Total Posts:24|Showing Posts:1-24
Jump to topic:

A false God test

illegalcombatant2.0
Posts: 27
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2015 9:01:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Some believers sure do run around telling others about how their God is true and the others are false.

Well then lets look at the common traits of a false God and see how your so called God measures up ?

1) False Gods don't speak for themselves

2) False Gods exist in the minds only of believers who often get together to reassure them self how right they are

3) False Gods don't actually do anything but rather false God believers wrongly attribute causal power to their God through baseless assertions and confirmation bias

4) False Gods only speak through other people, whether through books, script or in todays age tv and email.

5) A false God can't be shown to be any more true than another false God

6) False Gods exist through indoctrination and repetition over you know actual proof and testability of said Gods existence.

It seems reasonable does it not ? well religion have all sorts of mechanisms of defense to keep them self going including.......

1) Kill, suppress, demonize those who express a view that their God is false

2) Sunken fallacy, people have put in to much time/money/energy into their God thus are more committed to it.

3) Fear, stop believing you go to hell. Kinda acts as a defense against critical thought.

4) All others Gods are false except mine syndrome.

5) I can't be wrong, (insert divine assistance claim here) I have Gods truth.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 12:29:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/7/2015 9:01:01 PM, illegalcombatant2.0 wrote:
Some believers sure do run around telling others about how their God is true and the others are false.

Well then lets look at the common traits of a false God and see how your so called God measures up ?

1) False Gods don't speak for themselves

2) False Gods exist in the minds only of believers who often get together to reassure them self how right they are

3) False Gods don't actually do anything but rather false God believers wrongly attribute causal power to their God through baseless assertions and confirmation bias

4) False Gods only speak through other people, whether through books, script or in todays age tv and email.

5) A false God can't be shown to be any more true than another false God

6) False Gods exist through indoctrination and repetition over you know actual proof and testability of said Gods existence.

It seems reasonable does it not ? well religion have all sorts of mechanisms of defense to keep them self going including.......

1) Kill, suppress, demonize those who express a view that their God is false

2) Sunken fallacy, people have put in to much time/money/energy into their God thus are more committed to it.

3) Fear, stop believing you go to hell. Kinda acts as a defense against critical thought.

4) All others Gods are false except mine syndrome.

5) I can't be wrong, (insert divine assistance claim here) I have Gods truth. : :

It appears your test isn't attracting any students. You might have to change your test to make it more exciting to take.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 2:43:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/7/2015 9:01:01 PM, illegalcombatant2.0 wrote:
Some believers sure do run around telling others about how their God is true and the others are false.

Well then lets look at the common traits of a false God and see how your so called God measures up ?

1) False Gods don't speak for themselves

2) False Gods exist in the minds only of believers who often get together to reassure them self how right they are

3) False Gods don't actually do anything but rather false God believers wrongly attribute causal power to their God through baseless assertions and confirmation bias

4) False Gods only speak through other people, whether through books, script or in todays age tv and email.

5) A false God can't be shown to be any more true than another false God

6) False Gods exist through indoctrination and repetition over you know actual proof and testability of said Gods existence.

It seems reasonable does it not ? well religion have all sorts of mechanisms of defense to keep them self going including.......

1) Kill, suppress, demonize those who express a view that their God is false

2) Sunken fallacy, people have put in to much time/money/energy into their God thus are more committed to it.

3) Fear, stop believing you go to hell. Kinda acts as a defense against critical thought.

4) All others Gods are false except mine syndrome.

5) I can't be wrong, (insert divine assistance claim here) I have Gods truth.

Even if a deity does exist somewhere, I believe ALL deities worshipped by humans are their own creations.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 7:31:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/7/2015 9:01:01 PM, illegalcombatant2.0 wrote:
Some believers sure do run around telling others about how their God is true and the others are false.

Well then lets look at the common traits of a false God and see how your so called God measures up ?

1) False Gods don't speak for themselves

2) False Gods exist in the minds only of believers who often get together to reassure them self how right they are

3) False Gods don't actually do anything but rather false God believers wrongly attribute causal power to their God through baseless assertions and confirmation bias

4) False Gods only speak through other people, whether through books, script or in todays age tv and email.

5) A false God can't be shown to be any more true than another false God

6) False Gods exist through indoctrination and repetition over you know actual proof and testability of said Gods existence.

It seems reasonable does it not ? well religion have all sorts of mechanisms of defense to keep them self going including.......

1) Kill, suppress, demonize those who express a view that their God is false

2) Sunken fallacy, people have put in to much time/money/energy into their God thus are more committed to it.

3) Fear, stop believing you go to hell. Kinda acts as a defense against critical thought.

4) All others Gods are false except mine syndrome.

5) I can't be wrong, (insert divine assistance claim here) I have Gods truth.

First, you need a break lol.

The problem here mainly is not that you don't make valid points or that you are irrational, but rather you never learn anything, your responses and posts reflect the same things, you never learn or move your position only repeat yourself. You assume and deflect in the same manner as the next so it's not that I don't want to spend hours replying to all of this in some way that would be meaningful to you but that it would be a big fat waste of time.
You make it sound like its some kind of war going on here where we are killing each other, that is not the case so calm down, people have different views there is nothing we can do about it.

If we strip away all religions, all religious sects and all religious ideas there is still only one Creator, one God who is.
The reason I tell people to consider Christianity is for one reason, simply because I believe that it is an avenue to reach God, it's simply living a spiritual life while applying spiritual principles to produce spiritual things and that is the example Jesus left. The reason why I offer Christianity is because I believe its spiritual framework reflects spiritual reality, most things I know is not because someone told me rather because of what I've seen and observed and if I believed another teaching was more accurate I would use it. If you can't handle talking to someone and dealing with their beliefs as they are without pointing to everyone else and their beliefs it is not appropriate.
And lets get to the bottom of things, how many people of different religions offer you anything personally?? Lay em all out right here I want to know how many of these so called other "gods" are offering you anything. I want to know the religion, the representative and the teaching of what they offer, if you want me to answer all that above you need to be willing to do the same. The reason why I want to know is because I want to see the comparison, I want to see the actual numbers not assertions.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 7:35:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/8/2015 2:43:06 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 4/7/2015 9:01:01 PM, illegalcombatant2.0 wrote:
Some believers sure do run around telling others about how their God is true and the others are false.

Well then lets look at the common traits of a false God and see how your so called God measures up ?

1) False Gods don't speak for themselves

2) False Gods exist in the minds only of believers who often get together to reassure them self how right they are

3) False Gods don't actually do anything but rather false God believers wrongly attribute causal power to their God through baseless assertions and confirmation bias

4) False Gods only speak through other people, whether through books, script or in todays age tv and email.

5) A false God can't be shown to be any more true than another false God

6) False Gods exist through indoctrination and repetition over you know actual proof and testability of said Gods existence.

It seems reasonable does it not ? well religion have all sorts of mechanisms of defense to keep them self going including.......

1) Kill, suppress, demonize those who express a view that their God is false

2) Sunken fallacy, people have put in to much time/money/energy into their God thus are more committed to it.

3) Fear, stop believing you go to hell. Kinda acts as a defense against critical thought.

4) All others Gods are false except mine syndrome.

5) I can't be wrong, (insert divine assistance claim here) I have Gods truth.

Even if a deity does exist somewhere, I believe ALL deities worshipped by humans are their own creations.

Yeah because "even if" a deity exists "somewhere", it is off hiding someplace never to reveal anything to its pointless creation.....yeah that makes more sense....
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 8:25:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/8/2015 7:31:49 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 4/7/2015 9:01:01 PM, illegalcombatant2.0 wrote:
Some believers sure do run around telling others about how their God is true and the others are false.

Well then lets look at the common traits of a false God and see how your so called God measures up ?

1) False Gods don't speak for themselves

2) False Gods exist in the minds only of believers who often get together to reassure them self how right they are

3) False Gods don't actually do anything but rather false God believers wrongly attribute causal power to their God through baseless assertions and confirmation bias

4) False Gods only speak through other people, whether through books, script or in todays age tv and email.

5) A false God can't be shown to be any more true than another false God

6) False Gods exist through indoctrination and repetition over you know actual proof and testability of said Gods existence.

It seems reasonable does it not ? well religion have all sorts of mechanisms of defense to keep them self going including.......

1) Kill, suppress, demonize those who express a view that their God is false

2) Sunken fallacy, people have put in to much time/money/energy into their God thus are more committed to it.

3) Fear, stop believing you go to hell. Kinda acts as a defense against critical thought.

4) All others Gods are false except mine syndrome.

5) I can't be wrong, (insert divine assistance claim here) I have Gods truth.

First, you need a break lol.

The problem here mainly is not that you don't make valid points or that you are irrational, but rather you never learn anything, your responses and posts reflect the same things, you never learn or move your position only repeat yourself. You assume and deflect in the same manner as the next so it's not that I don't want to spend hours replying to all of this in some way that would be meaningful to you but that it would be a big fat waste of time.
You make it sound like its some kind of war going on here where we are killing each other, that is not the case so calm down, people have different views there is nothing we can do about it.

If we strip away all religions, all religious sects and all religious ideas there is still only one Creator, one God who is.

Baseless assertion. There is no evidence that ANY creator deity exists. First fallacy.

The reason I tell people to consider Christianity is for one reason, simply because I believe

Personal belief has no value in any argumentation. Without supportive evidence it is meaningless.

that it is an avenue to reach God, it's simply living a spiritual life while applying spiritual principles to produce spiritual things and that is the example Jesus left. The reason why I offer Christianity is because I believe its spiritual framework reflects spiritual reality,

How does this 'spiritual' reality differ from plain old reality?

most things I know is not because someone told me rather because of what I've seen and observed and if I believed another teaching was more accurate I would use it. If you can't handle talking to someone and dealing with their beliefs as they are without pointing to everyone else and their beliefs it is not appropriate.
And lets get to the bottom of things, how many people of different religions offer you anything personally?? Lay em all out right here I want to know how many of these so called other "gods" are offering you anything.

Let's see, Allah apparently offers you 72 virgins and an opulent palace for all eternity. Not so different from the streets of gold flowing with milk an honey of the Christian faith. Hinduism offers you Nirvana, if you can rid yourself of your bad karma. See, every religion has its own variety of the carrot and the stick.

I want to know the religion, the representative and the teaching of what they offer, if you want me to answer all that above you need to be willing to do the same. The reason why I want to know is because I want to see the comparison, I want to see the actual numbers not assertions.

Now who's deflecting? He just made some statements about how false gods would act. He is not holding a popularity contest, just challenging religious believers to critically examine their own religion and see if it has these characteristics. Are you afraid to ask the hard questions?
illegalcombatant2.0
Posts: 27
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 8:57:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/8/2015 7:31:49 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 4/7/2015 9:01:01 PM, illegalcombatant2.0 wrote:
Some believers sure do run around telling others about how their God is true and the others are false.

Well then lets look at the common traits of a false God and see how your so called God measures up ?

1) False Gods don't speak for themselves

2) False Gods exist in the minds only of believers who often get together to reassure them self how right they are

3) False Gods don't actually do anything but rather false God believers wrongly attribute causal power to their God through baseless assertions and confirmation bias

4) False Gods only speak through other people, whether through books, script or in todays age tv and email.

5) A false God can't be shown to be any more true than another false God

6) False Gods exist through indoctrination and repetition over you know actual proof and testability of said Gods existence.

It seems reasonable does it not ? well religion have all sorts of mechanisms of defense to keep them self going including.......

1) Kill, suppress, demonize those who express a view that their God is false

2) Sunken fallacy, people have put in to much time/money/energy into their God thus are more committed to it.

3) Fear, stop believing you go to hell. Kinda acts as a defense against critical thought.

4) All others Gods are false except mine syndrome.

5) I can't be wrong, (insert divine assistance claim here) I have Gods truth.

First, you need a break lol.

The problem here mainly is not that you don't make valid points or that you are irrational, but rather you never learn anything, your responses and posts reflect the same things, you never learn or move your position only repeat yourself. You assume and deflect in the same manner as the next so it's not that I don't want to spend hours replying to all of this in some way that would be meaningful to you but that it would be a big fat waste of time.
You make it sound like its some kind of war going on here where we are killing each other, that is not the case so calm down, people have different views there is nothing we can do about it.

If we strip away all religions, all religious sects and all religious ideas there is still only one Creator, one God who is.

The reason I tell people to consider Christianity is for one reason, simply because I believe that it is an avenue to reach God, it's simply living a spiritual life while applying spiritual principles to produce spiritual things and that is the example Jesus left. The reason why I offer Christianity is because I believe its spiritual framework reflects spiritual reality, most things I know is not because someone told me rather because of what I've seen and observed and if I believed another teaching was more accurate I would use it. If you can't handle talking to someone and dealing with their beliefs as they are without pointing to everyone else and their beliefs it is not appropriate.

As soon as some one goes down the path of well my God is real the other guys is not, too bad, it's relevant.

If your God can't differentiate it's self from another so called false God well..............you might be in the market for a new God.

And lets get to the bottom of things, how many people of different religions offer you anything personally?? Lay em all out right here I want to know how many of these so called other "gods" are offering you anything. I want to know the religion, the representative and the teaching of what they offer, if you want me to answer all that above you need to be willing to do the same. The reason why I want to know is because I want to see the comparison, I want to see the actual numbers not assertions.

At no point in your response was, well yes Mr Illegalcombatnat, people sure can be dumb as sh*t and get all emotional about their false Gods, I think we should look at ways to help us avoid such a trap such as forming groups and telling ourselves how we have the right/existing God while the other guy is clearly deluded in their God belief.

Yes Mr illegalcombant I think we should look into more objective ways of distinguishing a real God from an imaginary God.

Lots of false Gods running around in peoples heads eternal, let me guess, you agree............BUT your GOd is real, your God exists beyond just the imagination right ?
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 10:25:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/8/2015 8:57:25 AM, illegalcombatant2.0 wrote:
At 4/8/2015 7:31:49 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 4/7/2015 9:01:01 PM, illegalcombatant2.0 wrote:
Some believers sure do run around telling others about how their God is true and the others are false.

Well then lets look at the common traits of a false God and see how your so called God measures up ?

1) False Gods don't speak for themselves

2) False Gods exist in the minds only of believers who often get together to reassure them self how right they are

3) False Gods don't actually do anything but rather false God believers wrongly attribute causal power to their God through baseless assertions and confirmation bias

4) False Gods only speak through other people, whether through books, script or in todays age tv and email.

5) A false God can't be shown to be any more true than another false God

6) False Gods exist through indoctrination and repetition over you know actual proof and testability of said Gods existence.

It seems reasonable does it not ? well religion have all sorts of mechanisms of defense to keep them self going including.......

1) Kill, suppress, demonize those who express a view that their God is false

2) Sunken fallacy, people have put in to much time/money/energy into their God thus are more committed to it.

3) Fear, stop believing you go to hell. Kinda acts as a defense against critical thought.

4) All others Gods are false except mine syndrome.

5) I can't be wrong, (insert divine assistance claim here) I have Gods truth.

First, you need a break lol.

The problem here mainly is not that you don't make valid points or that you are irrational, but rather you never learn anything, your responses and posts reflect the same things, you never learn or move your position only repeat yourself. You assume and deflect in the same manner as the next so it's not that I don't want to spend hours replying to all of this in some way that would be meaningful to you but that it would be a big fat waste of time.
You make it sound like its some kind of war going on here where we are killing each other, that is not the case so calm down, people have different views there is nothing we can do about it.

If we strip away all religions, all religious sects and all religious ideas there is still only one Creator, one God who is.

The reason I tell people to consider Christianity is for one reason, simply because I believe that it is an avenue to reach God, it's simply living a spiritual life while applying spiritual principles to produce spiritual things and that is the example Jesus left. The reason why I offer Christianity is because I believe its spiritual framework reflects spiritual reality, most things I know is not because someone told me rather because of what I've seen and observed and if I believed another teaching was more accurate I would use it. If you can't handle talking to someone and dealing with their beliefs as they are without pointing to everyone else and their beliefs it is not appropriate.

As soon as some one goes down the path of well my God is real the other guys is not, too bad, it's relevant.

If your God can't differentiate it's self from another so called false God well..............you might be in the market for a new God.

And lets get to the bottom of things, how many people of different religions offer you anything personally?? Lay em all out right here I want to know how many of these so called other "gods" are offering you anything. I want to know the religion, the representative and the teaching of what they offer, if you want me to answer all that above you need to be willing to do the same. The reason why I want to know is because I want to see the comparison, I want to see the actual numbers not assertions.

At no point in your response was, well yes Mr Illegalcombatnat, people sure can be dumb as sh*t and get all emotional about their false Gods, I think we should look at ways to help us avoid such a trap such as forming groups and telling ourselves how we have the right/existing God while the other guy is clearly deluded in their God belief.

Yes Mr illegalcombant I think we should look into more objective ways of distinguishing a real God from an imaginary God.

Lots of false Gods running around in peoples heads eternal, let me guess, you agree............BUT your GOd is real, your God exists beyond just the imagination right ? : :

Don't worry, the true God will destroy everything we experience in this world soon. Then He'll start a new program called the NEW HEAVEN and EARTH.
illegalcombatant2.0
Posts: 27
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 10:31:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/8/2015 10:25:01 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 4/8/2015 8:57:25 AM, illegalcombatant2.0 wrote:
At 4/8/2015 7:31:49 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 4/7/2015 9:01:01 PM, illegalcombatant2.0 wrote:
Some believers sure do run around telling others about how their God is true and the others are false.

Well then lets look at the common traits of a false God and see how your so called God measures up ?

1) False Gods don't speak for themselves

2) False Gods exist in the minds only of believers who often get together to reassure them self how right they are

3) False Gods don't actually do anything but rather false God believers wrongly attribute causal power to their God through baseless assertions and confirmation bias

4) False Gods only speak through other people, whether through books, script or in todays age tv and email.

5) A false God can't be shown to be any more true than another false God

6) False Gods exist through indoctrination and repetition over you know actual proof and testability of said Gods existence.

It seems reasonable does it not ? well religion have all sorts of mechanisms of defense to keep them self going including.......

1) Kill, suppress, demonize those who express a view that their God is false

2) Sunken fallacy, people have put in to much time/money/energy into their God thus are more committed to it.

3) Fear, stop believing you go to hell. Kinda acts as a defense against critical thought.

4) All others Gods are false except mine syndrome.

5) I can't be wrong, (insert divine assistance claim here) I have Gods truth.

First, you need a break lol.

The problem here mainly is not that you don't make valid points or that you are irrational, but rather you never learn anything, your responses and posts reflect the same things, you never learn or move your position only repeat yourself. You assume and deflect in the same manner as the next so it's not that I don't want to spend hours replying to all of this in some way that would be meaningful to you but that it would be a big fat waste of time.
You make it sound like its some kind of war going on here where we are killing each other, that is not the case so calm down, people have different views there is nothing we can do about it.

If we strip away all religions, all religious sects and all religious ideas there is still only one Creator, one God who is.

The reason I tell people to consider Christianity is for one reason, simply because I believe that it is an avenue to reach God, it's simply living a spiritual life while applying spiritual principles to produce spiritual things and that is the example Jesus left. The reason why I offer Christianity is because I believe its spiritual framework reflects spiritual reality, most things I know is not because someone told me rather because of what I've seen and observed and if I believed another teaching was more accurate I would use it. If you can't handle talking to someone and dealing with their beliefs as they are without pointing to everyone else and their beliefs it is not appropriate.

As soon as some one goes down the path of well my God is real the other guys is not, too bad, it's relevant.

If your God can't differentiate it's self from another so called false God well..............you might be in the market for a new God.

And lets get to the bottom of things, how many people of different religions offer you anything personally?? Lay em all out right here I want to know how many of these so called other "gods" are offering you anything. I want to know the religion, the representative and the teaching of what they offer, if you want me to answer all that above you need to be willing to do the same. The reason why I want to know is because I want to see the comparison, I want to see the actual numbers not assertions.

At no point in your response was, well yes Mr Illegalcombatnat, people sure can be dumb as sh*t and get all emotional about their false Gods, I think we should look at ways to help us avoid such a trap such as forming groups and telling ourselves how we have the right/existing God while the other guy is clearly deluded in their God belief.

Yes Mr illegalcombant I think we should look into more objective ways of distinguishing a real God from an imaginary God.

Lots of false Gods running around in peoples heads eternal, let me guess, you agree............BUT your GOd is real, your God exists beyond just the imagination right ? : :

Don't worry, the true God will destroy everything we experience in this world soon. Then He'll start a new program called the NEW HEAVEN and EARTH.

define "soon"

Within 1 month ? 1 year ? 10 years ? 100 years ? 1,000,000,000 years ?
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 10:55:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/8/2015 10:31:01 AM, illegalcombatant2.0 wrote:
At 4/8/2015 10:25:01 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 4/8/2015 8:57:25 AM, illegalcombatant2.0 wrote:
At 4/8/2015 7:31:49 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 4/7/2015 9:01:01 PM, illegalcombatant2.0 wrote:
Some believers sure do run around telling others about how their God is true and the others are false.

Well then lets look at the common traits of a false God and see how your so called God measures up ?

1) False Gods don't speak for themselves

2) False Gods exist in the minds only of believers who often get together to reassure them self how right they are

3) False Gods don't actually do anything but rather false God believers wrongly attribute causal power to their God through baseless assertions and confirmation bias

4) False Gods only speak through other people, whether through books, script or in todays age tv and email.

5) A false God can't be shown to be any more true than another false God

6) False Gods exist through indoctrination and repetition over you know actual proof and testability of said Gods existence.

It seems reasonable does it not ? well religion have all sorts of mechanisms of defense to keep them self going including.......

1) Kill, suppress, demonize those who express a view that their God is false

2) Sunken fallacy, people have put in to much time/money/energy into their God thus are more committed to it.

3) Fear, stop believing you go to hell. Kinda acts as a defense against critical thought.

4) All others Gods are false except mine syndrome.

5) I can't be wrong, (insert divine assistance claim here) I have Gods truth.

First, you need a break lol.

The problem here mainly is not that you don't make valid points or that you are irrational, but rather you never learn anything, your responses and posts reflect the same things, you never learn or move your position only repeat yourself. You assume and deflect in the same manner as the next so it's not that I don't want to spend hours replying to all of this in some way that would be meaningful to you but that it would be a big fat waste of time.
You make it sound like its some kind of war going on here where we are killing each other, that is not the case so calm down, people have different views there is nothing we can do about it.

If we strip away all religions, all religious sects and all religious ideas there is still only one Creator, one God who is.

The reason I tell people to consider Christianity is for one reason, simply because I believe that it is an avenue to reach God, it's simply living a spiritual life while applying spiritual principles to produce spiritual things and that is the example Jesus left. The reason why I offer Christianity is because I believe its spiritual framework reflects spiritual reality, most things I know is not because someone told me rather because of what I've seen and observed and if I believed another teaching was more accurate I would use it. If you can't handle talking to someone and dealing with their beliefs as they are without pointing to everyone else and their beliefs it is not appropriate.

As soon as some one goes down the path of well my God is real the other guys is not, too bad, it's relevant.

If your God can't differentiate it's self from another so called false God well..............you might be in the market for a new God.

And lets get to the bottom of things, how many people of different religions offer you anything personally?? Lay em all out right here I want to know how many of these so called other "gods" are offering you anything. I want to know the religion, the representative and the teaching of what they offer, if you want me to answer all that above you need to be willing to do the same. The reason why I want to know is because I want to see the comparison, I want to see the actual numbers not assertions.

At no point in your response was, well yes Mr Illegalcombatnat, people sure can be dumb as sh*t and get all emotional about their false Gods, I think we should look at ways to help us avoid such a trap such as forming groups and telling ourselves how we have the right/existing God while the other guy is clearly deluded in their God belief.

Yes Mr illegalcombant I think we should look into more objective ways of distinguishing a real God from an imaginary God.

Lots of false Gods running around in peoples heads eternal, let me guess, you agree............BUT your GOd is real, your God exists beyond just the imagination right ? : :

Don't worry, the true God will destroy everything we experience in this world soon. Then He'll start a new program called the NEW HEAVEN and EARTH.

define "soon"

Within 1 month ? 1 year ? 10 years ? 100 years ? 1,000,000,000 years ? : :

The body that's writing this post has to be killed first, Then start worrying about the whole earth shaking violently. When that happens, you may have a few seconds to contemplate the past before you're smashed into the ground and burned up by hot molten lava.
ethang5
Posts: 4,104
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 11:29:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/8/2015 8:57:25 AM, illegalcombatant2.0 wrote:
At 4/8/2015 7:31:49 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 4/7/2015 9:01:01 PM, illegalcombatant2.0 wrote:
Some believers sure do run around telling others about how their God is true and the others are false.

Well then lets look at the common traits of a false God and see how your so called God measures up ?

1) False Gods don't speak for themselves

2) False Gods exist in the minds only of believers who often get together to reassure them self how right they are

3) False Gods don't actually do anything but rather false God believers wrongly attribute causal power to their God through baseless assertions and confirmation bias

4) False Gods only speak through other people, whether through books, script or in todays age tv and email.

5) A false God can't be shown to be any more true than another false God

6) False Gods exist through indoctrination and repetition over you know actual proof and testability of said Gods existence.

It seems reasonable does it not ? well religion have all sorts of mechanisms of defense to keep them self going including.......

1) Kill, suppress, demonize those who express a view that their God is false

2) Sunken fallacy, people have put in to much time/money/energy into their God thus are more committed to it.

3) Fear, stop believing you go to hell. Kinda acts as a defense against critical thought.

4) All others Gods are false except mine syndrome.

5) I can't be wrong, (insert divine assistance claim here) I have Gods truth.

First, you need a break lol.

The problem here mainly is not that you don't make valid points or that you are irrational, but rather you never learn anything, your responses and posts reflect the same things, you never learn or move your position only repeat yourself. You assume and deflect in the same manner as the next so it's not that I don't want to spend hours replying to all of this in some way that would be meaningful to you but that it would be a big fat waste of time.
You make it sound like its some kind of war going on here where we are killing each other, that is not the case so calm down, people have different views there is nothing we can do about it.

If we strip away all religions, all religious sects and all religious ideas there is still only one Creator, one God who is.

The reason I tell people to consider Christianity is for one reason, simply because I believe that it is an avenue to reach God, it's simply living a spiritual life while applying spiritual principles to produce spiritual things and that is the example Jesus left. The reason why I offer Christianity is because I believe its spiritual framework reflects spiritual reality, most things I know is not because someone told me rather because of what I've seen and observed and if I believed another teaching was more accurate I would use it. If you can't handle talking to someone and dealing with their beliefs as they are without pointing to everyone else and their beliefs it is not appropriate.

As soon as some one goes down the path of well my God is real the other guys is not, too bad, it's relevant.

If your God can't differentiate it's self from another so called false God well..............you might be in the market for a new God.

And lets get to the bottom of things, how many people of different religions offer you anything personally?? Lay em all out right here I want to know how many of these so called other "gods" are offering you anything. I want to know the religion, the representative and the teaching of what they offer, if you want me to answer all that above you need to be willing to do the same. The reason why I want to know is because I want to see the comparison, I want to see the actual numbers not assertions.

At no point in your response was, well yes Mr Illegalcombatnat, people sure can be dumb as sh*t and get all emotional about their false Gods, I think we should look at ways to help us avoid such a trap such as forming groups and telling ourselves how we have the right/existing God while the other guy is clearly deluded in their God belief.

Yes Mr illegalcombant I think we should look into more objective ways of distinguishing a real God from an imaginary God.

lol EtrnlVw. It seems your error was not conceding right off the bat. You made the mistake of thinking you were going to have a debate.

Nope. That's a soapbox you're looking at, not a forum.

Lots of false Gods running around in peoples heads eternal, let me guess, you agree............BUT your GOd is real, your God exists beyond just the imagination right ?

Shhhhh! Be careful not to say anything about the actual beliefs. If you do, people might begin to think ideas should be individually judged on there content and not just all dismissed because they've been placed in one Genre.
drpiek
Posts: 589
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 11:54:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/7/2015 9:01:01 PM, illegalcombatant2.0 wrote:

1) False Gods don't speak for themselves

2) False Gods exist in the minds only of believers who often get together to reassure them self how right they are

3) False Gods don't actually do anything but rather false God believers wrongly attribute causal power to their God through baseless assertions and confirmation bias

4) False Gods only speak through other people, whether through books, script or in todays age tv and email.

5) A false God can't be shown to be any more true than another false God

6) False Gods exist through indoctrination and repetition over you know actual proof and testability of said Gods existence.

My panentheist view of God passes all your tests, God is the source of existence. Not a separate creator but that which manifests as existence.

1. Since we all speak for ourselves and we are all manifestations of God, god speaks for himself.
2. Since everything is a manifestation of God, and things exist outside of your mind, God exists both inside and outside of our minds.
3. Things happen all the time, everything that happens is a manifestation of God.
4. If you attribute speaking only to Humans, then God began to speak once humans were manifest.
5. Existence is a manifestation of God and it can be proven to exist by observation.
6. No indoctrination needed, you do not even have to believe in God, you are a manifestation of God regardless of what you believe.
illegalcombatant2.0
Posts: 27
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 12:58:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/8/2015 12:33:21 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Lol, pure rhetoric.

Maybe you could enlighten us of how we can test a real God vs a false God. Cause you know people kind of lose their objectivity over THEIR God when you start questioning that their God is just as real and the other Gods they claim are not real.

Perhaps you have something constructive to add on the matter.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 4:23:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/8/2015 8:25:54 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 4/8/2015 7:31:49 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 4/7/2015 9:01:01 PM, illegalcombatant2.0 wrote:
Some believers sure do run around telling others about how their God is true and the others are false.

Well then lets look at the common traits of a false God and see how your so called God measures up ?

1) False Gods don't speak for themselves

2) False Gods exist in the minds only of believers who often get together to reassure them self how right they are

3) False Gods don't actually do anything but rather false God believers wrongly attribute causal power to their God through baseless assertions and confirmation bias

4) False Gods only speak through other people, whether through books, script or in todays age tv and email.

5) A false God can't be shown to be any more true than another false God

6) False Gods exist through indoctrination and repetition over you know actual proof and testability of said Gods existence.

It seems reasonable does it not ? well religion have all sorts of mechanisms of defense to keep them self going including.......

1) Kill, suppress, demonize those who express a view that their God is false

2) Sunken fallacy, people have put in to much time/money/energy into their God thus are more committed to it.

3) Fear, stop believing you go to hell. Kinda acts as a defense against critical thought.

4) All others Gods are false except mine syndrome.

5) I can't be wrong, (insert divine assistance claim here) I have Gods truth.

First, you need a break lol.

The problem here mainly is not that you don't make valid points or that you are irrational, but rather you never learn anything, your responses and posts reflect the same things, you never learn or move your position only repeat yourself. You assume and deflect in the same manner as the next so it's not that I don't want to spend hours replying to all of this in some way that would be meaningful to you but that it would be a big fat waste of time.
You make it sound like its some kind of war going on here where we are killing each other, that is not the case so calm down, people have different views there is nothing we can do about it.

If we strip away all religions, all religious sects and all religious ideas there is still only one Creator, one God who is.

Baseless assertion. There is no evidence that ANY creator deity exists. First fallacy.

Obviously my statement here was assuming that there is one for the poster for the sake of argument however what do you mean evidence? You mean physical evidence?? Physical evidence is not compatible with a God who has no material base, is that something you can comprehend?

The reason I tell people to consider Christianity is for one reason, simply because I believe

Personal belief has no value in any argumentation. Without supportive evidence it is meaningless.

Personal belief is the foundation to any argument, again you attribute lack of physical evidence to meaningless, it's obvious you have no concept of what spirituality is, otherwise you wouldn't be repeating yourself about physical evidence. If I can give you PHYSICAL evidence it is no longer considered SPIRITUAL!

that it is an avenue to reach God, it's simply living a spiritual life while applying spiritual principles to produce spiritual things and that is the example Jesus left. The reason why I offer Christianity is because I believe its spiritual framework reflects spiritual reality,

How does this 'spiritual' reality differ from plain old reality?

One is physical, the other spiritual lol.

most things I know is not because someone told me rather because of what I've seen and observed and if I believed another teaching was more accurate I would use it. If you can't handle talking to someone and dealing with their beliefs as they are without pointing to everyone else and their beliefs it is not appropriate.
And lets get to the bottom of things, how many people of different religions offer you anything personally?? Lay em all out right here I want to know how many of these so called other "gods" are offering you anything.

Let's see, Allah apparently offers you 72 virgins and an opulent palace for all eternity. Not so different from the streets of gold flowing with milk an honey of the Christian faith. Hinduism offers you Nirvana, if you can rid yourself of your bad karma. See, every religion has its own variety of the carrot and the stick.

Okay you have two examples so far, which one worth looking into?? I'm not denying religion has variety, it's the content that makes the difference and the content I'm speaking of. Labels mean little, it's the content that distinguishes.
As well I'm not talking about vague rewards but relevance to OUR life in the here and now and how our relation with God is tangible.

I want to know the religion, the representative and the teaching of what they offer, if you want me to answer all that above you need to be willing to do the same. The reason why I want to know is because I want to see the comparison, I want to see the actual numbers not assertions.

Now who's deflecting? He just made some statements about how false gods would act. He is not holding a popularity contest, just challenging religious believers to critically examine their own religion and see if it has these characteristics. Are you afraid to ask the hard questions?

No at all, actually if you knew me you should know better. I want support for the POSTERS assertions, not mine. Why would you assume that I wouldn't examine my beliefs??? Is that a typical Atheist assumption?
I'm asking the poster to support the assertions and his knowledge by giving me some examples, is that unreasonable? I don't deflect BTW, this is an observation I have made by observing the posters responses, nothing more.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 4:39:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/8/2015 4:23:19 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 4/8/2015 8:25:54 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 4/8/2015 7:31:49 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 4/7/2015 9:01:01 PM, illegalcombatant2.0 wrote:
Some believers sure do run around telling others about how their God is true and the others are false.

Well then lets look at the common traits of a false God and see how your so called God measures up ?


It seems reasonable does it not ? well religion have all sorts of mechanisms of defense to keep them self going including.......

1) Kill, suppress, demonize those who express a view that their God is false

2) Sunken fallacy, people have put in to much time/money/energy into their God thus are more committed to it.

3) Fear, stop believing you go to hell. Kinda acts as a defense against critical thought.

4) All others Gods are false except mine syndrome.

5) I can't be wrong, (insert divine assistance claim here) I have Gods truth.

First, you need a break lol.

The problem here mainly is not that you don't make valid points or that you are irrational, but rather you never learn anything, your responses and posts reflect the same things, you never learn or move your position only repeat yourself. You assume and deflect in the same manner as the next so it's not that I don't want to spend hours replying to all of this in some way that would be meaningful to you but that it would be a big fat waste of time.
You make it sound like its some kind of war going on here where we are killing each other, that is not the case so calm down, people have different views there is nothing we can do about it.

If we strip away all religions, all religious sects and all religious ideas there is still only one Creator, one God who is.

Baseless assertion. There is no evidence that ANY creator deity exists. First fallacy.

Obviously my statement here was assuming that there is one for the poster for the sake of argument however what do you mean evidence? You mean physical evidence?? Physical evidence is not compatible with a God who has no material base, is that something you can comprehend?

Whether this supposed god of yours is immaterial or not, one cannot act upon the material world without leaving physical traces. Something that acts on the physical universe, can cause floods, rains of fire, and all manner of physical phenomena would leave physical evidence. There is none.

The reason I tell people to consider Christianity is for one reason, simply because I believe

Personal belief has no value in any argumentation. Without supportive evidence it is meaningless.

Personal belief is the foundation to any argument, again you attribute lack of physical evidence to meaningless, it's obvious you have no concept of what spirituality is, otherwise you wouldn't be repeating yourself about physical evidence. If I can give you PHYSICAL evidence it is no longer considered SPIRITUAL!

And there is no way to demonstrate anything "spiritual" that has any bearing on the real world.

that it is an avenue to reach God, it's simply living a spiritual life while applying spiritual principles to produce spiritual things and that is the example Jesus left. The reason why I offer Christianity is because I believe its spiritual framework reflects spiritual reality,

How does this 'spiritual' reality differ from plain old reality?

One is physical, the other spiritual lol.

OH, gee, I guess I was put in my place. Please, at least try to give an answer that has some meaning. You haven't succeeded yet.


most things I know is not because someone told me rather because of what I've seen and observed and if I believed another teaching was more accurate I would use it. If you can't handle talking to someone and dealing with their beliefs as they are without pointing to everyone else and their beliefs it is not appropriate.
And lets get to the bottom of things, how many people of different religions offer you anything personally?? Lay em all out right here I want to know how many of these so called other "gods" are offering you anything.

Let's see, Allah apparently offers you 72 virgins and an opulent palace for all eternity. Not so different from the streets of gold flowing with milk an honey of the Christian faith. Hinduism offers you Nirvana, if you can rid yourself of your bad karma. See, every religion has its own variety of the carrot and the stick.

Okay you have two examples so far, which one worth looking into?? I'm not denying religion has variety, it's the content that makes the difference and the content I'm speaking of. Labels mean little, it's the content that distinguishes.
As well I'm not talking about vague rewards but relevance to OUR life in the here and now and how our relation with God is tangible.

Ok, now how his a relationship tangible when your God is supposedly immaterial? Seems like a bit of contradiction.

I want to know the religion, the representative and the teaching of what they offer, if you want me to answer all that above you need to be willing to do the same. The reason why I want to know is because I want to see the comparison, I want to see the actual numbers not assertions.

Now who's deflecting? He just made some statements about how false gods would act. He is not holding a popularity contest, just challenging religious believers to critically examine their own religion and see if it has these characteristics. Are you afraid to ask the hard questions?

No at all, actually if you knew me you should know better. I want support for the POSTERS assertions, not mine. Why would you assume that I wouldn't examine my beliefs??? Is that a typical Atheist assumption?

No, it's based on the fact that you don't even try to demonstrate your belief is any different from others based on the conditions he provided. You're dodging the question. If you had stuck to the basic premise of the original post you'd be showing both intellectual honesty and integrity.

I'm asking the poster to support the assertions and his knowledge by giving me some examples, is that unreasonable?

I gave you examples. Now respond to the OP and explain, if you can, why your religion differs in any of the ways specified in the OP from any other. I'm willing to bet that you can't.

To reiterate, in case you forgot:

1) False Gods don't speak for themselves

2) False Gods exist in the minds only of believers who often get together to reassure them self how right they are

3) False Gods don't actually do anything but rather false God believers wrongly attribute causal power to their God through baseless assertions and confirmation bias

4) False Gods only speak through other people, whether through books, script or in todays age tv and email.

5) A false God can't be shown to be any more true than another false God

6) False Gods exist through indoctrination and repetition over you know actual proof and testability of said Gods existence.

Now stick to the post. Show me how your god is no more false than, say, Zeus or Allah.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 5:39:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/8/2015 4:39:51 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 4/8/2015 4:23:19 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 4/8/2015 8:25:54 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 4/8/2015 7:31:49 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 4/7/2015 9:01:01 PM, illegalcombatant2.0 wrote:

1) Kill, suppress, demonize those who express a view that their God is false


First, you need a break lol.

The problem here mainly is not that you don't make valid points or that you are irrational, but rather you never learn anything, your responses and posts reflect the same things, you never learn or move your position only repeat yourself. You assume and deflect in the same manner as the next so it's not that I don't want to spend hours replying to all of this in some way that would be meaningful to you but that it would be a big fat waste of time.
You make it sound like its some kind of war going on here where we are killing each other, that is not the case so calm down, people have different views there is nothing we can do about it.

If we strip away all religions, all religious sects and all religious ideas there is still only one Creator, one God who is.

Baseless assertion. There is no evidence that ANY creator deity exists. First fallacy.

Obviously my statement here was assuming that there is one for the poster for the sake of argument however what do you mean evidence? You mean physical evidence?? Physical evidence is not compatible with a God who has no material base, is that something you can comprehend?

Whether this supposed god of yours is immaterial or not, one cannot act upon the material world without leaving physical traces. Something that acts on the physical universe, can cause floods, rains of fire, and all manner of physical phenomena would leave physical evidence. There is none.

Give me an example of how a spirit being causing a physical phenomena would leave physical evidence, it makes no sense. All you would have is the result of such a phenomena, not physical evidence that a spirit caused it, make sense?? How could you provide physical evidence that a "ghost" moved a chair?? One can observe that the ghost moved it but cannot produce physical evidence of a ghost, does that sink in at all???

The reason I tell people to consider Christianity is for one reason, simply because I believe

Personal belief has no value in any argumentation. Without supportive evidence it is meaningless.

Personal belief is the foundation to any argument, again you attribute lack of physical evidence to meaningless, it's obvious you have no concept of what spirituality is, otherwise you wouldn't be repeating yourself about physical evidence. If I can give you PHYSICAL evidence it is no longer considered SPIRITUAL!

And there is no way to demonstrate anything "spiritual" that has any bearing on the real world.

that it is an avenue to reach God, it's simply living a spiritual life while applying spiritual principles to produce spiritual things and that is the example Jesus left. The reason why I offer Christianity is because I believe its spiritual framework reflects spiritual reality,

How does this 'spiritual' reality differ from plain old reality?

One is physical, the other spiritual lol.

OH, gee, I guess I was put in my place. Please, at least try to give an answer that has some meaning. You haven't succeeded yet.

