Jump to topic:

Here's a Real Christian for you

dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 1:23:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This is how Christians think about their fellow man who just happen not to believe the way they do.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com...='Duck+Dynasty's'+Phil+Robertson+Imagines+Brutal+Attack+on+Atheists+in+Graphic+Speech
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 1:12:12 PM
At 3/25/2015 1:23:22 PM, dhardage wrote:
This is how Christians think about their fellow man who just happen not to believe the way they do.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com...='Duck+Dynasty's'+Phil+Robertson+Imagines+Brutal+Attack+on+Atheists+in+Graphic+Speech

Now, here is a valid example of the fallacy. Take note.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 1:33:16 PM
It sounds to me like the Left-Wing media in all its hippie splendor is trying to conjure up a controversy out of thin air.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 1:45:03 PM
At 3/29/2015 1:33:16 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
It sounds to me like the Left-Wing media in all its hippie splendor is trying to conjure up a controversy out of thin air.

Fortunately you have a right wing nut job in all its splendor delivering some grand scale example of ignorance to make it happen.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 1:49:57 PM
At 3/29/2015 1:45:03 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Fortunately you have a right wing nut job in all its splendor delivering some grand scale example of ignorance to make it happen.

What he basically seemed to be saying was this:
"Atheists, watch as your wife and daughter get raped before your eyes and then murdered and tell me that evil doesn't exist."
This is what Liberals interpreted it as:
"Atheists, I hope that your wife and daughter get raped and killed before your eyes because that would be so awesome".
Thus, I have concluded that the Liberal media is making a scandal where there is none.

The DDO Blog:

annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 2:04:55 PM
At 3/29/2015 1:49:57 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

"Atheists, watch as your wife and daughter get raped before your eyes and then murdered and tell me that evil doesn't exist."
"Atheists, I hope that your wife and daughter get raped and killed before your eyes because that would be so awesome".
Thus, I have concluded that the Liberal media is making a scandal where there is none.

That's true. It's a bunch of nuts trying to conjure up a story where there is none.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Benshapiro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 2:05:58 PM

That seems to be the case.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 2:06:56 PM

Oh no, the former was the grand scale of ignorance he displayed. The latter is just something you made up.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 2:09:15 PM
At 3/29/2015 2:06:56 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Oh no, the former was the grand scale of ignorance he displayed. The latter is just something you made up.

I made up nothing.
It doesn't seem that he said anything advocating violence against atheists; rather, he's a vocal Christian, so the media instinctively uses him as a punching bag.

The DDO Blog:

DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 2:16:03 PM
At 3/29/2015 2:09:15 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

I made up nothing.

And, now you've followed it up with a denial.

It doesn't seem that he said anything advocating violence against atheists; rather, he's a vocal Christian

Yes, a vocal Christian who displays massive ignorance.

so the media instinctively uses him as a punching bag.

But, it's perfectly okay for him to make a punching bag of atheists.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 2:23:01 PM
At 3/29/2015 2:16:03 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

I made up nothing.

It doesn't seem that he said anything advocating violence against atheists; rather, he's a vocal Christian

He called out a perceived flaw in their argument. Regardless of whether or not his rebuttal was warranted or a good argument, what he does not seem to have done is advocate violence against atheists. Let's at least be clear about that.

The DDO Blog:

ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 2:45:38 PM

Phil Robertson is a Calvinistic coward who can preach grace, but doesn't practice it. He also lacks intellect.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 2:51:05 PM
At 3/29/2015 2:45:38 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:

Phil Robertson is a Calvinistic coward who can preach grace, but doesn't practice it. He also lacks intellect.

The dude did nothing wrong in this instance.

The DDO Blog:

Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 3:10:34 PM

He is wearing the wrong camouflage. Everyone seems to recognize him.
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 3:54:04 PM
At 3/29/2015 2:51:05 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

He is making up strawmen arguments. No atheist would ever say anything like that or be that insane and say "Nothing's wrong with this." Every time I hear that argument, they think it's the bible and the Ten Commandments in the bible that lets you know what's right and wrong. No! It's that your in the image of God that you know how to make judgements. So when people argue like Phil did, they deny we were made in the image of God.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 3:56:44 PM
At 3/29/2015 3:54:04 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:

He is making up strawmen arguments. No atheist would ever say anything like that or be that insane and say "Nothing's wrong with this." Every time I hear that argument, they think it's the bible and the Ten Commandments in the bible that lets you know what's right and wrong. No! It's that your in the image of God that you know how to make judgements. So when people argue like Phil did, they deny we were made in the image of God.

I'm referring to the OP, which accuses him of encouraging violence against atheists.

The DDO Blog:

Philocat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 4:09:42 PM
The only thing this guy did wrong is generalise the atheistic view of morality, but this is insignificant compared to the huge amount of blatant generalisation of theists that is done everyday, including in this thread.

He may have not even been generalising atheists at all, it is possible that he was referring to the standpoint of moral nihilism that is somewhat prevalent among atheists.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 4:17:04 PM
At 3/29/2015 2:23:01 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/29/2015 2:16:03 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

I made up nothing.

He called out a perceived flaw in their argument.

He did no such thing, had you read the article, you would see the opening paragraphs explained:

"Phil Robertson delivered a graphic speech about atheism at an annual prayer meeting in Florida Friday.

"In the speech, Robertson imagined a hypothetical scenario in which an atheist and his family were brutalized by two men who break into his home."

No one was making any arguments, Robertson was making the whole thing up.

Regardless of whether or not his rebuttal was warranted or a good argument, what he does not seem to have done is advocate violence against atheists. Let's at least be clear about that.

And yet, his statement was of some of the most violent and brutal nature, in fact, he said he was having fun...

"But you"re the one who says there is no God, there"s no right, there"s no wrong, so we"re just having fun. We're sick in the head, have a nice day,' " Robertson said. "

Massive ignorance. Robertson is a douche bag.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 4:58:36 PM
Look at how many of them are claiming that it's christians being persecuted by those vast majority of the godless.

Does wonders for their patheticism, the basis of their faith.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 10:30:49 PM

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com...='Duck+Dynasty's'+Phil+Robertson+Imagines+Brutal+Attack+on+Atheists+in+Graphic+Speech : :

God's atheists aren't much different than God's Christians. They both imagine the worst in each other.

We saints know that someone killing a man's wife and kids are only illusions so there's nothing to be concerned about. Illusions aren't real.
Burzmali
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 1:52:32 AM
At first I thought the guy was messed up to have conjured such a grisly horror to try to make his point. But then I remembered that he reads the Bible. That must be what inspired his little murder/pederasty fantasy. I honestly wish I could tell him and all of his ilk that if you need to believe in a god in order to avoid going around killing and raping, then please, please keep believing. Don't let anyone ever sway you. Sure, religions prompt their fair share of violence, but who knows how many potential child-raping murderers, like Mr. Robertson, are actually held at bay by their god delusion.
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 8:25:48 AM
At 3/29/2015 3:56:44 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/29/2015 3:54:04 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:

I'm referring to the OP, which accuses him of encouraging violence against atheists.

I accused him of nothing, just talked said this is how he thinks.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 10:25:07 AM
At 3/29/2015 1:12:12 PM, ethang5 wrote:

Now, here is a valid example of the fallacy. Take note.

Probably, but can you explain how instead of making a bare assertion, so I can understand it better?
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 10:11:35 PM

That's not what he was stating. Without God, there are is no morality, that is the point he is attempting to make against atheists.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...