Jump to topic:

Why do people try to prove god?

janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 10:20:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I don't get it. Shouldn't faith be enough? Is it because they know that a creator is illogical, and they are trying to prove it to themselves?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 10:33:23 PM
At 3/31/2015 10:20:40 PM, janesix wrote:
I don't get it. Shouldn't faith be enough? Is it because they know that a creator is illogical, and they are trying to prove it to themselves? : :

Most religious people do not know our Creator but they use the writings of God's prophets and saints for their selfish purpose to try dominate this world. God's atheists counterbalance this selfishness of religious people by asking them questions that they can't answer. This causes religious people to lie with answers that atheists know are lies.

Only God's saints and prophets know our Creator through faith, which is the moment God speaks into our minds to get our attention. God's chosen believers who believe God exists don't need proof either as they listen to the gospel ( God's voice ) being preached to them by us saints. God's believers have faith in the gospel we preach.

1 John 4
4: Little children, you are of God, and have overcome them; for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
5: They are of the world, therefore what they say is of the world, and the world listens to them.
6: We are of God. Whoever knows God listens to us, and he who is not of God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 10:48:54 PM
At 3/31/2015 10:33:23 PM, bornofgod wrote:
I don't get it. Shouldn't faith be enough? Is it because they know that a creator is illogical, and they are trying to prove it to themselves? : :

Most religious people do not know our Creator but they use the writings of God's prophets and saints for their selfish purpose to try dominate this world. God's atheists counterbalance this selfishness of religious people by asking them questions that they can't answer. This causes religious people to lie with answers that atheists know are lies.

Only God's saints and prophets know our Creator through faith, which is the moment God speaks into our minds to get our attention. God's chosen believers who believe God exists don't need proof either as they listen to the gospel ( God's voice ) being preached to them by us saints. God's believers have faith in the gospel we preach.

1 John 4
4: Little children, you are of God, and have overcome them; for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
5: They are of the world, therefore what they say is of the world, and the world listens to them.
6: We are of God. Whoever knows God listens to us, and he who is not of God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

In what way does God speak into your mind? Is it audible?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 11:03:43 PM
At 3/31/2015 10:48:54 PM, janesix wrote:

1 John 4

In what way does God speak into your mind? Is it audible? : :

The very first words God spoke into my mind was this, "I AM YOUR CREATOR" very loudly. This happened on December 7th, 1979. Since then, it took Him 28 1/2 years to get me ready to start testifying to His knowledge by writing and speaking for Him. He spoke many commandments into my mind during that 28 1/2 for me to obey until June 16th, 2008, when He spoke these words into my mind, "I AM BECOMING YOU".

On that Monday, June 16th, 2008, I begin to testify to the knowledge of God and learn who I was. Now I know the past, present and future that God has revealed to me.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 11:10:21 PM
At 3/31/2015 11:03:43 PM, bornofgod wrote:

1 John 4

The very first words God spoke into my mind was this, "I AM YOUR CREATOR" very loudly. This happened on December 7th, 1979. Since then, it took Him 28 1/2 years to get me ready to start testifying to His knowledge by writing and speaking for Him. He spoke many commandments into my mind during that 28 1/2 for me to obey until June 16th, 2008, when He spoke these words into my mind, "I AM BECOMING YOU".

On that Monday, June 16th, 2008, I begin to testify to the knowledge of God and learn who I was. Now I know the past, present and future that God has revealed to me.

How do you know it's not a hallucination? Do you take any antipsychotics?
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 11:13:23 PM
At 3/31/2015 11:10:21 PM, janesix wrote:

1 John 4

How do you know it's not a hallucination? Do you take any antipsychotics?

Oh, wow, you are new here....
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 11:23:38 PM

1 John 4

How do you know it's not a hallucination? Do you take any antipsychotics? : :

I'm sure the religious Jews thought Jesus and the saints who came after him were crazy, too.

The world that we observe is not our true reality and all us saints learned this. We learn that we're born in the thoughts ( mind ) of our Creator who spoke us into invisible vibrations that are processed into visible objects such as flesh, trees, rocks, water, etc.

