Total Posts:172|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Atheism/Agnosticism = Selfishness

Fatihah
Posts: 7,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 3:10:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The more one considers it, the more it is evident why atheists and agnostics deny God and religion. Atheists/Agnostics will say, Why can't I be a homosexual. It makes ME Happy. Why can't I drink. I like it. Why can't I dress provacatively? It makes ME feel good.etc..

Notice it's all about theirself.

Ask a religious person these same questions, and the answers are not about their self. Instead, what is best for society is considered. Drinking is prohibited because of the harm done to others when one is drunk. Homosexuality is wrong because it destroys the role of family in society. Dressing provacaitively is wrong because it seduces people to view each other on sexuality rather than for their inner beauty and personality. Etc..

Atheists and Agnostics are selfish and do not care for society. God does. This why they deny God and religion.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 3:27:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
What a crock. Those agnostics and atheists who deny religion do so because it has no factual basis and is harmful at least as often if not more than it is beneficial. We don't believe in your god or gods because there is no evidence that they exist. The least religions societies on the planet right now have the lowest crime rate and lowest rate of incarceration. That should give you an idea about just how religion affects society.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 3:31:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/31/2015 3:27:45 PM, dhardage wrote:
What a crock. Those agnostics and atheists who deny religion do so because it has no factual basis and is harmful at least as often if not more than it is beneficial. We don't believe in your god or gods because there is no evidence that they exist. The least religions societies on the planet right now have the lowest crime rate and lowest rate of incarceration. That should give you an idea about just how religion affects society.

Response: If that was the case, then why is every objection to a religious law based on what they like? Tell us how homosexuality and open lewdness is best for society?
Fatihah
Posts: 7,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 3:59:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Additionally, how is sex outside of marriage better than in marriage for society? How is alcohol best for society? Or do atheists and agnostics not concerned about society?
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,083
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 4:50:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/31/2015 3:10:04 PM, Fatihah wrote:
The more one considers it, the more it is evident why atheists and agnostics deny God and religion. Atheists/Agnostics will say, Why can't I be a homosexual. It makes ME Happy. Why can't I drink. I like it. Why can't I dress provacatively? It makes ME feel good.etc..

Notice it's all about theirself.

That is a complete strawman. As a former theist, I can tell you my lifestyle did not change any when I realized atheism. Also, one does not choose to become an atheist. It is clear you do not understand atheism at all.

Ask a religious person these same questions, and the answers are not about their self. Instead, what is best for society is considered. Drinking is prohibited because of the harm done to others when one is drunk. Homosexuality is wrong because it destroys the role of family in society. Dressing provacaitively is wrong because it seduces people to view each other on sexuality rather than for their inner beauty and personality. Etc..

You are hanging out with very conservative theists.

Atheists and Agnostics are selfish and do not care for society. God does. This why they deny God and religion.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Fatihah
Posts: 7,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 4:55:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/31/2015 4:50:06 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/31/2015 3:10:04 PM, Fatihah wrote:
The more one considers it, the more it is evident why atheists and agnostics deny God and religion. Atheists/Agnostics will say, Why can't I be a homosexual. It makes ME Happy. Why can't I drink. I like it. Why can't I dress provacatively? It makes ME feel good.etc..

Notice it's all about theirself.

That is a complete strawman. As a former theist, I can tell you my lifestyle did not change any when I realized atheism. Also, one does not choose to become an atheist. It is clear you do not understand atheism at all.

Ask a religious person these same questions, and the answers are not about their self. Instead, what is best for society is considered. Drinking is prohibited because of the harm done to others when one is drunk. Homosexuality is wrong because it destroys the role of family in society. Dressing provacaitively is wrong because it seduces people to view each other on sexuality rather than for their inner beauty and personality. Etc..

You are hanging out with very conservative theists.

Atheists and Agnostics are selfish and do not care for society. God does. This why they deny God and religion.

Response: If untrue, then tell us how homosexuality, lewdness, drinking alcohol, is best for society.
Nac
Posts: 326
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 5:07:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
You seem to be conflating atheism with liberalism, and then misunderstanding the liberals.

1. Not all atheists agree with liberal ideas. I am an atheist who is actually pro-life (except in cases of rape or when the mother could die). Their religious worldview is irrelevant to their politics.