What needs to be clarified?


most things I know is not because someone told me rather because of what I've seen and observed and if I believed another teaching was more accurate I would use it. If you can't handle talking to someone and dealing with their beliefs as they are without pointing to everyone else and their beliefs it is not appropriate.
And lets get to the bottom of things, how many people of different religions offer you anything personally?? Lay em all out right here I want to know how many of these so called other "gods" are offering you anything.

Let's see, Allah apparently offers you 72 virgins and an opulent palace for all eternity. Not so different from the streets of gold flowing with milk an honey of the Christian faith. Hinduism offers you Nirvana, if you can rid yourself of your bad karma. See, every religion has its own variety of the carrot and the stick.

Okay you have two examples so far, which one worth looking into?? I'm not denying religion has variety, it's the content that makes the difference and the content I'm speaking of. Labels mean little, it's the content that distinguishes.
As well I'm not talking about vague rewards but relevance to OUR life in the here and now and how our relation with God is tangible.

Ok, now how his a relationship tangible when your God is supposedly immaterial? Seems like a bit of contradiction.

Because the spirit is legit, it is tangible but not physical, does that make sense in your material mind? God does not have to be material to have a tangible relationship. As for the rest I am limited on time here so answer these and I may reply to the rest if you don't mind. As the rest may require more than just a surface answer.

I want to know the religion, the representative and the teaching of what they offer, if you want me to answer all that above you need to be willing to do the same. The reason why I want to know is because I want to see the comparison, I want to see the actual numbers not assertions.

Now who's deflecting? He just made some statements about how false gods would act. He is not holding a popularity contest, just challenging religious believers to critically examine their own religion and see if it has these characteristics. Are you afraid to ask the hard questions?

No at all, actually if you knew me you should know better. I want support for the POSTERS assertions, not mine. Why would you assume that I wouldn't examine my beliefs??? Is that a typical Atheist assumption?

No, it's based on the fact that you don't even try to demonstrate your belief is any different from others based on the conditions he provided. You're dodging the question. If you had stuck to the basic premise of the original post you'd be showing both intellectual honesty and integrity.

Actually I have, when I have time, you mean I'd be showing honesty and integrity by submitting to the posters allegations lol? Not convincing at all BTW.

I'm asking the poster to support the assertions and his knowledge by giving me some examples, is that unreasonable?

I gave you examples. Now respond to the OP and explain, if you can, why your religion differs in any of the ways specified in the OP from any other. I'm willing to bet that you can't.

To reiterate, in case you forgot:

1) False Gods don't speak for themselves

2) False Gods exist in the minds only of believers who often get together to reassure them self how right they are

3) False Gods don't actually do anything but rather false God believers wrongly attribute causal power to their God through baseless assertions and confirmation bias

4) False Gods only speak through other people, whether through books, script or in todays age tv and email.

5) A false God can't be shown to be any more true than another false God

6) False Gods exist through indoctrination and repetition over you know actual proof and testability of said Gods existence.

Now stick to the post. Show me how your god is no more false than, say, Zeus or Allah
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2015 5:45:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm not doing anyone's homework for them dhardage, that was kind of the point of my original post, and I gave the reason why I need not do so.
You Atheists want so bad to believe that believers are indoctrinated and they have no choice in the matter, very unfortunate because now all your assumptions are based on that, that is a problem from the start.
I said that I find more truth in the spiritual framework of the Bible then anything else, if you can't handle that without be writing a book why then you are immature, if you walk around thinking all believers are indoctrinated you are ignorant, these words I use not to insult but to show you how your thinking has deteriorated.

If you take the contents of every single religious belief that exists you can ELIMINATE about 98% of them by comparing them with reality, by examining what they have that is relevant to our life in the now. Let me give you one example of what I mean in scripture....read this chapter.
https://www.biblegateway.com...

Christianity IMO is unique in that the Spirit of God is willing to abide within the believer in this life, our relation with God is spiritual and we are able to connect with spiritual things in this life. The Bible is unique in its delivery of creation, its relation to Humans and what goes on in the existence of the spiritual. Let me know if you find anything relevant in Greek mythology or anything at all!
If you break it down we are left with a few choices that could possibly fit with reality, we have Christianity, Muslim, Hindu and Buddhist. I'm not gonna make a show as to why I choose Christianity because I let people speak for their own beliefs (if they make sense lol), I'm not here to trash religions which is why I stated in my original post that if you guys can't handle peoples beliefs as they are, it is inappropriate. I personally do not believe that our souls get reincarnated into many bodies until we are like a God, I disagree with some of the spiritual realities within those types of belief, that is just some of the reasons I do not follow Hindu and Buddhism though there is much more to it. I also find things that are interesting among these as well, not all bad or wrong.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2015 6:01:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The focus of Buddhism BTW is mainly self, it does not focus on God or the afterlife so I do not consider Buddhism to be an authority on the subject matter of God, it just doesn't have the insight IMO, but again there are things I find well worth it to learn about. To focus on ones self and the mind is very important, but I do not consider that to be the complete foundation of spiritual reality, only a part of it.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2015 8:27:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Obviously my statement here was assuming that there is one for the poster for the sake of argument however what do you mean evidence? You mean physical evidence?? Physical evidence is not compatible with a God who has no material base, is that something you can comprehend?

Whether this supposed god of yours is immaterial or not, one cannot act upon the material world without leaving physical traces. Something that acts on the physical universe, can cause floods, rains of fire, and all manner of physical phenomena would leave physical evidence. There is none.

Give me an example of how a spirit being causing a physical phenomena would leave physical evidence, it makes no sense. All you would have is the result of such a phenomena, not physical evidence that a spirit caused it, make sense?? How could you provide physical evidence that a "ghost" moved a chair?? One can observe that the ghost moved it but cannot produce physical evidence of a ghost, does that sink in at all???

First you'd have to demonstrate that the chair actually moved. Second, you'd have to rule out every other logical possibility. Finally, the 'result' would be evidence and guess what? No result of the Global Flood or the rain of fire that destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah or any of the other world shaking miracles that your god supposedly wrought. Clear enough for you now?

The reason I tell people to consider Christianity is for one reason, simply because I believe

Personal belief has no value in any argumentation. Without supportive evidence it is meaningless.

Personal belief is the foundation to any argument, again you attribute lack of physical evidence to meaningless, it's obvious you have no concept of what spirituality is, otherwise you wouldn't be repeating yourself about physical evidence. If I can give you PHYSICAL evidence it is no longer considered SPIRITUAL!

And there is no way to demonstrate anything "spiritual" that has any bearing on the real world.

that it is an avenue to reach God, it's simply living a spiritual life while applying spiritual principles to produce spiritual things and that is the example Jesus left. The reason why I offer Christianity is because I believe its spiritual framework reflects spiritual reality,

How does this 'spiritual' reality differ from plain old reality?

One is physical, the other spiritual lol.

OH, gee, I guess I was put in my place. Please, at least try to give an answer that has some meaning. You haven't succeeded yet.

What needs to be clarified?

Simple. How does spiritual reality differ from ordinary reality? You can't define a word in reference to itself so to simply say it's 'spiritual' is semantically and logically null.



most things I know is not because someone told me rather because of what I've seen and observed and if I believed another teaching was more accurate I would use it. If you can't handle talking to someone and dealing with their beliefs as they are without pointing to everyone else and their beliefs it is not appropriate.
And lets get to the bottom of things, how many people of different religions offer you anything personally?? Lay em all out right here I want to know how many of these so called other "gods" are offering you anything.

