Jump to topic:

Far-right conservative christian logic.

triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 10:37:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
'We're very tollerant and respectful of other religions. We're so tollerant that we believe you go to hell for eternal suffering if you aren't a Christian.'
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 11:43:26 AM
At 4/5/2015 10:37:54 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
'We're very tollerant and respectful of other religions. We're so tollerant that we believe you go to hell for eternal suffering if you aren't a Christian.'

We are too tolerant of those sickos who spread that evil garbage for which there isn't the slightest shred of evidence!
genesis01
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 1:07:18 PM

Well it's because god demands 100% holyness. Everyone sins due to human nature and without Jesus to forgive your sins, you will go to hell.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 1:17:15 PM
At 4/5/2015 1:07:18 PM, genesis01 wrote:

Well it's because god demands 100% holyness. Everyone sins due to human nature and without Jesus to forgive your sins, you will go to hell.

You are most likely a troll, but that does correspond correctly to Christian doctrine.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 1:32:59 PM

Yes; we believe this because the Bible says that anybody who has not been saved by Jesus Christ will go to Hell after death, where they will remain for all eternity.
However, that is not to say that Christians are superior in any way; rather, we have accepted the gift of salvation which is offered to every living person and everyone else has not accepted this gift.
So yes, I do believe that if you are not a Christian, you will go to Hell for all eternity after you die.
There are several different ways that a Christian can respond in light of this truth.
First, a Christian can get stuck up and say to non-Christians "Ha! I'll be watching you burn from Heaven, loser!"
As you might expect, this is not a good thing for a Christian to do, seeing as how they are no more worthy of Heaven than the guy who went to Hell, anymore than the drowning guy who got on the raft is superior to the drowning guy who didn't.
Another response by Christians is to deny this or try not to think about it, as it is not an easy thing for most people to grasp. After all, it means that some (that is, most) people will suffer for all eternity. However, not thinking about it or denying it in no way changes the truthfulness of this reality.
Then, there leaves the third option: trying to save people from that fate. This is largely what spurs Evangelizing. Though it has the potential to be done in an incorrect or indecent manner, this is a good response overall.
Fourth and finally, a Christian can just accept that somebody is going to Hell and let that person live their life following their own faith (or lack thereof). This is what "tolerance" is.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 1:42:19 PM
At 4/5/2015 1:32:59 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Yes; we believe this because the Bible says that anybody who has not been saved by Jesus Christ will go to Hell after death, where they will remain for all eternity.
However, that is not to say that Christians are superior in any way; rather, we have accepted the gift of salvation which is offered to every living person and everyone else has not accepted this gift.
So yes, I do believe that if you are not a Christian, you will go to Hell for all eternity after you die.
There are several different ways that a Christian can respond in light of this truth.
First, a Christian can get stuck up and say to non-Christians "Ha! I'll be watching you burn from Heaven, loser!"
As you might expect, this is not a good thing for a Christian to do, seeing as how they are no more worthy of Heaven than the guy who went to Hell, anymore than the drowning guy who got on the raft is superior to the drowning guy who didn't.
Another response by Christians is to deny this or try not to think about it, as it is not an easy thing for most people to grasp. After all, it means that some (that is, most) people will suffer for all eternity. However, not thinking about it or denying it in no way changes the truthfulness of this reality.
Then, there leaves the third option: trying to save people from that fate. This is largely what spurs Evangelizing. Though it has the potential to be done in an incorrect or indecent manner, this is a good response overall.
Fourth and finally, a Christian can just accept that somebody is going to Hell and let that person live their life following their own faith (or lack thereof). This is what "tolerance" is.

That's plain absurd, you can claim your tolerant all you want. However, the fact that you believe anybody whom disagrees with you should be eternally tortured, that's intolerant.

Do you really believe someone serial killer whom is Christian goes to heaven, but Gandhi goes to hell?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 1:45:29 PM
At 4/5/2015 1:43:20 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
If you really believe god judges people based on their religion, you need serious help.

Why don't you set about to enlighten us on the criteria upon which God will judge people. Just list them off in 1, 2, 3 fashion - and give the Biblical reference.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 2:15:23 PM
At 4/5/2015 1:45:29 PM, annanicole wrote:
If you really believe god judges people based on their religion, you need serious help.

Why don't you set about to enlighten us on the criteria upon which God will judge people. Just list them off in 1, 2, 3 fashion - and give the Biblical reference.

How should I know, I'm not a Christian?
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 2:39:45 PM

I don't assume humans are inherently evil, thus claiming automatic punishment for being human does not follow.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 2:45:16 PM
At 4/5/2015 2:15:23 PM, triangle.128k wrote:

Then how would you propose to know how God might or might not judge people. Who informed you?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 3:01:40 PM
At 4/5/2015 2:45:16 PM, annanicole wrote:

Then how would you propose to know how God might or might not judge people. Who informed you?

I'm simply mocking people with some certain belief on how god judges people. I never said I know the right way which god does or doesn't judge.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 3:04:38 PM
At 4/5/2015 3:01:40 PM, triangle.128k wrote:

I'm simply mocking people with some certain belief on how god judges people. I never said I know the right way which god does or doesn't judge.

So for all you know, God could very easily judge people based upon ... their religion?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 3:09:53 PM
At 4/5/2015 1:32:59 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Oh no, you're clearly mistaken here, I have never been offered any gifts from any gods. I know of no one who has.

Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 4:21:16 PM
At 4/5/2015 3:04:38 PM, annanicole wrote:

So for all you know, God could very easily judge people based upon ... their religion?

Nope, I doubt he's real. If he was real however, he would be smart enough to not judge people based on religion. Only a fool would believe that.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 4:22:54 PM
At 4/5/2015 4:21:16 PM, triangle.128k wrote:

Nope, I doubt he's real. If he was real however, he would be smart enough to not judge people based on religion. Only a fool would believe that.

So we basically have an agnostic telling us how he thinks a God that he doubts exists should judge folks. Boy, that's rich!
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2015 4:36:55 PM
At 4/5/2015 4:22:54 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 4/5/2015 4:21:16 PM, triangle.128k wrote:

So we basically have an agnostic telling us how he thinks a God that he doubts exists should judge folks. Boy, that's rich!

I'm mocking how some Christians believe only Christians go to heaven. Is there a problem with mocking idiotic and intolerant people?
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 10:23:30 AM

Yeh right, LOL!
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 10:50:51 AM
At 4/6/2015 10:23:30 AM, JJ50 wrote:

Yeh right, LOL!

Sin is a construct made up by religious hierarchy and sold to their 'flock' so that they can shear their sheep by selling them forgiveness at the price of their ability to reason critically and be emotionally dependent on those in power, thus keeping them in power.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 10:53:46 AM
At 4/6/2015 10:50:51 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 4/6/2015 10:23:30 AM, JJ50 wrote:

Yeh right, LOL!

Sin is a construct made up by religious hierarchy and sold to their 'flock' so that they can shear their sheep by selling them forgiveness at the price of their ability to reason critically and be emotionally dependent on those in power, thus keeping them in power.

I agree.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 5:40:23 PM
'We're very tollerant and respectful of other religions. We're so tollerant that we believe you go to hell for eternal suffering if you aren't a Christian.' : :

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
debate_power
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 5:28:05 PM
At 4/5/2015 1:17:15 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

You are most likely a troll, but that does correspond correctly to Christian doctrine.

You don't go to hell if you don't believe? Well, God must have lied to me for most of my life, or I misinterpreted one of the supposed key tenets of the Bible and the entire practical purpose of belief in God, or none of those are the case.
You can call me Mark if you like.