Total Posts:28|Showing Posts:1-28
Jump to topic:

Vid. Compassion for unbelievers

Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 11:24:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
https://www.youtube.com...

The message i'm sending is that God calls us to look at unbelievers with compassion and acceptance as equals because we were once lost without Christ.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 11:33:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/1/2015 11:24:45 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

The message i'm sending is that God calls us to look at unbelievers with compassion and acceptance as equals because we were once lost without Christ.

You make it up as you go along, the deity in the Bible is a nasty psycho, which wouldn't know the meaning of compassion and acceptance, if the deeds attributed to it had any truth to them!
bulproof
Posts: 25,255
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 11:45:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/1/2015 11:24:45 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

The message i'm sending is that God calls us to look at unbelievers with compassion and acceptance as equals because we were once lost without Christ.

Thanks but no thanks.
We aren't equals, you NEED a crutch to help you get over the fact that you die.
Pathetic really.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
UndeniableReality
Posts: 1,897
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 11:52:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/1/2015 11:24:45 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

The message i'm sending is that God calls us to look at unbelievers with compassion and acceptance as equals because we were once lost without Christ.

You got a few angry responses, but I'd like to say thank you for not wanting to hurt me or treat me as sub-human just because I wasn't brought up to believe what you believe =)
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 1:13:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/1/2015 11:24:45 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
The message i'm sending is that God calls us to look at unbelievers with compassion and acceptance as equals because we were once lost without Christ.

Truth_seeker, I would warmly invite you to not look at unbelievers with more compassion, but with more respect.

Like all world religions, Christianity is a minority faith. Some 67% of the world is not Christian and does not wish to be. We don't need more compassion, because theological compassion is just paternalism, and the world is fed up with Christian paternalism.

But if you could respect us then that would do two very useful things:

1) End the grandiose theological self-privileging that creates virtually all Christian injustice; and

2) Enable a conversation about secular morality that will encourage your faithful to be more accountable to others, and thus get on better with other faiths.

To be clear, there's nothing Christian theology has ever done to relieve human misery that secular inquiry has not done better. Christian theology lacks the knowledge, wit and insight to develop medicine, chemistry, physics, psychology, engineering or town planning, for example. However, you have the capacity to develop more respect for people outside the faith -- religious and nonreligious alike, and you should.

Curbing your conceit is the best thing your faith could do for the world just now, Virtually the whole world has heard the Christian message over the last several hundred years, and those who haven't accepted it have roundly rejected it.

You need to learn to live with that.

Therefore, please consider.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 3:07:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Please save your compassion for those who are starving or being physically assaulted for being witches or not believing what the rest of their village believes. I don't really need it. I do need respect, as others have mentioned. Respect for my intellect, my ability to reason, and my right not to believe as you do. Show me that and we will get along just fine.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 3:51:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Further to this, some unbelievers who don't need compassion, but do deserve respect:

* LGBT children who profess no faith, but who are nevertheless told by self-appointed moral authorities that their sexuality is sinful;
* LGBT unbelievers, who cannot marry due to religion privileging the definition;
* Atheist politicians who dare not admit their unfaith, for fear that religious bigotry will tarnish their dedication to public service;
* Unbelievers who cannot gain employment in secular services such as schools or hospitals run by religious groups;
* Women pregnant in consequence of rape, sentenced by theocratic lobbying to bear a child they did not choose, and forever carry the memory of gestating and delivering it;
* Any unbeliever of conscience who can't gain a seat in the moral conversations of society, since he doesn't have a theological doctrine to wave as his authority;
* Anyone ever forced to swear a religious oath, or list themselves as one of several religions, simply because society has no recognition of nor respect for dissent from religious affiliation;
* Any unbeliever slandered by being called hedonistic, nihilistic or immoral without first asking him what he believes and how he practices it;
* Anyone who has ever had to answer the door to an uninvited evangelist;
* Any child, teen or young adult put under social pressure to convert or participate in a confirmation ceremony;
* Any child whose genitals have been mutilated for religious reasons;
* Any child an authority figure has terrified with threats of devils, demons and eternal punishment;
* Any child ever falsely told that evolution is only theoretical, or that creationism is a competing scientific theory;
* Any child forced into religious indoctrination by the deluded parental 'right' to prescribe what a child knows and believes;
* Any child whose complaints of physical, mental or sexual abuse were ignored because the abuser was a clergyman;
* Any child, teen or adult ostracised from society on grounds of faith;
* Anyone in dire need refused treatment by a doctor or religiously-funded hospital that has confused theological objection with moral objection;
* Anyone who has ever been told that asking a question, disagreeing with a position, or expressing moral repugnance or outrage is an imposition on freedom of worship; and not to mention,
* Anyone who upholds the separation of church and state, only to find religious propaganda in court-houses, on currency, in government publications, in legislation, or uttered in a chamber of government.

Theological compassion: useless; theological respect, though: tomorrow is not soon enough.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 3:55:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/1/2015 11:24:45 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

The message i'm sending is that God calls us to look at unbelievers with compassion and acceptance as equals because we were once lost without Christ.

Why do Christians turn to the bible when they are looking for the meaning of a word like 'compassion'? If he looked in a dictionary he would have got the meaning. But turning to the bible he got examples of Egyptians and aliens and still no definition of the word compassion. Now we are left with an interpretation of Leviticus from the video.
How about looking for the meaning of 'love' in the bible?
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 4:24:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/1/2015 11:24:45 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

The message i'm sending is that God calls us to look at unbelievers with compassion and acceptance as equals because we were once lost without Christ.

If that is the case, how do you explain this verse?

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 9:56:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/1/2015 11:24:45 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

The message i'm sending is that God calls us to look at unbelievers with compassion and acceptance as equals because we were once lost without Christ. Most Christians are unbelievers of the gospel that us saints preach. They only believe their false written gospels that were written by antichrists who stole the words from us saints and mixed their Jewish traditions and Babylonian teachings with them to make up their new testament.

The old testament prophecies are not about Christians accepting their Lord and Savior they call Jesus. They're about how God planned to kill all the flesh of this world with the earth by the flood and the hot molten lava to end this age. The OT prophecies are also about God's saints coming to preach the GOOD NEWS about ALL God's people being saved from their wicked flesh and this world and how we'll be experiencing life in Paradise ( The New Heaven and Earth ) with new flesh.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 7:51:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/1/2015 11:24:45 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

The message i'm sending is that God calls us to look at unbelievers with compassion and acceptance as equals because we were once lost without Christ.

Depends on what you call compassion.

In God's eyes the kindest way to show them compassion is to point them in the right direction, tell them what the options are, and leave them to make up thier own minds.

That is my entire purpose on here.

It also depends no who you class as an unbeliever.

In scriptural terms, no matter what they choose to call themselves, the vast majority of people on this planet are unbelievers.

Why?

Because even if they have been taught to believe in a god and/or a Christ, they have been taught to believe in a false version.

That, in God's eyes, makes them unbelievers.

There is so much more to being a true believer than just calling yourself something, and God only wants true believers.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 7:56:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/1/2015 3:55:06 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/1/2015 11:24:45 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

The message i'm sending is that God calls us to look at unbelievers with compassion and acceptance as equals because we were once lost without Christ.

Why do Christians turn to the bible when they are looking for the meaning of a word like 'compassion'? If he looked in a dictionary he would have got the meaning. But turning to the bible he got examples of Egyptians and aliens and still no definition of the word compassion. Now we are left with an interpretation of Leviticus from the video.
How about looking for the meaning of 'love' in the bible? : :

Which is something you know nothing about. No Christian understands what the love of God is.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 8:02:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 7:51:22 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/1/2015 11:24:45 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

The message i'm sending is that God calls us to look at unbelievers with compassion and acceptance as equals because we were once lost without Christ.

Depends on what you call compassion.

In God's eyes the kindest way to show them compassion is to point them in the right direction, tell them what the options are, and leave them to make up thier own minds.

You simply don't understand that no man chooses our Creator. Our Creator is the ONE who planned, created and formed EVERYTHING, including ALL MAN'S CHOICES.

Ephesians 1
4: even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him.

Romans 9:
28: We know that in everything God works for good with those who love him, who are called according to his purpose.
29: For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the first-born among many brethren.
30: And those whom he predestined he also called; and those whom he called he also justified; and those whom he justified he also glorified.

II Thesalonians 2:
13: But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God chose you from the beginning to be saved, through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth.

I Corinthians 1:
25: For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26: For consider your call, brethren; not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth;
27: but God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise, God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong,
28: God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are,
29: so that no human being might boast in the presence of God.

You're boasting that you made a decision when I know that God chose you to be a fool.

That is my entire purpose on here.

It also depends no who you class as an unbeliever.

In scriptural terms, no matter what they choose to call themselves, the vast majority of people on this planet are unbelievers.

Why?

Because even if they have been taught to believe in a god and/or a Christ, they have been taught to believe in a false version.

That, in God's eyes, makes them unbelievers.

There is so much more to being a true believer than just calling yourself something, and God only wants true believers.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 8:06:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 7:56:15 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 4/1/2015 3:55:06 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/1/2015 11:24:45 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

The message i'm sending is that God calls us to look at unbelievers with compassion and acceptance as equals because we were once lost without Christ.

Why do Christians turn to the bible when they are looking for the meaning of a word like 'compassion'? If he looked in a dictionary he would have got the meaning. But turning to the bible he got examples of Egyptians and aliens and still no definition of the word compassion. Now we are left with an interpretation of Leviticus from the video.
How about looking for the meaning of 'love' in the bible? : :

Which is something you know nothing about. No Christian understands what the love of God is.

You certainly don't nor does your son who threw you out of his house and made you a homeless beggar.
Where is the definition of love found in the bible?
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 8:09:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 8:06:10 AM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/2/2015 7:56:15 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 4/1/2015 3:55:06 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/1/2015 11:24:45 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

The message i'm sending is that God calls us to look at unbelievers with compassion and acceptance as equals because we were once lost without Christ.

Why do Christians turn to the bible when they are looking for the meaning of a word like 'compassion'? If he looked in a dictionary he would have got the meaning. But turning to the bible he got examples of Egyptians and aliens and still no definition of the word compassion. Now we are left with an interpretation of Leviticus from the video.
How about looking for the meaning of 'love' in the bible? : :

Which is something you know nothing about. No Christian understands what the love of God is.

You certainly don't nor does your son who threw you out of his house and made you a homeless beggar.
Where is the definition of love found in the bible? : :

I've been sharing God's love wherever I am. All the former prophets and saints know the love of God but only chosen believers will acknowledge that love. You antichrists think it's about a human emotion. LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 8:11:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/1/2015 11:45:12 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/1/2015 11:24:45 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

The message i'm sending is that God calls us to look at unbelievers with compassion and acceptance as equals because we were once lost without Christ.

Thanks but no thanks.
We aren't equals, you NEED a crutch to help you get over the fact that you die.
Pathetic really.

You know that is incorrect. Some people use atheism as a crutch, just like people use religion. Anyone who is a militant atheist or an anti-theist would fall under the category of an idiot that uses an ideology as a crutch.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 9:26:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 8:11:35 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/1/2015 11:45:12 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/1/2015 11:24:45 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

The message i'm sending is that God calls us to look at unbelievers with compassion and acceptance as equals because we were once lost without Christ.

Thanks but no thanks.
We aren't equals, you NEED a crutch to help you get over the fact that you die.
Pathetic really.

You know that is incorrect. Some people use atheism as a crutch, just like people use religion. Anyone who is a militant atheist or an anti-theist would fall under the category of an idiot that uses an ideology as a crutch.

Anyone who believes the less than credible stuff in the Bible to be literally true, should seek the help of a psychiatrist!
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 9:29:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 9:26:10 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 4/2/2015 8:11:35 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/1/2015 11:45:12 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/1/2015 11:24:45 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

The message i'm sending is that God calls us to look at unbelievers with compassion and acceptance as equals because we were once lost without Christ.

Thanks but no thanks.
We aren't equals, you NEED a crutch to help you get over the fact that you die.
Pathetic really.

You know that is incorrect. Some people use atheism as a crutch, just like people use religion. Anyone who is a militant atheist or an anti-theist would fall under the category of an idiot that uses an ideology as a crutch.

Anyone who believes the less than credible stuff in the Bible to be literally true, should seek the help of a psychiatrist!

What is your point, and how is that relevant to the discussion at all? This was really out of left field and had absolutely nothing to do with what I said.
bulproof
Posts: 25,255
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 9:57:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 8:11:35 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/1/2015 11:45:12 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/1/2015 11:24:45 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

The message i'm sending is that God calls us to look at unbelievers with compassion and acceptance as equals because we were once lost without Christ.

Thanks but no thanks.
We aren't equals, you NEED a crutch to help you get over the fact that you die.
Pathetic really.

You know that is incorrect. Some people use atheism as a crutch, just like people use religion. Anyone who is a militant atheist or an anti-theist would fall under the category of an idiot that uses an ideology as a crutch.

I really think that mummy hasn't actually taught you anything. So it would benefit you to never respond to my posts until you have achieved a level of understanding that is so far parsecs beyond your capacity.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 10:02:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 9:57:21 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/2/2015 8:11:35 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/1/2015 11:45:12 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/1/2015 11:24:45 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

The message i'm sending is that God calls us to look at unbelievers with compassion and acceptance as equals because we were once lost without Christ.

Thanks but no thanks.
We aren't equals, you NEED a crutch to help you get over the fact that you die.
Pathetic really.

You know that is incorrect. Some people use atheism as a crutch, just like people use religion. Anyone who is a militant atheist or an anti-theist would fall under the category of an idiot that uses an ideology as a crutch.

I really think that mummy hasn't actually taught you anything. So it would benefit you to never respond to my posts until you have achieved a level of understanding that is so far parsecs beyond your capacity.

Apparently you have black and white thinking, and are very naive in this aspect of life. To think every single atheist is immune from using an ideology is just as stupid as thinking every single Christian uses their ideology as a crutch.
bulproof
Posts: 25,255
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 10:08:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 10:02:04 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/2/2015 9:57:21 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/2/2015 8:11:35 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/1/2015 11:45:12 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/1/2015 11:24:45 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

The message i'm sending is that God calls us to look at unbelievers with compassion and acceptance as equals because we were once lost without Christ.

Thanks but no thanks.
We aren't equals, you NEED a crutch to help you get over the fact that you die.
Pathetic really.

You know that is incorrect. Some people use atheism as a crutch, just like people use religion. Anyone who is a militant atheist or an anti-theist would fall under the category of an idiot that uses an ideology as a crutch.

I really think that mummy hasn't actually taught you anything. So it would benefit you to never respond to my posts until you have achieved a level of understanding that is so far parsecs beyond your capacity.

Apparently you have black and white thinking, and are very naive in this aspect of life. To think every single atheist is immune from using an ideology is just as stupid as thinking every single Christian uses their ideology as a crutch.

Here's a tip you might wish to remember.
Whatever is rattling in your bonce is completely unrelated to what I have posted.
In future please attempt, at least, to respond to my post and not some drivel existing only in your mt cranium.
Thanks.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 10:09:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 10:08:01 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/2/2015 10:02:04 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/2/2015 9:57:21 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/2/2015 8:11:35 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/1/2015 11:45:12 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/1/2015 11:24:45 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

The message i'm sending is that God calls us to look at unbelievers with compassion and acceptance as equals because we were once lost without Christ.

Thanks but no thanks.
We aren't equals, you NEED a crutch to help you get over the fact that you die.
Pathetic really.

You know that is incorrect. Some people use atheism as a crutch, just like people use religion. Anyone who is a militant atheist or an anti-theist would fall under the category of an idiot that uses an ideology as a crutch.

I really think that mummy hasn't actually taught you anything. So it would benefit you to never respond to my posts until you have achieved a level of understanding that is so far parsecs beyond your capacity.

Apparently you have black and white thinking, and are very naive in this aspect of life. To think every single atheist is immune from using an ideology is just as stupid as thinking every single Christian uses their ideology as a crutch.

Here's a tip you might wish to remember.
Whatever is rattling in your bonce is completely unrelated to what I have posted.
In future please attempt, at least, to respond to my post and not some drivel existing only in your mt cranium.
Thanks.

I responded to it, and addressed exactly what you implied, but hopefully aren't shallow and stupid enough to believe.
bulproof
Posts: 25,255
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 10:12:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 10:09:29 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/2/2015 10:08:01 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/2/2015 10:02:04 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/2/2015 9:57:21 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/2/2015 8:11:35 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/1/2015 11:45:12 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/1/2015 11:24:45 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

The message i'm sending is that God calls us to look at unbelievers with compassion and acceptance as equals because we were once lost without Christ.

Thanks but no thanks.
We aren't equals, you NEED a crutch to help you get over the fact that you die.
Pathetic really.

You know that is incorrect. Some people use atheism as a crutch, just like people use religion. Anyone who is a militant atheist or an anti-theist would fall under the category of an idiot that uses an ideology as a crutch.

I really think that mummy hasn't actually taught you anything. So it would benefit you to never respond to my posts until you have achieved a level of understanding that is so far parsecs beyond your capacity.

Apparently you have black and white thinking, and are very naive in this aspect of life. To think every single atheist is immune from using an ideology is just as stupid as thinking every single Christian uses their ideology as a crutch.

Here's a tip you might wish to remember.
Whatever is rattling in your bonce is completely unrelated to what I have posted.
In future please attempt, at least, to respond to my post and not some drivel existing only in your mt cranium.
Thanks.

I responded to it, and addressed exactly what you implied, but hopefully aren't shallow and stupid enough to believe.

PROVIDE THE LINK.
I really think that mummy hasn't actually taught you anything. So it would benefit you to never respond to my posts until you have achieved a level of understanding that is so far parsecs beyond your capacity.

And

Apparently you have black and white thinking, and are very naive in this aspect of life. To think every single atheist is immune from using an ideology is just as stupid as thinking every single Christian uses their ideology as a crutch.

You can ask mummy if you need to.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 10:14:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 10:12:11 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/2/2015 10:09:29 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/2/2015 10:08:01 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/2/2015 10:02:04 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/2/2015 9:57:21 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/2/2015 8:11:35 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/1/2015 11:45:12 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/1/2015 11:24:45 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

The message i'm sending is that God calls us to look at unbelievers with compassion and acceptance as equals because we were once lost without Christ.

Thanks but no thanks.
We aren't equals, you NEED a crutch to help you get over the fact that you die.
Pathetic really.

You know that is incorrect. Some people use atheism as a crutch, just like people use religion. Anyone who is a militant atheist or an anti-theist would fall under the category of an idiot that uses an ideology as a crutch.

I really think that mummy hasn't actually taught you anything. So it would benefit you to never respond to my posts until you have achieved a level of understanding that is so far parsecs beyond your capacity.

Apparently you have black and white thinking, and are very naive in this aspect of life. To think every single atheist is immune from using an ideology is just as stupid as thinking every single Christian uses their ideology as a crutch.

Here's a tip you might wish to remember.
Whatever is rattling in your bonce is completely unrelated to what I have posted.
In future please attempt, at least, to respond to my post and not some drivel existing only in your mt cranium.
Thanks.

I responded to it, and addressed exactly what you implied, but hopefully aren't shallow and stupid enough to believe.

PROVIDE THE LINK.
I really think that mummy hasn't actually taught you anything. So it would benefit you to never respond to my posts until you have achieved a level of understanding that is so far parsecs beyond your capacity.

And

Apparently you have black and white thinking, and are very naive in this aspect of life. To think every single atheist is immune from using an ideology is just as stupid as thinking every single Christian uses their ideology as a crutch.

You can ask mummy if you need to.

It is in this response. It is your original statement, which appears you you weren't intelligent enough to see. Do you have Alzheimer's ? Just reread the beginning of this message (the light gray part).
bulproof
Posts: 25,255
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 10:22:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 10:14:26 AM, Wylted wrote:
PROVIDE THE LINK.
I really think that mummy hasn't actually taught you anything. So it would benefit you to never respond to my posts until you have achieved a level of understanding that is so far parsecs beyond your capacity.

And

Apparently you have black and white thinking, and are very naive in this aspect of life. To think every single atheist is immune from using an ideology is just as stupid as thinking every single Christian uses their ideology as a crutch.

Dear little thing, I understand why you are getting angry, but that is all part of maturing.
You'll get there in 40yrs or so.

Now respond to the question posed.
Even someone such as you must recognise the absolute disconnect between what you wrote as a response to my post and reality.

Here is a hint, my post makes no mention of ideology, but I'll leave it up to you.
Do the best you can.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 10:28:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 10:22:03 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/2/2015 10:14:26 AM, Wylted wrote:
PROVIDE THE LINK.
I really think that mummy hasn't actually taught you anything. So it would benefit you to never respond to my posts until you have achieved a level of understanding that is so far parsecs beyond your capacity.

And

Apparently you have black and white thinking, and are very naive in this aspect of life. To think every single atheist is immune from using an ideology is just as stupid as thinking every single Christian uses their ideology as a crutch.

Dear little thing, I understand why you are getting angry, but that is all part of maturing.
You'll get there in 40yrs or so.

Now respond to the question posed.
Even someone such as you must recognise the absolute disconnect between what you wrote as a response to my post and reality.

Here is a hint, my post makes no mention of ideology, but I'll leave it up to you.
Do the best you can.

Is that what you do? You try to be as vague as possible so when somebody points out the stupidity of your position, you can use the vagueness to claim you never made the argument you were clearly trying to imply?

When all you know about somebody is that they are theist, and you are using that single piece of information to assume they are using a theistic belief system as a crutch, it is quite obvious that you are concluding all theists use their belief system as a crutch. Ignore the fact that a lot of Christians don't even believe in an afterlife, they must be Christian because they fear death!

Have you considered the multitude of other psychological reasons that could contribute to that belief system? Have you considered that some people have came to their belief due to advanced knowledge of some parts of philosophy me or you might not be aware of?

Have you considered that they may have rationally chosen that belief system, not because they need a crutch, but because they find it fascinating and don't even care about the truth of their belief system?
bulproof
Posts: 25,255
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 10:35:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 10:28:16 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/2/2015 10:22:03 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/2/2015 10:14:26 AM, Wylted wrote:
PROVIDE THE LINK.
I really think that mummy hasn't actually taught you anything. So it would benefit you to never respond to my posts until you have achieved a level of understanding that is so far parsecs beyond your capacity.

And

Apparently you have black and white thinking, and are very naive in this aspect of life. To think every single atheist is immune from using an ideology is just as stupid as thinking every single Christian uses their ideology as a crutch.

Dear little thing, I understand why you are getting angry, but that is all part of maturing.
You'll get there in 40yrs or so.

Now respond to the question posed.
Even someone such as you must recognise the absolute disconnect between what you wrote as a response to my post and reality.

Here is a hint, my post makes no mention of ideology, but I'll leave it up to you.
Do the best you can.

Is that what you do? You try to be as vague as possible so when somebody points out the stupidity of your position, you can use the vagueness to claim you never made the argument you were clearly trying to imply?

When all you know about somebody is that they are theist, and you are using that single piece of information to assume they are using a theistic belief system as a crutch, it is quite obvious that you are concluding all theists use their belief system as a crutch. Ignore the fact that a lot of Christians don't even believe in an afterlife, they must be Christian because they fear death!

Have you considered the multitude of other psychological reasons that could contribute to that belief system? Have you considered that some people have came to their belief due to advanced knowledge of some parts of philosophy me or you might not be aware of?

Have you considered that they may have rationally chosen that belief system, not because they need a crutch, but because they find it fascinating and don't even care about the truth of their belief system?

Run away faded faded weed you have nothing to contribute. Perhaps when you achieve some maturity and experience some life beyond you mum's house, you may be worth talking to.
At the moment you fail miserably.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Posts: 25,255
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 10:38:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Damn wrong button.
You wish to claim that :
Ignore the fact that a lot of Christians don't even believe in an afterlife,

You do understand that this is an ABSOLUTE lie.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin