Jump to topic:

Why the bible is not valid

Blastguy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 6:54:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
They say the bible was written by the smartest person alive. Here are some excerpts from that contradict what a lot of people do (with explanation).

"Consecrate yourselves therefore, and be holy; for I am the Lord your God. Keep my statutes, and observe them; I am the Lord; I sanctify you.
All who curse father or mother shall be put to death; having cursed father or mother, their blood is upon them.

If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbour, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall be put to death. The man who lies with his father's wife has uncovered his father's nakedness; both of them shall be put to death; their blood is upon them.

If a man lies with his daughter-in-law, both of them shall be put to death; they have committed perversion; their blood is upon them.

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them." [Leviticus, chapter 20]
So this is basically saying that is you are homosexual, it is a crime and you should be executed while what you really learn in school (and what the truth is in my opinion) is that everyone is different. If you're not homosexual then that's how you are, if someone is homosexual then it's how they are, don't get in their business. If Jesus was really the smartest person every then he would know that everyone is different. Also it says that if you use profanity toward your parent then you should be put to death. That means Jesus wants a lot of the world executed.

"When you buy a male Hebrew slave, he shall serve for six years, but in the seventh he shall go out a free person, without debt. If he comes in single, he shall go out single; if he comes in married, then his wife shall go out with him. If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall be her master's and he shall go out alone. But if the slave declares, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out a free person, then his master shall bring him before God. He shall be brought to the door or the doorpost; and his master shall pierce his ear with an awl; and he shall serve him for life.
When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do. If she does not please her master, who designated her for himself, then he shall let her be redeemed; he shall have no right to sell her to a foreign people, since he has dealt unfairly with her. If he designates her for his son, he shall deal with her as with a daughter. If he takes another wife to himself, he shall not diminish the food, clothing, or marital rights of the first wife. And if he does not do these three things for her, she shall go out without debt, without payment of money.

Whoever strikes a person mortally shall be put to death. If it was not premeditated, but came about by an act of God, then I will appoint for you a place to which the killer may flee. But if someone willfully attacks and kills another by treachery, you shall take the killer from my altar for execution.

Whoever strikes father or mother shall be put to death.

Whoever kidnaps a person, whether that person has been sold or is still held in possession, shall be put to death. Whoever curses father or mother shall be put to death.

When individuals quarrel and one strikes the other with a stone or fist so that the injured party, though not dead, is confined to bed, but recovers and walks around outside with the help of a staff, then the assailant shall be free of liability, except to pay for the loss of time, and to arrange for full recovery.

When a slave-owner strikes a male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies immediately, the owner shall be punished. But if the slave survives for a day or two, there is no punishment; for the slave is the owner's property." [Exodus, chapter 21]

So Jesus is saying that it's OK to have slaves, as long as they leave you in the same condition that you received them in. Also he is saying that if they want to continue being a slave (which I don't think anyone would) and not be free then you get to pierce their ear with an awl, then they serve you for the rest of their lives. He is agreeing to the "eye for an eye" rule and says that if you kill someone, you should be killed as well. This totally contradicts mostly every judge, who just give a life sentence. He also says that if you hit one of your parents then you should die and if you kidnap a person then you should die (again contradicting most judges;I can't think of a judge who gives hanging sentences to murderers and kidnappers). He says that if someone injures someone but the injured person makes a full recovery, then there's no punishment to the criminal. Also he says the same about a slave-owner hitting his slaves. So the supposedly smartest person in the world is saying that it's OK to own and hit slaves.

" I desire, then, that in every place the men should pray, lifting up holy hands without anger or argument; also that the women should dress themselves modestly and decently in suitable clothing, not with their hair braided, or with gold, pearls, or expensive clothes, but with good works, as is proper for women who profess reverence for God. Let a woman learn in silence with full submission. I permit no woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she is to keep silent. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. Yet she will be saved through childbearing, provided they continue in faith and love and holiness, with modesty." [1 Timothy, chapter 2]

Jesus is saying that women should not wear beautiful clothes and not braid their hair. What is the harm of someone braiding their hair or wearing a dress? He is being sexist by saying that women should not teach men anything or stand against them. They should just stay silent and listen. Do you see how many female teachers and professors there are in the world? And then he says that women will be saved by childbearing and modesty, what if a women doesn't wish to marry or have a child?

