PM
Goodbye.

I await your return. People tend to be unable to escape.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 6:15:37 PM
Eat my shorts.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 6:16:00 PM
Something I do from time to time is I just take breaks from DDO for a time, a week, a month a few months, half a year ?

I would hope that you do something similar and not permanently go away for ever.

Think of the children !!!
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 6:56:54 PM
Stay connected and PM your future contact. I enjoyed reading your debates. Unfortunately I agreed with your positions or I would have expressed my disagreement to draw your attention.
I am sure you will be back. How can you resist beating a bunch of religious fundamentalists already certified as mentally ill? They would be banned on most sites.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 7:18:18 AM
See you Envisage. Your contributions will be missed, especially now when the crazies seem to be taking over the asylum. (But then, that is probably what helped to drive you away).
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 12:36:49 AM
At 3/24/2015 5:03:19 PM, Envisage wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm leaving DDO for a while (hopefully permanently), I was going to put it off for a couple more days while I finish my arguments against Anna, but decided to just screw it and finish the round quickly. Might as well get started on bigger and better (normatively speaking - hah) things now rather than tomorrow. So this is bye for now, and more of an FYI for people who might want to contact me outside of DDO. I still love debating religion, and will probably seek other avenues to do so (blogging, or generally writing stuff/essays, not sure yet), but DDO is severally hindering my personal productivity, so it's got to go whatever my plans are going to be.

Thus, if people want to get in touch with me outside of DDO, then shoot me a PM, I will be around for tomorrow to answer them and I will give you my contact details (assuming I actually know you), otherwise contact zmikecuber or any of the online mafia regulars and they will put you in touch in some way (Mikal, Joey, AngelOfDeath, Annie, etc.), I'll gladly join/talk/argue about most things theological.

In any case, it's been fun here, I am not going to name anyone since that would only be to satisfy their selfish self-interests... and if I talk to you on a regular basis on DDO then I probably like you. If I largely ignore you...then maybe not. Thus you can qualify yourself for self-gratification =p. I leave you with the two debates I just finished today, I definitely recommend checking them out (they will reach voting period soon), see you and take care guys!

Nice chatting with you, best of luck.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 12:49:18 AM
Hey guys,

I do want to say, posting this in the religion forum was a stroke genius. I tip my hat to you. :-)
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 8:35:19 AM
@Envisage was an inspiration to me. I'm sorry to see him leave; I would say he was one of (in my opinion) the best debaters on the site, rivaling legends like Subutai, RoyLatham, Bluesteel, and Zarroette. I await your return, Envisage!
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 9:41:45 AM
Hey guys,

I completely understand your reasons.

The forum will be a poorer place without you. If you ever return in the future, no matter for how long, it will be regarded by thinking posters as a good thing.

Good luck.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 9:55:50 AM
Maybe if Envisage is challenged more he might change his mind. Surely there must be a few bright Christians left to tease his instincts.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 9:57:01 AM
Hey guys,

Sorry to see you go, E. Come back and visit, will ya?!
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 11:53:08 AM
Hey guys,

Well, Anna seems to have run away anyway, lol.,

All the best.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 5:30:37 PM
Hey guys,

- Best of luck, you'll be missed ;) .
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Philocat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 5:41:33 PM
Farewell, Envisage. You are clearly a very intelligent man and I will miss your debates.

Good luck in whatever life throws at you :)
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2015 2:21:15 PM
At 3/26/2015 9:55:50 AM, Harikrish wrote:

Maybe if Envisage is challenged more he might change his mind. Surely there must be a few bright Christians left to tease his instincts.

You did to the bright Christian,s what you think the dumb christians did to the bright Envisage.

And the wheel in the sky keeps on turning.......
ThinkFirst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2015 2:25:15 PM
Hey guys,

Take care, and be well. Sad to see you leave.
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 5:56:09 AM
Hey guys,

As much as I will miss you, I think that it is good that you've had the strength to release yourself from something you no longer find worth your time. A better life isn't lived in solidarity and comfort. It's filled with risk and adventure, which you seem to have realised. I hope you find whatever it is you're looking for, too.

But please come back in the future, if only for a week or two, so we can split our overall debate tie (the longer you wait, the closer I will be to being as good as bluesteel). I would also like to remind you of your nationality (again) =)