***New Moderator Update***

Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 7:02:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
MODERATOR UPDATE:

In case you missed Airmax"s post on the main forum, whiteflame has moved to a different moderator function and I will be taking over for him as the religion forum moderator.

If you have any issues or concerns regarding the religion forum, please feel free to contact me. Please do not hesitate to PM me if you see issues that require moderator attention. Spam, harassment, call-out threads, trolls, etc. all warrant alerting the moderator. Anyone can PM me so don"t be shy.

All conduct should comply with the websites Terms of Use; harassment and violating the privacy of other users will not be tolerated.

As further clarification on some here is a non-inclusive list of the rough guidelines I intend to follow:

Thread Topics:

New threads should start a discussion or present an substantive opinion as a prompt for discussion on a topic related to religion.

Threads whose primary purpose is to insult an individual or a group of people will be flagged as spam.

Threads intended to start flame wars will be flagged as spam.

Multiple threads on the same topic posted within a short period of time will be flagged as spam.

Spam will be flagged as spam.

Comment behavior:

Comments should present a substantive view on the thread topic or as a response to discussion in the thread.

Comments that primarily act as an insult to an individual or a group of people will be flagged for moderation.

Proselytizing:

The Religion forum is unique in that many users feel they have an important religious message they must spread to the world. As a result, some users use every opportunity to try to spread their message and convert others to their belief system. While I understand the motivation behind proselytizing, it comes at a detriment to the aims of the broader DDO community. The policy on proselytizing is this:

Please feel free to create a new thread promoting and sharing your religious message. Please refrain from spamming the forum or creating similar threads in a short period of time.

Please refrain from using other threads as an opportunity to preach. Comments that are unrelated to the broader discussion of a thread and are only intended to bring attention to a specific religious message detracts from the quality of the forums in the same way that spam does. Accordingly, proselytizing in response to threads will be flagged as spam.

Basically, don"t hijack threads to spread your gospel- create a new thread related to your topic, don"t spam the board with new threads on ANY topic.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 7:27:44 PM
At 3/31/2015 7:02:46 PM, Raisor wrote:
MODERATOR UPDATE:

In case you missed Airmax"s post on the main forum, whiteflame has moved to a different moderator function and I will be taking over for him as the religion forum moderator.

If you have any issues or concerns regarding the religion forum, please feel free to contact me. Please do not hesitate to PM me if you see issues that require moderator attention. Spam, harassment, call-out threads, trolls, etc. all warrant alerting the moderator. Anyone can PM me so don"t be shy.

All conduct should comply with the websites Terms of Use; harassment and violating the privacy of other users will not be tolerated.

As further clarification on some here is a non-inclusive list of the rough guidelines I intend to follow:

Thread Topics:

New threads should start a discussion or present an substantive opinion as a prompt for discussion on a topic related to religion.

Threads whose primary purpose is to insult an individual or a group of people will be flagged as spam.

Multiple threads on the same topic posted within a short period of time will be flagged as spam.

Comment behavior:

Comments should present a substantive view on the thread topic or as a response to discussion in the thread.

Comments that primarily act as an insult to an individual or a group of people will be flagged for moderation.

Proselytizing:

The Religion forum is unique in that many users feel they have an important religious message they must spread to the world. As a result, some users use every opportunity to try to spread their message and convert others to their belief system. While I understand the motivation behind proselytizing, it comes at a detriment to the aims of the broader DDO community. The policy on proselytizing is this:

Please feel free to create a new thread promoting and sharing your religious message. Please refrain from spamming the forum or creating similar threads in a short period of time.

Please refrain from using other threads as an opportunity to preach. Comments that are unrelated to the broader discussion of a thread and are only intended to bring attention to a specific religious message detracts from the quality of the forums in the same way that spam does. Accordingly, proselytizing in response to threads will be flagged as spam.

Basically, don"t hijack threads to spread your gospel- create a new thread related to your topic, don"t spam the board with new threads on ANY topic.

I, for one, welcome our new moderator overlord. :-)

Spamming is a real issue. I won't name any names. If you follow up on your stated policy regarding spam, it would be very much appreciated. Substantive threads are often lost in the 'noise' of a series of pointless threads about nothing in particular. Also, too often, promising threads are hijacked by the same proselytizers and those who can't resist responding to them. It's beyond a joke.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 9:08:20 PM
MODERATOR UPDATE:

Thread Topics:

Comment behavior:

Proselytizing:

I believe that any person who take on a position of authority, should declare their Allegiance to any particular organisation. Are you an Atheist, agnostic, a member of some particular religious organisation, and if so, which one, etc, etc.

Your profile is pretty vague on this.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 9:34:14 PM
At 3/31/2015 9:08:20 PM, Gentorev wrote:
MODERATOR UPDATE:

Thread Topics:

Comment behavior:

Proselytizing:

I believe that any person who take on a position of authority, should declare their Allegiance to any particular organisation. Are you an Atheist, agnostic, a member of some particular religious organisation, and if so, which one, etc, etc.

I don't share this belief.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 9:40:43 PM
At 3/31/2015 9:34:14 PM, Raisor wrote:
MODERATOR UPDATE:

Thread Topics:

Comment behavior:

Proselytizing:

I don't share this belief. : :

The members will see how fairly you judge them so it makes no difference what allegiance you have towards any particular organization. The only ONE who isn't affiliated with any group is our Creator and His saints.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 9:42:06 PM
At 3/31/2015 9:40:43 PM, bornofgod wrote:
MODERATOR UPDATE:

Thread Topics:

Comment behavior:

Proselytizing:

The members will see how fairly you judge them so it makes no difference what allegiance you have towards any particular organization. The only ONE who isn't affiliated with any group is our Creator and His saints.

I think we agree on that.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 9:50:25 PM
You're not scared of how quickly Whiteflame was burnt out?
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 9:52:33 PM
At 3/31/2015 9:42:06 PM, Raisor wrote:
MODERATOR UPDATE:

Thread Topics:

Comment behavior:

Proselytizing:

I think we agree on that. : :

So far, this has been the best debate forum on the internet because of it's freedom of speech. Once that right is taken away from people, it becomes unfair.

I'm sure you understand that as well as I do.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 10:01:30 PM
At 3/31/2015 9:52:33 PM, bornofgod wrote:
MODERATOR UPDATE:

Thread Topics:

Comment behavior:

Proselytizing:

So far, this has been the best debate forum on the internet because of it's freedom of speech. Once that right is taken away from people, it becomes unfair.

I absolutely do.

Moderation on this site has always been very...moderate. Whenever there is an issue, mods contact users directly and try to come up with a solution.

There has actually been a lot of discussion in the main DDO forum about how to handle post moderation. If you were very interested you could dig up my posts in threads about "toxic" users. I am not at all interested in narrowing the range of views expressed on the site. I am interested in preventing users from dominating discussions and engaging in flame wars.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 10:11:25 PM
At 3/31/2015 10:01:30 PM, Raisor wrote:
At 3/31/2015 9:52:33 PM, bornofgod wrote:
MODERATOR UPDATE:

Thread Topics:

Comment behavior:

Proselytizing:

I absolutely do.

Moderation on this site has always been very...moderate. Whenever there is an issue, mods contact users directly and try to come up with a solution.

There has actually been a lot of discussion in the main DDO forum about how to handle post moderation. If you were very interested you could dig up my posts in threads about "toxic" users. I am not at all interested in narrowing the range of views expressed on the site. I am interested in preventing users from dominating discussions and engaging in flame wars. : :

Some work harder in this forum than others because they have less time restraints in this world. I would rather have members in here making posts in every thread and getting members excited than the dead forums I've seen in the past 7 years.

MySpace.com was the absolutely the best forum ever until Rupert Murdoch had it all changed in the spring of 2010. Now it's completely dead as far as a blogging and debate forum. I remember some of my blogs getting over a 1,000 comments in a day.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 12:40:07 AM
I'd just like to thank Raisor for agreeing to take this responsibility upon himself. The religion forum is a challenge for any moderator and I'm confident Raisor is up to that task. Raisor has outlined a reasonable approach to how he intends to moderate and I look forward to working with him.

As I've said before, members are always free to contact me for any reason, though if it's an issue related to this forum, they are encouraged to contact Raisor first so that he can handle it and pass it to me if it becomes necessary. This way issues can be resolved more quickly and efficiently.