Overall, Jesus is suppose to be the smartest person ever, does approving slavery look smart to you? Does senseless killing look smart to you? Does putting down women and being sexist look smart to you? It is your choice, Jesus truth or fraud, you decide. But this is only a few excerpts from the bible that contradict modern day, equal, rules that we have. There are lots more parts of the bible that are not correct.

Thank you for your time and reading my arguments on how Jesus is a fraud.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 7:03:18 PM
At 4/6/2015 6:54:53 PM, Blastguy wrote:
They say the bible was written by the smartest person alive. Here are some excerpts from that contradict what a lot of people do (with explanation).

"Consecrate yourselves therefore, and be holy; for I am the Lord your God. Keep my statutes, and observe them; I am the Lord; I sanctify you.
All who curse father or mother shall be put to death; having cursed father or mother, their blood is upon them.

If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbour, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall be put to death. The man who lies with his father's wife has uncovered his father's nakedness; both of them shall be put to death; their blood is upon them.

If a man lies with his daughter-in-law, both of them shall be put to death; they have committed perversion; their blood is upon them.

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them." [Leviticus, chapter 20]
So this is basically saying that is you are homosexual, it is a crime and you should be executed while what you really learn in school (and what the truth is in my opinion) is that everyone is different. If you're not homosexual then that's how you are, if someone is homosexual then it's how they are, don't get in their business. If Jesus was really the smartest person every then he would know that everyone is different. Also it says that if you use profanity toward your parent then you should be put to death. That means Jesus wants a lot of the world executed.

"When you buy a male Hebrew slave, he shall serve for six years, but in the seventh he shall go out a free person, without debt. If he comes in single, he shall go out single; if he comes in married, then his wife shall go out with him. If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall be her master's and he shall go out alone. But if the slave declares, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out a free person, then his master shall bring him before God. He shall be brought to the door or the doorpost; and his master shall pierce his ear with an awl; and he shall serve him for life.
When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do. If she does not please her master, who designated her for himself, then he shall let her be redeemed; he shall have no right to sell her to a foreign people, since he has dealt unfairly with her. If he designates her for his son, he shall deal with her as with a daughter. If he takes another wife to himself, he shall not diminish the food, clothing, or marital rights of the first wife. And if he does not do these three things for her, she shall go out without debt, without payment of money.

Whoever strikes a person mortally shall be put to death. If it was not premeditated, but came about by an act of God, then I will appoint for you a place to which the killer may flee. But if someone willfully attacks and kills another by treachery, you shall take the killer from my altar for execution.

Whoever kidnaps a person, whether that person has been sold or is still held in possession, shall be put to death. Whoever curses father or mother shall be put to death.

When individuals quarrel and one strikes the other with a stone or fist so that the injured party, though not dead, is confined to bed, but recovers and walks around outside with the help of a staff, then the assailant shall be free of liability, except to pay for the loss of time, and to arrange for full recovery.

When a slave-owner strikes a male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies immediately, the owner shall be punished. But if the slave survives for a day or two, there is no punishment; for the slave is the owner's property." [Exodus, chapter 21]

So Jesus is saying that it's OK to have slaves, as long as they leave you in the same condition that you received them in. Also he is saying that if they want to continue being a slave (which I don't think anyone would) and not be free then you get to pierce their ear with an awl, then they serve you for the rest of their lives. He is agreeing to the "eye for an eye" rule and says that if you kill someone, you should be killed as well. This totally contradicts mostly every judge, who just give a life sentence. He also says that if you hit one of your parents then you should die and if you kidnap a person then you should die (again contradicting most judges;I can't think of a judge who gives hanging sentences to murderers and kidnappers). He says that if someone injures someone but the injured person makes a full recovery, then there's no punishment to the criminal. Also he says the same about a slave-owner hitting his slaves. So the supposedly smartest person in the world is saying that it's OK to own and hit slaves.

" I desire, then, that in every place the men should pray, lifting up holy hands without anger or argument; also that the women should dress themselves modestly and decently in suitable clothing, not with their hair braided, or with gold, pearls, or expensive clothes, but with good works, as is proper for women who profess reverence for God. Let a woman learn in silence with full submission. I permit no woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she is to keep silent. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. Yet she will be saved through childbearing, provided they continue in faith and love and holiness, with modesty." [1 Timothy, chapter 2]

Jesus is saying that women should not wear beautiful clothes and not braid their hair. What is the harm of someone braiding their hair or wearing a dress? He is being sexist by saying that women should not teach men anything or stand against them. They should just stay silent and listen. Do you see how many female teachers and professors there are in the world? And then he says that women will be saved by childbearing and modesty, what if a women doesn't wish to marry or have a child?

Overall, Jesus is suppose to be the smartest person ever, does approving slavery look smart to you? Does senseless killing look smart to you? Does putting down women and being sexist look smart to you? It is your choice, Jesus truth or fraud, you decide. But this is only a few excerpts from the bible that contradict modern day, equal, rules that we have. There are lots more parts of the bible that are not correct.

Thank you for your time and reading my arguments on how Jesus is a fraud. : :

The Christian "Jesus" is a fraudulent Lord and Savior but it's a good thing that there is a true Lord and Savior or you wouldn't exist.
Blastguy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 7:09:37 PM
The Christian "Jesus" is a fraudulent Lord and Savior but it's a good thing that there is a true Lord and Savior or you wouldn't exist.

I actually agree with that, this post was just about how Jesus is a fraud but I do believe that there is a true God.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 7:56:39 PM
At 4/6/2015 7:09:37 PM, Blastguy wrote:

I actually agree with that, this post was just about how Jesus is a fraud but I do believe that there is a true God. : :

It was actually the religious Jews who stole the words written and spoken by God's saints and prophets that started Judaism and Christianity. They eventually put together some of their writings mixed with Christ-like wordage and their Jewish traditions and Babylonian beliefs to make up their new testament. The NT has deceived every reader. Only our Creator can teach us who we are and that's why He used saints to testify to His knowledge by writing and speaking words He puts in our mind to teach us everything He wanted us to know during this first age. Now we know how we were created ( Breath of Life called information ) and formed into visible objects ( illusions called flesh and other visible objects ) to make up a make-believe world, known as a universe today, but only as observed by a created observer .
Blastguy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 8:17:23 PM
At 4/6/2015 7:12:48 PM, Rant wrote:
Tell me> is the Karan valid?

Read it and ask yourself if it's valid. If you believe in it, then become a Muslim. Some of you may have gotten me wrong here, I am not here to say that Christians are complete fools who follow a fraud, I may have gotten carried away with the wording by my true intention is to just show people that there are flaws in Christianity, and since there are flaws and people don't agree, they make other religions based off Christianity. There is nothing wrong with being a Christian but I just wanted to show the world that Christianity isn't 100% perfect, and I had to go to the core of the religion (Jesus and the bible) to show this.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 8:45:48 PM
At 4/6/2015 8:17:23 PM, Blastguy wrote:
At 4/6/2015 7:12:48 PM, Rant wrote:
Tell me> is the Karan valid?

Read it and ask yourself if it's valid. If you believe in it, then become a Muslim. Some of you may have gotten me wrong here, I am not here to say that Christians are complete fools who follow a fraud, I may have gotten carried away with the wording by my true intention is to just show people that there are flaws in Christianity, and since there are flaws and people don't agree, they make other religions based off Christianity. There is nothing wrong with being a Christian but I just wanted to show the world that Christianity isn't 100% perfect, and I had to go to the core of the religion (Jesus and the bible) to show this. : :

Jesus is not the core of Christianity. The core of Christianity is to build false gods for our Creator and spread these building techniques throughout the rest of the world after the Roman government gave their power over to the Vatican.

Jesus and the rest of us saints come to tell about the future and how God's beast was used to teach His people who to build visible objects to use as analogies to teach us saint how He planned to destroy this world and how we'll be living in Paradise. He also uses the modern technology we have today to teach me exactly how He created us within His program called Eternal Life with His computing language called vibrations. The visible objects we observe are only illusions that aren't our true reality.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 9:04:03 PM
BOG, the Anti-Christ, at it again, peddling his lava burns everyone up doomsday doo doo of the boring again street corner huckster.

The Bible is not valid because it is a compendium of religious propaganda made to look like historical reporting. Historical science has exposed the ancient Hebrew writers of the Torah/Tanakh Bible as story tellers, great ones, but just that, myth-makers, tall tale tellers, anything but the real historical truth as in the Bible pagan gods and goddesses become proper "Hebrews" supporting the racist ideology of Judaism.

But even with all its historical errors and moral corruptions, the Bible still contains all the words needed to understand the Messiah concept. The Celestial Torah code is embedded in Scriptures and that's why it was said that not one tittle will be lost of the Bible stories, they are like DNA codes for developing a moral society--potentially. But only if and when believers grow up and realize the surface stories of the Bible can't be followed as they are highly polluted with man-made ideas about God and religion and society. Old man-made ideas, and very bad ones like the quotes above show.

We need to look at the Bible like we do DNA molecule where most of the form producing elements are turned off and only a small minority of genes actually produce our selves as we see ourselves in the mirror. There are the old african homo species in there, neaderthal genes for us Europeans, etc, but they aren't expressed and that's the way we need to use the Bible. The old crappie ideas of ancient men must be ignored, turned off, or else we get ISIS, Boko Haram, killer apes made that way by following Bible beliefs of ancient men reformulated in the Quran and taken literally.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2015 7:56:06 AM

The first thing you need to do is learn about the OT and the NT, you need to read the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) to support what He said (Jesus), not what OT Jews said.

Also there are physical aspects of the Bible that are not "perfect" that is fine, however I challenge you to find error in the spiritual aspect of it! Consider the spiritual teachings and principles as this is what the scriptures are for, it is a spiritual book that exudes spiritual truth.

The Bible was never intended to be physically perfect but it's spiritual truth is 100% accurate. This is the constant theme in life and in scripture, the physical is flawed while the spirit speaks truth, it is in spirit where we find truth and God.
illegalcombatant2.0
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2015 8:10:47 AM
At 4/7/2015 7:56:06 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

The first thing you need to do is learn about the OT and the NT, you need to read the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) to support what He said (Jesus), not what OT Jews said.

Also there are physical aspects of the Bible that are not "perfect" that is fine, however I challenge you to find error in the spiritual aspect of it! Consider the spiritual teachings and principles as this is what the scriptures are for, it is a spiritual book that exudes spiritual truth.

The Bible was never intended to be physically perfect but it's spiritual truth is 100% accurate. This is the constant theme in life and in scripture, the physical is flawed while the spirit speaks truth, it is in spirit where we find truth and God.

You can pretty much justify any bullsh*t, if it turns out to be false just claim well it speaks to a spiritual truth.

At what point can we just say no if, no buts, no cavets, no rationalizations the bible at some point, in some aspect is just flat out wrong.
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2015 8:36:27 AM
At 4/7/2015 8:10:47 AM, illegalcombatant2.0 wrote:

You can pretty much justify any bullsh*t, if it turns out to be false just claim well it speaks to a spiritual truth.

Christians are almost incapable of criticizing their holy book or questioning anything in it. The believe it is the word of their god so it must all be right no matter the lack of logic internal contradictions it is filled with.
kman100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2015 6:43:34 PM

The old testament is incorrect? Not according to Jesus.
"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill," (Matt. 5:17)"
"Then beginning with Moses and with all the prophets, He explained to them the things concerning Himself in all the Scriptures," (NASB, Luke 24:27).
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 4:27:32 PM
At 4/7/2015 8:36:27 AM, dhardage wrote:

Christians are almost incapable of criticizing their holy book or questioning anything in it. The believe it is the word of their god so it must all be right no matter the lack of logic internal contradictions it is filled with.

Except I said the opposite lol. Contradictions are a personal observation, because not all of us observe the same things that is why we need instruction and direction.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 4:32:01 PM
At 4/7/2015 6:43:34 PM, kman100 wrote:

The old testament is incorrect? Not according to Jesus.
"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill," (Matt. 5:17)"
"Then beginning with Moses and with all the prophets, He exp

That's not what I said, the words of Jesus are recorded in the Gospels, if you don't realize that then I don't know what you are reading. It doesn't matter either way BTW is what my point is. Our relation with God in the here and now is not dependent on what one thinks about the OT.
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 4:42:27 PM
At 4/8/2015 4:27:32 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Except I said the opposite lol. Contradictions are a personal observation, because not all of us observe the same things that is why we need instruction and direction.

So an infallible, supremely wise and powerful being cannot produce a message that is unambiguous and so clear that everyone can understand it without resorting to 'instruction and direction', human interventions that could just as easily misinterpret and confuse it due to 'personal observation' and misunderstanding? That makes a whole lot of sense.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 4:57:30 PM
At 4/8/2015 4:42:27 PM, dhardage wrote:

So an infallible, supremely wise and powerful being cannot produce a message that is unambiguous and so clear that everyone can understand it without resorting to 'instruction and direction', human interventions that could just as easily misinterpret and confuse it due to 'personal observation' and misunderstanding? That makes a whole lot of sense.

What have you not understood about the spiritual aspects of its teachings? What I mean is that not all people observe spiritual things just like all people may not observe what others may observe, all of us are directed and instructed in some manner, we learn from people that have experience in something another do not that is life.

I don't expect physical or material perfection from the Bible because we are vessels and we are imperfect, but I can recognize the truth of spirit by application and observation, that is the point of the Gospels.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 5:25:10 PM
At 4/6/2015 7:56:39 PM, bornofgod wrote:

I actually agree with that, this post was just about how Jesus is a fraud but I do believe that there is a true God. : :

It was actually the religious Jews who stole the words written and spoken by God's saints and prophets that started Judaism and Christianity. They eventually put together some of their writings mixed with Christ-like wordage and their Jewish traditions and Babylonian beliefs to make up their new testament. The NT has deceived every reader. Only our Creator can teach us who we are and that's why He used saints to testify to His knowledge by writing and speaking words He puts in our mind to teach us everything He wanted us to know during this first age. Now we know how we were created ( Breath of Life called information ) and formed into visible objects ( illusions called flesh and other visible objects ) to make up a make-believe world, known as a universe today, but only as observed by a created observer .
Your lack of education really shows when you show such gross errors in your understanding of the Babylonian influence on the Jews.
To begin with all the prophets are a creation of the Jews and the God of the bible is also the creation of the Jews. He is the God of Abraham and Moses a Jewish creation. When you quote the prophets you are quoting biblical characters created by the Jews.
Babylonia, Egypt and the Romans were conquerors and enemies of the Jewsish people. The Babylonians destroyed the holy temple and exiled the Jews and sought the destruction of Judaism. Babylon had little influence on Judaism and the Jews maintained their faith in the God of Abraham which is the opposite of what you have been saying. So too were the Romans an enemy of the Jews . They destroyed the holy temple for the second time and sought to destroy Judaism. The Jews still prevailed and preserved their religion, Judaism.
Christianity is a religion created by Jesus who was rejected by the Jews. The Romans adopted Christianity as their state religion almost 400 years after its introduction.
You are distorting the history and scriptural origins of the bible. You have no scholarly background and was a labourer all your life. You are not mentally or academically qualified to participate in intelligent discussions.
To claim that you are the voice of God or God himself or that you possess the knowledge of God and that believers should listen to you and obey your commandments is the result of your alcohol deranged mind. The atheists members are least affected by your nonsense and flush you down the drain with the rest of your worthless created existence.
Christians, those chosen believers that you call antichrists and misguided believers should be offended by your delusional blasphemous distortions but somehow find compassion in their hearts to ignore your deranged rantings because of your diminished mental capacity and your status as a homeless beggar a destitute victim of your created existence.
In short your created existence is an abomination to all normal rational members. Only the moderators can put an end to your pathetic created existence.
That is more than 3 strikes against your created existence. Lol!!!
I hope Raisor is counting the votes.
Leugen9001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 7:11:52 PM

These were from the Old Testament. While these rules are still valid, the act of following them is no longer required for going to heaven, as Jesus' sacrifice fulfilled the obligation to do so.

"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.""(Matthew 5:18-5:18)

As such, your arugment was invalid, since Jesus actually allowed us to not do these actions by sacrificing Himself.

