Total Posts:24|Showing Posts:1-24
Jump to topic:

CALLING Yvette!

DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2010 4:10:49 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Posted: 2 days ago
At 7/19/2010 1:46:41 PM, Yvette wrote:

So, Bible literalists. A few questions:

1. Are you sick or what?

'sick' meaning 'mentally ill'.. THAT'S your argument? to accuse us of being crazy!

You mistake argument for accusation. And sick, meaning morally screwed up, to worship a god which kills innocents.

You are clearly using accusation to forward your argument; to discredit our viewpoint.

2. Obviously, God doesn't care about free will when it comes to getting people to believe in and worship him. So with that in mind why doesn't God still do this? Why hasn't he killed all the firstborns of Iran so the world believes in him and worships him? He's done it once already.

He absolutely cares about free will BUT He can see exactly who will/is capable of turning to Him and who is not, those who won't/can't He uses to test those that can/will.

So why did he bother forcing the Pharaoh's mind if Pharaoh was just going to take the same action anyway? And why punish the Pharaoh's people (innocent people and animals no less) for their leader's decision?

Who said he would take the same action? WHO is innocent? you are so full of assumptions (not to mention pride) that you cannot see.

3. Was it morally acceptable, to you, to not only kill innocents (did they go to Heaven or hell? They were heathens after all) but enjoy the suffering it caused their parents?

Define innocent! No-one is innocent, For 'ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God'..

Even fetuses? Even infants? Even Jesus?

No, we are BORN sinful; THAT is why we are SO against the murder of the unborn.. But yes, ALL infants know how to deceive, no-one teaches them!

You're saying it was morally acceptable because no one is innocent--therefor murder isn't wrong? Doesn't that contradict a few things?

The word 'murder' applies to the wilful slaughter of one human being by ANOTHER human being: we may NOT judge God, HE JUDGES US!

BUT, MUCH MUCH more importantly; the OT is a physical representation of spiritual truths. So, when we become Christians, we are to SPIRITUALLY kill all the things within us that are not of God.

Either you're a Bible literalist or you aren't. And if it's so important to know that, why doesn't it specifically say, at the beginning of the OT, "just a metaphor"? Why would God allow all these horrible things to be read knowing people will look to it for moral guidance? And if it's "just a metaphor", why are you defending murder?

Oh I am a Literalist.. I literally believe that the OT is a shadow of Spiritual Truths.

EXACTLY the same with Lot and his daughters; when we are confronted with Evil we are to offer it the very best we have! (a virgin daughter is the best a man has to offer)

It didn't matter that the girl shouldn't have been raped? The daughter wasn't his property. Fathers don't have the right to offer their daughters to be raped.

But they were not raped BECAUSE he did the right thing..
The thing you leave out of ALL your argument is GOD.

If you guys will humble yourselves for one minute and stop ASSUMING you already understand these things then God will reveal Himself to you.

Why do you assume everyone but you is humble? Can you not stop for a second and realize how wrong what you're supporting is?

You simply do not understand what you are talking about, and because you sit there with your arms folded in a self-righteous hissy fit you CANNOT learn; humble yourself! desire the Truth WHATEVER it costs you!

Thank you to Bible literalists for continuing to show just how sickening Bible literalism is. So far we've got Bible literalists justifying child murder, genocide, human sacrifice, stripping of human will, and fathers tossing their daughters out to be raped. Really, thank you.

No, thank you for this self righteous rant; You 'make yourself good' by pointing your finger (at God!) and saying 'bad!'
If you do not have true righteousness (Jesus Christ) then this is ALL you have.. and, believe me, I do pity you.

Consider:

Genesis 3:8-13 (New International Version)

8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the LORD God called to the man, "Where are you?"

10 He answered, "I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid."

11 And he said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?"

12 The man said, "The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it."
13 Then the LORD God said to the woman, "What is this you have done?"
The woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate."As SOON as they fell from grace, broke faith with God, they started pointing the finger! This is what you and the whole world is doing; THAT'S why we NEED Osama Bin Laden.. and Charles Manson.. and Hitler et al, So that WE can feel good IN COMPARISON!

Jesus is real, Yvette.. He loves you and He died for you.

