Jump to topic:

great question

Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 7:09:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Have you ever wondered why people act as if the Bible/Scriptures were written as a complete book when in fact it's many little stories from many different ages and writers?

The reason I bring this up is that if you take a bunch of short stories from many places and many authors and put them together in a certain order that just seems to make some sort of sense to those that try and understand what is written when there are but a few that can understand just WHAT the scriptures and other such writings are all about.

I find the scriptures to be a great read, that is as long as you don't take it literally and try and believe that the many colorful characters and exciting events were more then just a entertaining and informative means of having a better understanding of why people act the way that they do.

The Bible is not much different then Shakespeare. But then with Shakespeare there are more actual Truths reveled to most.

What would happen if someone were to put all the writings of William Shakespeare together into one big book? It sure would make a interesting read as there would seem to be a form of sense within it's madness.

just thought I would share with those big enough to handle it.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 8:53:02 AM
At 3/26/2015 7:09:56 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
Have you ever wondered why people act as if the Bible/Scriptures were written as a complete book when in fact it's many little stories from many different ages and writers?

The reason I bring this up is that if you take a bunch of short stories from many places and many authors and put them together in a certain order that just seems to make some sort of sense to those that try and understand what is written when there are but a few that can understand just WHAT the scriptures and other such writings are all about.

I find the scriptures to be a great read, that is as long as you don't take it literally and try and believe that the many colorful characters and exciting events were more then just a entertaining and informative means of having a better understanding of why people act the way that they do.

The Bible is not much different then Shakespeare. But then with Shakespeare there are more actual Truths reveled to most.

What would happen if someone were to put all the writings of William Shakespeare together into one big book? It sure would make a interesting read as there would seem to be a form of sense within it's madness.

The difference between the Harry Potter books and the Bible, is that HP is more readable!
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 8:54:48 AM
At 3/26/2015 8:53:02 AM, JJ50 wrote:

The difference between the Harry Potter books and the Bible, is that HP is more readable!

Well, they also only had one author and they don't claim to be holy or infallible.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 9:35:51 AM
There are different shades of mental illness. The bible captures each authors unique preference in delusional escape and maintains God as the central figure behind these self deceiving liars and lunatics. By parading these madmen Christians are offered a whole array of experiences they can identify with to gauge their level of spirituality.
A penis envy father of circumcision Abraham or the Moses that found a short cut through the sea after wandering lost for 40 years on land. And there was Jesus who ended the Jews wait for a messiah by becoming one. Jesus was crucified for blasphemy but was exalted as a deity after his resurrection. What he failed to achieve in life he achieved through his death. Many considered Jesus a liar and a lunatic that is why they killed him. How his death made him a God is less perplexing to Christians who believe more than what was actually claimed by Jesus. But that is why the bible resonates in hollow minds.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 3:09:01 PM

just thought I would share with those big enough to handle it. : :

You're not big enough to understand any of the original prophecies that were written by God's prophets. Those original writings by the saints were never put together by God's prophets or us saints to make a Bible. This was the work of antichrists who didn't know our Creator or understand why God's prophets or saints were used by God.

The NT was written and produced by antichrists who used some wordage from the original writings of the saints and prophets and mixed it with their religious beliefs and traditions that was gathered from thousands of years pagan practices going all the way back to the early Babylonian culture.

I'm God's last saint who has testified to His knowledge ( Christ ) and learned that all religions including Christianity came from His plan called the beast, which is His thoughts that taught men how to build false gods ( objects built with human hands ) until we had the modern technology we have today to use as ways to teach me exactly how God created us and formed the visible objects that we experience in this universe.

I understand all the prophecies and the symbolic terms, stories, names and phrases used in the prophecies and the NT.

There are a few bits of knowledge of God that were left intact in the NT that I can use to show Christians that they are liars. But mainly I use the prophecies to show them that the NT writings that the antichrists use came from the beast instead of from the knowledge of God that us saints testify to.

For example; In the knowledge that God wanted me to understand for the future doesn't contain religion, hell, gifts of the spirit, bodily resurrections after death, science, mathematics, many languages to describe false gods, Eucharist, water baptism, born again experiences, and many other pagan teachings that have confused man ever since the beast in their minds started controlling their thoughts.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 3:47:17 PM
As I AM being as polite and as kid gloved as is reasonable I will give it to you simply.

I get my "invisible waves and vibrations" in the exact means and form that the Noah character of scriptures did. No old scribbles and finger paintings required, but it is WISE to read what the world reads so that you can understand the many tongues of a spoken language such as english. I AM still working on the english language and it's many slang terms as well as the many variations on the theme.

I Learned many years ago that it wasn't that others couldn't understand me.

It was that they CHOSE NOT to understand as if they were to understand they would loose their perceived innocence and then become responsible for themselves and their thoughts and actions.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 4:42:30 PM

The Christian Bibles (because there's more than one distinct version) were written as additions to the Jewish Bible (of which there's essentially one version), which itself was written over a period of about 200 years during the Babylonian exile. Believed to have been written by four authors (none of them Moses), it represents a theological take on the changing face of Israelite nationalism, and this helps explain its shifting focus, shifting language, and shifting instruction.

That Jewish Bible is a doctrine of theological nationalism. It was never meant to support a world faith, and effectively has never done so. Originally a lesser god from a much bigger polytheistic pantheon, Yhwh was promoted to monotheism over time (an idea believed to have been copied from the older monotheistic faith of Zoroastrianism) exactly to support the strained Israelite identity at a time when it needed that -- and monotheistic Judaism has been remarkably good at preserving Jewish identity through extraordinary tribulations.

But Yhwh as the Israelites described him cared nothing for anyone outside the twelve tribes. He was a god of the Israelites, for the Israelites, and his ethnic partisanship is unabashed.

Which makes him a somewhat odd deity for Christians to use in trying to create a world faith.

But Christianity wasn't ever planned to be a world faith. Jesus was content to stay in Judaea, and only ever preached in Hebrew -- a language seldom spoken by anyone but Jews and a few trading Greeks. So he was a Jewish prophet, trying to reform Jewry, and his sermons should be understood as being addressed to Jews, not to humanity at large -- which is fair, since his Father, Yhwh, never cared for anyone else, and neither did most Jews.

However, that reform attempt failed. Conservative priests had the upstart prophet tortured and executed, and his apostles had to flee to the Roman empire to drum up support there.

And then something very odd happened.

At the time, there were only two monotheistic faiths in the world: Judaism (a faith only for ethnic Jews), and Zoroastrianism (an older monotheistic faith only for ethnic Persians.) An offshoot of Judaism, Christianity had lost its ethnic base in its homeland, so somehow it needed to adapt to the more cosmopolitan environment of Rome.

And adapt it did. Somehow, the xenophobic, belligerent, partisan tyrant called Yhwh became a god of peace, love and ethnic pluralism. And after three centuries of surviving the ethnic and theological intrigues of Rome, Christianity became a political tool of emperors -- who reformed it repeatedly under Constantine and subsequently Theodosius, to make it a faith of Empire.

But even then, Christianity couldn't escape its roots. Grafted from a faith of Judaic nationalism, it ended up splitting into two: a Greek/Slavic nationalistic faith, and a Latin/German nationalistic faith. And after the collapse of the Roman empire it split again and again -- each time, with theology following the realpolitik of ethnic nationalism.

So we have a bizarre situation where one of the most successful world faiths has not one Bible, but dozens -- not just translations but actual different versions, each curated and redacted differently to support the national identities of its target adherents.

In that context, I don't think Christianity has ever been a single world faith. I think it's more a portfolio of monotheistic strategies using similar symbols and stories, each designed to produce nationalistic cohesion under the governance of the day. But that's a strategy transplanted from the Jews, who originally got it from the Persians, and it turns out that many Judaic and Christian beliefs -- like that of a single creator, a war between good and evil, a messiah, even Christian stories of walking on water -- can be traced back to Zoroastrianism. :)
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 4:51:55 PM
Christianity is much like soda pop,

many different flavors and additives and skins, but it's all just sugar water with other crap in it.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 11:35:52 PM
At 3/26/2015 4:51:55 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
Christianity is much like soda pop,

many different flavors and additives and skins, but it's all just sugar water with other crap in it. : :

Like I told you before, you should spend all your time in the "Funny" forum. You might get some laughs there. You don't even bother trying to share any wisdom with people who spend lots of time making a post like Ruv and I just did. That's because you have no wisdom at all.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 12:38:37 AM
What do you think of the concept of more people GROWING UP and leaving the deceptions and lies called good behind them?

Do you feel that would be good for all if there were more grown and mature in thought people in this world?

Let's get rid of the video games and the booze and internet.

Just think Brad, if the programing from video games and the buzz from booze hadn't helped with the creation of who you chose to be, WHAT type of person might you have been?

Sober, married with children and playing guitar and singing to help save the whales and baby seals from slaughter. You, your beautiful wife and wonderful children sailing around the world being the patron Saints of the whales and baby seals.

You would of been as famous as Captain Jack Sparrow and the Black Pearl.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 1:34:02 PM
At 3/28/2015 12:38:37 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
What do you think of the concept of more people GROWING UP and leaving the deceptions and lies called good behind them?

Do you feel that would be good for all if there were more grown and mature in thought people in this world?

Let's get rid of the video games and the booze and internet.

Just think Brad, if the programing from video games and the buzz from booze hadn't helped with the creation of who you chose to be, WHAT type of person might you have been?

Sober, married with children and playing guitar and singing to help save the whales and baby seals from slaughter. You, your beautiful wife and wonderful children sailing around the world being the patron Saints of the whales and baby seals.

You would of been as famous as Captain Jack Sparrow and the Black Pearl.

I agree with you EE. The thoughts of God destroyed Brad. He stopped thinking for himself and let God do the speaking for him. Today he is just a hollow homeless beggar.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 1:51:05 PM
a hollow homeless beggar seems much better then those that follow them around pointing fingers at a persons outer dress and eating and sleeping arrangements.

Maybe you should offer Saint Brad a hand up and let him live on your porch and feed and clothe him in a manner that you can both agree on?

I'm saying that I don't see Brad wearing a turban or fancy dress.

Some nice blue jeans, 100% cotton shirt and a nice pair of footwear that will keep him witnessing at the churches away from your porch.

seems like a win win plan when you apply a superstitious element to it.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 2:15:19 PM
At 3/28/2015 1:51:05 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
a hollow homeless beggar seems much better then those that follow them around pointing fingers at a persons outer dress and eating and sleeping arrangements.

Maybe you should offer Saint Brad a hand up and let him live on your porch and feed and clothe him in a manner that you can both agree on?

I'm saying that I don't see Brad wearing a turban or fancy dress.

Some nice blue jeans, 100% cotton shirt and a nice pair of footwear that will keep him witnessing at the churches away from your porch.

seems like a win win plan when you apply a superstitious element to it.

I would rather Brad answer his calling from God to be a homeless beggar preaching what God puts in his mouth than change his destiny or even his required state of destitution. If that is how God picks them, who am I to change or interfere with His ways. Brad said God wishes him to be humiliated. I almost feel compelled to oblige even as a disbeliever. But there are Christians more receptive to God ways who are offended God chose Brad to mock them . Picking a brain damaged alcoholic was adding insult to injury.
Brad is not the only homeless beggar in Campbell, CA. It this God's Christian Woodstock revival?
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 2:38:51 PM
Why do you have such a vendetta for those that are homeless and beggars because they are not capable of reasonably taking care of themselves?

You in some way shape or form seem to be jealous or hurt because you didn't get what you were after out of Brad?

Seems so that you and some others like to pick on Brad for the condition that this make believe and pretend reality based society has placed him in.

Not all handle fantasy and fiction gone bad as well as others may.

Would you rather have Brad getting high on booze or high on God or what ever?

The reason that Saint Brad upsets so many is that he does a bit like I do and picks on all others that are following their religions, non religions and scientific cheeze theories and such.

It can be a bit tough to pick on others beliefs when their beliefs are much along the same lines with a different paint job or designer name and such.

Nothing new under the sun when the people of the many try and have their fun and escape from what bothers their inner denial.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 2:59:23 PM
At 3/28/2015 2:38:51 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
Why do you have such a vendetta for those that are homeless and beggars because they are not capable of reasonably taking care of themselves?

You in some way shape or form seem to be jealous or hurt because you didn't get what you were after out of Brad?

Seems so that you and some others like to pick on Brad for the condition that this make believe and pretend reality based society has placed him in.

Not all handle fantasy and fiction gone bad as well as others may.

Would you rather have Brad getting high on booze or high on God or what ever?

The reason that Saint Brad upsets so many is that he does a bit like I do and picks on all others that are following their religions, non religions and scientific cheeze theories and such.

It can be a bit tough to pick on others beliefs when their beliefs are much along the same lines with a different paint job or designer name and such.

Nothing new under the sun when the people of the many try and have their fun and escape from what bothers their inner denial.

I think you envy Brad because he got a lot more mileage out of his illusions than you got out of yours. If being a homeless beggar was such a good thing why is California one of the riches places in the world?
You compare yourself to Brad. Talk about low self esteem. You want to be compared to a suicidal delusional retard who suffered permanent brain damage in his teens. I can see you losing even there. Lol!!! You are tripping over your own low self esteem.