Jump to topic:

Daniel 2:44

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 8:24:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
There are those who will try to tell you that this prophecy has been fulfilled, but has it?

Read it carefully.

ASV(i) 44 And in the days of those kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed, nor shall the sovereignty thereof be left to another people; but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

The truth is that not only have human kingdoms not been broken to pieces, and the sovereignty not been handed on to any other, all who today serve as subjects of God's Kingdom, like myself, are also under the sovereignty of human kingdoms.

This shows beyond any doubt that those who say that it has been fulfilled, and that deny the changeover of Kingdoms from legs of iron to feet of part iron part clay, have got it very wrong indeed.

Daniel 2:40-41
ASV(i) 40 And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron, forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things; and as iron that crusheth all these, shall it break in pieces and crush. 41 And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters clay, and part of iron, it shall be a divided kingdom; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.

It is beyond reasonable dispute that verse 40 describes a very different Kingdom, though with certain shared characteristics, to that described in verse 41.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 8:27:11 AM
At 3/30/2015 8:24:05 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
There are those who will try to tell you that this prophecy has been fulfilled, but has it?

Read it carefully.

ASV(i) 44 And in the days of those kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed, nor shall the sovereignty thereof be left to another people; but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

The truth is that not only have human kingdoms not been broken to pieces, and the sovereignty not been handed on to any other, all who today serve as subjects of God's Kingdom, like myself, are also under the sovereignty of human kingdoms.

This shows beyond any doubt that those who say that it has been fulfilled, and that deny the changeover of Kingdoms from legs of iron to feet of part iron part clay, have got it very wrong indeed.

ASV(i) 40 And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron, forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things; and as iron that crusheth all these, shall it break in pieces and crush. 41 And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters clay, and part of iron, it shall be a divided kingdom; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.

It is beyond reasonable dispute that verse 40 describes a very different Kingdom, though with certain shared characteristics, to that described in verse 41.

So called Biblical prophecies are a load of baloney, and are open to any daft interpretation anyone wishes to put on them!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 8:58:29 AM

Read it carefully.

The truth is that not only have human kingdoms ....

Wait a minute! Where does the passage say anything about "human kingdoms"? Exactly which kingdoms are the "all these kingdoms" in Dan 2: 44?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 9:25:27 AM
At 3/30/2015 8:58:29 AM, annanicole wrote:

Read it carefully.

Wait a minute! Where does the passage say anything about "human kingdoms"? Exactly which kingdoms are the "all these kingdoms" in Dan 2: 44?

All the kingdoms are just that, all kingdoms other than God's kingdom.

Hence it says that: "nor shall the sovereignty thereof be left to another people"

God's kingdom will stand alone.

You really should read it properly.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 9:26:00 AM
At 3/30/2015 8:27:11 AM, JJ50 wrote:

Read it carefully.

So called Biblical prophecies are a load of baloney, and are open to any daft interpretation anyone wishes to put on them!

Yes but only one true one.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 12:44:03 PM
At 3/30/2015 9:25:27 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Read it carefully.

I didn't ask that. I asked where the passage says "human kingdoms". It says "all THESE kingdoms."

Hence it says that: "nor shall the sovereignty thereof be left to another people"

Oh, I am. And "all THESE kingdoms" must refer back to kingdoms previously mentioned. I am asking to which aforementioned kingdoms does the passage refer? You can't make "all these kingdoms" passage mean "kingdoms which aren't even mentioned in the passage."
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 12:46:04 PM

Read it carefully.

God planned on destroying this world after He has had all His saints testify to His knowledge and preach the gospel until they are all killed by antichrists who reject Him. The 1,000 year reign of Christ is about to end, then the end will come;

Matthew 24
14: And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, as a testimony to all nations; and then the end will come.

No Christian has ever been used to preach the true gospel ( the Voice of the Lord ). In fact, Christianity is the symbolic feet of iron and clay. The iron means the Roman Catholic Church and Vatican which remains intact today and the clay represents all the Protestant denominations along with off shoots such as the Mormon and JW's religions. All these earthly kingdoms will be destroyed at the end of this age, which will happen soon after the body that's writing this post has been killed.

The fourth kingdom mentioned in this prophecy is the Roman Empire which is represented as the kingdom of IRON. The feet of iron represents the Roman Catholic Church and the Vatican that took over the Roman Empire for Rome and made them very wealthy. The feet of clay represents all the Christian reformers who began to read the Bible and interpret it differently than the Vatican approved of. There are close to 40,000 different denominations of Protestant churches today with none of them knowing who our Creator is. These earthly kingdoms will be destroyed to end this age.

Isaiah 66
15: "For behold, the LORD will come in fire, and his chariots like the stormwind, to render his anger in fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.
16: For by fire will the LORD execute judgment, and by his sword, upon all flesh; and those slain by the LORD shall be many.

2 Peter 3
10: But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fire, and the earth and the works that are upon it will be burned up.
11: Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of persons ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness,
12: waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be kindled and dissolved, and the elements will melt with fire!
13: But according to his promise we wait for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

As soon as the last flesh of this earth has been destroyed, a New Heaven and Earth will be witnessed by God's creation within His mind.

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 1:07:43 PM
At 3/30/2015 12:44:03 PM, annanicole wrote:

Read it carefully.

I didn't ask that. I asked where the passage says "human kingdoms". It says "all THESE kingdoms."

Oh, I am. And "all THESE kingdoms" must refer back to kingdoms previously mentioned. I am asking to which aforementioned kingdoms does the passage refer? You can't make "all these kingdoms" passage mean "kingdoms which aren't even mentioned in the passage."

I know you are wrong. You know you are wrong, that is why you have to deny the obvious change of Kingdoms between Vv 40 and 41.

Again, Jehovah will not always allow his creation to be divided amongst itself and to be made to suffer as it is. You slander God when you say that he is so uncaring.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 1:13:44 PM
At 3/30/2015 1:07:43 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Read it carefully.

I know you are wrong. You know you are wrong, that is why you have to deny the obvious change of Kingdoms between Vv 40 and 41.

Again, Jehovah will not always allow his creation to be divided amongst itself and to be made to suffer as it is. You slander God when you say that he is so uncaring.

Beginning with verse 40:

"And the fourth kingdom"
"It shall break in pieces and crush"
"It shall be a divided kingdom"
"There shall be in it"

It seems to me that you need to tell us the antecedent of the pronoun "it" in "it shall be a divided kingdom". Now ... don't you as you usually do, i. e. just start making up antecedents.

And I asked, "And "all THESE kingdoms" must refer back to kingdoms previously mentioned. I am asking to which aforementioned kingdoms does the passage refer?"

Tell us. You have two little questions up there to answer.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 1:41:47 PM
At 3/30/2015 1:13:44 PM, annanicole wrote:

Read it carefully.

Beginning with verse 40:

"And the fourth kingdom"
"There shall be in it"

It seems to me that you need to tell us the antecedent of the pronoun "it" in "it shall be a divided kingdom". Now ... don't you as you usually do, i. e. just start making up antecedents.

And I asked, "And "all THESE kingdoms" must refer back to kingdoms previously mentioned. I am asking to which aforementioned kingdoms does the passage refer?"

Tell us. You have two little questions up there to answer. : :

Anna, the Vatican was given the power of the Roman government to reign over it's people so the Roman Catholic Church became the extended Roman Empire which is still strong today. That's why it's called IRON.

The Protestant denominations that became popular in this world were started by antichrists who interpreted and translated the scriptures into their own languages. We have close to 40,000 different denominations of Protestant churches in this world today with many religious groups that branched off of Christianity such as the Mormons and JW's, the one MCB supports as being the true believers. This is why the Protestant churches are called the CLAY part of the feet of iron and clay.

All these earthly kingdoms will be destroyed in the fire of God, which is the hot molten lava that will melt the entire crust of the earth into a lake of fire.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 1:59:49 PM

Read it carefully.

Beginning with verse 40:

"And the fourth kingdom"
"There shall be in it"

It doesn't matter.

What matters is that the material from which the body part is formed is relevant to the characteristics, that is why every different kingdom has a different make-up.

Gold
Silver
Copper
Iron
Part Iron part clay.

You and your petty arguments over words, lol.

You are just bending the meaning to fit what you want to believe.

Daniel 2:38-43
ASV(i) 38 and wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the birds of the heavens hath he given into thy hand, and hath made thee to rule over them all:

thou art the head of gold.

39 And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee;

and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth. 40

And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron, forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things; and as iron that crusheth all these, shall it break in pieces and crush.

41 And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters clay, and part of iron, it shall be a divided kingdom; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay. 42 And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken. 43 And whereas thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men; but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron doth not mingle with clay.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 2:36:45 PM
At 3/30/2015 1:59:49 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Read it carefully.

Beginning with verse 40:

"And the fourth kingdom"
"There shall be in it"

It doesn't matter.

What matters is that the material from which the body part is formed is relevant to the characteristics, that is why every different kingdom has a different make-up.

Gold
Silver
Copper
Iron
Part Iron part clay.

I'm not "bending" anything, nor am I "arguing over words". I asked a couple of very simple questions.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 5:11:38 PM
At 3/30/2015 2:36:45 PM, annanicole wrote:

Read it carefully.

Beginning with verse 40:

"And the fourth kingdom"
"There shall be in it"

It doesn't matter.

Gold
Silver
Copper
Iron
Part Iron part clay.

I'm not "bending" anything, nor am I "arguing over words". I asked a couple of very simple questions.

Anna I' have never known you not bending anything, usually everything.

You will do anything to avoid the truth from scripture.

And yes you are arguing over words, mainly the application of the word "it", which you continually and deliberately get wrong.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 6:17:27 PM
At 3/30/2015 5:11:38 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Read it carefully.

Beginning with verse 40:

"And the fourth kingdom"
"There shall be in it"

It doesn't matter.

Gold
Silver
Copper
Iron
Part Iron part clay.

And yes you are arguing over words, mainly the application of the word "it", which you continually and deliberately get wrong.

YOU were the one who introduced the idea that the word "it" means some imaginary 5th kingdom that isn't even in the text. That's why you won't tell us the antecedent of the word "it" --> you know that your twisting of the passage does not even comply with the rules of grammar.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 8:33:41 PM

Read it carefully.

Beginning with verse 40:

"And the fourth kingdom"
"There shall be in it"

It doesn't matter.

Gold : :

Gold was the first metal that the first earthly empire called Babylon used for their false gods that they built with their human hands. The symbolic golden head of the beast represents the Babylonian Empire.

Silver : :

Silver was used by the Persian-Medes pagan worshipers and the reason they are the breast plate of silver of the beast.

Copper: :

The Greek culture discovered copper to make brass tools, weapons and used them in the building of their false gods. This is why they are represented by the girth of copper of the beast.

Iron : :

The Roman Empire began to heat iron ore and use the iron to make their weapons and tools with. This is why it's represented as the legs of iron.

Part Iron part clay. : :

Once the Roman Emperor announced that Christianity was the main religion of the Roman Empire, a papal was formed to change the laws of God that us saints testify to into their own laws to rule over the religion. Eventually, the Roman government gave over their power to the Vatican, which is represented as the feet of iron that includes the Roman Catholic Church. Iron isn't as easy to break as clay when hit on a ROCK, which is symbolic for our Creator.

The Protestant churches were formed hundreds of years later by reformers by the names of Wycliffe, Luther, etc. The Protestant churches have broken up into 40,000 denominations today along with religious groups called Islam, Mormons, JW's, Scientology, etc. These religious groups are represented as the feet of clay because clay breaks into many pieces when hit on a ROCK, which is the symbolic name of our Creator.

Daniel 2:38-43
ASV(i) 38 and wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the birds of the heavens hath he given into thy hand, and hath made thee to rule over them all:

thou art the head of gold.

39 And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee;

and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth. 40

And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron, forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things; and as iron that crusheth all these, shall it break in pieces and crush.

41 And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters clay, and part of iron, it shall be a divided kingdom; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay. 42 And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken. 43 And whereas thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men; but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron doth not mingle with clay.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:04:53 AM
At 3/30/2015 6:17:27 PM, annanicole wrote:

Read it carefully.

Beginning with verse 40:

"And the fourth kingdom"
"There shall be in it"

It doesn't matter.

Gold
Silver
Copper
Iron
Part Iron part clay.

YOU were the one who introduced the idea that the word "it" means some imaginary 5th kingdom that isn't even in the text. That's why you won't tell us the antecedent of the word "it" --> you know that your twisting of the passage does not even comply with the rules of grammar.

Nope I did not introduce anything.

That is what it means, the 5th Kingdom is real, and clearly in the text in the change of composition.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:08:19 AM
At 3/31/2015 8:04:53 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Read it carefully.

Beginning with verse 40:

"And the fourth kingdom"
"There shall be in it"

It doesn't matter.

Gold
Silver
Copper
Iron
Part Iron part clay.

That is what it means, the 5th Kingdom is real, and clearly in the text in the change of composition.

Repeat:

"That's why you won't tell us the antecedent of the word "it" --> you know that your twisting of the passage does not even comply with the rules of grammar."

I never knew a JW yet who understood simple English, much less Greek. Methinks you much prefer to TALK about Dan 2 than to answer any questions pertaining to it.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:22:22 AM
At 3/31/2015 8:08:19 AM, annanicole wrote:

Read it carefully.