These kinds of stories we tell to God's chosen believers are not accepted by the rest of God's people. This means that these people who do not accept our gospel ( Voice of the Lord ) will kill all the saints who preach the gospel. I'm the last of God's saints who will be killed soon.
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 11:56:56 PM
At 3/31/2015 11:23:38 PM, bornofgod wrote:

1 John 4

I'm sure the religious Jews thought Jesus and the saints who came after him were crazy, too.

The world that we observe is not our true reality and all us saints learned this. We learn that we're born in the thoughts ( mind ) of our Creator who spoke us into invisible vibrations that are processed into visible objects such as flesh, trees, rocks, water, etc.

These kinds of stories we tell to God's chosen believers are not accepted by the rest of God's people. This means that these people who do not accept our gospel ( Voice of the Lord ) will kill all the saints who preach the gospel. I'm the last of God's saints who will be killed soon.

Soon... What day did God promise you you'd be assassinated again?
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 12:12:37 AM
At 3/31/2015 11:56:56 PM, Ragnar wrote:

1 John 4

What's you're reason for that? Do you have no empathy?
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 12:16:17 AM
I don't get it. Shouldn't faith be enough? Is it because they know that a creator is illogical, and they are trying to prove it to themselves?

Faith is abstaining from a further investigation AND/OR the suspension of understanding.
I am not a Theist, hence It is not my desire to prove god, however I do not accept claims wherein a god(s) is posited devoid of evidence. I maintain a skeptical application to claims and ideas until sufficent reasoning is discovered to provide a justification in accepting them.
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 12:28:29 AM
At 4/1/2015 12:12:37 AM, janesix wrote:

1 John 4

It's a huge contradiction in his a belief system, since God promised him he would already be assassinated (for telling people historical figures were secretly invisible, but no one in the era of their life noticed this when interacting with them and recording their existence), either his God is lying to him and thus should not be trusted, or he is lying about what his God says to him, or he was assassinated and is now zombie, or his God does not exist.

As for empathy, I am curious the relevance?

janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 12:34:45 AM
At 4/1/2015 12:28:29 AM, Ragnar wrote:

1 John 4

It's a huge contradiction in his a belief system, since God promised him he would already be assassinated (for telling people historical figures were secretly invisible, but no one in the era of their life noticed this when interacting with them and recording their existence), either his God is lying to him and thus should not be trusted, or he is lying about what his God says to him, or he was assassinated and is now zombie, or his God does not exist.

Do you pull the wings off flies for fun as well?
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 12:52:33 AM
At 4/1/2015 12:34:45 AM, janesix wrote:
At 4/1/2015 12:28:29 AM, Ragnar wrote:

1 John 4

Do you pull the wings off flies for fun as well?

No.

bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 8:02:25 AM

1 John 4

Soon... What day did God promise you you'd be assassinated again? : :

God never gave me the exact date of when my body would be killed. Brad thought it would happen by January 24th, 2015 but it didn't happen by then.
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 9:21:33 AM
At 4/1/2015 8:02:25 AM, bornofgod wrote:

God never gave me the exact date of when my body would be killed. Brad thought it would happen by January 24th, 2015 but it didn't happen by then.

So this Brad lied to you, and you passed it on to us with the same credibility you administer God's word?

bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 9:28:45 AM
At 4/1/2015 9:21:33 AM, Ragnar wrote:

So this Brad lied to you, and you passed it on to us with the same credibility you administer God's word? : :

The flesh has always been the enemy of God and it's the reason God keeps the flesh of us saints humiliated during the time He's using the flesh for His purpose. This last humiliation I endured was all planned by Him.
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 9:41:51 AM
At 4/1/2015 9:28:45 AM, bornofgod wrote:

So this Brad lied to you, and you passed it on to us with the same credibility you administer God's word? : :

The flesh has always been the enemy of God and it's the reason God keeps the flesh of us saints humiliated during the time He's using the flesh for His purpose. This last humiliation I endured was all planned by Him.

So in other words, God lied to you.

bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 9:44:31 AM
At 4/1/2015 9:41:51 AM, Ragnar wrote:

So in other words, God lied to you. : :

God is the Creator of EVERYTHING my friend.
Philocat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 10:03:10 AM
Theists don't need to use arguments to convince themselves - most of them know God exists by intuition. Often they use these arguments to provide rational support for their beliefs when they enter a period where their faith wanes or they begin to doubt.

But the main reason that people make arguments for God's existence is so they can converse with atheists regarding religion. Atheists will not take you seriously if you appeal to intuition when asked why you believe in God, you need reasoned arguments to show that theism is not irrational.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 10:07:52 AM
At 4/1/2015 10:03:10 AM, Philocat wrote:
Theists don't need to use arguments to convince themselves - most of them know God exists by intuition. Often they use these arguments to provide rational support for their beliefs when they enter a period where their faith wanes or they begin to doubt.

But the main reason that people make arguments for God's existence is so they can converse with atheists regarding religion. Atheists will not take you seriously if you appeal to intuition when asked why you believe in God, you need reasoned arguments to show that theism is not irrational. : :

Most THEISTS DO NOT KNOW our Creator. They read words in a book and use it to control other people. They're fascinated with the illusion of power they think they have.
Philocat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 10:11:42 AM
At 4/1/2015 10:07:52 AM, bornofgod wrote:

But the main reason that people make arguments for God's existence is so they can converse with atheists regarding religion. Atheists will not take you seriously if you appeal to intuition when asked why you believe in God, you need reasoned arguments to show that theism is not irrational. : :

Most THEISTS DO NOT KNOW our Creator. They read words in a book and use it to control other people. They're fascinated with the illusion of power they think they have.

The Bible assists us in our relationship with God; it is not meant as a substitute for it (in this I agree with you). Yet I maintain that most theists feel a deep, reciprocated personal relationship with God, and this is the grounding for their faith.
UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 10:18:14 AM
At 4/1/2015 9:44:31 AM, bornofgod wrote:

You have the necessary lack of morality to be a successful false prophet, but you don't have the intelligence it takes to manage your lies successfully and be convincing. Your best bet is to take some time off to reformulate your story and try again under a new name.

Or, if you actually are convinced by your clear nonsense, you may want to ask your doctors about trying new anti-psychotics.
UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 10:20:42 AM

I cannot understand how faith can be an acceptable 'reason' for anything. Is faith not a method of artificially convincing yourself of something that you don't know because you want a particular idea to be true? This seems to be what most people mean by "faith". Why not try and understand reality on its own terms?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 10:25:54 AM
At 4/1/2015 10:11:42 AM, Philocat wrote:
At 4/1/2015 10:07:52 AM, bornofgod wrote:

The Bible assists us in our relationship with God; it is not meant as a substitute for it (in this I agree with you). Yet I maintain that most theists feel a deep, reciprocated personal relationship with God, and this is the grounding for their faith. : :

In my experience as being one of God's chosen saints who preaches the gospel for Him, I find most Christians HATE the Truth that I speak to them. They are not looking for a Creator who is the Truth. They enjoy the power of a group of people that support each other in conquering the world like the Romans, Greeks, Persians and Babylonians did.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 10:31:07 AM
At 4/1/2015 10:18:14 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:

You have the necessary lack of morality to be a successful false prophet, but you don't have the intelligence it takes to manage your lies successfully and be convincing. Your best bet is to take some time off to reformulate your story and try again under a new name.

Or, if you actually are convinced by your clear nonsense, you may want to ask your doctors about trying new anti-psychotics. : :

Amos 4
13: For lo, he who forms the mountains, and creates the wind, and declares to man what is his thought;

Isaiah 45
7: I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Jeremiah 32:
23: and they entered and took possession of it. But they did not obey thy voice or walk in thy law; they did nothing of all thou didst command them to do. Therefore thou hast made all this evil come upon them.

Deuteronomy 32
39: "`See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.

Exodus 4:
10: But Moses said to the LORD, "Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either heretofore or since thou hast spoken to thy servant; but I am slow of speech and of tongue."
11: Then the LORD said to him, "Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him dumb, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the LORD?
12: Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak."

I Samuel 2
2: There is none holy like the Lord, there is none besides thee; there is no rock like our God.
3: Talk no more so very proudly, let not arrogance come from your mouth; for the Lord is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed.

Isaiah 40
28: Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary, his understanding is unsearchable.
29: He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength.

Isaiah 44
6: Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: "I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god.
24: Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb: "I am the LORD, who made all things, who stretched out the heavens alone, who spread out the earth -- Who was with me? --
UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 10:58:23 AM
At 4/1/2015 10:31:07 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Or, if you actually are convinced by your clear nonsense, you may want to ask your doctors about trying new anti-psychotics. : :

Amos 4
13: For lo, he who forms the mountains, and creates the wind, and declares to man what is his thought;

Isaiah 45
7: I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Jeremiah 32:
23: and they entered and took possession of it. But they did not obey thy voice or walk in thy law; they did nothing of all thou didst command them to do. Therefore thou hast made all this evil come upon them.

Deuteronomy 32
39: "`See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.

Exodus 4:
10: But Moses said to the LORD, "Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either heretofore or since thou hast spoken to thy servant; but I am slow of speech and of tongue."
11: Then the LORD said to him, "Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him dumb, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the LORD?
12: Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak."

I Samuel 2
2: There is none holy like the Lord, there is none besides thee; there is no rock like our God.
3: Talk no more so very proudly, let not arrogance come from your mouth; for the Lord is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed.

Isaiah 40
28: Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary, his understanding is unsearchable.
29: He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength.

Isaiah 44
6: Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: "I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god.
24: Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb: "I am the LORD, who made all things, who stretched out the heavens alone, who spread out the earth -- Who was with me? --

This would fall under you not having sufficient intelligence to be convincing.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 11:04:05 AM
At 4/1/2015 10:58:23 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:

Amos 4

Isaiah 45

Jeremiah 32:

Deuteronomy 32

Exodus 4:

I Samuel 2

Isaiah 40

Isaiah 44

This would fall under you not having sufficient intelligence to be convincing. ::

This statement of yours proves to me that God made you an antichrist during this first age. But don't worry, you won't remain blind to the Truth forever.
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 11:05:11 AM

But the main reason that people make arguments for God's existence is so they can converse with atheists regarding religion. Atheists will not take you seriously if you appeal to intuition when asked why you believe in God, you need reasoned arguments to show that theism is not irrational.

Unfortunately there is no actual evidence to back up this 'intuition' so rational people can easily dismiss it.
Usagi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 11:15:10 AM

Honestly, I think it's because they either don't understand they can't do it or are trying to catch gullible people.

For the former, they already inherently believe it's true. Even if they don't question that, somewhere inside their mind is the understanding of how logic works. They still use it every day for other things. So, if their deity is obviously an accepted fact of reality, they think on some level it should be possible to prove said deity's existence to unbelievers. Unfortunately, these types tend not to realize their own mistake when they find out they can't, and instead begin willfully ignoring evidence as a defensive mechanism to protect their ideology.

For the latter... well, self-explanatory.
UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 11:15:49 AM
At 4/1/2015 11:04:05 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 4/1/2015 10:58:23 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:

Amos 4

Isaiah 45

Jeremiah 32:

Deuteronomy 32

Exodus 4:

I Samuel 2

Isaiah 40

Isaiah 44

This would fall under you not having sufficient intelligence to be convincing. ::

This statement of yours proves to me that God made you an antichrist during this first age. But don't worry, you won't remain blind to the Truth forever.

It's unfortunate for you that your standards of proof are so low. Fortunately, you don't have the skill or intelligence to significantly affect the lives of others. Otherwise, you'd be doing damage to our society, and we've have to do more than chuckle at you.