Also, God did not actively condone slavery; all mentions of slavery in the Bible were restrictions on slavery.
:) nac
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 7:16:25 PM
At 4/8/2015 5:25:10 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Your lack of education really shows when you show such gross errors in your understanding of the Babylonian influence on the Jews.
To begin with all the prophets are a creation of the Jews and the God of the bible is also the creation of the Jews. He is the God of Abraham and Moses a Jewish creation. When you quote the prophets you are quoting biblical characters created by the Jews.
Babylonia, Egypt and the Romans were conquerors and enemies of the Jewsish people. The Babylonians destroyed the holy temple and exiled the Jews and sought the destruction of Judaism. Babylon had little influence on Judaism and the Jews maintained their faith in the God of Abraham which is the opposite of what you have been saying. So too were the Romans an enemy of the Jews . They destroyed the holy temple for the second time and sought to destroy Judaism. The Jews still prevailed and preserved their religion, Judaism.
Christianity is a religion created by Jesus who was rejected by the Jews. The Romans adopted Christianity as their state religion almost 400 years after its introduction.
You are distorting the history and scriptural origins of the bible. You have no scholarly background and was a labourer all your life. You are not mentally or academically qualified to participate in intelligent discussions.
To claim that you are the voice of God or God himself or that you possess the knowledge of God and that believers should listen to you and obey your commandments is the result of your alcohol deranged mind. The atheists members are least affected by your nonsense and flush you down the drain with the rest of your worthless created existence.
Christians, those chosen believers that you call antichrists and misguided believers should be offended by your delusional blasphemous distortions but somehow find compassion in their hearts to ignore your deranged rantings because of your diminished mental capacity and your status as a homeless beggar a destitute victim of your created existence.
In short your created existence is an abomination to all normal rational members. Only the moderators can put an end to your pathetic created existence.
I hope Raisor is counting the votes. : ;

If Raisor supports the complainers in this forum, then your wishes will come true.
Blastguy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2015 6:01:18 AM

Harikrish was all this directed toward me? Or the guy you replied to?
Blastguy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2015 6:04:20 AM
I kind of understand what all of you guys have been trying to say about this; that that is in the Old Testament and that the bible was modified to fit the likings of people back then but why won't Christians just admit that the OT is modified and not the real bible? Why do they persist in saying that what it says in there is the truth when it clearly isn't?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2015 7:46:03 AM
At 4/9/2015 6:01:18 AM, Blastguy wrote:

It was directed at BoG. But you are welcomed to feel the love and illumination in my posts. I noticed you are a newbie . Welcome to the club.
Just a point I want to make. Why are you picking on a fraudster who died 2000 years ago when there are so many live ones on this site you can easily identify. They even quote Jesus.
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2015 8:20:44 AM
At 4/8/2015 4:57:30 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 4/8/2015 4:42:27 PM, dhardage wrote:

What have you not understood about the spiritual aspects of its teachings? What I mean is that not all people observe spiritual things just like all people may not observe what others may observe, all of us are directed and instructed in some manner, we learn from people that have experience in something another do not that is life.

I don't expect physical or material perfection from the Bible because we are vessels and we are imperfect, but I can recognize the truth of spirit by application and observation, that is the point of the Gospels.

At least that's how you justify your belief in a deity that you cannot demonstrate to exist with any real evidence. It's all 'spiritual'. Well, provide your evidence of a 'spirit', evidence that would stand up in, say, a court of criminal law. Prove beyond a reasonable doubt that 'spirit' or 'soul' even exists and then we can discuss it further. Until then it's just another unsupported assertion and an excuse to justify an illogical and otherwise unprovable belief.
Blastguy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2015 2:27:26 PM
At 4/9/2015 7:46:03 AM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/9/2015 6:01:18 AM, Blastguy wrote:

It was directed at BoG. But you are welcomed to feel the love and illumination in my posts. I noticed you are a newbie . Welcome to the club.
Just a point I want to make. Why are you picking on a fraudster who died 2000 years ago when there are so many live ones on this site you can easily identify. They even quote Jesus.

I'll look into it when I have some extra time. Thanks for the welcome.