2. Liberals do not justify these actions with a relation to themselves. They justify these actions, to my knowledge, on the ability to choose, as well as the absence of hazards to others.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,083
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 5:09:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/31/2015 4:55:53 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 3/31/2015 4:50:06 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/31/2015 3:10:04 PM, Fatihah wrote:
The more one considers it, the more it is evident why atheists and agnostics deny God and religion. Atheists/Agnostics will say, Why can't I be a homosexual. It makes ME Happy. Why can't I drink. I like it. Why can't I dress provacatively? It makes ME feel good.etc..

Notice it's all about theirself.

That is a complete strawman. As a former theist, I can tell you my lifestyle did not change any when I realized atheism. Also, one does not choose to become an atheist. It is clear you do not understand atheism at all.

Ask a religious person these same questions, and the answers are not about their self. Instead, what is best for society is considered. Drinking is prohibited because of the harm done to others when one is drunk. Homosexuality is wrong because it destroys the role of family in society. Dressing provacaitively is wrong because it seduces people to view each other on sexuality rather than for their inner beauty and personality. Etc..

You are hanging out with very conservative theists.

Atheists and Agnostics are selfish and do not care for society. God does. This why they deny God and religion.

Response: If untrue, then tell us how homosexuality, lewdness, drinking alcohol, is best for society.

Well, first, show me how being an atheist means any particular views on these or any other issues (other than disbelief in gods) must be adopted.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Fatihah
Posts: 7,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 5:12:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/31/2015 5:07:18 PM, Nac wrote:
You seem to be conflating atheism with liberalism, and then misunderstanding the liberals.

1. Not all atheists agree with liberal ideas. I am an atheist who is actually pro-life (except in cases of rape or when the mother could die). Their religious worldview is irrelevant to their politics.

2. Liberals do not justify these actions with a relation to themselves. They justify these actions, to my knowledge, on the ability to choose, as well as the absence of hazards to others.

Response: But no atheist agrees with religion, and no atheist denies that choice is a valid way to bring something into existence. Therefore, they deny God and religion for selfish reasons.
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 5:15:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/31/2015 5:12:56 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 3/31/2015 5:07:18 PM, Nac wrote:
You seem to be conflating atheism with liberalism, and then misunderstanding the liberals.

1. Not all atheists agree with liberal ideas. I am an atheist who is actually pro-life (except in cases of rape or when the mother could die). Their religious worldview is irrelevant to their politics.

2. Liberals do not justify these actions with a relation to themselves. They justify these actions, to my knowledge, on the ability to choose, as well as the absence of hazards to others.

Response: But no atheist agrees with religion, and no atheist denies that choice is a valid way to bring something into existence. Therefore, they deny God and religion for selfish reasons.

I don't think you know what "Therefore" means.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Fatihah
Posts: 7,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 5:16:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/31/2015 5:09:17 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

Well, first, show me how being an atheist means any particular views on these or any other issues (other than disbelief in gods) must be adopted.

Response: I never claimed anything has to be adopted, nor is it the topic. The question simply put is if atheists/Agnostics deny or dislike religious laws because of selfishness.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 5:17:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/31/2015 5:15:20 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 3/31/2015 5:12:56 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 3/31/2015 5:07:18 PM, Nac wrote:
You seem to be conflating atheism with liberalism, and then misunderstanding the liberals.

1. Not all atheists agree with liberal ideas. I am an atheist who is actually pro-life (except in cases of rape or when the mother could die). Their religious worldview is irrelevant to their politics.

2. Liberals do not justify these actions with a relation to themselves. They justify these actions, to my knowledge, on the ability to choose, as well as the absence of hazards to others.

Response: But no atheist agrees with religion, and no atheist denies that choice is a valid way to bring something into existence. Therefore, they deny God and religion for selfish reasons.

I don't think you know what "Therefore" means.

Response: Okay.
Nac
Posts: 326
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 5:18:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/31/2015 5:12:56 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: But no atheist agrees with religion,
By definition, yes, statement is true. Atheists don't agree with religion concerning the existence of a god, to be precise, but your statement is still enough to gather this.
and no atheist denies that choice is a valid way to bring something into existence.
I am extremely confused as to what this means. Please clarify.
Therefore, they deny God and religion for selfish reasons.
Again, I would not like to comment until I understand the second premise.
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 5:22:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/31/2015 5:17:03 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 3/31/2015 5:15:20 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 3/31/2015 5:12:56 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 3/31/2015 5:07:18 PM, Nac wrote:
You seem to be conflating atheism with liberalism, and then misunderstanding the liberals.

1. Not all atheists agree with liberal ideas. I am an atheist who is actually pro-life (except in cases of rape or when the mother could die). Their religious worldview is irrelevant to their politics.

2. Liberals do not justify these actions with a relation to themselves. They justify these actions, to my knowledge, on the ability to choose, as well as the absence of hazards to others.

Response: But no atheist agrees with religion, and no atheist denies that choice is a valid way to bring something into existence. Therefore, they deny God and religion for selfish reasons.

I don't think you know what "Therefore" means.

Response: Okay.

You don't have to preface your responses by saying "Response". The fact that you replied and blockquoted is more than sufficient to indicate that your words are a response.

The point I was making was that merely not believing something does not of necessity mean that the reasons for not believing the thing are selfish--you've drawn no justification for thinking that, yet you threw "therefore" in as though you'd made a valid point.

Atheists do not believe in a god--that's the minimum standard of atheism, and the whole of what it means. When someone is an atheist it may also mean they're selfish, but to assume that their reasons are selfish just because they don't believe is, to be frank, nonsensical bigotry. I could say "Theism = selfishness" and argue that "Theists believe in religion, and that they know the true nature of the universe, therefore they believe that for selfish reasons" and it would be just as much nonsense.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,083
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 5:27:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/31/2015 5:16:26 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 3/31/2015 5:09:17 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

Well, first, show me how being an atheist means any particular views on these or any other issues (other than disbelief in gods) must be adopted.

Response: I never claimed anything has to be adopted, nor is it the topic. The question simply put is if atheists/Agnostics deny or dislike religious laws because of selfishness.

1.Yes, I understand your premise, but it assumes atheist prefer homosexuality, lewdness, drinking alcohol. Atheist may condone these activities (they may not). If they do, it is not because of atheism.

2. Also, your premise assumes atheism must be chosen, but I know of no one who is an atheist because they chose to be - that would be intellectually dishonest to one's self. Without a choice, atheist cannot be selfish by default.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Fatihah
Posts: 7,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 5:30:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/31/2015 5:18:55 PM, Nac wrote:
At 3/31/2015 5:12:56 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: But no atheist agrees with religion,
By definition, yes, statement is true. Atheists don't agree with religion concerning the existence of a god, to be precise, but your statement is still enough to gather this.
and no atheist denies that choice is a valid way to bring something into existence.
I am extremely confused as to what this means. Please clarify.
Therefore, they deny God and religion for selfish reasons.
Again, I would not like to comment until I understand the second premise.

Response: I do not see the confusion. If things can be chosen to be created and atheists do not deny this, then there is valid reason to say that the universe and life was chosen to exist. So why deny the religion that was chosen as well?
Nac
Posts: 326
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 5:30:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/31/2015 5:28:41 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Money, hoes, and clothes. All an atheist knows.

I barely have one of those!! Do I need to disbelieve in God more to get money?
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 5:32:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/31/2015 3:10:04 PM, Fatihah wrote:
The more one considers it, the more it is evident why atheists and agnostics deny God and religion. Atheists/Agnostics will say, Why can't I be a homosexual. It makes ME Happy. Why can't I drink. I like it. Why can't I dress provacatively? It makes ME feel good.etc..

Firstly, why do you assume that all atheists are egoists--that is not true in reality or by necessity.

Secondly, what's wrong with a little hedonism every now and then? That we do good works for others doesn't mean we cannot indulge in ourselves or splurge now and again.

Ask a religious person these same questions, and the answers are not about their self. Instead, what is best for society is considered. Drinking is prohibited because of the harm done to others when one is drunk. Homosexuality is wrong because it destroys the role of family in society. Dressing provacaitively is wrong because it seduces people to view each other on sexuality rather than for their inner beauty and personality. Etc..