I have confidence that with Raisor's help things should continue to improve in the short term, and that by working with Raisor, the other moderators, and willing members, improvements can be made that should improve the quality of this forum in the long term as well.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, feel free to contact Raisor or myself at any time.
Debate.org Moderator
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 8:01:13 AM
At 4/1/2015 12:40:07 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
I'd just like to thank Raisor for agreeing to take this responsibility upon himself. The religion forum is a challenge for any moderator and I'm confident Raisor is up to that task. Raisor has outlined a reasonable approach to how he intends to moderate and I look forward to working with him.

As I've said before, members are always free to contact me for any reason, though if it's an issue related to this forum, they are encouraged to contact Raisor first so that he can handle it and pass it to me if it becomes necessary. This way issues can be resolved more quickly and efficiently.

I have confidence that with Raisor's help things should continue to improve in the short term, and that by working with Raisor, the other moderators, and willing members, improvements can be made that should improve the quality of this forum in the long term as well.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, feel free to contact Raisor or myself at any time.

He is quite obviously very young and inexperienced so I suggest you have a quiet one in his shell like and let him know that if he makes an accusation then he needs to support it or he just comes off as a preppy wanker not worth anybody's time.
You're welcome.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 9:23:35 AM
MODERATOR UPDATE:

Thread Topics:

Comment behavior:

Proselytizing:

Welcome, and good luck.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Amoranemix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 9:43:37 AM
About two weeks ago someone posted the following in a thread in the religious section, addressed to me :

"You're not really smart enough to do it effectively. Plus, your anal compulsion gets in the way of your communication."

I reported that, which didn't seem to do anything.

How was that report treated and how will such be treated in the future ?
The earth does not belong to man; man belongs to the earth.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 10:41:54 AM
At 4/1/2015 9:43:37 AM, Amoranemix wrote:
About two weeks ago someone posted the following in a thread in the religious section, addressed to me :

"You're not really smart enough to do it effectively. Plus, your anal compulsion gets in the way of your communication."

I was not involved with moderation at the time.

If you contact me directly via pm about issues like that I will make sure it gets addressed.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 10:46:31 AM
Are extreme theists posters permitted to threaten the tortures of hell for those who don't see it their way, as some do on this forum? There are possibly some young and also vulnerable posters who could be intimidated by that sort of unverifiable nonsense. They might not be able to treat it as the laughable garbage it is, as I do.

There are several extreme members who post endless threads on the same sort of theme in a very attention seeking way, imo.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 11:24:24 AM
At 4/1/2015 9:43:37 AM, Amoranemix wrote:

You don't mention the insults you posted in the thread. Or the context under which I made that comment. You don't tell me you've "reported" the post and continue to post to me in the very thread. Classy.

It seems that for some posters, if they can't win an debate with good argumentation, will attempt a "win by moderator".

Mod, I will give you no static on whatever you decide, but please look at the thread before you decide what to do. Thanks.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 12:08:36 PM
At 4/1/2015 10:46:31 AM, JJ50 wrote:
Are extreme theists posters permitted to threaten the tortures of hell for those who don't see it their way, as some do on this forum? There are possibly some young and also vulnerable posters who could be intimidated by that sort of unverifiable nonsense. They might not be able to treat it as the laughable garbage it is, as I do.

There are several extreme members who post endless threads on the same sort of theme in a very attention seeking way, imo.

I too find several God possessed members who come across as extremely suicidal because they repeatedly talk about their imminent death and the coming of the next age, the end of times which is the destruction of all except those who listen to their delusional rantings. Wishing death upon others is considered a threat on many sites. But we are uniquely blessed by members who wish death upon themselves as some sort of fulfillment and not satisfied wish it upon the rest as a matter of conviction.

Why these God possessed choose to make such public announcements about their death wish is rather disturbing. It is not the responsibility of members to gauge the seriousness of their suicidal threats. But by engaging in discussions with these suicidal and clinically depressed members are there personal liabilities should one or two decide to join their creator in the course of these exchanges?

I am a Vedantist raised in the Vedantic tradition a Hindu by birth. So I believe in reincarnations. As a spiritual healer trained in the reading of esoteric scriptures some lives can be improved and others will be better in their next life cycle of rebirths. Which simply means I have nothing personal against suicidal people who want to move on to their next life with higher expectations because their karma from their previous life condemned them in their present life.

Is there some disclaimer that addresses these situations? Should those suicidal members be forced to sign these waivers?
Amoranemix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 6:28:21 AM
Raisor 15
I was not involved with moderation at the time.

If you contact me directly via pm about issues like that I will make sure it gets addressed.
I would like to know what the policy and procedure was and is regarding reports and who I must contact with questions.

ethang5 17
You don't mention the insults you posted in the thread. Or the context under which I made that comment. You don't tell me you've "reported" the post and continue to post to me in the very thread. Classy.
If you think my behaviour in that thread was less appropriate than yours, feel free to challenge me on that to a formal debate.

It seems that for some posters, if they can't win an debate with good argumentation, will attempt a "win by moderator".
Other posters on the other hand, when they can't win a debate with good argumentation, resort to personal attacks. I prefer to challenge my opponents to a formal debate. Perhaps we can have one on which approach is best.
The earth does not belong to man; man belongs to the earth.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 7:34:30 AM
MODERATOR UPDATE:

Thread Topics:

Comment behavior:

Proselytizing:

I have found reading the comments on this thread interesting, and like some others I welcome you and wish you well with it.

I appreciate the problem with proselytising, and I may well be one of the ones complained abut on here in that sense, however my stance on that is simple.

How can anyone make up their minds properly unless given as much information as possible on which to base, what has to be, a very personal decision. Therefore I see my role as "information only" leaving the reader to react as they wish.

My main "bugbear" if you wish, is that there are some, mostly atheists it seem but the occasional theists also, who seem to be on here for no purpose other than to harass, even insult, making little or no contribution to the site.

I assume from you comments that there will in future be a requirement that at least a fair percentage of posts, and especially threads, make some real contribution, however small, to discussion on here.

If that is right then I wish you well as there are a few, who I will not name here, who do need some close monitoring in a while.

Even worse, from the sites viewpoint, is the amount of disguised obscenity that is found on here, with the words slightly changed to escape the filter. Some are much more prone to it than others.

I presume you will be monitoring that, and I shall continue to flag up the worst cases for your attention as a report.

Please feel free to PM me any time you feel the need to do so.

Thanks, and fare thee well.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 8:21:29 AM
At 4/1/2015 12:08:36 PM, Harikrish wrote:

I too find several God possessed members who come across as extremely suicidal because they repeatedly talk about their imminent death and the coming of the next age, the end of times which is the destruction of all except those who listen to their delusional rantings. Wishing death upon others is considered a threat on many sites. But we are uniquely blessed by members who wish death upon themselves as some sort of fulfillment and not satisfied wish it upon the rest as a matter of conviction.

Why these God possessed choose to make such public announcements about their death wish is rather disturbing. It is not the responsibility of members to gauge the seriousness of their suicidal threats. But by engaging in discussions with these suicidal and clinically depressed members are there personal liabilities should one or two decide to join their creator in the course of these exchanges?

I am a Vedantist raised in the Vedantic tradition a Hindu by birth. So I believe in reincarnations. As a spiritual healer trained in the reading of esoteric scriptures some lives can be improved and others will be better in their next life cycle of rebirths. Which simply means I have nothing personal against suicidal people who want to move on to their next life with higher expectations because their karma from their previous life condemned them in their present life.

Is there some disclaimer that addresses these situations? Should those suicidal members be forced to sign these waivers? : :

Why don't you just tell the new moderator to ban me. Then you could have some peace.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 8:54:47 AM
At 4/2/2015 8:21:29 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Is there some disclaimer that addresses these situations? Should those suicidal members be forced to sign these waivers? : :

Why don't you just tell the new moderator to ban me. Then you could have some peace.

You must be one of those suicidal members wishing to be identified.

I found a few posts of yours that alludes to your growing frustration and destitution despite being a chosen believer possessed by God.

You wrote:"I was so far from truth, that my plans were dying an alcoholic death within five years. The year of 1979 I had to start binge drinking because I had gone into the DT's in January of that year and almost died. On December 8th, which was a friday night, I was getting ready to go party for the weekend binge that usually was non stop drinking for two or three days, then I had to quit because of my fear of dying. It's the most horrible kind of drinking you can ever imagine because of the pain I had to suffer all week long as my body craved the alcohol.

By the time I was 16 years old, alcohol became more important in my life than names in a Bible. However, I was 19 at the time and already a full blown alcoholic."

You wrote:" My memory wasn't any good from drinking at such a young age that I couldn't remember one verse in the Bible the whole time I was a Christian. So I wasn't cut out to be a preacher or pastor. "

You wrote:"My english skills in writing and speaking are about the fourth grade level, although I was a terrific speller back then. I've gotten bad at that, also, and now I look up words on Google for spelling purposes. "

You wrote:"I was sleeping in a park until the police made me leave. Now I'm sleeping next to a church building where the police can't find me. "

There are any number of posts about your flesh as Brad Holkesvig being killed by the antichrists and you getting a new body in the next age to replace the badly alcohol deformed body you are suffering in. Has the urgency increased to join your maker/Creator?
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 8:58:21 AM
At 4/2/2015 8:54:47 AM, Harikrish wrote:

I found a few posts of yours that alludes to your growing frustration and destitution despite being a chosen believer possessed by God.

You wrote:"I was so far from truth, that my plans were dying an alcoholic death within five years. The year of 1979 I had to start binge drinking because I had gone into the DT's in January of that year and almost died. On December 8th, which was a friday night, I was getting ready to go party for the weekend binge that usually was non stop drinking for two or three days, then I had to quit because of my fear of dying. It's the most horrible kind of drinking you can ever imagine because of the pain I had to suffer all week long as my body craved the alcohol.

By the time I was 16 years old, alcohol became more important in my life than names in a Bible. However, I was 19 at the time and already a full blown alcoholic."

You wrote:" My memory wasn't any good from drinking at such a young age that I couldn't remember one verse in the Bible the whole time I was a Christian. So I wasn't cut out to be a preacher or pastor. "

You wrote:"My english skills in writing and speaking are about the fourth grade level, although I was a terrific speller back then. I've gotten bad at that, also, and now I look up words on Google for spelling purposes. "

You wrote:"I was sleeping in a park until the police made me leave. Now I'm sleeping next to a church building where the police can't find me. "

There are any number of posts about your flesh as Brad Holkesvig being killed by the antichrists and you getting a new body in the next age to replace the badly alcohol deformed body you are suffering in. Has the urgency increased to join your maker/Creator?

Your post here is typical of what we are not supposed to do, concentrate on insulting rather than contributing. Just like you did with me until you realised you were having zero effect on me, lol.

Brad may not be so strong.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 9:06:54 AM
At 4/2/2015 8:58:21 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Your post here is typical of what we are not supposed to do, concentrate on insulting rather than contributing. Just like you did with me until you realised you were having zero effect on me, lol.

So says the serial adulterous proselytizer.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 9:16:23 AM
At 4/2/2015 8:58:21 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

You must be the other clinically depressed suicidal member possessed by God wishing to be identified. There is little to say to someone your age (66) living alone with animals on disability assistance who is trying to raise charitable donations for Asian migrants you hope to traffic whose pictures you shamelessly post on Facebook, an ex-JW to boot.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 9:16:53 AM
MODERATOR UPDATE:

Thread Topics:

Comment behavior:

Proselytizing:

Are you actually going to take this seriously? Bulprof has made 2 posts in this thread, both posts were insults, and MCB flatly stated he will continue to prosetylize, wrapped in a bunch of rhetoric.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 9:18:24 AM
I've reported about 75% of the posts in this thread for violating the actions that the op clearly pointed out was unacceptable.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 9:28:21 AM
At 4/2/2015 9:16:53 AM, Wylted wrote:
Bulprof has made 2 posts in this thread, both posts were insults,

Here is your big chance.
Support this ridiculous claim.
Poor little thing.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 9:30:43 AM
At 4/2/2015 9:28:21 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/2/2015 9:16:53 AM, Wylted wrote:
Bulprof has made 2 posts in this thread, both posts were insults,

Here is your big chance.
Support this ridiculous claim.
Poor little thing.

Look at your previous 2 posts. You don't have to support something that is self evident.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 9:31:53 AM
At 4/1/2015 8:01:13 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/1/2015 12:40:07 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

He is quite obviously very young and inexperienced so I suggest you have a quiet one in his shell like and let him know that if he makes an accusation then he needs to support it or he just comes off as a preppy wanker not worth anybody's time.
You're welcome.

Insulting Raisor as too young to be competant and if he comes out of his shell, he'll be exposed as the preppy wanker he is.