Do not close your heart or mind to Him.
The Cross.. the Cross.
JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2010 8:36:51 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/22/2010 4:10:49 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Oh I am a Literalist.. I literally believe that the OT is a shadow of Spiritual Truths.

Yeah <shady glances> - it's in the emanations of the penumbra. You have to look really close and squint... makes some stuff up... plagiarize a messiah, and BAM! You have a religion!
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 6:57:46 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/23/2010 8:36:51 AM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
At 7/22/2010 4:10:49 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Oh I am a Literalist.. I literally believe that the OT is a shadow of Spiritual Truths.

Yeah <shady glances> - it's in the emanations of the penumbra. You have to look really close and squint... makes some stuff up... plagiarize a messiah, and BAM! You have a religion!

No, you have to have the spirit of God to perceive spiritual truths:

1 Corinthians 2:14
The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 9:05:05 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Actually where is Yvette?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 10:04:39 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/26/2010 9:05:05 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Actually where is Yvette?

No clue but rape is NOT the right thing ever. Watch any rapist on trial and if they said they were following God they will go to the nut house or even more time in prison, or put to death so they can be "with God" forever.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 10:09:08 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/26/2010 10:04:39 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/26/2010 9:05:05 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Actually where is Yvette?

No clue but rape is NOT the right thing ever. Watch any rapist on trial and if they said they were following God they will go to the nut house or even more time in prison, or put to death so they can be "with God" forever.

Is rape subjective or objective?
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 10:17:33 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/26/2010 10:09:08 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 7/26/2010 10:04:39 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/26/2010 9:05:05 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Actually where is Yvette?

No clue but rape is NOT the right thing ever. Watch any rapist on trial and if they said they were following God they will go to the nut house or even more time in prison, or put to death so they can be "with God" forever.

Is rape subjective or objective?

Pretty objective. Sexual intercourse with one or more unwilling party. course I heard its anything sexual but that would mean I was raped, and I'm still against that too.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 10:26:17 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/26/2010 10:17:33 AM, lovelife wrote:
Pretty objective. Sexual intercourse with one or more unwilling party.
Hmm. So if they were willing at first, but then start to change their mind 1/2 way through, does it still count?

course I heard its anything sexual but that would mean I was raped, and I'm still against that too.
Well...if someone's breasts get fondled w/o permission, I don't think it's rape.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 10:31:29 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/26/2010 10:26:17 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 7/26/2010 10:17:33 AM, lovelife wrote:
Pretty objective. Sexual intercourse with one or more unwilling party.
Hmm. So if they were willing at first, but then start to change their mind 1/2 way through, does it still count?


Depends on the situation

Rape: http://www.google.com...

I disagree with putting woman in every definition that is what we're talking about, because men can also be raped. Its sexist...

course I heard its anything sexual but that would mean I was raped, and I'm still against that too.
Well...if someone's breasts get fondled w/o permission, I don't think it's rape.

Depends on if there's clothing between or not. Any way thats a way for someone to be punched to the ground.
If so I have raped every girl in my grade and a few older ones too.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 12:40:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/26/2010 10:31:29 AM, lovelife wrote:
If so I have raped every girl in my grade and a few older ones too.
That's not nice!

I take it that you don't like boys?
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 12:45:51 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/26/2010 12:40:50 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 7/26/2010 10:31:29 AM, lovelife wrote:
If so I have raped every girl in my grade and a few older ones too.
That's not nice!


Well most of them are my friends and I just play grab. Some got uncomfy after someone started a rumor saying I was bi or lez then I told one of my friends that I trusted and she told everyone I really was bi. They didn't care before they knew...:,(

I take it that you don't like boys?

Usually not. I don't pre judge them but 9/10 of the time I don't like them. (unless you mean attracted to then the percent is even lower)
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 12:52:28 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/26/2010 12:45:51 PM, lovelife wrote:
Well most of them are my friends and I just play grab. Some got uncomfy after someone started a rumor saying I was bi or lez then I told one of my friends that I trusted and she told everyone I really was bi. They didn't care before they knew...:,(
It's still not nice and you realize that you are taking advantage of gender inequality in our society, right? If you ware male & "just play grab" with the girls at your school you'd be in big trouble.

