Jump to topic:

Talk on Science in holy books

Inamah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 6:02:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I am new to this website, i was hoping to understand people's belief of the Holy books like the Quran and the Bible. People obviously have different interpretations of their own holy book. I'm just wondering what's people's view on science in holy books, whether you think they are False interpretations or they seem to be interesting facts hidden inside.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 6:07:46 PM
At 3/24/2015 6:02:27 PM, Inamah wrote:
I am new to this website, i was hoping to understand people's belief of the Holy books like the Quran and the Bible. People obviously have different interpretations of their own holy book. I'm just wondering what's people's view on science in holy books, whether you think they are False interpretations or they seem to be interesting facts hidden inside.

Science attempts to be as accurate and rigorous as possible. It measures solar time to the tenth of second, while both the Quran and the Bible can't even figure out the length of a day, it's been estimated somewhere between 24 hours and 1000 years.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 4:30:05 AM
At 3/24/2015 6:07:46 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/24/2015 6:02:27 PM, Inamah wrote:

Science attempts to be as accurate and rigorous as possible. It measures solar time to the tenth of second, while both the Quran and the Bible can't even figure out the length of a day, it's been estimated somewhere between 24 hours and 1000 years.

Planet Hours
1Mercury 4222.6
2Venus 2802
3Pluto 153.282
4Mars 24.6597
5Earth 24
6Uranus 17.24
7Neptune 16.11
8Saturn 10.656
9Jupiter 9.9259

A cosmic year, is the time taken for our solar system to revolve around the centre of the Milky Way galaxy, 225-250 million years. And there is a heavenly 1,000 year day.