Homosexuality does not "destroy" the role of the family.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 5:32:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/31/2015 5:27:27 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/31/2015 5:16:26 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 3/31/2015 5:09:17 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

Well, first, show me how being an atheist means any particular views on these or any other issues (other than disbelief in gods) must be adopted.

Response: I never claimed anything has to be adopted, nor is it the topic. The question simply put is if atheists/Agnostics deny or dislike religious laws because of selfishness.

1.Yes, I understand your premise, but it assumes atheist prefer homosexuality, lewdness, drinking alcohol. Atheist may condone these activities (they may not). If they do, it is not because of atheism.

2. Also, your premise assumes atheism must be chosen, but I know of no one who is an atheist because they chose to be - that would be intellectually dishonest to one's self. Without a choice, atheist cannot be selfish by default.

Well, there is a certain narrative of the "atheist who hates god"--the notion that a person rejects religion not because they think it's untrue, but because they don't like what it says. Sort of like the "denial" stage of grief.

Far be it from me to assume that Fatihah is painting all atheists with this brush, because that would be utterly stupid, but it is a narrative which exists and, to be fair, it's entirely possible that there are claimed atheists who ACTUALLY believe, but speak and act as though they don't because of a deep-seated dislike of the consequences of what they actually believe.

Since that's the sort of thing that could be supposed about anyone who espouses any belief (we can make up other reasons for someone to claim to believe, while not actually believing, anything that are different from their stated reasons for belief), generally, it's considered poor form to argue for that; it's ad hominem nonsense that assumes disagreement can only come from dishonesty, and it's generally disrespectful to assume everyone who says they disagree with you only does so because they're liars.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 5:34:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I am an atheist because I find the idea that a god exists to be laughable. Accepting of drinking, homosexuality, etc. is a result of that view (not the cause).
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 5:38:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The more one considers it, the more it is evident why doctrinal monotheists try to force everyone to adopt their religion. Doctrinal monotheists will say, You can't be a homosexual. It makes ME anxious. You can't drink. It offends MY faith. You can't dress provocatively. it makes ME lustful etc...

Notice its all about their anxious, bigoted selves.

Ask a secular humanist the same questions and the answers are not about themselves, but about observation, respect and compassion for others. Consequently, whatever you yourself prefer, a balance between both individual and society is embraced. Drink is accepted, but encouraged to be moderate because of the harm done to self and others when drunk. Homosexuality is not wrong because sexual expression is not shameful and homosexual families work just as well as heterosexual ones. Dressing provocatively is not wrong because humans are sexual creatures, but disrespect of others is wrong because sexual attraction is no excuse for violence or insult.

Secular humanists are observant, respectful and care for society, while doctrinal monotheists respect only for their own faith. That is why in the end, they deny both truth and compassion, and embrace fear and tyranny.
Nac
Posts: 326
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 5:38:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/31/2015 5:30:17 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: I do not see the confusion. If things can be chosen to be created.
Do you mean social change, life form, law, abstract concepts or something completely different? The way that this question is posed, any of these interpretations seem reasonable.
and atheists do not deny this,
I can't form an opinion until I understand the premise.
then there is valid reason to say that the universe and life was chosen to exist.
Chosen how? By who?
So why deny the religion that was chosen as well?
How is that relevant to the topic?
Fatihah
Posts: 7,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 5:42:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/31/2015 5:32:39 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 3/31/2015 3:10:04 PM, Fatihah wrote:
The more one considers it, the more it is evident why atheists and agnostics deny God and religion. Atheists/Agnostics will say, Why can't I be a homosexual. It makes ME Happy. Why can't I drink. I like it. Why can't I dress provacatively? It makes ME feel good.etc..

Firstly, why do you assume that all atheists are egoists--that is not true in reality or by necessity.

Secondly, what's wrong with a little hedonism every now and then? That we do good works for others doesn't mean we cannot indulge in ourselves or splurge now and again.

Ask a religious person these same questions, and the answers are not about their self. Instead, what is best for society is considered. Drinking is prohibited because of the harm done to others when one is drunk. Homosexuality is wrong because it destroys the role of family in society. Dressing provacaitively is wrong because it seduces people to view each other on sexuality rather than for their inner beauty and personality. Etc..

Homosexuality does not "destroy" the role of the family.

