Germanwings Flight 9525 Is A Terrorist Attack

Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 8:40:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/29/2015 6:39:46 PM, Yassine wrote:
- Just imagine the co-pilot was muslim, there, done.

=> Thoughts?

Cannot be. It flight path was not pointing to Mecca.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 7:35:39 AM

=> Thoughts?

Yes, I don't know why people would automatically think the co-pilot was muslim. Or why there would be an outrage if he had happened to be muslim.

It's not like muslims are murdering people more than other religions. It's not like muslims are fighting other faiths in virtually every country on Earth. It's not like 93 % of all bombings and murders of innocents is by muslims.

People are just so unreasonable.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 7:38:23 AM
At 3/30/2015 7:35:39 AM, ethang5 wrote:

=> Thoughts?

Yes, I don't know why people would automatically think the co-pilot was muslim. Or why there would be an outrage if he had happened to be muslim.

It's not like muslims are murdering people more than other religions. It's not like muslims are fighting other faiths in virtually every country on Earth. It's not like 93 % of all bombings and murders of innocents is by muslims.

Bigots like you are disgusting. Christians have been responsible for many atrocities over the centuries!
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 9:40:58 AM
At 3/30/2015 7:38:23 AM, JJ50 wrote:

=> Thoughts?

Bigots like you are disgusting. Christians have been responsible for many atrocities over the centuries!

lol. Yes, when it's against Christians, it isn't bigotry.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 10:02:00 AM

=> Thoughts?

Are you seriously this ignorant in everything you post. Why can't you just show intelligence in atleast one post?
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 1:56:09 PM

=> Thoughts?

according to Foxnews.
Never fart near dog
ThinkFirst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 2:32:37 PM
At 3/29/2015 7:45:34 PM, Yassine wrote:
sig edit

I like your new sig, Yassine. I'm a big fan of Al-Ghazali!
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 2:46:06 PM
At 3/31/2015 2:32:37 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
sig edit

- OMG! We might've just became best buddies, I am a Ghazali whore, he is my most favourite author of all time.

- Which of his works did you read?
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
ThinkFirst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 3:36:46 PM
At 3/31/2015 2:46:06 PM, Yassine wrote:
At 3/31/2015 2:32:37 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
sig edit

- OMG! We might've just became best buddies, I am a Ghazali whore, he is my most favourite author of all time.

- Which of his works did you read?

I'm a fan of the person of Al-Ghazali. Unfortunately, I have not yet been fortunate enough to read any of his works, though I am planning on dedicating some time to this. He was an incredible man, spectacularly accomplished in the practice of medicine, and having published the first known medical journal with many of his techniques still being in use, today. Given that I am quite anti-theological, I'm well aware of the fact that I am going to disagree with a great deal of his more philosophical premises, but I still want to read his writings because he was such an accomplished thinker. All that I have read has been ABOUT Al-Ghazali, not BY him.

I havbe been targeting "Maqasid al falasifa" as my first read, though I know I am going to have to set my conclusions about religion completely aside in order to get the most out of his writings. I know that, at present, I am not what one would philosophically consider "open minded" enough to derive as much benefit from his writings as I could, had I not already rejected his religious premises. I'm open to any suggestions you may have, as to where I should start...

Still, this amazing man accomplished a tremendous amount of good, in a world torn by violence, all the while facing the very real possibility of imminent danger. That, in itself, merits respect from one of ANY religious standing (for or against).
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 5:45:12 PM
At 3/31/2015 3:36:46 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
I'm a fan of the person of Al-Ghazali. Unfortunately, I have not yet been fortunate enough to read any of his works, though I am planning on dedicating some time to this. He was an incredible man, spectacularly accomplished in the practice of medicine, and having published the first known medical journal with many of his techniques still being in use, today. Given that I am quite anti-theological, I'm well aware of the fact that I am going to disagree with a great deal of his more philosophical premises, but I still want to read his writings because he was such an accomplished thinker. All that I have read has been ABOUT Al-Ghazali, not BY him.

- You must have mistook al-Ghazali for Ibn Sina or al-Farabi or Ibn Rushd or Ibn Tufail, although these are all very influential philosophers, only the last four accomplished great things in medicine, which had immense influence on the west.
- al-Ghazali mastered & wrote in the following fields:
> Law (Fiq'h): according to the Shafi'i Legal School of Thought, & he is considered 1 of the top 3 Shafi'i School Jurists, beside its founder (Shafi'i) & his own teacher al-Juwayni.
> Legal Theory (Usul): in which he is among the top 4 authorities of Islamic Legal Theory, beside ash-Shafi'i, al-Baq'illani. . .
> Theology (Kalam): according to the Ash'ari Theological School of Thought, & he is considered one of what's called the Three Pillars of the Ash'ari School (al-Ghazali + al-Juwayni + the founder: al-Ash'ari).
> Political Theory (Siyasah): in which he is amongst the top 10, alongside Ibn Hazm, Ibn Sina, Ibn Rushd, Ibn Taymyyah, al-Isbihani. . .
> Logic (Mantiq'): in which he was a founder of one of its schools, there were 8 main schools of Logic, namely: Abu Hanifa's School, al-Ash'ari's School, al-Kindi's School, Ibn Sina's School, Ibn Hazm's School, al-Ghazali's School, ar-Razi's School, & as-Sahrawardi's School. al-Ghazali Logic is the fusion between the Avicennian Logic & the Abu Hanifa & Ash'ari Logic. In other words al-Ghazali was the first to unite Greek Logic, Stoic Logic, Avicennian Logic, Buddhist/Hindu Logic (Ash'ari Logic was influenced by Buddhist & Hindu Logic), Islamic Logic (by Abu Hanifa) into one single construct, which is one of the reasons he was so great at Legal Theory & Philosophy.
> Philosophy: this is an obvious one, al-Ghazali is easily one of the top muslim philosophers that ever lived (including: al-Kindi, Ibn Sina, al-Farabi, Ibn Rushd, Ibn 'Arabi, & Fakhr ad-Din ar-Razi). al-Ghazali was a skeptic, so he was against the necessity of the Law of Causality & other Aristotelian & Platonic thoughts, his work 'Incoherence of the Philosophers' can be compared, in methodology, to Hume's or Kant's works.
> Exegesis of the Qur'an: he wrote an encyclopaedic work on detailed interpretation of the Qur'an: Yaq'ut at-Taaweel, in 40 volumes.
> Sufism (Mysticism): it's no secret that al-Ghazali was one the greatest saints & mystics of Islamic History, & his work: Ihyaa 'Ulum ad-Din (in 40 books) is one of the most authoritative, if not the most authoritative, books on Sufism ever written.
(. . . etc).
=> Long story short, he wrote about 400 books in all sorts of fields, many of which are still studied today. He wrote in: Ethics, Aesthetics, Psychology, Astronomy, Chemistry, Comparative Religion, Social Theory, Education, Art of Discourse, Epistemology, Literature, Poetry. . . & in all sorts of Islamic fields. He also wrote about other topics such as: Medication, Equestrianism, Etiquette. . . in which he isn't really known for.

I havbe been targeting "Maqasid al falasifa" as my first read, though I know I am going to have to set my conclusions about religion completely aside in order to get the most out of his writings. I know that, at present, I am not what one would philosophically consider "open minded" enough to derive as much benefit from his writings as I could, had I not already rejected his religious premises. I'm open to any suggestions you may have, as to where I should start...

- I would recommend starting by Deliverance From Error (al-Munqidh minad-Dalal). It's a short autobiography of al-Ghazali about his life & the progression of his thought. It's not a complicated book to read, & it'll give you a glimpse into al-Ghazali's Thought for future reference. Then maybe move to 'Purposes of the Philosophers' (Maq'asid al-Falasifa), which is a comprehensive presentation of Philosophy, particularly Metaphysics. The Incoherence of the Philosophers (Tahafut al-Falasiha), on the other hand, is a very intense & intellectually demanding book, & if you wish to read it, make sure to get yourself familiar with both Islamic Theology & Greek Metaphysics (the book is basically a critique of Logic applied to Metaphysics), as I said, al-Ghazali is a skeptic.

Still, this amazing man accomplished a tremendous amount of good, in a world torn by violence, all the while facing the very real possibility of imminent danger. That, in itself, merits respect from one of ANY religious standing (for or against).

- Which danger & what violence are you referring to?
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 1:13:28 PM
At 3/31/2015 1:56:09 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

=> Thoughts?

according to Foxnews.

http://www.nationalreview.com...
http://www.start.umd.edu...

Yes! Darn that Fox News. How do they have the poser to manipulate real life facts like that? They are eeeeevil.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 4:27:12 PM
At 4/1/2015 1:13:28 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/31/2015 1:56:09 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

=> Thoughts?

according to Foxnews.

http://www.nationalreview.com...
http://www.start.umd.edu...

Yes! Darn that Fox News. How do they have the poser to manipulate real life facts like that? They are eeeeevil.

PATHETIC!! it says where most terrorist attacks occurring:

Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, ( these 3 invaded by the west kiling millions of muslims you smart guy)
India (not muslims!)
the Philippines ( The Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) is a Moro and Lumad group formed in the 1960s following the Jabidah massacre which muslims were murdered,
Thailand (not muslims)
Yemen (civil war, drone attacks and new invasion of the Suadis)
Nigeria Somalia (civil war learn history)
and Egypt (the arab spring)

your pathetic hatred against muslims is so stupid beyond imagination. and what your source is some stupid media crap? as before i proved you its not about Islam or muslims at all again how many time i need to prove this to you?

Robert Anthony Pape, Jr. (born 1960) is an American political scientist known for his work on international security affairs, especially the coercive strategies of air power and the rationale of suicide terrorism. He is currently a professor of Political Science at the University of Chicago and founder of the Chicago Project on Security and Terrorism (CPOST).
"little connection between suicide terrorism and Islamic fundamentalism, or any one of the world"s religions... . Rather, what nearly all suicide terrorist attacks have in common is a specific secular and strategic goal: to compel modern democracies to withdraw military forces from territory that the terrorists consider to be their homeland" (p. 4). "The taproot of suicide terrorism is nationalism," he argues; it is "an extreme strategy for national liberation" (pp. 79"80). Pape's work examines groups such as the Al-Qaeda to the Sri Lankan Tamil Tigers. Pape also notably provides further evidence to a growing body of literature that finds that the majority of suicide terrorists do not come from impoverished or uneducated backgrounds, but rather have middle class origins and a significant level of education.

http://www.globalresearch.ca...
Never fart near dog
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 5:31:47 AM
I wrote,

jj50 - Bigots like you are disgusting. Christians have been responsible for many atrocities over the centuries!

lol. Yes, when it's against Christians, it isn't bigotry.

First comment calls me a bigot. No argument, no support. Just ad hom.

Wylted - Are you seriously this ignorant in everything you post. Why can't you just show intelligence in atleast one post?

Second post calls me ignorant. No argument, no support. Just ad hom.

Popoo - according to Foxnews.

Third post refers to Fox news. Why? Who knows? No argument, no support. (Popoo's ad hom was so grandiose, it had to be saved for a separate special package.)

Three different people posting three different posts, and no one address what I said. No one offers any argument or support. Just ad homs. Why? Because this is not the place for thinking. Agree or be insulted down. Don't think, tow the line. Anything we don't agree with is eeeeeevil.

And they have the nerve to call Christians "mindless".

So I post a link, an objective study done by the University of Maryland which records annual worldwide terrorist incidents and then represents the data on a cool interactive globe chart. It's simply raw data. There is no commentary or analysis. Some years, even the united States was high on the list.

http://www.nationalreview.com......
http://www.start.umd.edu......

And what do we get to this simple presentation of raw data?

Popoo - PATHETIC!! it says where most terrorist attacks occurring:

Most just happen to be in muslim countries. Yes.

Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, ( these 3 invaded by the west kiling millions of muslims you smart guy)

I guess this means that the terrorism of those 3 countries was justified.

India (not muslims!)

No one said India was muslim. But the terrorism there is certainly done overwhelmingly by muslims.

...the Philippines ( The Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) is a Moro and Lumad group formed in the 1960s following the Jabidah massacre which muslims were murdered,

Justifying terrorism again.

Thailand (not muslims)

No one said Thailand was muslim. But the terrorism there is certainly done overwhelmingly by muslims.

Yemen (civil war, drone attacks and new invasion of the Suadis)
So then it's ok to slaughter little children sitting in classrooms. Still muslim.

Nigeria Somalia (civil war learn history)

Nigeria is not experiencing a civil war. It is a bunch or brainless muslims running around slaughtering innocents because their religion calls them to jihad. And in both Nigeria and Somalia, the people doing the killing of innocents are muslims.

..and Egypt (the arab spring)

And the muslim winter.

your pathetic hatred against muslims is so stupid beyond imagination.

Yes. People tend to hate homicidal militants. Sorry if it is stupid beyond your imagination, but for the life of me, I simply cannot like morons who think slitting the throats of innocent, bound men, is a praiseworthy act to be broadcast to the world.

and what your source is some stupid media crap?

My source is fact, as reported by the very countries in the compilation themselves.

as before i proved you its not about Islam or muslims at all again how many time i need to prove this to you?

I did not say it was about islam or muslims. I am only noting that Islam almost always seems to be present when human horror strikes, and the morons doing the killing ALL say that they are doing it in the name of Islam. Make of it what you will.

This thread is what the atheist will call logic. Later, after they have "adjusted" their memories, they will recall that I used ad homs here, and I had no argument and no support, while they all presented brilliant arguments.

Bonus riddle for you Gentle Reader;
How can you use atheism to show that Christianity is true?

The only time atheists will side with theists is when those theists oppose Christianity.

Humorous, no?