Jump to topic:

Comfoter in John's Gospel not the Holy Ghost

Abeau
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 3:53:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The Promised Comforter But Who is the comforter? Can it be the Holy Ghost?

John 16:12-13 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

If the Comforter is the Holy Spirit, then how it happened that he was simply reduced to a mere subordinate being that " he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak.."

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

But we see the Holy Spirit was already existing in Luke 1:15, Luke 1:41, Luke 1:67, Luke 2:26 , Luke 3:22 .

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

ANOTHER Comforter, or ANOTHER HOLY SPIRiT whom The Father will give. So, are we having Two Holy Spirit?
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 5:16:36 PM
At 4/2/2015 3:53:23 PM, Abeau wrote:

John 16:12-13 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

If the Comforter is the Holy Spirit, then how it happened that he was simply reduced to a mere subordinate being that " he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak.."

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

But we see the Holy Spirit was already existing in Luke 1:15, Luke 1:41, Luke 1:67, Luke 2:26 , Luke 3:22 .

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

ANOTHER Comforter, or ANOTHER HOLY SPIRiT whom The Father will give. So, are we having Two Holy Spirit?

There is only one holy spirit, but there are three comforters.

One is Scripture through which the God of all comfort gives us comfort.

The second, is the Christ, through whom we have hope to comfort us.

The third is holy spirit, sometimes just called the spirit, or the spirit of truth.

Part of the confusion stems from the false doctrine of the trinity which holds that holy spirit is a sentient being, despite the scriptural evidence to the contrary.

There is only one spirit and it comes from Jehovah, it's name depending on it's use.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 8:59:59 PM
At 4/2/2015 5:16:36 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

There is only one holy spirit, but there are three comforters.

Since you believe the Bible is where you find the Truth, where does it show there are THREE DIFFERENT COMFORTERS, MCB?

Liars like you shouldn't be teaching anyone about God or His plans for His creation.

One is Scripture through which the God of all comfort gives us comfort.

The second, is the Christ, through whom we have hope to comfort us.

The third is holy spirit, sometimes just called the spirit, or the spirit of truth.

Part of the confusion stems from the false doctrine of the trinity which holds that holy spirit is a sentient being, despite the scriptural evidence to the contrary.

There is only one spirit and it comes from Jehovah, it's name depending on it's use.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 9:05:20 PM

The Spirit of God means His thoughts where EVERYTHING was planned and created into invisible vibrations. Vibrations are God's computing language that are processed into visible illusions so everything you observe in this world is only an illusion. Our true reality is the thoughts of God.

So the Holy Spirit is the set of God's thoughts that us saints testify to and learn who we are. We learn that we were created as in His thoughts and from those thoughts that are converted into the earthly languages we saints speak, we learn about the past, present and future. This is how we're able to understand all the prophecies.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 9:33:10 PM
A Comforter brings comfort, not terror. BOG belongs to the Abrahamic terrorists, Muhammadan ones are easy to spot, Zionist ones much harder, but our boy BOG terrorizes with "prophesy" of burning everyone up.

No, a Comforter brings comfort to those in dire need of it especially, the poor, the oppressed, the widows and orphans made so by so many wars. The Comforter embodies the Spirit of Truth of God's Forgiveness of Sin and Sinners, that lesson hard for Pauline Christians themselves to learn as they think God is to be used a weapon of war to punish one's enemies.
seeu46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 10:25:47 PM

John 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 15:25
But when the Comforter is come, whom I(Jesus) will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2015 7:54:28 AM
At 4/2/2015 9:33:10 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
A Comforter brings comfort, not terror. BOG belongs to the Abrahamic terrorists, Muhammadan ones are easy to spot, Zionist ones much harder, but our boy BOG terrorizes with "prophesy" of burning everyone up.

No, a Comforter brings comfort to those in dire need of it especially, the poor, the oppressed, the widows and orphans made so by so many wars. The Comforter embodies the Spirit of Truth of God's Forgiveness of Sin and Sinners, that lesson hard for Pauline Christians themselves to learn as they think God is to be used a weapon of war to punish one's enemies.

It cracks me up every time I see someone post what they think Christians "think" lol, it's wrong every single time. Man, I just love when people tell me what I think! If people would just express themselves and let others express what they believe there would be far less confusion. Doesn't seem like BOG wants to play fair either with all his false ideas about what Christians believe.

I'm waiting for someone to assume what I think that is actually correct...
You know I understand that many people here are fed up with "Christian" politics, but the same people should remember that most of the folks who visit this site aren't some political figure, we have no motives or agenda just as with all the other visitors.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2015 8:24:09 AM

No, a Comforter brings comfort to those in dire need of it especially, the poor, the oppressed, the widows and orphans made so by so many wars. The Comforter embodies the Spirit of Truth of God's Forgiveness of Sin and Sinners, that lesson hard for Pauline Christians themselves to learn as they think God is to be used a weapon of war to punish one's enemies. : :

You have no idea how comforting our Creator can be after He has terrorized the flesh of us saints when He puts us to the ground to do His work.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2015 8:27:06 AM
At 4/4/2015 7:54:28 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

It cracks me up every time I see someone post what they think Christians "think" lol, it's wrong every single time. Man, I just love when people tell me what I think! If people would just express themselves and let others express what they believe there would be far less confusion. Doesn't seem like BOG wants to play fair either with all his false ideas about what Christians believe.

You know I understand that many people here are fed up with "Christian" politics, but the same people should remember that most of the folks who visit this site aren't some political figure, we have no motives or agenda just as with all the other visitors. : :

I have no trouble with the thoughts of men. It's more troubling when men tell me what to think. When they do so, I will tell them what I think.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2015 8:35:32 AM

You know I understand that many people here are fed up with "Christian" politics, but the same people should remember that most of the folks who visit this site aren't some political figure, we have no motives or agenda just as with all the other visitors.

I think you think I think I know what you are thinking.
Well said.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2015 10:42:50 AM
At 4/4/2015 8:27:06 AM, bornofgod wrote:

You know I understand that many people here are fed up with "Christian" politics, but the same people should remember that most of the folks who visit this site aren't some political figure, we have no motives or agenda just as with all the other visitors. : :

I have no trouble with the thoughts of men. It's more troubling when men tell me what to think. When they do so, I will tell them what I think.

I don't tell you what to think, unless you could demonstrate that thanks but your continual rants on Christians prove you a hypocrite.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2015 10:45:38 AM
At 4/4/2015 10:42:50 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 4/4/2015 8:27:06 AM, bornofgod wrote:

I don't tell you what to think, unless you could demonstrate that thanks but your continual rants on Christians prove you a hypocrite. : :

I only speak the Truth about heathens who call themselves Christians. Only God's chosen believers who call themselves Christians will hear My Voice and obey My commandments.