Usually not (like boys). I don't pre judge them but 9/10 of the time I don't like them. (unless you mean attracted to then the percent is even lower)
So then how are you bi?
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 1:02:17 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/26/2010 12:52:28 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 7/26/2010 12:45:51 PM, lovelife wrote:
Well most of them are my friends and I just play grab. Some got uncomfy after someone started a rumor saying I was bi or lez then I told one of my friends that I trusted and she told everyone I really was bi. They didn't care before they knew...:,(
It's still not nice and you realize that you are taking advantage of gender inequality in our society, right? If you ware male & "just play grab" with the girls at your school you'd be in big trouble.


I actually fight for gender equality in all forms, even sexuality equality. Guess in the end when they think avout it they should wonder why they didn't mind but did when they learned about my sexuality and why they do mind if a guy does most of the time. Get them to think for equality.

Usually not (like boys). I don't pre judge them but 9/10 of the time I don't like them. (unless you mean attracted to then the percent is even lower)
So then how are you bi?

I have a bf, and there are some guys that I do like but not nearly as much as I like girls. Actually before I met him I thought I was lez, but then I noticed that reproductive organs don't matter in matters of love and attraction. Its the person, not the shell.
Overall I still do like girls more then guys though, I don't know exactly why their just sexier to me, and they are nicer most of the time. Except the ones I wanna kill.

I don't mind guys tho because I know they can be nice too, so I don't pre judge.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 1:25:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/26/2010 1:02:17 PM, lovelife wrote:
I actually fight for gender equality in all forms, even sexuality equality.
That's great, but it doesn't excuse improper behavior.

Guess in the end when they think avout it they should wonder why they didn't mind but did when they learned about my sexuality and why they do mind if a guy does most of the time.
That should be obvious. Because on the one hand there is a possible sexual advance, and on the other there is not.

I have a bf, and there are some guys that I do like but not nearly as much as I like girls. Actually before I met him I thought I was lez, but then I noticed that reproductive organs don't matter in matters of love and attraction. Its the person, not the shell.
That "shell" forms part of the person, however.

Overall I still do like girls more then guys though, I don't know exactly why their just sexier to me, and they are nicer most of the time.
Nicer or less aggressive? What do you mean by nicer?

I don't mind guys tho because I know they can be nice too, so I don't pre judge.
What do you mean? There seems to be prejudices here.

Think about this quote from you with my changes in bold; again, this is a thought experiment and not meant to be taken out of this context:

"I have a black friend, and there are some blacks that I do like but not nearly as much as I like whites...Overall I still do like whites more then blacks though, I don't know exactly why their just sexier to me, and they are nicer most of the time. I don't mind blacks tho because I know they can be nice too, so I don't pre judge."

Reading it this way, do you think this is free of bigotry?
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 1:35:00 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/26/2010 1:25:26 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 7/26/2010 1:02:17 PM, lovelife wrote:
I actually fight for gender equality in all forms, even sexuality equality.
That's great, but it doesn't excuse improper behavior.


I guess.

Guess in the end when they think avout it they should wonder why they didn't mind but did when they learned about my sexuality and why they do mind if a guy does most of the time.
That should be obvious. Because on the one hand there is a possible sexual advance, and on the other there is not.


But it shouldn't matter because they know I have a bf and I'm faithful and would not actually advance on anyone.

I have a bf, and there are some guys that I do like but not nearly as much as I like girls. Actually before I met him I thought I was lez, but then I noticed that reproductive organs don't matter in matters of love and attraction. Its the person, not the shell.
That "shell" forms part of the person, however.


Not really, just distracts people from whats underneath, and what really matters.

Overall I still do like girls more then guys though, I don't know exactly why their just sexier to me, and they are nicer most of the time.
Nicer or less aggressive? What do you mean by nicer?


Guys tend to think their stronger and better then girls and often just want to hang around girls to be pervy. Thats not the case everytime so I don't keep them from being around me, and I do not pre-judge their character.

I don't mind guys tho because I know they can be nice too, so I don't pre judge.
What do you mean? There seems to be prejudices here.

Think about this quote from you with my changes in bold; again, this is a thought experiment and not meant to be taken out of this context:

"I have a black friend, and there are some blacks that I do like but not nearly as much as I like whites...Overall I still do like whites more then blacks though, I don't know exactly why their just sexier to me, and they are nicer most of the time. I don't mind blacks tho because I know they can be nice too, so I don't pre judge."

Reading it this way, do you think this is free of bigotry?

I actually don't, but I understand what I'm saying perhaps clearer then you do, and I can see where your coming from. I have noticed that overall guys act one way, but its not every case so I don't judge on how someone will act based on gender. Thats just an observation I made.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 1:38:13 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/26/2010 10:04:39 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/26/2010 9:05:05 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Actually where is Yvette?

No clue but rape is NOT the right thing ever. Watch any rapist on trial and if they said they were following God they will go to the nut house or even more time in prison, or put to death so they can be "with God" forever.

Erm... what?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 1:55:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/26/2010 1:35:00 PM, lovelife wrote:
That's great, but it doesn't excuse improper behavior.
I guess.
Think about it. If a guy grabbed your breast (a guy that you know is into girls), would it not bother you?

That should be obvious. Because on the one hand there is a possible sexual advance, and on the other there is not.
But it shouldn't matter because they know I have a bf and I'm faithful and would not actually advance on anyone.
Huh? Do you know how many spouses have been cheated on time and again based on those premises? No one EVER cheats...until they cheat.

That "shell" forms part of the person, however.
Not really, just distracts people from whats underneath, and what really matters.
What's revealed to you as underneath and what's really underneath aren't necessarily the same. I'm not saying that one needs to be shallow & vapid but one also need not be blind either.

Nicer or less aggressive? What do you mean by nicer?
Guys tend to think their stronger and better then girls...
(Just as I suspected.) You are right: guys are aggressive. However, they don't just think that they are stronger & better than girls, they think they're stronger and better than other guys as well!

So, it seems to me that a big part of your resentment, is that these males are in essence your competition and this presents a problem...

...and often just want to hang around girls to be pervy.
Apperently, they're not the only one's being pervy!

Thats not the case everytime so I don't keep them from being around me, and I do not pre-judge their character.
I notice that you try an awful lot to be politically correct. Unfortunately, this is one of the worse movements in society ever; it's a cancer. Anyways, there is nothing wrong with judging people. I know you know that but it seems like people constantly confuse the 2, unbeknownst to them.

I actually don't, but I understand what I'm saying perhaps clearer then you do, and I can see where your coming from.
Well, if you don't then that's fine and shows that you are not as hyper sensitive to the PC movement as others.

I have noticed that overall guys act one way, but its not every case so I don't judge on how someone will act based on gender. Thats just an observation I made.
That's ok but do realize that there are differences in gender and they are NOT just physical. There are "ways" they guys act and "ways" that girls act, and it's ok to know these things.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 2:10:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/26/2010 1:55:21 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 7/26/2010 1:35:00 PM, lovelife wrote:
That's great, but it doesn't excuse improper behavior.
I guess.
Think about it. If a guy grabbed your breast (a guy that you know is into girls), would it not bother you?


I wouldn't want people doing that to me regaurdless of gender or sexual orientation, unless I was close to them, others aren't that way, so it does not matter to them (of course if they grabbed me back it would be a game and that wouldn't be wrong either)

That should be obvious. Because on the one hand there is a possible sexual advance, and on the other there is not.
But it shouldn't matter because they know I have a bf and I'm faithful and would not actually advance on anyone.
Huh? Do you know how many spouses have been cheated on time and again based on those premises? No one EVER cheats...until they cheat.


So now your saying I'm gunna cheat? He gets worried sometimes, but all in all I'm sure he knows that I'm honest and faithful.

That "shell" forms part of the person, however.
Not really, just distracts people from whats underneath, and what really matters.
What's revealed to you as underneath and what's really underneath aren't necessarily the same. I'm not saying that one needs to be shallow & vapid but one also need not be blind either.


Look even deeper further then they want you to see.

Nicer or less aggressive? What do you mean by nicer?
Guys tend to think their stronger and better then girls...
(Just as I suspected.) You are right: guys are aggressive. However, they don't just think that they are stronger & better than girls, they think they're stronger and better than other guys as well!


I know and I don't like the competitive vibe I get from being around guys, and I don't like people saying "I wont hit you because your a girl" and I also don't like guys thinking girls are weaker and need protection. Guys need just as much protection and girls are just as capable of hitting back. When it all comes down to it overall its too much pride, happens on both sides different for each person but overall thats what I dislike about most guys.

