Total Posts:76|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Resolution: Islam (Pro) Vs. Buddhism (Con)

Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 11:12:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Official discussion about the Topic of the following No-Scoring Debate:

Islam (Pro) Vs. Buddhism (Con)

=> Link: http://www.debate.org...
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 12:34:05 AM
At 3/30/2015 11:12:54 PM, Yassine wrote:

Buddhism is a religion of non violence. It has never breed Buddhist extremists that ran around beheading children in the name of God. There is no comparison here,
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 12:55:03 AM
At 3/31/2015 12:34:05 AM, drpiek wrote:

Buddhism is a religion of non violence. It has never breed Buddhist extremists that ran around beheading children in the name of God. There is no comparison here,

- Buddhists' history is filled with practically uninterrupted series of wars & bloodshed for well over 2 millenniums, after all, about 1/10 to 1/5 the world's population was buddhist, get your facts strait. The image of Buddhism portrayed on TV & Hollywood is a fictitious one. The Buddhist Tradition, like any other, calls for peace & justice, & like any other, it has followers who commit the most atrocious of actions, for the same reasons followers of other faiths do.

http://www.cbsnews.com...

http://content.time.com...

http://www.bbc.com...
Current Debates:

drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 1:08:18 AM
At 3/31/2015 12:55:03 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 3/31/2015 12:34:05 AM, drpiek wrote:

- Buddhists' history is filled with practically uninterrupted series of wars & bloodshed for well over 2 millenniums, after all, about 1/10 to 1/5 the world's population was buddhist, get your facts strait. The image of Buddhism portrayed on TV & Hollywood is a fictitious one. The Buddhist Tradition, like any other, calls for peace & justice, & like any other, it has followers who commit the most atrocious of actions, for the same reasons followers of other faiths do.

http://www.cbsnews.com...

http://content.time.com...

http://www.bbc.com...

Wow, muslims have pissed of the Buddhist that is no easy feat. If you can get the Jainist to start attacking your people then all hope for Muslims will be lost as the Jains are even less violent than the Buddhists.
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 1:12:45 AM
One more thing, in Buddism violence is actually against their teachings and religion so those doing these things are going against the religion. In the Muslim world violence is an active and accepted part of their religion. Just read the hadiths.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 1:20:12 AM
At 3/31/2015 1:12:45 AM, drpiek wrote:
One more thing, in Buddism violence is actually against their teachings and religion so those doing these things are going against the religion. In the Muslim world violence is an active and accepted part of their religion. Just read the hadiths.

Response: Not one hadith referring to violence says attack first or fight a peaceful person. So they all refer to self-defense or removing oppression. So violence is justified in Islam. Whereas if Buddism teaches no violence, then that in itself is more violent because it says to do nothing when being attacked or seeing someone attacked. That's not peace if I can go around smacking people and no one does anything.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 1:25:39 AM
At 3/31/2015 1:08:18 AM, drpiek wrote:
Wow, muslims have pissed of the Buddhist that is no easy feat. If you can get the Jainist to start attacking your people then all hope for Muslims will be lost as the Jains are even less violent than the Buddhists.

- Your statement is the definition of bigotry. What utter shame in discard of human life, you have absolutely NO RIGHT to talk about violence!

One more thing, in Buddism violence is actually against their teachings and religion so those doing these things are going against the religion.

- Not 'Violence' that's absurd, for the simple fact that Monks held arms & fought alongside their countrymen & often led them to wars, defensive & offensive wars alike, & also for the fact that the ones calling now for the massacre & ethnic cleansing of muslims in south-Asia & south-east-Asia are in fact Monks.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

- It's 'Unjustifiable Violence' that is against the Buddhist Teachings, which is the case for Islam too. Unjustifiable Violence is one that leads to more Evil, or less Good.

In the Muslim world violence is an active and accepted part of their religion.