Response: So again I ask, how is sex with the same sex best for society?
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,083
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 5:45:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/31/2015 5:32:50 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 3/31/2015 5:27:27 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/31/2015 5:16:26 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 3/31/2015 5:09:17 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

Well, first, show me how being an atheist means any particular views on these or any other issues (other than disbelief in gods) must be adopted.

Response: I never claimed anything has to be adopted, nor is it the topic. The question simply put is if atheists/Agnostics deny or dislike religious laws because of selfishness.

1.Yes, I understand your premise, but it assumes atheist prefer homosexuality, lewdness, drinking alcohol. Atheist may condone these activities (they may not). If they do, it is not because of atheism.

2. Also, your premise assumes atheism must be chosen, but I know of no one who is an atheist because they chose to be - that would be intellectually dishonest to one's self. Without a choice, atheist cannot be selfish by default.

Well, there is a certain narrative of the "atheist who hates god"--the notion that a person rejects religion not because they think it's untrue, but because they don't like what it says. Sort of like the "denial" stage of grief.

Far be it from me to assume that Fatihah is painting all atheists with this brush, because that would be utterly stupid, but it is a narrative which exists and, to be fair, it's entirely possible that there are claimed atheists who ACTUALLY believe, but speak and act as though they don't because of a deep-seated dislike of the consequences of what they actually believe.

Since that's the sort of thing that could be supposed about anyone who espouses any belief (we can make up other reasons for someone to claim to believe, while not actually believing, anything that are different from their stated reasons for belief), generally, it's considered poor form to argue for that; it's ad hominem nonsense that assumes disagreement can only come from dishonesty, and it's generally disrespectful to assume everyone who says they disagree with you only does so because they're liars.

I agree there seems to be a popular trend to suggest atheism is bad for this or that reason built on the assumption that atheists choose to disbelieve. I have not yet determined if this is done intentionally, or out of sheer ignorance. Either way, I take exception to that insinuation though.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Fatihah
Posts: 7,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 5:45:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/31/2015 5:38:29 PM, Nac wrote:
At 3/31/2015 5:30:17 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: I do not see the confusion. If things can be chosen to be created.
Do you mean social change, life form, law, abstract concepts or something completely different? The way that this question is posed, any of these interpretations seem reasonable.
and atheists do not deny this,
I can't form an opinion until I understand the premise.
then there is valid reason to say that the universe and life was chosen to exist.
Chosen how? By who?
So why deny the religion that was chosen as well?
How is that relevant to the topic?

Response: I am speaking simple English. So I cannot answer your questions if what I wrote in simple English confuses you.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 5:46:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/31/2015 5:30:50 PM, Nac wrote:
At 3/31/2015 5:28:41 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Money, hoes, and clothes. All an atheist knows.

I barely have one of those!! Do I need to disbelieve in God more to get money?

No, no...but it helps.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 5:47:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/31/2015 5:42:50 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 3/31/2015 5:32:39 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 3/31/2015 3:10:04 PM, Fatihah wrote:
The more one considers it, the more it is evident why atheists and agnostics deny God and religion. Atheists/Agnostics will say, Why can't I be a homosexual. It makes ME Happy. Why can't I drink. I like it. Why can't I dress provacatively? It makes ME feel good.etc..

Firstly, why do you assume that all atheists are egoists--that is not true in reality or by necessity.

Secondly, what's wrong with a little hedonism every now and then? That we do good works for others doesn't mean we cannot indulge in ourselves or splurge now and again.

Ask a religious person these same questions, and the answers are not about their self. Instead, what is best for society is considered. Drinking is prohibited because of the harm done to others when one is drunk. Homosexuality is wrong because it destroys the role of family in society. Dressing provacaitively is wrong because it seduces people to view each other on sexuality rather than for their inner beauty and personality. Etc..

Homosexuality does not "destroy" the role of the family.

Response: So again I ask, how is sex with the same sex best for society?

That is something I would explain in the debate, if you're interested.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Fatihah
Posts: 7,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 5:54:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/31/2015 5:47:13 PM, bsh1 wrote:


That is something I would explain in the debate, if you're interested.

Response: I do not debate one on one debate challenges if that is what you are implying. I debate in the public forum.