Jump to topic:

To non believers

Heartsearcher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 8:11:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Im no idiot im not blind I know that religion is and always has been the main cause of war, I know that nowadays Christians are joke due to being hypocrites liars prideful and judgmental. I have been on both sides of the coin I have hung out with nonbelievers and Christians I even went to a Satanist forum once to minister to them not force my beliefs on them but to understand their situation. I found that many of them became satinists because of the condemning Christians.

Christians are supposed to be the humble ones the loving and caring ones the patient ones but the ironic thing is I have found far more atheists and nonbelievers who showed a Christ like nature than a lot of Christians. So for all you nonbelievers while I understand you and I have very different views I am truly sorry for the state of the Christians these days. I speak with many Christians from around the world via internet and forums I see the hearts of many of them from what they say and how they say it and sadly I see and hear many of them putting down and talking bad about nonbelievers, many mock them and act as if they are somehow better.

I cant even begin to describe how this infuriates me, the arrogance and pride to talk bad and mock a nonbeliver thinking they are somehow better is unacceptable. I just want all you nombelievers to know you have a friend in me and I will gladly talk with you and if you are ever feeling bad or sad or just need to talk as I am more than willing to lend my ear. trust me I know how harsh life can be, if you knew my lifes testimony you would think I was in a horror movie
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 8:19:15 PM
At 4/3/2015 8:11:21 PM, Heartsearcher wrote:
Im no idiot im not blind I know that religion is and always has been the main cause of war

Then would you rattle off the religious problem(s) that qualifies as "the main cause" of

The Spanish-American War
WWI
WWII
Korean War
Vietman War

I tried to rattle off the major American conflicts circa 20th century so that you might educate us.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
NoMagic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 8:49:11 PM
At 4/3/2015 8:19:15 PM, annanicole wrote:
Im no idiot im not blind I know that religion is and always has been the main cause of war

Then would you rattle off the religious problem(s) that qualifies as "the main cause" of

The Spanish-American War
WWI
WWII
Korean War
Vietman War

I tried to rattle off the major American conflicts circa 20th century so that you might educate us.

I think he's trying the soft approach. He's acknowledging some of the crimes and poor behavior as a result of Christianity. Probably so this isn't raised as an issue. If he can get an ear, then the proselytizing will follow.
Don't be to upset, he's trying a different type of an approach.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 8:49:26 PM
Im no idiot im not blind I know that religion is and always has been the main cause of war, I know that nowadays Christians are joke due to being hypocrites liars prideful and judgmental. I have been on both sides of the coin I have hung out with nonbelievers and Christians I even went to a Satanist forum once to minister to them not force my beliefs on them but to understand their situation. I found that many of them became satinists because of the condemning Christians.

Christians are supposed to be the humble ones the loving and caring ones the patient ones but the ironic thing is I have found far more atheists and nonbelievers who showed a Christ like nature than a lot of Christians. So for all you nonbelievers while I understand you and I have very different views I am truly sorry for the state of the Christians these days. I speak with many Christians from around the world via internet and forums I see the hearts of many of them from what they say and how they say it and sadly I see and hear many of them putting down and talking bad about nonbelievers, many mock them and act as if they are somehow better.

I cant even begin to describe how this infuriates me, the arrogance and pride to talk bad and mock a nonbeliver thinking they are somehow better is unacceptable. I just want all you nombelievers to know you have a friend in me and I will gladly talk with you and if you are ever feeling bad or sad or just need to talk as I am more than willing to lend my ear. trust me I know how harsh life can be, if you knew my life's testimony you would think I was in a horror movie

All wars are started and related to political economic reasons. Propaganda is used and this sometimes has a religious slant to it. Fact: All wars start over desire for money. Fact: Some wars use secular justification and are not religious. Fact: Many countries live in peace despite having a multitude of religious.

It won't matter if everyone in the world says God is dead. there will still be wars over land and resources and national identity.

The slogan religion causes war, is just atheist propaganda. No one who knows war is tricked by this line.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:47:17 PM
As a Gnostic Christian with the Gnostics disdain for Bible beliefs, I can easily see that Abrahamic religions, all of them, historically have a strong tendency to provoke religious warfare wherever they spread. This is because the Story of Abraham glorifies appeasement to a war god, two in fact, intermixed with Abraham. The one war god is Yahweh, tribal war god of the Israelite, a "Lord of hosts" meaning an army. The other war god is Moloch which Abraham's willingness to serve the Great Moloch of War who demanded proof of loyalty by sacrifice of firstborn fried up in ovens or on altars. Moloch worship was happening in the very same region and time frame that Abraham was supposedly running around in. The name "Melchizedek" does not mean "King of Salem" but high priest (Zadoks were such) of Moloch where Moloch and Melech (Hebrew for king) are essentially the same word. And proof of war emphasis is Melchizedek's honoring Abraham's war victory with a big eucharist celebration. It is kinda of ironic that Melchizedek has been bandied around by Christians as some sort of Christ like figure when he plainly represents war as favorable enterprise in the Abraham story.

You worship war gods and you get war. And that's the historical pattern of even Christianity supposed to be a religion of peace but historically is the opposite. We really need to focus on the insanity of Abraham as root cause of Abrahamic religious insanity that continues to plague the nations with religious warfare. I teach Celestial Torah Christianity in which there is no warfare as it returns worship of God Most High, EL Elyon to highest position. Here is the difference between war goods and God Most High: From Canaanite worship of EL, this saying attributed to Him, the Father in heaven of Jesus Christ which is why Jesus' teachings are so different from Yahweh's.

"War is against my wish; Plant the seeds of peace in the heart of the earth."
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 11:37:28 PM
I am truly sorry for the state of the Christians these days.

Why, HS? Like most people in the developed world, Christians are better-behaved today than they have ever been. They're kinder, less murderous, less genocidal, less violent, more tolerant, thieve less and are less corrupt.

That isn't due to Christianity of course. It's due largely to science -- we're wealthier, better educated, and the rule of law is stronger -- and human happiness, education, and effective democracy and effective law-enforcement make for better people.

However, as a faith of (largely) doctrinal monotheism, Christianity is still a (largely) paternalistic religion. In its paternalistic form, it's still an enemy of freedom of speech, freedom of worship, freedom of association, pluralism, compassion and dignity.

One can't entirely blame Christians for that -- they're both victims and perpetrators of the lie that compassionate human discussion cannot produce a viable morality.

All one can do as a secularist is challenge that thought. But there are Christians who don't think Christianity should be doctrinal. I've never met one I haven't both liked and respected, and I can only hope that over time, there will be more.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2015 6:02:04 AM

I cant even begin to describe how this infuriates me, the arrogance and pride to talk bad and mock a nonbeliver thinking they are somehow better is unacceptable. I just want all you nombelievers to know you have a friend in me and I will gladly talk with you and if you are ever feeling bad or sad or just need to talk as I am more than willing to lend my ear. trust me I know how harsh life can be, if you knew my lifes testimony you would think I was in a horror movie

I am sorry your life has not been a good one :( If your faith helps you to get through it, fair enough.

Some non believers, like myself, were believers at one time. I had the 'you must be 'saved' or go to hell', dogma drilled into me from birth. I managed to hold out until I was 11 before giving in, and asking 'Jesus into my heart'. I had a problem which really worried me at that age, and I prayed and prayed that Jesus would give me some sign that he existed, but I never ever had the slightest feeling of his presence. By the time I was 19 and married in 1969, the doubts were too much to ignore and I lost my faith. I haven't missed it in the slightest. I now consider myself an agnostic, it is just possible a deity exists somewhere, but I doubt it is anything like the depiction of the deity in the Bible, which is a very unpleasant character.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2015 6:20:07 AM

I am reminded of an old slogan, and an accurate one, publicised by the Jehovah's Witnesses in the 20' / 30s:

"Religion is a snare and a racket".

They have never really thought of themselves as a religion as such, largely due to the lack of formality in their worship.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2015 6:22:08 AM
At 4/4/2015 6:20:07 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

I am reminded of an old slogan, and an accurate one, publicised by the Jehovah's Witnesses in the 20' / 30s:

"Religion is a snare and a racket".

They have never really thought of themselves as a religion as such, largely due to the lack of formality in their worship.

The JW's belong to a very unpleasant sect!
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2015 6:28:57 AM

The Spanish-American War
WWI
WWII
Korean War
Vietman War

I can't comment on the Vietnam or Korean Wars, but certainly the The Spanish-American War and the two WWs were largely driven with the support of Catholicism, and to a slightly lesser extent Protestantism, supporting Hitler's regime. They were motivated by the loss of influence of the RCs who have always been, in political terms, Facist in style., and have always supported fairly extreme Right Wing governments.

The simple fact is that even today Religion is frequently part of the driving force behind human Government.

In the UK for instance CoE Bishops have a seats in the House of Lords.

However since the days of Charlemagne, the Holy Roman Empire has had somewhat less influence, and has even tried to shed that name, preferring to be known simply as the Roman Catholic Church.

However, they still have an influence albeit much more in the background.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2015 6:35:48 AM
At 4/4/2015 6:28:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

The Spanish-American War
WWI
WWII
Korean War
Vietman War

I can't comment on the Vietnam or Korean Wars, but certainly the The Spanish-American War and the two WWs were largely driven with the support of Catholicism, and to a slightly lesser extent Protestantism, supporting Hitler's regime. They were motivated by the loss of influence of the RCs who have always been, in political terms, Facist in style., and have always supported fairly extreme Right Wing governments.

The simple fact is that even today Religion is frequently part of the driving force behind human Government.

In the UK for instance CoE Bishops have a seats in the House of Lords.

However since the days of Charlemagne, the Holy Roman Empire has had somewhat less influence, and has even tried to shed that name, preferring to be known simply as the Roman Catholic Church.

However, they still have an influence albeit much more in the background.

"he Spanish-American War and the two WWs were largely driven with the support of Catholicism"

LMAO @ that
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2015 6:42:55 AM

Christianity has been thoroughly Apostate since the end of the 1st century, and has left the teachings of Christ well behind it.

However, in this time of the end there has been something of a revival, though it is not particularly popular with all the false version who are thoroughly in the grip of Satan.

Those who now teach Christ's ways are constantly seeking for others interested in being part of God's New World soon to be brought in, just as Jesus foretold at Matthew 24:14.

I can understand how you feel. Even as a child the hypocrisy which was apparent in mainstream "Christianity" was so obvious and annoying.

If you feel as bad as you say, and I don't for one moment doubt that you do, just think how bad Jehovah and his son feel about it.

Followers of Christ have to be a friend to all, and love all equally, even if we hate what they do and how they act, but you might find this statement by Paul interesting in the light of one of your comments.

Romans 2:14-15
ASV(i) 14 (for when Gentiles that have not the law do by nature the things of the law, these, not having the law, are the law unto themselves; 15 in that they show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness therewith, and their thoughts one with another accusing or else excusing them);

Those who have stumbled you, will pay the price for so doing, but don't let them take you down as well.

Romans 2:14-15
ASV(i) 14 (for when Gentiles that have not the law do by nature the things of the law, these, not having the law, are the law unto themselves; 15 in that they show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness therewith, and their thoughts one with another accusing or else excusing them);

The worship of the God that Christ worshipped lives on despite the attentions of the so called Christian church.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2015 8:31:38 AM

I cant even begin to describe how this infuriates me, the arrogance and pride to talk bad and mock a nonbeliver thinking they are somehow better is unacceptable. I just want all you nombelievers to know you have a friend in me and I will gladly talk with you and if you are ever feeling bad or sad or just need to talk as I am more than willing to lend my ear. trust me I know how harsh life can be, if you knew my lifes testimony you would think I was in a horror movie : :

Most Christians believe the Bible and use it to gain power over other sinners like themselves.

God's chosen believers who know they're sinners listen to His Voice and obey ALL His commandments and love the Lord with all their might and soul and love others as they love themselves.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2015 8:36:23 AM

It's rare to see an honest Christian. Welcome.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2015 3:12:24 PM
At 4/4/2015 8:36:23 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

It's rare to see an honest Christian. Welcome.

Same reaction from me. He is a Christian I could learn to like just from the way he bites his own. Like they say. You cannot beat the Christian out of someone once they become possessed. I wonder how he will deal with the withdrawl symptoms?