- That doesn't even make sense! There is murder, rape, aggression, torture in all parts of the World, particularly in south-east Asia, where half the World's population resides.
- If you meant that violence is accepted in Islam (the Religion itself) & not in the muslim world per se, then you'd be wrong. Islam promotes peace, not violence.

Just read the hadiths.

- Yeah? I read them, & I know them by heart, & I studied them, unlike you, who likely take your info from islamophopic sources.
Current Debates:

drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 1:36:54 AM
At 3/31/2015 1:20:12 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Not one hadith referring to violence says attack first or fight a peaceful person. So they all refer to self-defense or removing oppression. So violence is justified in Islam. Whereas if Buddism teaches no violence, then that in itself is more violent because it says to do nothing when being attacked or seeing someone attacked. That's not peace if I can go around smacking people and no one does anything.

If everyone was truly following the teaching of Buddhism no one would be smacking anyone. I do not remember the last time I heard about Buddhist killing and waring with other Buddhist. Muslims have been a war with themselves and the rest of the world since day 1 of their faith. Personally I think Judism and Christianity both suck too and i am no follower of Buddism but as far as crappy major religions go Muslims take the cake. The world would be a better place without all religions, and especially yours.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 2:33:23 AM
At 3/31/2015 1:36:54 AM, drpiek wrote:
If everyone was truly following the teaching of Buddhism no one would be smacking anyone.

- The Monks are truly following Buddhism! & they are the source of the smacking.
=> There are even Dalai Lamas who waged wars: "For pinpoint examples of Tibet"s warring history one should turn to Derek F. Maher"s "Sacralized Warfare: The Fifth Dalai Lama and the Discourse of Religious Violence" (77-90), which provides a careful Foucaultian analysis of the divergence between historical record and rhetoric. Maher"s essay examines the manner in which the Fifth Dalai Lama, Ngag-dbang bLo-bzang rGya-mtsho (1617-1682) waged a war through violent campaigns and various forms of coercion."
http://blogs.dickinson.edu...

- You are just a typical example of the Bias in the West: Islam is violent, Buddhism is peaceful. That's just ignorance & bigotry at its best. The History of Buddhism, like that of Christianity, is far more violent than that of Islam. Buddhists were killing each-other for the most part of their History, while muslims were prospering & being tolerant right beside them.
=> " Within the monastic traditions alone, there are over sixteen hundred years of Buddhist violence in Asia." <<< that's more than the span of Islamic History in its entirety.
http://www.amazon.com...

I do not remember the last time I heard about Buddhist killing and waring with other Buddhist.

- Of course you don't. You are an ignorant who believes what the politicians & media & propaganda say, instead of getting educated on the subject.

Muslims have been a war with themselves and the rest of the world since day 1 of their faith.

- WOW, such utter ignorance.
- Wars are just part of the Human Condition, much like poverty, illness, ignorance. . . Muslims, compared to the rest of the World, were living peacefully for the most part of their History (which is 15 centuries), before the West decided to invade its land & impose its supremacy. Muslims lived side by side with Christians & Jews in peace for centuries, while in Europe they were massacring each-other & calling each-other heretics. & even just recently, remember WWI & WWII? where do you think that happened? In muslim land? NO, in your lands.
- In the the 20th century, most likely 99% of deaths in wars weren't caused by muslims, mostly by westerners & atheists. & in the 21st century, most wars were caused by westerners, which resulted in the death & destitution of millions. You invade countries & pillage their riches & massacre their civilians, & then you blame your victims for your crimes! What bigotry! & how gullible a person can be to buy such excuses!!??

Personally I think Judism and Christianity both suck too and i am no follower of Buddism but as far as crappy major religions go Muslims take the cake.

- Says the ignorant bigot. & I have no respect for your opinion anyways.
- I am bringing evidence & proof, & you're displaying ignorance & bigotry. Don't delude yourself by feeling good about your position, it's not a praiseworthy one.

The world would be a better place without all religions, and especially yours.

- That's the weakest & most absurd form of argumentation ever coming from a typical bigot!
Current Debates:

DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 7:49:21 AM
So violence is justified in Islam.

A good reason to reject Islam completely, a violent religion.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:19:35 AM
At 3/31/2015 2:33:23 AM, Yassine wrote:

- Of course you don't. You are an ignorant who believes what the politicians & media & propaganda say, instead of getting educated on the subject.

- Wars are just part of the Human Condition, much like poverty, illness, ignorance. . . Muslims, compared to the rest of the World, were living peacefully for the most part of their History (which is 15 centuries)\

Speaking of ignorance and propaganda, notice how Yassine completely ignores the Muslim Conquests of most the known world.

You invade countries & pillage their riches & massacre their civilians...

- I am bringing evidence & proof, & you're displaying ignorance & bigotry.

"Among the most authoritative books devoted to recounting the conquests are: Ibn Ishaq's (d. 767) Sira ("Life of Muhammad"), the oldest biography of Muhammad; Waqidi's (d. circa. 820) Maghazi ("Military Campaigns [of the Prophet]"); Baladhuri's (d. 892) Futuh al-Buldan ("Conquests of the Nations"); and Tabari's (d.923) multi-volume Tarikh al-Rusul wa al-Muluk, ("History of Prophets and Kings"), which is 40 volumes in the English translation.

Taken together, these accounts (which are primarily based on older accounts"oral and written"tracing back to Muhammad and his successors) provide what was once, and in the Muslim world still is, a famous story: that Allah had perfected religion (Islam) for all humanity; that he commanded his final prophet (Muhammad) and community (Muslims) to spread Islam to the world; and that the latter was/is to accept it either willingly or unwillingly (jihad)."

http://www.meforum.org...
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:26:19 AM
Here! Here! Zero Tolerance for Hate Speech filled scriptures and Muhammad's Quran is utterly filled with Hate Speech urging believers to persecute, terrorize, and murder everyone and anyone who doesn't agree with the self-proclaimed religious dictator Muhammad. Report for Hate Speech prosletyzing every post of our Muhammadans that promotes hurting others because they don't go for the religious dictator's bullshiite. Zero Tolerance for Hate Speech from ANY religion that promotes killing other human beings. Zionism is just as bad as Muhammadism, btw. And fundamentalist Evangelical Christianity isn't any better as these people are total hypocrites and will vote in their killer apes into office who go out and make war.

Reject all organized religions that promote Hatred of other human beings for simply not being one of the members of the group mind. Think for yourselves. God gave you a brain to do it with and why fill it with another man's brain who isn't you? Don't be lazy believers piggy-backing on men who aren't you. You can't have an authentic spiritual relationship with God, One to one, if you place another man in between you and God. This is Gnostic spiritual truth of the Solitary Path. Fellowship is fine but not when fellowship leads to group mind dictation.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:37:40 AM

If everyone was truly following the teaching of Buddhism no one would be smacking anyone. I do not remember the last time I heard about Buddhist killing and waring with other Buddhist. Muslims have been a war with themselves and the rest of the world since day 1 of their faith. Personally I think Judism and Christianity both suck too and i am no follower of Buddism but as far as crappy major religions go Muslims take the cake. The world would be a better place without all religions, and especially yours.

Response: And as stated, no verse or hadith in Islam says to attack first, or attack those who are peaceful. So according to you, there would be no violence if everyone followed Islam, so the world would be better. Whereas your ideology brings no solution for peace, so we are betters without yours.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:53:00 AM
At 3/31/2015 8:37:40 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: And as stated, no verse or hadith in Islam says to attack first, or attack those who are peaceful. So according to you, there would be no violence if everyone followed Islam, so the world would be better. Whereas your ideology brings no solution for peace, so we are betters without yours.

Sure, there would have been no violence if we all followed the Nazi's too.
Pase66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 11:25:32 AM

Three words man: "Kung Fu Monks"
Check out these Current Debates
It Cannot be Shown that The Qur'an is Revelation from God
http://www.debate.org...
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 12:13:32 PM
At 3/31/2015 8:19:35 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
Speaking of ignorance and propaganda, notice how Yassine completely ignores the Muslim Conquests of most the known world.

- Point?
- The muslims merely eliminated the governing powers in the regions, & they allowed non-muslims to live in the land freely.

Taken together, these accounts (which are primarily based on older accounts"oral and written"tracing back to Muhammad and his successors) provide what was once, and in the Muslim world still is, a famous story: that Allah had perfected religion (Islam) for all humanity; that he commanded his final prophet (Muhammad) and community (Muslims) to spread Islam to the world; and that the latter was/is to accept it either willingly or unwillingly (jihad)."

- This is fiction. If that were true, there will be no Christians, no Jews, no Hindus, no Zoroastrians, no Pagans. . . living in the Islamic World for one, & no Europeans, no Chinese . . . either.
- I never understood how these propagandist westerners 'historians' think! Is it ignorance? Is it bigotry? Is it just plain stupidity? We'll never know! I am pretty much aware of the content of all the books you mentioned, unlike most these wannabe historians.
Current Debates:

Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 12:14:31 PM
At 3/31/2015 8:53:00 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

- Are you humanly capable of saying something intelligent for once?!
Current Debates:

POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 2:00:32 PM
At 3/31/2015 12:14:31 PM, Yassine wrote:

this is the same guy who says Hirsi Ali is a muslim... lol stupidity at best
Never fart near dog
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 2:48:07 PM
At 3/31/2015 2:00:32 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

this is the same guy who says Hirsi Ali is a muslim... lol stupidity at best

- I know right! He probably assumed she is muslim because she has an arabic name, while in reality she is an islamophobic militant atheist.
Current Debates:

DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 7:00:23 PM

Sure, if you Muslims actually said something intelligent for a change, so far, all we get from you is propaganda and idiocy.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 7:02:57 PM
At 3/31/2015 12:13:32 PM, Yassine wrote:

- Point?

You're a hypocrite.

- The muslims merely eliminated the governing powers in the regions, & they allowed non-muslims to live in the land freely.

Yes, it's called "conquering", try looking up the word and stop being so stupid.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 6:58:36 PM
At 3/31/2015 7:02:57 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

- Point?

You're a hypocrite.

- smile & wave.

Yes, it's called "conquering", try looking up the word and stop being so stupid.

- They were in a miserable state before the muslims came, if the muslims didn't liberate them, they'd lived in darkness & ignorance forever.
Current Debates:

DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 7:05:27 PM
At 4/3/2015 6:58:36 PM, Yassine wrote:
At 3/31/2015 7:02:57 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

- Point?

You're a hypocrite.

- smile & wave.

- They were in a miserable state before the muslims came, if the muslims didn't liberate them, they'd lived in darkness & ignorance forever.

Muslims are living in darkness and ignorance, that's where Islam will keep them, forever.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 7:19:33 PM
At 4/3/2015 7:05:27 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
Muslims are living in darkness and ignorance, that's where Islam will keep them, forever.

- That's a false generalisation. Muslims were the masters of the World for 10 centuries because of Islam.
Current Debates:

DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 7:42:43 PM
At 4/3/2015 7:19:33 PM, Yassine wrote:

- That's a false generalisation. Muslims were the masters of the World for 10 centuries because of Islam.

LOL. Masters of violence.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 7:43:19 PM
At 4/3/2015 7:42:43 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

- Tolerance*
Current Debates:

DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 7:56:09 PM
At 4/3/2015 7:43:19 PM, Yassine wrote:
At 4/3/2015 7:42:43 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

- Tolerance*

The Sword.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 10:08:30 PM

You're nuts. And a liar. When were Muslims ever "masters of the world"? Europeans kicked Muslims out of Europe each time they tried to invade and the same thing is happening again in our times whenever immigrant Muslims gang together in their adopted countries as Muhammad's religion is based permanent war making, to make everyone into a Muslim who thinks only Muhammad's thoughts, making Muslims 1400 years out of date with the rest of humanity.

It's really pointless to debate brainwashed Muhammadan clones as there is no debate with a thinking individual but only debate with human tape recorders spewing out Muhammadan words and ideas as no Muslims are allowed to think for themselves. The religious dictator's ghost still controls the minds of Muhammadan believers so they are disallowed normal critical reasoning to be applied to their own religion. Critical reasoning says obeying one ancient man's ideas to the exclusion of everyone else's is insane as no single human being is capable of representing all human beings unless they are spiritual beings themselves, which Muhammad certainly was not. Jesus Christ was and is. And Christianity rests upon the line of Jewish prophets as God knows, it takes at least two to give truthful witness to any spiritual event, it takes at least two witnesses to verify events in question in courtroom proceedings, it takes at least two witnesses to make any contract valid. One person's opinion by itself is only one person's opinion no matter how idolized the one person is. Still only one person's opinion. Abrahamics don't understand that, that truth isn't a game of football with teams playing against each other, but only the witnessing of honest people unbiased by group mind prejudices. The Gnostic spiritual truth is always true: only the Solitary will meet God, others meet each other in various degrees of mass mesmerization that never seeks truth really but always claims it as if numbers of believers in whatever is passing for religious truth were more valid than truth itself.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 10:29:48 PM
At 4/3/2015 10:08:30 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:

- I normally wouldn't answer, but what the hell!

You're nuts. And a liar. When were Muslims ever "masters of the world"?

- They ruled from west China to Spain, from south Russia to Ethiopia. They ruled south Italy for over half a century, south France for 2 centuries, Sicily for 3 centuries, Spain for 8 centuries, the Balkan area & some for over 4 centuries, India for over 3 centuries, lower south-east Asia (Indonesia, Malaysia. . .) for nearly 5 centuries. China, the Byzantine Empire, the Holy Romain Empire, & Rome, all gave tribute to the Caliphate of Baghdad (of the Abbasid Empire). They practically ruled most of the inhabited world at one time or another, that if you count all the muslim empires & kingdoms throughout History (with the exception of the Americas).

Europeans kicked Muslims out of Europe each time they tried to invade.

- Muslims ruled a good portion of Europe for centuries:
> 8 in Spain.
> 4 in Balkan, & are still there in some parts.
> 3 in Sicily (until the Vandals came).
> 2 in south France.
> 0.5 in south Italy.

and the same thing is happening again in our times whenever immigrant Muslims gang together in their adopted countries as Muhammad's religion is based permanent war making, to make everyone into a Muslim who thinks only Muhammad's thoughts, making Muslims 1400 years out of date with the rest of humanity.

- Muslims are living everywhere today, you're living in a bad dream.

It's really pointless to debate brainwashed Muhammadan clones as there is no debate with a thinking individual but only debate with human tape recorders spewing out Muhammadan words and ideas as no Muslims are allowed to think for themselves. The religious dictator's ghost still controls the minds of Muhammadan believers so they are disallowed normal critical reasoning to be applied to their own religion. Critical reasoning says obeying one ancient man's ideas to the exclusion of everyone else's is insane as no single human being is capable of representing all human beings unless they are spiritual beings themselves, which Muhammad certainly was not. Jesus Christ was and is. And Christianity rests upon the line of Jewish prophets as God knows, it takes at least two to give truthful witness to any spiritual event, it takes at least two witnesses to verify events in question in courtroom proceedings, it takes at least two witnesses to make any contract valid. One person's opinion by itself is only one person's opinion no matter how idolized the one person is. Still only one person's opinion. Abrahamics don't understand that, that truth isn't a game of football with teams playing against each other, but only the witnessing of honest people unbiased by group mind prejudices. The Gnostic spiritual truth is always true: only the Solitary will meet God, others meet each other in various degrees of mass mesmerization that never seeks truth really but always claims it as if numbers of believers in whatever is passing for religious truth were more valid than truth itself.

- Woah! Blah blah blah. You don't even know History, why should I even be interested! Bye.
Current Debates: