Jump to topic:

Freedom of speech for all.

bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2015 10:14:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
We are witnessing some changes in this forum by a few who believe they will make this a better place to discuss religious ideas. Some of the changes are to keep the comments of each thread on topic and no proselytizing which is easily seen in any internet religious forum as almost impossible to do.

I have been involved in many religious forums with these same rules and what happens is that a group of members learn how to manipulate those they want out of the forum. This is done in subtle ways that most new members don't see when they first come into the forum.

Eventually, this one or possibly more groups of members become the dominating groups of the forum. Once these groups are solidified and support each other, they can get any other member they don't want in the forum either banned or constantly in trouble. It's like burning a heretic at the stake.

Since I'm one of these members who don't get involved in groups because I don't need a group to support me, I'm usually the one these groups get rid of. I'm the so-called heretic being burned at the stake ( banned ) in almost every forum I've been in.

This demonstrates that there is no freedom of speech when man's rules are applied and enforced by moderators who become prejudiced and begin to favor the groups who dominate the forums. I am already noticing the group being formed, which are the ones who are doing all the complaining about other members.

The fact that our Creator and His creation cannot be proven to exist by either those who believe He exists or those who believe He doesn't exist makes it impossible to find our Creator by debating each other in the first place. This means that no one can win a debate arguing whether God exists or doesn't exist.

Those who use the scriptures to try prove that God exists or that your particular religion is the correct one to believe in are only opinions that others don't believe in. This causes comments or posts to go off topic and of course, proselytizing occurs.

In order to stop this, the moderator would have to be totally fair with all the members and go over all the posts to make sure every member is going by the rules. But unfortunately, it's impossible for moderators to cover every post and this is why it becomes unfair. If a member gets more complaints from the dominating group who don't complain about each other, the moderator will watch that one member's posts closer than the members of the dominating group. Once the one member breaks too my rules or gets enough complaints, he's usually banned, or burned at the stake.

Unless freedom of speech becomes the one and only rule in a forum, the forum will end up being totally controlled by a dominating group and this is when the forum goes dead. New members have to comply to the group or they will be banned right away. I've been in forums and got banned within 20 minutes after posting a new thread that the dominating group didn't like without any warning.

Do you want freedom of speech or a dominating group of members telling you how to express yourself and get banned if you don't do it their way?
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 5:13:29 AM
Freedom of speech is ok to a point, however if people are threatening, harassing, or using racist and homophobic language then, they should be banned from the forum, imo!
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 8:26:27 AM
At 4/5/2015 5:13:29 AM, JJ50 wrote:
Freedom of speech is ok to a point, however if people are threatening, harassing, or using racist and homophobic language then, they should be banned from the forum, imo! : :

This is what all religious groups think. You're still a religious person who excludes anyone from the group you don't like.

Why do you think there are individuals threatening, harassing and using language to insult the members of the GROUP?

Fear is the reason that most people conform to a group. They need the support of others who have similar fears that they do to feel comfortable.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 8:50:36 AM
At 4/4/2015 10:14:03 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Since I'm one of these members who don't get involved in groups because I don't need a group to support me, I'm usually the one these groups get rid of. I'm the so-called heretic being burned at the stake ( banned ) in almost every forum I've been in.

This demonstrates that there is no freedom of speech when man's rules are applied and enforced by moderators who become prejudiced and begin to favor the groups who dominate the forums. I am already noticing the group being formed, which are the ones who are doing all the complaining about other members.

That is entirely not true. The problem is you go onto those forums and derail every thread with the same divinity nonsense being repeated over and over.

The fact that our Creator and His creation cannot be proven to exist by either those who believe He exists or those who believe He doesn't exist makes it impossible to find our Creator by debating each other in the first place. This means that no one can win a debate arguing whether God exists or doesn't exist.

Those who use the scriptures to try prove that God exists or that your particular religion is the correct one to believe in are only opinions that others don't believe in. This causes comments or posts to go off topic and of course, proselytizing occurs.

In order to stop this, the moderator would have to be totally fair with all the members and go over all the posts to make sure every member is going by the rules. But unfortunately, it's impossible for moderators to cover every post and this is why it becomes unfair. If a member gets more complaints from the dominating group who don't complain about each other, the moderator will watch that one member's posts closer than the members of the dominating group. Once the one member breaks too my rules or gets enough complaints, he's usually banned, or burned at the stake.

Unless freedom of speech becomes the one and only rule in a forum, the forum will end up being totally controlled by a dominating group and this is when the forum goes dead. New members have to comply to the group or they will be banned right away. I've been in forums and got banned within 20 minutes after posting a new thread that the dominating group didn't like without any warning.

Do you want freedom of speech or a dominating group of members telling you how to express yourself and get banned if you don't do it their way?

This isn't about freedom of speech, this is about you wanting to get your way, which is to derail every thread. Stop derailing threads and you'll find no one will be looking to get you banned. Simple.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 8:58:05 AM
At 4/5/2015 8:50:36 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

That is entirely not true. The problem is you go onto those forums and derail every thread with the same divinity nonsense being repeated over and over.

This isn't about freedom of speech, this is about you wanting to get your way, which is to derail every thread. Stop derailing threads and you'll find no one will be looking to get you banned. Simple. : :

You simply belong to the dominating group who doesn't understand anything about the freedoms that some of us have. You don't understand what it's like to be freed from the various groups of this world.

I thank God that He has freed me from the world's point of view.

John 15
18: "If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
19: If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.
25: It is to fulfil the word that is written in their law, `They hated me without a cause.

1 John 4
4: Little children, you are of God, and have overcome them; for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
5: They are of the world, therefore what they say is of the world, and the world listens to them.
6: We are of God. Whoever knows God listens to us, and he who is not of God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

1 John 5
19: We know that we are of God, and the whole world is in the power of the evil one.
20: And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding,

We who are freed from the world understand these scriptures very well.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 10:16:43 AM
You are violating the basic rules of this forum. You are speaking as many sock puppets Brad, Jesus, the prophets, and even God.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 1:14:42 AM
At 4/5/2015 10:16:43 AM, Harikrish wrote:
You are violating the basic rules of this forum. You are speaking as many sock puppets Brad, Jesus, the prophets, and even God. : :

You should have a nice conversation with Raisor, the new moderator about the new rules of this forum. If he doesn't satisfy you, then have a nice conversation with airmax, the head moderator. They are both nice people so be nice to them because if you're not nice to them, they won't necessarily be nice to you.
Burzmali
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 1:59:34 PM
Maybe they should split this forum into proselytizing and non-proselytizing sub-forums. Then you, Rant, MCB, and whoever else could go talk past each other and the rest of us could yell back and forth without so much distraction.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 2:03:01 PM
*Sigh*

Freedom of speech does not extend to the internet or other private institutions.

Freedom of speech is not freedom of consequences. One may be held accountable for whatever they say.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 2:04:02 PM
We are witnessing some changes in this forum by a few who believe they will make this a better place to discuss religious ideas. Some of the changes are to keep the comments of each thread on topic and no proselytizing which is easily seen in any internet religious forum as almost impossible to do.

I have been involved in many religious forums with these same rules and what happens is that a group of members learn how to manipulate those they want out of the forum. This is done in subtle ways that most new members don't see when they first come into the forum.

Eventually, this one or possibly more groups of members become the dominating groups of the forum. Once these groups are solidified and support each other, they can get any other member they don't want in the forum either banned or constantly in trouble. It's like burning a heretic at the stake.

This isn't a democracy.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 4:34:52 PM
At 4/6/2015 2:04:02 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

This isn't a democracy. : :

I'm not talking about a democracy. I'm talking about freedom of speech for all God's people. A democracy gives man the illusion of freedom of speech but the one's who make the rules are the rulers over the people. God's people are slaves to the governing bodies of any group.

I'm not involved with any group now that I've been freed to speak directly from the mind of our Creator.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 4:36:08 PM
At 4/6/2015 4:34:52 PM, bornofgod wrote:

I'm not talking about a democracy. I'm talking about freedom of speech for all God's people. A democracy gives man the illusion of freedom of speech but the one's who make the rules are the rulers over the people. God's people are slaves to the governing bodies of any group.

I'm not involved with any group now that I've been freed to speak directly from the mind of our Creator.

That's too bad. We can take away your rights to free speech.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 4:44:20 PM
At 4/6/2015 4:36:08 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/6/2015 4:34:52 PM, bornofgod wrote:

That's too bad. We can take away your rights to free speech. : :

Ever since the Babylonian minded people started killing us saints who are free in the Lord, they have continued to enslave others and kill those who don't agree with them.