Let's see, Allah apparently offers you 72 virgins and an opulent palace for all eternity. Not so different from the streets of gold flowing with milk an honey of the Christian faith. Hinduism offers you Nirvana, if you can rid yourself of your bad karma. See, every religion has its own variety of the carrot and the stick.

Okay you have two examples so far, which one worth looking into?? I'm not denying religion has variety, it's the content that makes the difference and the content I'm speaking of. Labels mean little, it's the content that distinguishes.
As well I'm not talking about vague rewards but relevance to OUR life in the here and now and how our relation with God is tangible.

Ok, now how his a relationship tangible when your God is supposedly immaterial? Seems like a bit of contradiction.

Because the spirit is legit, it is tangible

Better get out that dictionary and read up on tangible again.

but not physical, does that make sense in your material mind? God does not have to be material to have a tangible relationship. As for the rest I am limited on time here so answer these and I may reply to the rest if you don't mind. As the rest may require more than just a surface answer.

I want to know the religion, the representative and the teaching of what they offer, if you want me to answer all that above you need to be willing to do the same. The reason why I want to know is because I want to see the comparison, I want to see the actual numbers not assertions.

Now who's deflecting? He just made some statements about how false gods would act. He is not holding a popularity contest, just challenging religious believers to critically examine their own religion and see if it has these characteristics. Are you afraid to ask the hard questions?

No at all, actually if you knew me you should know better. I want support for the POSTERS assertions, not mine. Why would you assume that I wouldn't examine my beliefs??? Is that a typical Atheist assumption?

No, it's based on the fact that you don't even try to demonstrate your belief is any different from others based on the conditions he provided. You're dodging the question. If you had stuck to the basic premise of the original post you'd be showing both intellectual honesty and integrity.

Actually I have, when I have time, you mean I'd be showing honesty and integrity by submitting to the posters allegations lol? Not convincing at all BTW.

I'm asking the poster to support the assertions and his knowledge by giving me some examples, is that unreasonable?

I gave you examples. Now respond to the OP and explain, if you can, why your religion differs in any of the ways specified in the OP from any other. I'm willing to bet that you can't.

To reiterate, in case you forgot:

1) False Gods don't speak for themselves

2) False Gods exist in the minds only of believers who often get together to reassure them self how right they are

3) False Gods don't actually do anything but rather false God believers wrongly attribute causal power to their God through baseless assertions and confirmation bias

4) False Gods only speak through other people, whether through books, script or in todays age tv and email.

5) A false God can't be shown to be any more true than another false God

6) False Gods exist through indoctrination and repetition over you know actual proof and testability of said Gods existence.

Now stick to the post. Show me how your god is no more false than, say, Zeus or Allah.

Well, come on. You say your god is the real deal. Show me how he is any different from these 'false' ones based on the characteristics mentioned above?
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2015 8:33:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/9/2015 6:01:04 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
The focus of Buddhism BTW is mainly self, it does not focus on God or the afterlife so I do not consider Buddhism to be an authority on the subject matter of God, it just doesn't have the insight IMO, but again there are things I find well worth it to learn about. To focus on ones self and the mind is very important, but I do not consider that to be the complete foundation of spiritual reality, only a part of it.

Christianity has no more credence that Buddhism.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2015 8:40:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/9/2015 5:45:59 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
I'm not doing anyone's homework for them dhardage, that was kind of the point of my original post, and I gave the reason why I need not do so.

So I was right, you can't demonstrate that your god is any better than any other given the criteria of the original post.
You Atheists want so bad to believe that believers are indoctrinated and they have no choice in the matter, very unfortunate because now all your assumptions are based on that, that is a problem from the start.

No, that's based on observation and conversation with believers who cannot provide the facts to back up their assertions and get all insulted when an unbeliever chooses to see that as failure.

I said that I find more truth in the spiritual framework of the Bible then anything else, if you can't handle that without be writing a book why then you are immature, if you walk around thinking all believers are indoctrinated you are ignorant, these words I use not to insult but to show you how your thinking has deteriorated.

I'd say that most are, to one extent or another since they've been undergoing religious teaching since they were very young. And no, I'm not ignorant of the process, I was born into and raised as a Southern Baptist so I'm very personally familiar with it. That's a stereotype many believers wish to use to try and discredit those who speak against such primitive superstitions.


If you take the contents of every single religious belief that exists you can ELIMINATE about 98% of them by comparing them with reality, by examining what they have that is relevant to our life in the now. Let me give you one example of what I mean in scripture....read this chapter.
https://www.biblegateway.com...

Christianity

I'm pleased that you're honest enough to specify it is your opinion. Not many are.

IMO is unique in that the Spirit of God is willing to abide within the believer in this life, our relation with God is spiritual and we are able to connect with spiritual things in this life. The Bible is unique in its delivery of creation, its relation to Humans and what goes on in the existence of the spiritual. Let me know if you find anything relevant in Greek mythology or anything at all!
If you break it down we are left with a few choices that could possibly fit with reality,

No religion fits with reality since they all claim to be right and that's not possible. They also claim some supernatural being or beings created and control the universe, for which there is no evidence. That is an unsupported assertion.

we have Christianity, Muslim, Hindu and Buddhist.

What of the pagan religions that actually worship nature and reality, taking their cues from natural rhythms like the seasons, phases of the moon, etc? How are they any different, any less 'fitting' with reality when reality itself forms the basis of their belief?

I'm not gonna make a show as to why I choose Christianity because I let people speak for their own beliefs (if they make sense lol), I'm not here to trash religions which is why I stated in my original post that if you guys can't handle peoples beliefs as they are, it is inappropriate.

If people like you would not try to put your religion into government and education where it does not belong, you would probably not even notice us non-believers. It was believers who used to persecute, torment, and kill us because we chose logic over myth and there are some who would still do it today, if they ran things. Keep your prayers in the closet as Jesus commanded, follow his actual example, and I'd have nothing but respect for so-called Christians. I think Jesus, if he actually existed and were to return today, would be quite angry at how his name has been misused.

I personally do not believe that our souls get reincarnated into many bodies until we are like a God, I disagree with some of the spiritual realities within those types of belief, that is just some of the reasons I do not follow Hindu and Buddhism though there is much more to it. I also find things that are interesting among these as well, not all bad or wrong.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2015 9:39:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/8/2015 12:58:12 PM, illegalcombatant2.0 wrote:
At 4/8/2015 12:33:21 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Lol, pure rhetoric.

Maybe you could enlighten us of how we can test a real God vs a false God. Cause you know people kind of lose their objectivity over THEIR God when you start questioning that their God is just as real and the other Gods they claim are not real.

Perhaps you have something constructive to add on the matter.

Right. Wanna try formulating a substantive version of this "test" without all the rhetorical (and substantively irrelevant) flourish?
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2015 9:41:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
And the standards for figuring out the true God vs the right God aren't much different from figuring out whether physicalism is correct for instance. You factor in everything.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!