Jump to topic:

Question to Athiests

POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 3:24:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
which Law you prefer to live under as an athiest (the law of the country..) - Islamic, Jewish or Christian (restricted one they must follow the Bible...). and which one is the worst lol
Never fart near dog
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 4:53:05 PM
Religious texts obviously do not cover stuff like traffic code and dealing drugs, so other laws are needed. However, in a nation which was founded upon a certain religion, it's laws would need to be based on that religion's principles and moral code.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 4:54:13 PM
At 3/25/2015 4:53:05 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Religious texts obviously do not cover stuff like traffic code and dealing drugs, so other laws are needed. However, in a nation which was founded upon a certain religion, it's laws would need to be based on that religion's principles and moral code.

Why would laws 'need' to be a derivative of a religions principals or values?
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 5:04:40 PM
At 3/25/2015 4:54:13 PM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

Not in the United States, but in a theocracy built upon a certain religion.

You see, a nation is for its people. If a large enough group of people who share a religion get together and decide that they want to live in a place where their religion is THE religion, then they should be able to have such a place available somewhere on Earth. Of course, this does come with some problems. MaInly the fact that few large areas are completely unpopulated in the modern age, meaning that unless you go to Ellesmere Island or something, there will be people already living in said area who have a different religion and don't want to live according to said religion. Also, even among the religious population some dissenters would emerge. I believe that these problems can be overcome.

The DDO Blog:

intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 5:35:31 PM
At 3/25/2015 5:04:40 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

You see, a nation is for its people. If a large enough group of people who share a religion get together and decide that they want to live in a place where their religion is THE religion, then they should be able to have such a place available somewhere on Earth. Of course, this does come with some problems. MaInly the fact that few large areas are completely unpopulated in the modern age, meaning that unless you go to Ellesmere Island or something, there will be people already living in said area who have a different religion and don't want to live according to said religion. Also, even among the religious population some dissenters would emerge. I believe that these problems can be overcome.

I suppose that if thats what the general consensus is, then establishing laws in a theocracy from religious morals is suitable.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 5:38:27 PM
At 3/25/2015 3:24:05 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
which Law you prefer to live under as an athiest (the law of the country..) - Islamic, Jewish or Christian (restricted one they must follow the Bible...). and which one is the worst lol

Each doctrine enshrines evil.

To condone evil law is an evil act, so I cannot approve of any.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 5:38:41 PM
At 3/25/2015 5:35:31 PM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 3/25/2015 5:04:40 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

I suppose that if thats what the general consensus is, then establishing laws in a theocracy from religious morals is suitable.

Despite this, people act as though we should do all we can to change Saudi Arabia. So they have Sharia Law. So what?
Of course, as a provision towards that minority, they should be given the chance to accept a government-provided immigration trip to the country of their choosing.

The DDO Blog: