Jump to topic:

Are threads being deleted?

ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 1:53:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Am I just getting old or are threads disappearing?

If so, I wish the board had a page you could be directed to which would inform you that the thread has been closed.

It's sometimes difficult to tell if it is a 404, and internet tech problem or a delete. It would be good to be given a general reason for why a thread was yanked.

Reasonable?
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 5:23:02 PM
yes "things" are being censored to the point of being invisible.
There is proof, well there was,lol...
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 6:20:27 PM
The fvck does Rant do?
It has to be hitting some serious sh*t.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 7:40:57 PM
I find Rant amusing as he reminds me of "someone" I once knew.
I see many little growls and a bark now and then.
It is supposed to be about freedom of speech
So as long as there is not a lot of foul potty mouth and overly weird sexual content.

seems that most is a go for lift off or something like that in a nuthouse.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 7:44:08 PM
At 3/29/2015 1:53:32 PM, ethang5 wrote:

If so, I wish the board had a page you could be directed to which would inform you that the thread has been closed.

It's sometimes difficult to tell if it is a 404, and internet tech problem or a delete. It would be good to be given a general reason for why a thread was yanked.

Reasonable?

I am the new religion forum moderator and will be making an introduction post to clarify this shortly.

Threads and posts can be flagged for moderation and subsequently removed. When I flag threads I send the creator a message explaining why it was flagged.

Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about the tech issues. You are right there should be a page that tells you the thread was deleted. There's a suggestions thread in the main DDO forums where you can post the idea, sometimes the owners of the site incorporate the ideas into updates.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 7:46:28 PM
At 3/29/2015 7:44:08 PM, Raisor wrote:

Reasonable?

I am the new religion forum moderator and will be making an introduction post to clarify this shortly.

Threads and posts can be flagged for moderation and subsequently removed. When I flag threads I send the creator a message explaining why it was flagged.

Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about the tech issues. You are right there should be a page that tells you the thread was deleted. There's a suggestions thread in the main DDO forums where you can post the idea, sometimes the owners of the site incorporate the ideas into updates.

It's a miracle!

You may have just convinced me to believe in God.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 7:48:06 PM
now this may be a cyber firing squad offense.

Has anyone ever wondered just where this site is headquartered and whom by?

Most of these type sites are running on auto pilot where the elected moderators keep picking replacements as the ship flies along.

ever wonder about such things?

Keeps me entertained noticing what most others miss or ignore.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 7:54:27 PM
At 3/29/2015 7:48:06 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
now this may be a cyber firing squad offense.

Has anyone ever wondered just where this site is headquartered and whom by?

Most of these type sites are running on auto pilot where the elected moderators keep picking replacements as the ship flies along.

ever wonder about such things?

Keeps me entertained noticing what most others miss or ignore.

None of that info is classified. The site is owned by a company called Juggle. You can find out all about them using the links at the bottom of the site page under "About" and "Help."

Site moderation is community driven. Juggle gave the head moderator airmax control of site functionality and airmax delegates power to some other moderators. Airmax is pretty well known on the forums; he does a pretty good job moderating and you should reach out to him if you have questions or concerns.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 8:07:46 PM
I understand that perfectly.
I was talking about farther down the rabbit hole.

A bit like trying to trace the U.S. banking system back beyond the Federal Reserves.

Can't be done by the little people that do all the work for a bit o pay off.

I have a unique background in understanding the much larger picture.

The picture that is beyond the size of the popular normal screen size and beyond the known world.

I just don't do make believe and pretend very well as it mostly bores me, always has.

Call me weird, odd or evil. What ever gets you through the daze.

I find this forum very informative, entertaining, learning and diversified.

It is of few places that will tolerate the likes of those such as Skyangel and myself.

we need not go into that unless you wish.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 6:22:58 AM

Reasonable?

Really? Along with Whiteflame or replacing him?

You mean after a thread has been flagged it can stay up if the creator behaves a certain way? I ask because if something in a thread offends a mod to the point that the thread is flagged, the inability of the creator to edit past posts would seem to guarantee that the flagged thread will be deleted. Otherwise, your only reason to contact the creator is to notify him that his thread will be deleted.

Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about the tech issues.

I've checked and don't think it's a tech issue. The 3 deleted posts (that I am aware of) were all by the same author/creator. This is not a complaint as the posts were in fact, IMHO, flame bait. If it was you who deleted, .....thanks.

You are right there should be a page that tells you the thread was deleted. There's a suggestions thread in the main DDO forums where you can post the idea, sometimes the owners of the site incorporate the ideas into updates.

Yeah, I know of the suggestions thread. Thanks again.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 10:22:57 AM

Reasonable?

I am not aware of this phenomenon.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 10:24:10 AM
At 3/30/2015 6:22:58 AM, ethang5 wrote:

Reasonable?

You mean after a thread has been flagged it can stay up if the creator behaves a certain way? I ask because if something in a thread offends a mod to the point that the thread is flagged, the inability of the creator to edit past posts would seem to guarantee that the flagged thread will be deleted. Otherwise, your only reason to contact the creator is to notify him that his thread will be deleted.

I've checked and don't think it's a tech issue. The 3 deleted posts (that I am aware of) were all by the same author/creator. This is not a complaint as the posts were in fact, IMHO, flame bait. If it was you who deleted, .....thanks.

You are right there should be a page that tells you the thread was deleted. There's a suggestions thread in the main DDO forums where you can post the idea, sometimes the owners of the site incorporate the ideas into updates.

I wish all flame bait got deleted.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 11:18:15 AM
Seems that it is of very varied opinion as to what could be called flame bait and what would not.

Seems that flame bait is anything that might bother some peoples inner denial of what is what.

I realize that lukewarm is the norm and when you add air bubbles then you have the illusion of boiling hot.

So is what some consider flame bait just an illusion within their confused mindset, or is it something so real that it blinds the confused even more so then they already are?

I admit that I started a couple of threads to try and wake up the dead as this forum was getting a bit on the boorish side with mostly re runs and the runs.

People say they want to be challenged to a quality degree and they then discover that they bit off far more then they can handle. So it's off to the "fix it" and make it seem better tactics.

All I ask of others is that they put some thought into growing and learning what is beyond the make believe and pretend realities that are so popular in this world of wish on a dream and it will come true if you have the proper faith and say the right magic words in the correct series and with faith behind it.

Seems like a child's game to me.

Is anything I wrote here on this post considered flame bait?

It's all in the eye and mindset of the reader as to how they handle the Truth and Reality that is larger then they are or choose to be or not to be.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 9:11:03 AM
At 3/30/2015 11:18:15 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
Seems that it is of very varied opinion as to what could be called flame bait and what would not.

Seems that flame bait is anything that might bother some peoples inner denial of what is what.

I realize that lukewarm is the norm and when you add air bubbles then you have the illusion of boiling hot.

So is what some consider flame bait just an illusion within their confused mindset, or is it something so real that it blinds the confused even more so then they already are?

I admit that I started a couple of threads to try and wake up the dead as this forum was getting a bit on the boorish side with mostly re runs and the runs.

People say they want to be challenged to a quality degree and they then discover that they bit off far more then they can handle. So it's off to the "fix it" and make it seem better tactics.

All I ask of others is that they put some thought into growing and learning what is beyond the make believe and pretend realities that are so popular in this world of wish on a dream and it will come true if you have the proper faith and say the right magic words in the correct series and with faith behind it.

Seems like a child's game to me.

Is anything I wrote here on this post considered flame bait?

It's all in the eye and mindset of the reader as to how they handle the Truth and Reality that is larger then they are or choose to be or not to be.

It's all babble. The owners and the Admins they appoint have a right to decide what constitutes flame bait. Whether you like it or not, or agree with it or not is immaterial.

They pay for the upkeep of the site in time and money. If you want a say, volunteer to pay for the site and the owners might consider giving your opinions some weight.

Otherwise, you're just another person wanting others to subsidize your opinions.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 9:16:04 AM
At 3/30/2015 10:24:10 AM, Wylted wrote:

Reasonable?

And you would have to be the arbiter? After all what is flame bait to you is an intelligent question to an intelligent person, or have I gone too far?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 9:26:22 AM
At 3/31/2015 9:16:04 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 3/30/2015 10:24:10 AM, Wylted wrote:

Reasonable?

And you would have to be the arbiter? After all what is flame bait to you is an intelligent question to an intelligent person, or have I gone too far?

You have, because your question was an attack and not actually sincere. Just as pretty much everything you do. I am not sure if you've stopped making almost entirely nothing but one line and attack posts, but I certainly don't understand the thrill you get from it. Seriously this section is literally the Butt of DDO, with absolutely no intelligent discussion to be found, the fact that you spend all your time communicating with idiots says a lot about your self esteem. Why not go to a religious forum that will actually challenge you, and fully participate?

Then again, you'll probably ruin that by chasing off all the intelligent people and attracting the likes of MCB, like you did with this one.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 10:46:25 AM
"Otherwise, you're just another person wanting others to subsidize your opinions."

I don't require such popular notions as the One Truth supports it's self as it stands on a solid foundation that requires no superstitious content or concepts.

You folks keep trying to place me in one of the many boxes and pigeonholes that are on your popular earthly worldly lists.

I choose from a list that is not of this world. No it's not from outer space or the mind of a mad man, but within the mindsets of the superstitious.

I find it interesting that most are so cautious around the topic of superstition as superstition RULES those that choose to try and live in the dark ages. So you have cell phones and computer games and such. They had interesting little gadgets and played games in the past also. Good luck charms and singing and playing.

Ring-a-round the rosie,
A pocket full of posies,
Ashes! Ashes!
We all fall down.