So, it seems to me that a big part of your resentment, is that these males are in essence your competition and this presents a problem...


That could be, but I'm not really sure.

...and often just want to hang around girls to be pervy.
Apperently, they're not the only one's being pervy!


I wasn't being pervy. I can be I can tell pervy jokes from almost everything people say or do. I could act really pervy, but I don't because Ihave respect for the people around me.

Thats not the case everytime so I don't keep them from being around me, and I do not pre-judge their character.
I notice that you try an awful lot to be politically correct. Unfortunately, this is one of the worse movements in society ever; it's a cancer. Anyways, there is nothing wrong with judging people. I know you know that but it seems like people constantly confuse the 2, unbeknownst to them.


Not really, I don't like PC that much. I don't like it when someone tries to insult another because of race, gender, orientation, religious veiws and calling names based on that. So in a sense I am PC, but I think trying to monitor every thought and every observasion you make is just plain dumb.

I actually don't, but I understand what I'm saying perhaps clearer then you do, and I can see where your coming from.
Well, if you don't then that's fine and shows that you are not as hyper sensitive to the PC movement as others.


Basically what I said above.

I have noticed that overall guys act one way, but its not every case so I don't judge on how someone will act based on gender. Thats just an observation I made.
That's ok but do realize that there are differences in gender and they are NOT just physical. There are "ways" they guys act and "ways" that girls act, and it's ok to know these things.

I know. But I also know its not every case and you can't judge someone just based on their gender.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 2:29:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/26/2010 2:10:34 PM, lovelife wrote:
I wouldn't want people doing that to me regaurdless of gender or sexual orientation,...
Ah, so you broke the golden rule: do onto others as you would have them do onto you.

...unless I was close to them, others aren't that way, so it does not matter to them (of course if they grabbed me back it would be a game and that wouldn't be wrong either)
Don't understand what's being said here.

So now your saying I'm gunna cheat?
No! I'm saying that ONLY you know that you are not going to cheat.

He gets worried sometimes, but all in all I'm sure he knows that I'm honest and faithful.
This is exactly what I meant.

Look even deeper further then they want you to see.
Not sure what you mean by this but it's not what "they want you to see" that I am talking about, I am talking about what you see.

I know and I don't like the competitive vibe I get from being around guys...
I noticed.

...and I don't like people saying "I wont hit you because your a girl"...
I am a gentleman and would NORMALLY never hit a lady. But I can tell you this, if push comes to shove you bet your @ss I won't be sexist about that!

...and I also don't like guys thinking girls are weaker and need protection.
Well, maybe not when it comes to you being the weaker one...

Guys need just as much protection and girls are just as capable of hitting back.
Sure, but let's be honest: guys are stringer than girls in general. This is a biological fact. This is not a stereotype. This does not mean that every guy can beat every girl in a fight or sports for that matter, but there is a clear biological difference in strength.

When it all comes down to it overall its too much pride, happens on both sides different for each person but overall thats what I dislike about most guys.
I think that this has a lot to do with you having to compete with guys as a bisexual women.
That could be, but I'm not really sure.

Apperently, they're not the only one's being pervy!
I wasn't being pervy.
Grabbing at people's breasts is not pervy then?

I can be I can tell pervy jokes from almost everything people say or do. I could act really pervy, but I don't because I have respect for the people around me.
It's flirtatious behavior, and depending on the details, it can range from normal to assault.

Not really, I don't like PC that much. I don't like it when someone tries to insult another because of race, gender, orientation, religious veiws and calling names based on that. So in a sense I am PC, but I think trying to monitor every thought and every observasion you make is just plain dumb.
Agree.

I know. But I also know its not every case and you can't judge someone just based on their gender.
You can if it's the only thing you have to go by. I think the key thing is not to be disparaging but making the assumption that women won't hack it in the NFL, isn't that much of a stereo type. Heck MOST guys won't hack it there!
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 3:16:27 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/26/2010 2:29:32 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 7/26/2010 2:10:34 PM, lovelife wrote:
I wouldn't want people doing that to me regaurdless of gender or sexual orientation,...
Ah, so you broke the golden rule: do onto others as you would have them do onto you.

Golden Rule is not a good rule in all situations, only with strangers or people you don't know well.