Beginning with verse 40:

"And the fourth kingdom"
"There shall be in it"

It doesn't matter.

Gold
Silver
Copper
Iron
Part Iron part clay.

Repeat:

"That's why you won't tell us the antecedent of the word "it" --> you know that your twisting of the passage does not even comply with the rules of grammar."

I never knew a JW yet who understood simple English, much less Greek. Methinks you much prefer to TALK about Dan 2 than to answer any questions pertaining to it.

No, I know I am not twisting the passage, you are, I am reading it as it was intended to be read.

But then that is hardly surprising, what you can't twist you deny.

The key to the number of kingdoms is in the change of material.

Change of material means change of Kingdom, nothing else works.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:24:46 AM
At 3/31/2015 8:22:22 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Read it carefully.

Beginning with verse 40:

"And the fourth kingdom"
"There shall be in it"

It doesn't matter.

Gold
Silver
Copper
Iron
Part Iron part clay.

Repeat:

No, I know I am not twisting the passage, you are, I am reading it as it was intended to be read.

Nothing else WORKS? How did you determine what "works" versus what doesn't?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:26:24 AM

Really? Who told you that?
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:36:03 AM
At 3/31/2015 8:26:24 AM, annanicole wrote:

No-one needed to it is obvious to those of us who trust in God and Christ for our understanding.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:41:23 AM

Sorry posted too soon.

A lot of people have told me a lot of things, but in the end scripture, and it's overall pattern, its essence, its, theme, "the picture no the box", call it what you will, dictates my understanding and my acceptance or rejection of what I am told.

Holy spirit guides my understanding, but scripture, from Genesis to Revelation rules it.

Holy spirit is, after all, nothing more than a helper.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:46:49 AM
At 3/31/2015 8:36:03 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

No-one needed to it is obvious to those of us who trust in God and Christ for our understanding.

So you can see what's not really in the passage due to a special understanding granted by "God and Christ". That figures.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:47:54 AM

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 10:27:19 AM
At 3/31/2015 8:47:54 AM, annanicole wrote:

I have explained that many times, if it doesn't fit into the overall picture, it doesn't belong.

Scripture is an account with one theme from beginning to end, and everything has to fit into that.

It really is that simple, but you miss it because you concentrate on the trees that make up the forest, and therefore can't see the forest itself.

Plus, most importantly, you do not rely on God, Christ and holy spirit, whereas I do.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 10:31:14 AM
At 3/31/2015 8:46:49 AM, annanicole wrote:

So you can see what's not really in the passage due to a special understanding granted by "God and Christ". That figures.

Yes that is true, and of course it figures, scripturally, because that is what scripture promises, and neither God nor Christ ever break their promises.

But then you know all this and choose to deny it, or ignore it.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 10:36:27 AM
The fourth kingdom ( Roman Empire ) is extended throughout the world through Christianity, which is the feet of IRON and CLAY.

If there was another kingdom, it wouldn't be called the feet of IRON. It would have been called the feet of PLASTIC, which is a material most dominate today.

It was God who used Christianity and the toes of iron and clay ( European governments ) to spread building techniques throughout the rest of the world beyond the old Roman Empire's domain.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 2:44:44 PM
At 3/31/2015 10:27:19 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/31/2015 8:47:54 AM, annanicole wrote:

I have explained that many times, if it doesn't fit into the overall picture, it doesn't belong.

Scripture is an account with one theme from beginning to end, and everything has to fit into that.

So there just HAS to be a 5th kingdom in there, even though you can't really put your finger on it, so the passage will "fit with the picture" painted by Jehovah's Witnesses. That's about what I thought.

Plus, most importantly, you do not rely on God, Christ and holy spirit, whereas I do.

No, I firmly believe that someone would need some miraculous intervention in order to "see" a 5th kingdom in Dan 2.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 2:45:56 PM
At 3/31/2015 10:31:14 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/31/2015 8:46:49 AM, annanicole wrote:

Yes that is true

I know it is, which explains why no one other than BotchTowerites can "see" that imaginary 5th kingdom in Dan 2.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 3:06:14 PM
At 3/31/2015 2:44:44 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 3/31/2015 10:27:19 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

No, I firmly believe that someone would need some miraculous intervention in order to "see" a 5th kingdom in Dan 2.

Unfortunately it takes a negative form of supernatural intervention for you not to see it, lol.

Not that you care a fig about that. Truth means nothing to you.