...unless I was close to them, others aren't that way, so it does not matter to them (of course if they grabbed me back it would be a game and that wouldn't be wrong either)
Don't understand what's being said here.


Friends of either gender can play, random people are creepy when they do it; I only did it to my friends btw.

So now your saying I'm gunna cheat?
No! I'm saying that ONLY you know that you are not going to cheat.


Lol, I know, but I think trust is needed.

He gets worried sometimes, but all in all I'm sure he knows that I'm honest and faithful.
This is exactly what I meant.


It hurts when he isn't completely trusting, but I understand the logic. Every gf he ever had cheated.

Look even deeper further then they want you to see.
Not sure what you mean by this but it's not what "they want you to see" that I am talking about, I am talking about what you see.


People sometimes lie about their qualities by acting one way when their truely one way. But I see what you mean. I do see personality a lot clearer then most people when face to face with someone I can tell if they are lying, and I feel that compatibility honesty and trust are the things that run a relationship, romantic or otherwise.

I know and I don't like the competitive vibe I get from being around guys...
I noticed.

...and I don't like people saying "I wont hit you because your a girl"...
I am a gentleman and would NORMALLY never hit a lady. But I can tell you this, if push comes to shove you bet your @ss I won't be sexist about that!


I don't like violence in general. Don't hit cause its nnot right, but I agree with self defense.

...and I also don't like guys thinking girls are weaker and need protection.
Well, maybe not when it comes to you being the weaker one...


What?

Guys need just as much protection and girls are just as capable of hitting back.
Sure, but let's be honest: guys are stringer than girls in general. This is a biological fact. This is not a stereotype. This does not mean that every guy can beat every girl in a fight or sports for that matter, but there is a clear biological difference in strength.


It is a stereotype because it is not every case. Sure some guys can beat the crap out of some girls but those same girls could do the same for guys. Overall guys tend to be stronger naturally, but I don't see much of a difference.

When it all comes down to it overall its too much pride, happens on both sides different for each person but overall thats what I dislike about most guys.
I think that this has a lot to do with you having to compete with guys as a bisexual women.

Yeah but I guess I never thought about it like that.

That could be, but I'm not really sure.

Apperently, they're not the only one's being pervy!
I wasn't being pervy.
Grabbing at people's breasts is not pervy then?


Not when we're a group of friends joking around.

I can be I can tell pervy jokes from almost everything people say or do. I could act really pervy, but I don't because I have respect for the people around me.
It's flirtatious behavior, and depending on the details, it can range from normal to assault.


Thats considered flirting? Huh, guess I was flirting with every guy friend plus my one girl friend I had in 7-8th grade. I thought we were all just joking.

Not really, I don't like PC that much. I don't like it when someone tries to insult another because of race, gender, orientation, religious veiws and calling names based on that. So in a sense I am PC, but I think trying to monitor every thought and every observasion you make is just plain dumb.
Agree.

I know. But I also know its not every case and you can't judge someone just based on their gender.
You can if it's the only thing you have to go by. I think the key thing is not to be disparaging but making the assumption that women won't hack it in the NFL, isn't that much of a stereo type. Heck MOST guys won't hack it there!

Yeah, I guess what I was saying was I know how diff groups tend to act but I wont judge someone just for being in that group as in I can still be friends with guys, but its just not that common for me anymore. I had no problem in 8th grade, but it could be because I moved and my lifelong friends (and ones that believed me to be a guy for years) aren't around anymore.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2010 7:57:48 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/22/2010 4:10:49 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Posted: 2 days ago
At 7/19/2010 1:46:41 PM, Yvette wrote:

So, Bible literalists. A few questions:

1. Are you sick or what?

'sick' meaning 'mentally ill'.. THAT'S your argument? to accuse us of being crazy!


You mistake argument for accusation. And sick, meaning morally screwed up, to worship a god which kills innocents.

You are clearly using accusation to forward your argument; to discredit our viewpoint.

2. Obviously, God doesn't care about free will when it comes to getting people to believe in and worship him. So with that in mind why doesn't God still do this? Why hasn't he killed all the firstborns of Iran so the world believes in him and worships him? He's done it once already.

He absolutely cares about free will BUT He can see exactly who will/is capable of turning to Him and who is not, those who won't/can't He uses to test those that can/will.


So why did he bother forcing the Pharaoh's mind if Pharaoh was just going to take the same action anyway? And why punish the Pharaoh's people (innocent people and animals no less) for their leader's decision?

Who said he would take the same action? WHO is innocent? you are so full of assumptions (not to mention pride) that you cannot see.

3. Was it morally acceptable, to you, to not only kill innocents (did they go to Heaven or hell? They were heathens after all) but enjoy the suffering it caused their parents?

Define innocent! No-one is innocent, For 'ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God'..


Even fetuses? Even infants? Even Jesus?

No, we are BORN sinful; THAT is why we are SO against the murder of the unborn.. But yes, ALL infants know how to deceive, no-one teaches them!

You're saying it was morally acceptable because no one is innocent--therefor murder isn't wrong? Doesn't that contradict a few things?

The word 'murder' applies to the wilful slaughter of one human being by ANOTHER human being: we may NOT judge God, HE JUDGES US!

BUT, MUCH MUCH more importantly; the OT is a physical representation of spiritual truths. So, when we become Christians, we are to SPIRITUALLY kill all the things within us that are not of God.


Either you're a Bible literalist or you aren't. And if it's so important to know that, why doesn't it specifically say, at the beginning of the OT, "just a metaphor"? Why would God allow all these horrible things to be read knowing people will look to it for moral guidance? And if it's "just a metaphor", why are you defending murder?

Oh I am a Literalist.. I literally believe that the OT is a shadow of Spiritual Truths.

EXACTLY the same with Lot and his daughters; when we are confronted with Evil we are to offer it the very best we have! (a virgin daughter is the best a man has to offer)


It didn't matter that the girl shouldn't have been raped? The daughter wasn't his property. Fathers don't have the right to offer their daughters to be raped.

But they were not raped BECAUSE he did the right thing..
The thing you leave out of ALL your argument is GOD.

If you guys will humble yourselves for one minute and stop ASSUMING you already understand these things then God will reveal Himself to you.


Why do you assume everyone but you is humble? Can you not stop for a second and realize how wrong what you're supporting is?

You simply do not understand what you are talking about, and because you sit there with your arms folded in a self-righteous hissy fit you CANNOT learn; humble yourself! desire the Truth WHATEVER it costs you!

Thank you to Bible literalists for continuing to show just how sickening Bible literalism is. So far we've got Bible literalists justifying child murder, genocide, human sacrifice, stripping of human will, and fathers tossing their daughters out to be raped. Really, thank you.

No, thank you for this self righteous rant; You 'make yourself good' by pointing your finger (at God!) and saying 'bad!'
If you do not have true righteousness (Jesus Christ) then this is ALL you have.. and, believe me, I do pity you.

Consider:

Genesis 3:8-13 (New International Version)

8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the LORD God called to the man, "Where are you?"

10 He answered, "I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid."

11 And he said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?"

12 The man said, "The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it."
13 Then the LORD God said to the woman, "What is this you have done?"
The woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate."As SOON as they fell from grace, broke faith with God, they started pointing the finger! This is what you and the whole world is doing; THAT'S why we NEED Osama Bin Laden.. and Charles Manson.. and Hitler et al, So that WE can feel good IN COMPARISON!

Jesus is real, Yvette.. He loves you and He died for you.

Do not close your heart or mind to Him.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Yvette
Posts: 859
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2010 3:50:32 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Nice DATCMOTO, I respond to you in the thread and you make a thread elsewhere while I'm in my announced OFFLINE-ON-VACATION time period?

If you're going to ignore my in-thread response than I feel no need responding to you. Especially if you're crappy enough to have done it while I was on vacation, making me look bad. What a jerk thing to do.
In the middle of moving to Washington. 8D

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 2:24:31 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/11/2010 3:50:32 AM, Yvette wrote:
Nice DATCMOTO, I respond to you in the thread and you make a thread elsewhere while I'm in my announced OFFLINE-ON-VACATION time period?

If you're going to ignore my in-thread response than I feel no need responding to you. Especially if you're crappy enough to have done it while I was on vacation, making me look bad. What a jerk thing to do.

Maybe I should take lessons in in graciousness off of you then? ha!

Either give me a link to your answers or answer them 'again'.
The Cross.. the Cross.